Page 17 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks GOP and Trump. Worthless fucks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    If you want to have a civil discussion, stop with the chest pumping. :P
    Said the guy who cannot seem to act like an adult and keeps repeating "Suckermer" as if this is pre-school .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Said the guy who cannot seem to act like an adult and keeps repeating "Suckermer" as if this is pre-school .
    rek'd hard.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    Democrats aren't putting up with a single concession. they want DACA legalized plus funding for CHIP plus every program under the sun all to protect illegals, and 0 border funding. If the Republicans give them all of those, they might consider helping out. Doesn't seem unreasonable to me at all /sarcasm
    We don’t need border funding.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

What does that have anything to do with this CR? And the majority of Republicans want a wall on the southern border not sure who disagrees with that? The Democrats voted for a wall in 2013. This is about the ending of chain migration. The Democrat party must import their voters pure and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    The problem here is that the GOP could pass whatever they want without needing any Democrat votes but they're infighting over the situation.
    Not without reworking Senate rules. McConnell's love of procedure prevents that from being a serious option.

It's also just kind of weird that ~90% of Republicans were against the shutdown, ~90% of Democrats were in favor of it, but people have managed to concoct reasons that it's the Republicans fault. I guess you can do some mental gymnastics to get there, but it's not obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    What does that have anything to do with this CR? And the majority of Republicans want a wall on the southern border not sure who disagrees with that? The Democrats voted for a wall in 2013. This is about the ending of chain migration. The Democrat party must import their voters pure and simple.
    Except Republican congressmen aren't willing to actually kill the DACA to get the wall, hence the infighting. It's political suicide and will ensure they lose their districts and states in the south and southwest. It's a policy that's supported by both parties and independents and was being used as a bargaining chip by Republicans to get the border security funding that Democrats agreed to but Trump torpedoed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    Okay so while CNN is a pretty dubious news source, it says in that article that there wasn't enough to 'fix our porous borders' which implies no wall. While the majority of the blame is going to fall (fairly, IMO) on Republicans, I can't help but be mad at Democrats too. I don't quite understand what their hardon is for DACA and helping people who will likely never be able to vote for them. I'd rather see them help people who can vote for them but they probably will already get all those votes so there's no incentive to help actual Americans.
    I know CNN hasn't been reliable lately but thank you for reading it.

As for the Dem's wanting DACA, it's call empathy. They have a little more than their counterparts.

As for why aren't they more worried about helping native born Americans, they are. They tried to push a bipartisan deal which give a little on the border issure as well as make changes to current immigration policies.

So Trump expressed something one thing he clearly wanted and didn't get that one thing he clearly wanted so he didn't sign it? That's what I'm getting.
    Yeap, pretty much. Which is why most of us are blaming him for this mess.

Democrats offered to trade the wall for DACA and Trump rejected that. Hard to see where they go from there. Could be a very long shutdown.

And the majority of Republicans want a wall on the southern border not sure who disagrees with that?.
    Citation for this claim:

Except Republican congressmen aren't willing to actually kill the DACA to get the wall, hence the infighting. It's political suicide and will ensure they lose their districts and states in the south and southwest. It's a policy that's supported by both parties and independents and was being used as a bargaining chip by Republicans to get the border security funding that Democrats agreed to but Trump torpedoed.
    Exactly, did people forget that under Obama cops deported more immigrants then ever?

The fact is the democrat party is shutting down the government. They are shutting down the government for 800k illegal aliens. The expiration of DACA has nothing to do with this CR. I don't blame them they need to continue to replace middle America with a permanent underclass. Having abandoned the white middle class for a coalition of minorities. The plan is California, if they can turn Texas and Florida using the same principles the republican party can never win the presidency.
    As an independant this is a real hard sell for me considering (R) controls the entire gov. True they don't have 60 in senate, but 2 bills were put forth with support from both sides. So to me the blame is going on Trump for not signing any of those deals, or being such a very stable genius that is like, very smart he should have brokered a deal. That the dems agreed to 2 deals already invalidates that they were just being shitbags willing to agree to nothing (they are still shitbags imo, but thats true about 97% of congress to me)

