Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Freshly dinged 110's in BG's.

Can you at LEAST unlock concordance before you join a BG, and not join with 6 traits unlocked on your weapon?

Thanks, a disgruntled PvPer.

Why? A single win will give them upto 50 points at this stage? are you saying that 1 slightly lower dps or heal then normal is going to throw a game? I have bigger problems with people who don't do the objectives

Quote Originally Posted by ilik2345 View Post
    Why? A single win will give them upto 50 points at this stage? are you saying that 1 slightly lower dps or heal then normal is going to throw a game? I have bigger problems with people who don't do the objectives
    It's not "slightly lower" lol, it's a massive chunk of traits that can make or break a class, some specs don't even play optimally until they have all their traits unlocked.

So because you've lad longer to play than others that automatically means they shouldn't go in until their up to your standard?

Well it certainly gives the lie to the "you can just jump right in!!!11!1!!!1!" nonsense that Blizzard spewed about PvP at the start of the xpac.

Missing traits can mean ~25% less HP, concordance is a HUGE buff for some classes (ones that get Vers become nearly immortal for a bit), and not having your full set of PvP talents unlocked on like half the classes can mean you're totally useless (whereas on some you dont even need PvP talents to be viable).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    Can you at LEAST unlock concordance before you join a BG, and not join with 6 traits unlocked on your weapon?

This is different from entering with 200 ilvl lower green weapons/gear how?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    This is different from entering with 200 ilvl lower green weapons/gear how?
    Gear scales to templates, Traits don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Well it certainly gives the lie to the "you can just jump right in!!!11!1!!!1!" nonsense that Blizzard spewed about PvP at the start of the xpac.

Missing traits can mean ~25% less HP, concordance is a HUGE buff for some classes (ones that get Vers become nearly immortal for a bit), and not having your full set of PvP talents unlocked on like half the classes can mean you're totally useless (whereas on some you dont even need PvP talents to be viable).
    To be fair, you can do 1 PvP tower WQ and have concordance at this point.

It's not "slightly lower" lol, it's a massive chunk of traits that can make or break a class, some specs don't even play optimally until they have all their traits unlocked.
    Not to mention like 50% stamina you get from these traits too

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post

You can have everything you need within half an hour of doing 2 emissary quests or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    So because you've lad longer to play than others that automatically means they shouldn't go in until their up to your standard?
    Nothing to do with playing longer at all, I don't expect them to reach my level of traits immediately, simply do one or two emisarries and boom, you have all your traits unlocked.

Come in prepared, not as fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    Not to mention like 50% stamina you get from these traits too

You can have everything you need within half an hour of doing 2 emissary quests or so.
    Not Honor Talents. Or traits above 50 (which still grant .75% stamina/rank, even though Blizz said it would fall off after Concordance... but extensive in-game testimg showed this to be a lie), or the ~13-16% flat stat bonus from iLevel gains (which is 4-7% larger than the difference between Honor and Conquest gear ever was)...

Need i go on? I can. We mathed this out twice. Three times if you count the time we did it during Alpha.

And its hardly fair to compare the system as it exists now at the effective game-mechanical end of the xpac; far more important is that the system was so fucked up that had radically alter it THREE TIMES to make it remotely bearable....

And its STILL more newb-unfriendly than the old system ever was.

Hint, if 50 traits lose you a game, you have a bigger issue than just that. Might want to realise that.

Also if you lose that many games, there is the realisation that you are the 1 common factor

A freshly dinged toon will have prestige 0 and will get phased with other 0 lvl people on bg till they hit lvl 1 prestige.

If your main toon is prestige 0 you will get in this new group despite all your traits/ilvl so it can seem unfair but truly if u are lvl 0 at this point...

I thought i had a screenshot from one of my alts at freshly dinged 110 in a bg (literally still in heirlooms), but alas i seem not to, from memory they have a bout 1mill less hp and did awful damage, but we still won that game. Kinda annoying, oh well, i'll take a screen of the next one i level

Deleted

But freshly dinged have their own bracket no? We don't play with or against them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    But freshly dinged have their own bracket no? We don't play with or against them at all.
    Not true, I've had several games with people ranging from prestige level 0 to 24.

no as soon as i get my dk 110 im going try and get a bg win, if blizz didn't want freshly dinged toons in there they shouldn't have let essences be awarded from the 1st win of the day

Ok, two things, first people with no prestige are grouped together, seperately from people with prestige 1 or over. You normally won't see them, however a lot of alts will be playing with friends and if those friends are over prestige one you will see the freshly dinged toon with you in a bg.

Just bare in mind if this happens chances are 1 to 4 other people will be friends with that persons character so be not nice to them probably won't be appreciated.

Nothing to do with playing longer at all, I don't expect them to reach my level of traits immediately, simply do one or two emisarries and boom, you have all your traits unlocked.

How would they even know ?

Deleted
    As I have not played for at least a year, now that I am back I will most definitely be hitting the battlegrounds with my freshly dinged 110s.

But your still setting a standard xD