Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm excited for it, not planning on preordering it anytime soon but I'm looking forward to the warfronts/islands and the story. I got a bit bored of demons and legion and I'm looking forward to just getting back to some good old faction warfare with a few other enemies that need their butts kicking along the way. The conflict and politics of Warcraft was what made me love it, it was never just black and white Horde vs Alliance, there were always allies and rivalries woven into the middle of it and I've missed that. This whole, unifying against a big bad thing has been done loads. It'll be nice to finally move the horde vs alliance story forward.

I was hyped when I could play the allied race, then im stuck with the leveling process from 20.... Cant boost it coz I wont be able to earn the Heritage Armor... Yup, stinking armors....

10+ Year Old Account
    It's too early still for me to say. I like the sound of a lot of the new systems/content, and have always liked the AvH themes, but I will say I was hesitant to pre-purchase. However in the end I've always gotten at least my $60 worth and can always unsub if the game goes in a direction I do not like. Hey, like WoD!

I'm excited, mostly to have something new and fun. However I'm not too excited about the story. I'm not a fan of them forcing back Alliance vs Horde after all the strides we've made to work together.

Quote Originally Posted by zsecmmo View Post
    I am just not feeling the hype for this expansion.. with all the new features, allied races, and even the WC3 III nostalgia art.. I don't even want to pre order this to the last day because leveling all over again with another race doesn't sound that appealing to me.. I will say I like the look of the Void Elf, seems like Demon Hunter 2.0 and right now my main is a Vengeance, anyways I have always been hyped for the other expansions, BC, Wrath, WOD (yes I said WOD), Legion.. but this... don't get me wrong I will play when it releases but I am in no serious hurry. Anyone feel this way?
    Leveling 100500 pointless alts with another skins? No, thx.
    Leveling 110-120 without flying? No, thx.
    Another Pathfinder time-gating/rep grind? No, thx.
    Pseudo-PVP with bots? No, thx.
    Grinding new AP? No, thx.
    BFA? No, thx.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2018-02-01 at 06:34 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    I'm not very hyped, personally. I think it will be really hard to follow Legion...the best xpac ever IMO.
    Really best exp`?It was good exp but i never felt so punished so much before for playing alts or switching specs.

Legion was the nail in the coffin for me. I'm over WoW. Independently of that, BfA just doesn't look very exciting.

I am not very hyped for it at all. I have spent the least amount of time playing legion than any other expansion. BFA does not appear to have any features that excite me at all. The direction the developers are going in doesn't excite me at all. Dulled down class design, gating down flying and the new races by achievements that require a million quests. The new sub races do not interest me at all. I am not interested in the theme of the new expansion.
    If i ever buy it, it will be when it is at a discount price. I used to be happy to give blizzard my money because their products used to make me happy. Now the thought of giving blizzard money makes my skin crawl.

Lets be real unless this game goes VR there is nothing blizz can do to make you go WOW it will just be the same old Raids, PVP and gimmicks like before so either you are onboard with that or you aint.

Deleted
    Well... i am excited and i have figured out what excites me: the locations.

Legion was a massive disappointment to me. Just leaving it behind is exciting to me. All the grey, black and green grew tireing by the end of WoD, much less legion.

Now, aside from the last patch, i loved WoD. 2 reasons why and they mirror the ones why i disliked Legion. I loved the location and i loved the class design. In Legion, i dislike the locations and dislike the class design. It started alright but Legion was always a terrible grind in ugly lands. All of the areas were tainted in Fel. There was no feel good location where you can relax and enjoy the game.

Battle can only improve in those fronts.

I am not someone who needs something hip to be excited (i didn't get into DH's at all. I only got into DK in WoD, same as with monk). It's childish imo. I care wether the core game is enjoyable. That's what matters to me the most.

I just wish the devs would smart up and remove AP grinds and titanforging. They really don't get that the advantages don't outweight the disavantages.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-02-01 at 07:10 AM.

Deleted
    I wasn't hyped for Legion because of Wa...let's not talk about that.
    Anyway, thanks to Legion I had much more fun in WoW than I ever had before, so I'm also hyped for BfA, because considering the features and tone, it sounds like legion+ with a nice scene switch. Love it!

10+ Year Old Account
    I am hyped enough to not get burnt, that is how I've learnt to control it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Avenx View Post
    I'm definitely more hyped for BFA than I was for WoD or Legion. It kind of has that left-field, "anything can happen" feeling that MoP had, and I ended up adoring MoP.
    I’m with you here 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Source on that?

Because I'm fairly sure that between not going to an "alternate universe", the faction war, Azerite and Old Gods, there'll be plenty of story advancement with there being nothing pointing towards them reversing the storytelling in-game back to what it was pre-Legion.

Feels as though people get "WoD-vibes" based on nothing at all really.
    A story being told so a far more interesting story can be told. That's what WoD basically was and what BfA seems like it will be.

15+ Year Old Account
    The expansion is done by the B team which also did Cata and WoD.

Next Xpac will be good again.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    You're fine to believe whatever you want, but let's look at some of the facts here:

- The "servers broke under pressure" ... because for the first time, they offered a preorder bonus that was essentially actual content that was immediately accessible for those who had already met the requirements as soon as they preordered. In the past it was, "eh...I'll get around to preordering it eventually. It's still months away." With BFA it was like Blizzard flung pure 100% neckbeard bait out into Blizzcon, "COME GET YOUR EMO ELVES!!!!!!!" So of course they crashed the server. WoW could have even 10% of the playerbase it has now and you still would have seen it crash because again, dedicated fans had huge incentive to preorder *immediately*

- Warcraft is far from revived. Let's talk first about the cultural impact Warcraft used to have. You don't see Warcraft memes bleeding into mainstream culture like Leeroy Jenkins. You don't see shows with episodes dedicated to the game, hell you don't even see shows that reference it. You know you're way out of the nerdosphere when even Big Bang Theory forgets about you for years. You don't see Mountain Dew "GAMERFUEL" with Horde and Alliance themes anymore. You don't even see those celebrity commercials anymore.

