Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Pre-Order announcement Tuesday?

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are. With the Q&A for BfA coming up on Tuesday, plus the fact that beta assets are now being datamined, should we expect an announcement on when we can pre order? The other possibility is that they will announce when the first beta invite wave will go out. I could be wrong and we get nothing, but I would be shocked if we didn't at least get one of the two.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of people are hoping for pre-purchase and allied races with it. It lines up with the weekly reset and everything needed for the allied races (except the fact that you have to have BfA) is already in the game files.
    I think everybody's nuts.

The only thing I'm not sure about if they do announce a pre order date and allied race early access is would that access come as soon as we can preorder, or will they do like DH's and give us like 2 weeks of early access just before the expansion launches? I would hope it would be soon, then I'd have an excuse to check out the new leveling. I already have 15 110's, I just can't put myself through leveling another unless it's a new race lol.

If they were going to wait until the 8.0.1 pre-patch to give us access to the Allied races that don't require BFA content to unlock- so, Nightborne, Void Elves, Lightforged, and Highmountain- then there would have been no reason to have all of the data for them in the 7.3.5 patch. I think it's safe to conclude that they intend to give us access to those four allied races before the BFA prepatch- which could be at any time now.

There was a leak to a Youtuber a few weeks ago, from what he claims is a reliable source that has been correct about BFA plans before, that we will be getting pre-orders on the 30th, and that allied races will become available at the same time. As with any leak, this is of dubious validity, but it is what it is, and you can trust it or not as you wish. I am... cautiously optimistic.

The data for the Collector's Edition mounts in is 7.3.5, and the last of the data- their in-game icons- was just pushed to PTR, and to a small patch on Friday.

Personally, I think there's a very good chance that we see pre-orders, if not the 30th, extremely soon. I think there's a smaller, but still definitely non-zero, chance that we will also get Allied races at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    The only thing I'm not sure about if they do announce a pre order date and allied race early access is would that access come as soon as we can preorder, or will they do like DH's and give us like 2 weeks of early access just before the expansion launches? I would hope it would be soon, then I'd have an excuse to check out the new leveling. I already have 15 110's, I just can't put myself through leveling another unless it's a new race lol.
    The biggest difference between DH/Allied races early access is that for a DH, there's minimal play needed to prep for the next expansion. However, if a player wants to prep one of the allied races to play in BfA, he'd need a lot more time to get a good start in BfA. So Blizzard giving earlier access to these races make more sense. Not to mention that the particular races made available are races we met in Legion, making them very relevant to the current xpac. While WoD's final raid was Legion based, they weren't as relevant in HFC as Allied Races are to Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Okay so what I think'll happen is that we get beta announcement (it's already tagged at Beta, not Alpha) and we get pre-order info.
    With the allied races coming a week or two after that announcement.

A lot of the races only have 3 skin tones as far as we've seen, so unless they're combining some of the ones from previous races, I just don't see them launching like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the end of the Q&A it's just gonna be: "And by the way, don't forget to pre-order BfA and be ready for beta tomorrow."

Honestly I can see them bringing out the first 4 Allied races with the preorder (Although I can see them not doing it too). One thing that makes me think this is looking back and MoP. Bringing out Pandaren and Monks the day of release wasn't really the best of ideas for blizzard in modern wow due to people wanting to get to max level quickly. Which meant outside of RP realms Pandaren were barely touched by raid guilds and monks were (and I think still am) the lowest represented max level class.

If they were released during the DS drought with preorders then it would be highly likely more people would have leveled them as they wouldn't hinder raid progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Honestly I can see them bringing out the first 4 Allied races with the preorder.
    You make some good points there. Indeed, bringing allied races with pre-order would be quite an easy thing for them to do, quite a sensible thing, and I think quite a popular thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    The biggest difference between DH/Allied races early access is that for a DH, there's minimal play needed to prep for the next expansion. However, if a player wants to prep one of the allied races to play in BfA, he'd need a lot more time to get a good start in BfA. So Blizzard giving earlier access to these races make more sense.
    Not really, you can just racechange.

Anyone pre-ordering this expansion might have learning difficulties. It's obviously filler and I wouldn't get too excited about a couple of reskinned mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    I think it will mostly be available with the pre-order. The reason being the 4 races they are giving us are directly related to Legion. We can't have Zandalari Trolls and Dark Iron Dwarves because it wouldn't make sense for them to help at all with Legion content. So I think this was purposely done and with them rushing out the new scaling tech (7.3.5) so we could pre-order soon and play our new races through the leveling content. I will be VERY surprised if pre-orders are not announced on tuesday.

With how long it takes to level, it'd be REALLY awkward to only give us a few weeks into 8.0 to play-and-level the Allied Races. With DH, you just do the starter questline and boom you're ready for Legion content. Allied Races start at Level 20 though so they should give us months to play them, especially since the 4 we're going to unlock are LEGION RACES anyway.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Preorders and by coincidence the ability to create allied race characters will be revealed on Tuesday, immediately available, coinciding with FFXIV's 4.2 patch (a major one for them, and one just releasing as WoW's content drought begins).

Now this is a bit more on the nose than usual so it's not something I'm absolutely certain of, but I can still say I'd be genuinely surprised if Blizzard does not take advantage of this 'opportunity' given that their previous major releases have been utterly predictable in this sense. You heard it here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tokens will sky rocket
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    Tokens will sky rocket
    Glad I got mine on my bnet account already hehe......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    Tokens will sky rocket
    They're already way too expensive. 280k gold? No thank you.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Predicting some marketing along those lines if it happens soon :

"Pre-Order and unlock Allied races, and early beta access"

"also unlock the Seabraid stallion/Zandalari Raptor mounts, exclusive Hearthstone card back/Starcraft II Icons, for the Deluxe edition"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Predicting some marketing along those lines if it happens soon :

"Pre-Order and unlock Allied races, and early beta access"
    Could be worse, could be a year sub long during the biggest content drought so far, but atleast you got a (((free))) diablo with it.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Probably not; it's all rumors and fake news most of the time. We're looking at at least another two, to three months before Pre-Order hits.