Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    The article in the OP. All there in black in white my friend.
    He was convicted for delivering the massive amounts of cocaine and the amount was reduced to 100 grams due a plea. And he was discharged from the army on a drug charge. It seems some people never learn.

Peace
    Says it was a drug infraction not a drug charge. You noticed they don't mention what the "charge" was.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    He served in the military. He served his time for his drug charge, why is he being further punished?
    Because he didn’t take care of his business after being discharged.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l....co/xheimPemlO

“Miguel Perez Jr., 39, a Chicago resident who served two tours of duty in Afghanistan and recently finished a prison term on a drug conviction, had sought to remain in the U.S., arguing his life would be in danger if he were deported to Mexico, where drug cartels target veterans with combat experience to work on their behalf, or else.”

“Perez said he believes deportation means certain death and the only thing left to do is commence an “extreme fast” until he is granted relief.”

”"If it comes down to me being deported, I would rather leave this world in the country I gave my heart for,” Perez said in an interview from the detention center where he has been in custody for the last year.”

The man would rather die than be deported. This is Trumps small government at work and his so called support for the people of the US. It’s fucking sickening. So now they’re gonna deprive 2 children of their father who’s served the country and send him to his death.
    It's the drug conviction.

"On Nov. 26, 2008, while with that friend, Perez handed a laptop case containing cocaine to an undercover officer. Perez pleaded guilty to the drug charge and served half of a 15-year prison sentence."

Not just one drug charge my friend. This is not his first go-round. One would have thought he would have learned the first time after he was discharge from the army on a drug charge.

Peace
    I really do not care. He served he has lived here for some time he should be a citizen. He did the crime he did the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem94 View Post
    The way I see it, he turned his back on America the moment he committed a drug crime.
    That's not how it ever works.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Says it was a drug infraction not a drug charge. You noticed they don't mention what the "charge" was.
    Like I said in my very first post my friend. “I bet there is more to this story than the article is stating.”

Articles such as these give just enough information to “stir the pot”.

Peace

Multiple drug offences now? Got a source on that?
    Yeah the article.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem94 View Post
    The way I see it, he turned his back on America the moment he committed a drug crime.
    So what do Americans stop being Americans when they do drugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    So what do Americans stop being Americans when they do drugs?
    He was never an American citizen to begin with.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    He was never an American citizen to begin with.
    Not the point, he said he turned his back on America when he committed a drug crime so surely that must apply to home born americas as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    In prison for a drug conviction and now playing the boo-hoo card. Adios, Juan.
    Actually, no, he is not in prison right now. He served his time and was released from prison - then ICE took him in and has been holding him for over a year. So while the justice system says he has atoned sufficiently for his crime, the immigration system instead imprisoned him further and wants to throw him to the cartels. But I guess you belong to the people who do not believe in the justice system at all and think anyone who committed a crime needs to be further punished by society.

Not the point, he said he turned his back on America when he committed a drug crime so surely that must apply to home born americas as well.
    American citizens, especially American citizen vets are simply judged by different standards by other American citizens. All men are created equal and all, but some more equal than others, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I really do not care. He served he has lived here for some time he should be a citizen. He did the crime he did the time.
    And he would be if he had followed through with all the proper paperwork and not continued in his criminal ways. He chose the wrong path. He had plenty of options. He could have went to the LULAC. He have went to the VA. He could have went to the local VFW. Hell, I have personally helped people at my local VFW fill out the paperwork for this. It appears he didn’t do any of this.

Peace

10+ Year Old Account
    Usual boot lickers not worshiping the ground of a veteran? Oh he's a brown dude? Seems right.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Honestly, though, not all of Mexico is like Juárez. There are some really beautiful and peaceful places, you just need to go down south more - away from the US border.
    The coastal communities are very nice. I haven’t been to any since the mid nineties though.

Peace

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The coastal communities are very nice. I haven’t been to any since the mid nineties though.

Peace
    My son went on a vacation to Cancun about 10 years ago and it was very clean and nice.

In this case, if the guy was not a US citizen and he was found guilty of back to back drug crimes dealing with drug dealing, he should be deported. If he was only in prison on a possession drug charge and he served his time and it was his only crime on record, then he should be allowed to stay and granted Citizenship based on his military service to the US. That is my stance on this case based on what I have learned so far.

7+ Year Old Account
    So after reading the article he apperntly has ptsd and a brain injury, I’m not sure how people could want some one who servied there country and came back disabled because of it to be booted out. Isn’t America all about there serving men?

10+ Year Old Account
    So after reading the article he apperntly has ptsd and a brain injury, I’m not sure how people could want some one who servied there country and came back disabled because of it to be booted out. Isn’t America all about there serving men?
    Only when its convenient for them.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    I thought you get citizenship automatically for serving.
    Usually takes 3-5 years to get citizenship from serving, which (as a vet) is pretty BS, granted they dont want people joining, getting citizenship and just failing multiple PT tests to get kicked with other than honorable.

Like I said in my very post my friend. The article isn’t telling the entire story like usual. They are simply tugging on the heartstrings of people that are sympathetic to criminals. And in this case it is working on some people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a FAKE NEWS trump supporter. I have my doubts on these kinds of stories. Mostly because without knowing 100% of the facts It can be murky as hell. Being popped on drug charges is a big thing in the military (or out). Or was a big thing. Been 20 years since my dad retired from the navy. So that might've changed.
    Not just any ole drug charges my friend. Felony drug charges...

Peace

''Helping the veterans'' mean throwing them parades. Tough guys love veterans so much that they keep creating them with new wars.

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Citizenship can actually be revoked for committing crimes, though I wouldn’t have thought a simple drug related crime would be enough.
    It can't, 4 offences can have a naturalized citizen have their citizenship revoked:

1) Lying on their citizenship application form.
    2) Being dishonorably discharged from military service if that service helped them get citizenship.
    3) Joining a group that wants to overthrow the government.
    4) Refusing to testify before congress about possible involvement with a group that wants to overthrow the government.

That being said, he never got citizenship, was discharged from the military for drugs, and was then convicted on felony drug charges in a separate incident.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..