Now you can say stupid shit like "The fact is the democrat party is shutting down the government." plus the rest of your bias drivel when what you mean is "The fact is IN MY OPINION the democrat party is shutting down the government...". In the end its just dust in the wind. What matters is what the people who vote think, and maybe this is good for the republicans. I highly doubt it though given the circumstances and the fact Dems have been sweeping and winning areas they have not dreamed of for 25 years. Guess we will see, and until then lets just state our opinions as facts with keyboard chewing rage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by askevi View Post
    Democrats offered to trade the wall for DACA and Trump rejected that. Hard to see where they go from there. Could be a very long shutdown.
    Republican legislators could grow some balls and threaten Trump.

But "Republican legilsators" and "Growing some balls" feels oddly out of place in the same sentence.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Republicans voted to fund the government. Democrats voted to close it. Republicans and the majority of the country do not want DACA without pre-conditions or we will be in the same place we are in 10 years when the next wave of illegals brings their children. I don't think it is unreasonable for America to grant DACA amnesty in exchange for lower immigration, the end of the incentive to cross illegally which is chain migration and the end of the lottery. Those are mainstream positions, its what Trump wants and its what the Democrats don,t want because that is the end of importing Democrat voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Citation for this claim:
    They're fine with building the wall to please the base. However, they're not willing to kill the DACA to get said wall.

- - - Updated - - -

Republicans voted to fund the government. Democrats voted to close it. Republicans and the majority of the country do not want DACA without pre-conditions or we will be in the same place we are in 10 years when the next wave of illegals brings their children. I don't think it is unreasonable for America to grant DACA amnesty in exchange for lower immigration, the end of the incentive to cross illegally which is chain migration and the end of the lottery. Those are mainstream positions, its what Trump wants and its what the Democrats don,t want because that is the end of importing Democrat voters.
    It's like you're fucking illiterate. The GOP don't want to kill the DACA at all and were merely using it as a bargaining chip. If the DACA dies, Republicans basically lost all their seats in the south and southwest. That's why there's so much infighting going on within the party itself.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

15+ Year Old Account
    Citation for this claim:
    This is my surprised face at the revelation that """Libertarians""" Strongly want a border wall.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

They're fine with building the wall to please the base. However, they're not willing to kill the DACA to get said wall.
    They're not a monolith - some probably would be, some probably wouldn't.

I will say that not using DACA as leverage on the wall (assuming they actually want one) would be political incompetence of the highest order. One would assume Democrats place a much higher value on DACA than the $30 billion or whatever a stupid wall would cost.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    ...which implies no wall
    A big, beautiful wall, right down the middle of the Rio Grande.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

The Democrats had agreed for the down payment. The wall is pointless, ineffective, expensive, and a waste of tax payer dollars, but they agreed to the down payment for it. Republicans agreed and both parties were set to get what they want.

Trump also agreed to sign said bipartisan deal if it were brought to him.

Now, both parties have stated that it's impossible to negotiate because of that. Dems aren't going to budge when they could plaster their name to some compromise that doesn't even get accepted at the last minute and the GOP can't even get their own people on the same boat, much less bring Dems to the table, because their own president could throw everything out.
    I'm not sure how a wall is completely pointless if walls have worked around the world pretty well. Still, it seems we might be in for a long shutdown if people can't agree at all on basic things.

They're not a monolith - some probably would be, some probably wouldn't.

I will say that not using DACA as leverage on the wall (assuming they actually want one) would be political incompetence of the highest order. One would assume Democrats place a much higher value on DACA than the $30 billion or whatever a stupid wall would cost.
    Yeah the midwest Republicans are willing to kill the DACA to appease their base but are being opposed by the south/southwest Republicans who will inevitably lose their seats for supporting it dying.

I'm not sure how a wall is completely pointless if walls have worked around the world pretty well. Still, it seems we might be in for a long shutdown if people can't agree at all on basic things.
    Because the vast majority of illegal immigrants came to the country by plane or on valid work visas then overstay.