Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    decurse job was moved to healers, searing pain had no niche to exist, all others you mentioned were removed due to pvp balance.

I'm fine with pruning because they add more interactive abilities, instead of ones that you barely have any use. Decurse my ass. I mean, back then i was happy to decurse because it stopped me from spamming scorch x5, fireball x∞, scorch, fireball x∞

so as a fire mage what u spam now? same things lol.. but u also had alot of other abilities.. like cone of cold, frostbolt to slow people.. arcane explosion to break stealth, icelance to kill totems etc., u had mage armors, mana shield, mirror image, blizzard, evocation, or u had shit like arcane missiles to still deal damage if someone went in los/or when u were kicked in fire.. in wrath u also had dampen magic etc. multiple ranks of spells(r1 frostbolt etc.).. oh and u had decurse right

i can name so many things lol

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    warlocks didn't run out of mana for a different reason.

As a mage you had two options against warlock in pvp - run the fuck away, or somehow get rid of curse of tongues.

It does mean that decurse is redundant ability that existed for PvE reasons and doesn't need to exist in PvP with proper PvP design in mind.
    As a mage you only had to decurse yourself before bursting warlock. Your strategy was to poly lock, if you succeeded you tried to kill his pet and maintain cc, if he locked you in poly it was time to burst him. You had to keep your distance so he doesn't fear you. If the lock was good or lucky and you couldn't kill his pet, you had to slow him down with rank 1 frost bolt and keep your distance so he couldn't cast his spells but you had range for frostfire bolt or blizzard.
    You have no idea how to play a mage.
    Btw you used decurse to remove hex as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    so as a fire mage what u spam now? same things lol.. but u also had alot of other abilities.. like cone of cold, frostbolt to slow people.. arcane explosion to break stealth, icelance to kill totems etc., u had mage armors, mana shield, mirror image, blizzard, evocation, or u had shit like arcane missiles to still deal damage if someone went in los/or when u were kicked in fire.. in wrath u also had dampen magic etc. multiple ranks of spells(r1 frostbolt etc.).. oh and u had decurse right

i can name so many things lol
    Exactly, these spells made difference between a good and a bad mage.
    Last edited by Gardoc; 2018-01-22 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RathmaChosen View Post
    - Titanforging (Indestructable, Speed, Avoidance, Leech is fine, no socket though) - Ancients and Primal Ancients from Diablo 3? no thanks. It doesnt urge me to farm AGAIN for the same piece only for a chance of it proccing. It turns me off. You got your 945 Heroic set piece? Yay, but guess what your fellow mate got 985 with
    More like "You got your 945 Heroic set piece? Yay, you've beaten the raid, go unsub until the next one is out. There's nothing more to earn."
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

They pruned way, way too much.

"Pruning", or a better word, "optimizing", classes is absolutely necessary. However they instead gutted them all and now they're bland. I don't know what they were thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardoc View Post
    It still amuses me that people who suck at the game think that there were many useless/below average abillities. Just because you didn't use it doesn't mean nobody did. I've always used most of my abillities in PvP.
    From my experience, people that say other players suck at games, usually are extremely shitty players themselves. But hey, keep believing your bullshit and those abilities aren't ever coming back, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    They are stuck with their mindset in current wow design. They are not capable of thinking outside the box but I blame blizzard for it. They progressively designed wow into current form, where nothing outside of your rotation really matters. Creativity in playing you character is non-existent and mastering your class means "right timing of your cooldowns/rotation and reaction on proc".
    However, it is not just wow. Most modern MMORPGs suffer from this. Maybe this oldschool approach, when character wasn't just simplified tool how to deal damage(or tank/heal), is truly lost? I hope not but it certainly looks like it.
    I've probably been playing MMOs longer than you have and I'm very capable at these games. Modern MMOs are more like action rpgs, get over it already or stop playing the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    From my experience, people that say other players suck at games, usually are extremely shitty players themselves. But hey, keep believing your bullshit and those abilities aren't ever coming back, lol!

I've probably been playing MMOs longer than you have and I'm very capable at these games. Modern MMOs are more like action rpgs, get over it already or stop playing the genre.
    Oh look, physical representation of everything that is wrong with Legion and modern MMORPGs in general. You gtfo and stop ruining the genre. Go play your braindead action RPGs if you can't handle complexity.

You are right, current generation of MMOs are like arpgs (and I like arpgs). And I am already over it. I just hope one day, someone will popularize different approach and next generation of MMO wont focus so much on combat rotation.

Also it is maybe true you are playing MMOs longer than me, it doesn't mean you are not ignorant or you are able to think outside the box. Or you just prefer how mmo evolved into these mindless arpgs and that's honestly fine. Nothing wrong about it. But don't pretend you don't see what value was lost. Even if you personally didn't enjoyed WoW as it was before.

And jsut curious. What was your first MMO? While I briefly looked at Ultima online, I never really played it. My first was Dark Age of Camelot up until WoW release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, physical representation of everything that is wrong with Legion and modern MMORPGs in general. You gtfo and stop ruining the genre. Go play your braindead action RPGs if you can't handle complexity.
    *looks back at this 17 years of playing the genre* Nah I won't be doing that I'm afraid, you can fuck off instead though, guy.

*looks back at this 17 years of playing the genre* Nah I won't be doing that I'm afraid, you can fuck off instead though, guy.
    17 years and you still suck so much that you prefer the braindead version. I get it, you can't tell a difference between a good player and a bad player and you like that, because nobody calls you a noob anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are right, current generation of MMOs are like arpgs (and I like arpgs). And I am already over it. I just hope one day, someone will popularize different approach and next generation of MMO wont focus so much on combat rotation.

