Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    200-300 calories is really not the end of the world. We're talking, like, a mars or snickers chocolate bar. Shit, go walk for an hour, you'll burn it right off. Hardly a reason to start legislating. You might as well start legislating parenting, because there's probably more obesity from poor parenting than there is from there being sugary snacks for sale.
    Good luck getting people to walk for an hour, that will be harder than you might think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    You was ripped apart in your own thread regarding this picture

Deleted
    https://iwsmt-content-ok2nbdvvyp8jbrhdp.stackpathdns.com/August-22-2012-00-35-39-average.jpg
    I bet you are stupid enough to believe it also. Either you or someone else, I cannot remember posted that picture before on this forum. It was a lie then, it is lie now.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Good luck getting people to walk for an hour, that will be harder than you might think.
    Artifact Power Go!, a new smartphone app that lets you find artifact power tokens out in the world. Sometimes also a legendary! but not the legendary you wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    that is complete bullshit, i live in Europe i can tell you people don't eat dinners that size, but you keep believing everything you see on the internet, you're going to have a hell of a time just eating up all that fake news.

why do you think England is not far behind the USA when it comes to the % of obese people? because we're all eating tiny tiny meals? obesity is up across the globe so why would you believe we're all eating a dinner the size a 2 year old would have?
    He's right though...... when you have something like tapas that comes in tons of small plates.

The most hilarious thing about that bullshit picture is that the source is HealingPowerHour. A holistic medicine website/youtube channel. You can't get more legit than that....

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    From the cultery you can tell that it represents children's portions, so the question is why do American restaurants serve so much food to kids under 10?
    Even child size portions are bigger than the 'In Europe' plate in most restaurants I have been in. You usually have to ask for less when it is for a particularly young child.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2018-01-20 at 07:12 PM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    From the cultery you can tell that it represents children's portions, so the question is why do American restaurants serve so much food to kids under 10?
    They use the tiny cutlery so they spend more than 3 minutes eating. It makes them feel like they ate more than they really did. Also maybe they have smaller fingers in Europe due to malnutrition
    Last edited by Orlong; 2018-01-20 at 07:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They use the tiny cutlery so they spend more than 3 minutes eating. It makes them feel like they ate more than they really did. Also maybe they have smaller fingers in Europe due to malnutrition
    How to tell someone has never been outside the US, ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    If you're going to a restaurant to eat fishfingers and fries you have SERIOUS issues
    Sometimes you want a quick greasy pub meal for cheap and dont want to go out for a $75 steak and fois gras meal

Deleted
    I Have NEVER VISITED EUROPE BUT TOTALLY KNOW PORTION SIZES

You keep pushing the stereotype tubs

General public just so stupid they need hand holding.

Deleted
    Sometimes you want a quick greasy pub meal for cheap and dont want to go out for a $75 steak and fois gras meal
    This is a pub meal

This is a kids meal

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    @adam86shadow That looks god damn delicious. I'd eat everything on that top plate, and that bottom plate looks like something I'd make at home from frozen stuff lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a pub meal

Pubs are different in the US. Here a pub meal is fish and chips, or burger and fries, or chicken wings. Youre not going to typically order a 4 course meal.

Deleted
    Pubs are different in the US. Here a pub meal is fish and chips, or burger and fries, or chicken wings. Youre not going to typically order a 4 course meal.
    That's not a four course meal, it's just meat, veg, gravy and Yorkshire pudding. I thought we were discussing Europe? Burgers with chips and veg are common in restaurants for adults but just fishfingers and fries? That's for the kid menu

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats like, a standard Sunday roast size meal. Looks like beef, yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, carrots, beans, cauliflower and i'm guessing that pot has horseradish in it.

You could order a starter before and a dessert for afterwards if you wanted.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Thats like, a standard Sunday roast size meal. Looks like beef, yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, carrots, beans, cauliflower and i'm guessing that pot has horseradish in it.

You could order a starter before and a dessert for afterwards if you wanted.
    He complains about portion sizes then calls a standard roast dinner (which is usually under £15) a four course meal

Just hand him a shovel already...

10+ Year Old Account
    He complains about portion sizes then calls a standard roast dinner (which is usually under £15) a four course meal
    a four course meal is a meal consisting of 4 courses

Couse 1. Meat
    Course 2 potato
    Course 3 veggie
    Course 4 dinner roll

Deleted
    a four course meal is a meal consisting of 4 courses

Couse 1. Meat
    Course 2 potato
    Course 3 veggie
    Course 4 dinner roll
    No it isn't - it's 4 different dishes

Jesus, you do manage to embarrass yourself quite often.