Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Dan Eliasson sounds like a real Muppet.. Glad for Sweden he is now gone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Eliasson

Danny Eliasson sparked controversy in Sweden and beyond by appearing to sympathize with a Somalian "teenage" asylum-seeker accused of having murdered social worker Alexandra Mezher in Mölndal, a suburban community near Gothenburg (Göteborg). Later, it emerged that the killer was not under 18 and possibly not even a teenager, but had lied about his age in order to receive favourable treatment when claiming asylum.

In June 2016 Eliasson led a campaign to hand out armband saying "don't grope" to curb groping and sexual assaults, like those at the 2014 and 2015 We Are Sthlm sexual assaults.[9] The armbands were criticised as being ineffectual and that they laid the responsibility for stopping the assaults on the victims instead of the perpetrators.

Dan Eliasson is also known for his history in the punk scene with his band Bad Boo Band.
    The band's biggest hit was a 1979 7-inch single called "Knulla Bangkok" (Fuck Bangkok)

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    If you have friends in high places, or "your daddy is rich", you can get away with a lot of things in private companies as well.
    QFT
    I've been through half a dozen companies, small and big, in my life so far, and kissing ass helps your career better than any other skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro Tagachi View Post
    Everytime someone asks this proceeds to ignore said citation because reasons.
    That's how citations work. You provide some citation, people go and look into it, contextualize it, or simply review the sources, and what comes out on the other end usually refutes the wildly out of context ideologically driven half truths you are pushing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    In that case define the non existing populist political [philosophy]?
    How am I supposed to define something that doesn't exist?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpty Doo View Post
    The band's biggest hit was a 1979 7-inch single called "Knulla Bangkok" (Fuck Bangkok)
    Knulla I Bangkok

Which means (roughly) fuck in bangkok

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpty Doo View Post
    Dan Eliasson sounds like a real Muppet.. Glad for Sweden he is now gone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Eliasson

Danny Eliasson sparked controversy in Sweden and beyond by appearing to sympathize with a Somalian "teenage" asylum-seeker accused of having murdered social worker Alexandra Mezher in Mölndal, a suburban community near Gothenburg (Göteborg). Later, it emerged that the killer was not under 18 and possibly not even a teenager, but had lied about his age in order to receive favourable treatment when claiming asylum.

In June 2016 Eliasson led a campaign to hand out armband saying "don't grope" to curb groping and sexual assaults, like those at the 2014 and 2015 We Are Sthlm sexual assaults.[9] The armbands were criticised as being ineffectual and that they laid the responsibility for stopping the assaults on the victims instead of the perpetrators.

Dan Eliasson is also known for his history in the punk scene with his band Bad Boo Band.
    So armbands do not prevent rapes. Shit, back to the drawing board.

Deleted
    Since when are we making threads about local news? How is this relevant?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    How am I supposed to define something that doesn't exist?
    You clearly felt certain that whatever it was it was a quality the Swedish Democrats do not have. If it was nothing you would probably not have jumped to their defense saying they are not that. It must have a meaning or intended meaning that you see and think that the Swedish Democrats do not fit.

Your words were after all
    I disagree with that statement.
    Because it's not a populist party.
    Rather than

"There is no such thing as a populist party" [edit: That should have been in quotation linking your post top of this page, first said when asked what it was they were not rather than when you defined your objection]

Now i will agree that the definition is almost vapor, everyone has their own. That does not necessarily mean the beast who cast the shadows that people describe does not exist but it does mean that when people say 'they are populist' or 'they are not populist' you have to ask what they mean
    Last edited by Xarkan; 2018-02-01 at 10:41 AM.

On populist discussion: Populist demagogue is a better word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Because Sweden has a special place here on MMOC.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    If you have friends in high places, or "your daddy is rich", you can get away with a lot of things in private companies as well.
    Yep. But not in a CEO-position. The owners will remove you pretty quickly if you make shit.

Is he the guy responsible for the "don't grope" armbands to try and combat sexual assault rises? Because that shit was better than the onion.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    And this is significant because...?

<Insert something other than right wing xenophobic wet dream here>
    Because he is a fucking retarded moron who shouldn't be allowed to manage a 7-11

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Because he is a fucking retarded moron who shouldn't be allowed to manage a 7-11
    Becaaaaaaaaaause?

Imagine for a moment I have absolutely no idea who this guy is, and don't read whatever the European version of Stormfront is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Becaaaaaaaaaause?

Imagine for a moment I have absolutely no idea who this guy is, and don't read whatever the European version of Stormfront is.
    Yeah is generally considered a fucking moron, by reputable newspapers, it's a not a fringe opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Yeah is generally considered a fucking moron, by reputable newspapers, it's a not a fringe opinion.
    Okay, can you provide any examples?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good riddance.

Now, if only he could get shifted to a job that didn't involve running another government institution instead, that'd be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    https://www.thelocal.se/20180131/swe...on-resigns-msb

At first I cheered because we'll probably get someone with a hint of competence as the police chief now. Then I realized he's going to be responsible for MSB and we'll be fucked if russia invades because of him reorganizing the shelters in the midst of the invasion.
    Don't worry about it. Even though you folks aren't in NATO, if Putin takes leave of his senses and does that, we will flash fry the Russian army. NATO ( by which I really mean the USA) guarantees the peace of civilized Europe. By which I mean everything west of Russia.

Okay, can you provide any examples?
    I spent 20min trying to find evidence of him actually being a moron. I found 2 instances where he did something that pissed some people off, along with some negative quotes from right wing politicians. I think all you have to do is browse the post history of the people in this thread to see whats going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    I spent 20min trying to find evidence of him actually being a moron. I found 2 instances where he did something that pissed some people off, along with some negative quotes from right wing politicians. I think all you have to do is browse the post history of the people in this thread to see whats going on.
    Centre-right politicians*. He fucked the police up, the police wanted him gone, he's had low approval ratings for a long time. He was just in the position because of the social democrats putting him there, not because of his qualifications. He's not even worked in the police branch before and they put him there over more qualified people. Political as fuck, of course the centre-right politicians are going to dislike him when he's only there as a big fuck you to the centre-right instead of having qualified people in the position.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Should I link all the local stuff people are posting?

Just some quickly grabbed threads about local stuff:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...r-to-behead-it
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...irl-in-custody
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Lesbos-in-2017
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...spends-student
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...n-major-cities

Pretty much every thread about any news or events are local.