Also it is maybe true you are playing MMOs longer than me, it doesn't mean you are not ignorant or you are able to think outside the box. Or you just prefer how mmo evolved into these mindless arpgs and that's honestly fine. Nothing wrong about it. But don't pretend you don't see what value was lost. Even if you personally didn't enjoyed WoW as it was before.

And jsut curious. What was your first MMO? While I briefly looked at Ultima online, I never really played it. My first was Dark Age of Camelot up until WoW release.
    No, I wanted less abilities since Wrath tbh. Totems were always a shitty mechanic for enhance tbh.

I like the current version of MMOs over the old archaic stuff tbh, and nothing of value was lost IMO.

EverQuest was my first MMO followed by Dark Age of Camelot, then Final Fantasy XI, Star Wars Galaxies, and then WoW.

I think Final Fantasy XIV needs another pruning next. At least in PVP, my monk's abilities get condensed into 1 GCD combos.

- - - Updated - - -

17 years and you still suck so much that you prefer the braindead version. I get it, you can't tell a difference between a good player and a bad player and you like that, because nobody calls you a noob anymore.
    No, you still suck and I'd probably mop you up 1 vs 1 on shaman.

In the case of some classes I think they overdid it for early levels. SV Hunter for example literally has Raptor Strike and Harpoon when it starts at 10. Flanking at 12 and Mongoose at 20. Yeah they get Hatchet Toss but that's an example of an ability that shouldn't exist.

Removing the ability for healer classes and mages to dispell/decurse makes sense now there aren't rampant curse effects in raids. You needed it when you raided MC because you had to remove 20 odd decurses in a few seconds or you ended up making the encounter harder/wiping.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    In the case of some classes I think they overdid it for early levels. SV Hunter for example literally has Raptor Strike and Harpoon when it starts at 10. Flanking at 12 and Mongoose at 20. Yeah they get Hatchet Toss but that's an example of an ability that shouldn't exist.
    And at max level, the spec needs some major clean up. :/

Improvement on World of Warcraft: Warlords of Drano is advancing admirably, and we'll soon be prepared to enter the main periods of open testing. To help prep you for the fight to come, we should separate a portion of the forthcoming changes we're making to details, capacities, and group control for the extension.

Detail Squish

Character movement is one of the signs of any pretending amusement, and normally that implies we're continually adding more power for players to obtain. After various developments and substance refreshes, we've achieved a point where the numbers for well being, harm, and different details are so enormous they're never again simple for players to get a handle on. Likewise, a ton of energy granularity is tied up in levels of more established substance, from Molten Core to Dragon Soul—and keeping in mind that it was once fundamental for your character's energy to shoot up all of a sudden when you hit level 70, that is not the case any longer.

With a specific end goal to convey things down to a more reasonable level, we'll be lessening the size of details all through the diversion and smoothing out those out of date spikes, so control scales directly through questing content from levels 1 to 85. This applies to animals, spells, capacities, consumables, equip . . . everything. And keeping in mind that that implies your numbers for details and harm are being decreased by an enormous sum, the same goes for animals' well being and harm yield. For instance, a Fireball that beforehand hit an animal for 450,000 out of his 3,000,000 well being (15% of its well being) may now hit that same animal for 30,000 out of its 200,000 well being (still 15% of its well being).

And at max level, the spec needs some major clean up. :/
    To be honest in terms of how clunky it used to be it's in a way better place imo.

The Mongoose charge generation from Mastery feels a lot smoother and more frequent for starters among other stuff.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-01-22 at 04:47 PM.

I just feel like they pruned the wrong stuff. I don't want more rotational abilities, those I find boring. I actually did like utility abilities like Smoke Bomb and such.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes

Just wait you'll see the same shit they removed added as features in the coming expansions...
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arrez View Post
    far sight and eye of killrog are still in game
    Sorry been awhile since i logged in but good to know those two are. The majority of stuff is still gone though no denying that

Class designers since WOD have been terrible.

I am really curious. Do you really have full bars? Because I am keybinding things like fishing, archeology, crafting, potions..all sort of useless things because I have literally nothing to put there even if I include my pvp talents. To me, it is quite mindboggling how little is left.

And now I am leveling my hunter. New scaling and 7.3.5 is great for leveling but when I look on my bars...it is laughable. YEs, I am not at max level yet, but still, it is like.. WHERE IS EVERYTHING?

Last time I leveled hunter was in BC and WotLK, and I had all sort of useful abilities and macros for me and for pets on my bars even during leveling, and while I understand for some it could be too much, how we really ended with less buttons than in Vanilla? Was Vanilla really overwhelming or even BC? I think only point when abilities and macros get a bit ridiculous was in Cata.
    It varies from character to character, admitably. But some of them started out where I felt like I had plenty of bar space but they ended up filling up again. There's atleast 3 bars at the moment. With one of the side-bars enabled on some characters.

But prior to the pruning, some people easily had all 4 up and full.

Keep in mind, some of these would be portal spells on Mages, etc.

Not everything would be DPS related, naturally. Just things you want to have access to.

-------

Level scaling is fantastic from what I saw of it. I think it's gonna be an under-rated but extremely important addition to the game. I mean, now you can just go where you want or go where the quests lead you. Instead of just over-leveling a zone nearly instantly or not wanting to run dungeons to spite finding them fun, out of fear of how much faster you'll level up.

Ever since BLIZ announced they were considering this, I've been waiting. It's really great to see that it finally happened.
    Last edited by Spiral Mage; 2018-01-23 at 06:35 AM.