- Now let's talk about where Warcraft stands among the general gaming community. Like Hearthstone WoW has some very popular dedicated streamers that have been around since the inception of Twitch, yet despite that WoW barely breaks the top 10 except when a new content patch comes out or for a small window of time once in a while (usually AM for NA). It's been dropping and dropping and other games have risen. On general websites like GameFAQs it's generally pretty low on the PC boards popularity, except during times of controversy like right now. Usually it's sitting at #6 or #7 (right now it's #3 because people are nonstop shitposting about allied race unlock requirements). I think the only time I've seen its board rise above FFXIV in the last 2 years is Legion launch, and that lasted all of 2 weeks before FFXIV was back on top.

Now I'm not saying that WoW is completely dead, that no one plays it anymore. Obviously it has its dedicated base, Legion sold 3.3 million copies which is nothing to sneeze at. But as far as its general popularity goes...it's been fading away and I don't see it getting any better with BFA. Even the Warcraft movie completely bombed. It has really hit me lately because people ask what "World of Warcraft" is when looking at the statue I have on my desk a few months back. It blows me away that what was once referenced on South Park, Jeopardy and it seemed like everywhere...now no one even knows what it is outside of this insular fanbase that sadly refuses to work towards making the game great and popular again and instead has an internet defense force on par with Russia's election-tampering troll squad, and they'll defend Blizzard no matter what...so they just keep doing what they're doing and let the game stagnate.

So again, believe what you want. But I'll stick to my beliefs until I see Warcraft back on products out in the wild, with commercials using famous celebrities, with *consistent* popularity on other gaming websites that isn't just a surge of angry neckbeards pissed about Blizzard's latest antics.

So what your saying is, that you are a fair-weather fan? Gotcha.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Yes, I'm sure that out of millions of people that have been involved with WoW, you're the only person not feeling the hype.

I'd say however that the hype seems way bigger this time around in general than it did for Legion. Makes sense, since we came into Legion from WoD. Since Blizzcon, the BfA cinematic has received over 10 million views.

- - - Updated - - -

... So success of and hype for a game is determined by venturing away from the forums and areas where the people giving a shit in the first place hang out? I've never ever been able to gauge hype for a title by going somewhere wholly unrelated to said title...

Alas, Warcraft seems plenty "revived" already. The servers literally broke under the pressure, so did their shop functions.

If you're talking about yourself only and how you feel, then sucks I suppose. WoW2 ain't happening, and any story they'd be telling in a Warcraft 4, they're telling in the billion-dollar monster they've already got up and running.
    I'd like to see proof of your ass-farted claims about this "revival"....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Legion was the nail in the coffin for me. I'm over WoW. Independently of that, BfA just doesn't look very exciting.
    Same boat with you, mate. Legion managed to kill my 12 year old relationship (maybe addiction? possibly). But as i see, the "pothead" White knights still going strong in here....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bevil77 View Post
    So what your saying is, that you are a fair-weather fan? Gotcha.
    Thanks for admitting WoW is into "bad weather"...

Also, when a product goes shit, you don't gulp it down, because it's not "fair weather" with it
    /spit@Blizzard

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some others have touched on this, but it seems like a case of burnout. I'm in the same boat as far as that, but not as far as hype. If anything, I couldn't be happier to get away from fel and demons and aliens and back to the core of this game. I know eventually we'll be fighting naga and old gods, but that's a welcome change, and Battle zones look incredible as far as being distinctively different than the Legion zones. I'm personally a bit burnt from doing Argus, I'm honestly looking forward to the expansion slowing down so I can just concern myself with getting the Gul'dan mount and stacking away gold, and partaking in my weekly heroic clears. Besides thst, it's nice not having to do much else
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

You're fine to believe whatever you want, but let's look at some of the facts here:

*snip*
    All your theories and metrics aside, I count the health of the game based on the actual health and state of the game rather than "meme generation" and "references" in some TV shows.

I suppose we simply have different ways of gauging things. I wouldn't call WoW "revived" if Big Bang Theory (a show where nerds make fun of and crap over their friends for being nerds) referenced it. I do call it revived when excitement has been restored for new content among the playerbase, release cinematic gains over 10 million views in 2 months and 1 expansion turned around the critics and playerbase from writing off the game as dead and buried to once more recommending and enjoying it.

Legion redeemed it to the fans, AKA where it counts, BfA hype is higher than I've experienced i my decade of playing. I'd call that a resounding success and revival of the product considering we had WoD just a few years back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Snip
    Assume you are right for a moment, and, I don't think anyone should argue that WoW is as relevant as it once was, but; what is the value of your argument? You can defend your position without insulting people, or being condescending towards people who enjoy the game.

On topic...I'm in a WoW lull so it is hard to get too hyped, but I think it could be fun. I can't honestly say any of the new game play features or races excite me all that much, but I will still enjoy seeing all the new areas, doing new quests and dungeons etc. One of things I enjoy a lot about WoW is that because the game play is a lot of fun, it is easy to enjoy doing new things in the same old way. For me at least.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"