Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Show us the games you have made. I find it funny you claim someone can't do X when you yourself haven't done it.
    Quality of referred art aside, that's a pretty poor argument. You can tell when a chef shovels shit on your plate without having to make good food yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Splatoon 2 is the only MP Game I play, maybe 2-3 hours a week. The community is nice, really like that.

It's a pity that big N wants to put that behind a paywall :/. Not interested in old NES Games or other perks from a subscription, same reason I don't have PS Plus either. At least I had a lot of fun in the meantime, and there are still some months left.

BTW, can't stand "retro" indies myself, just don'T get the appeal at all. I guess I just lack the nostalgia googles, since the 8/16 bit era was before my time.
    I experienced the 8/16bit era myself, and i have to admit that i'm getting pretty sick of all these retro indies myself.

Skickat från min F8331 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I noticed u avoided the rest of what I said and once again show us the game you made. There is good and bad games of all graphic styles, It doesn't matter if its 8bit or not.
    I don't believe in the fallacy that you must be a life long master of a craft before you can criticize anything.

Why don't YOU show us all the amazing games YOU have made???

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I don't believe in the fallacy that you must be a life long master of a craft before you can criticize anything.

Why don't YOU show us all the amazing games YOU have made???
    You didn't criticize anything.

You outright claimed its the easiest style to make and developers who use it don't know how to make art. Now show us your art work since clearly these people know less than you.

There is a difference in criticizing something and being a dick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Quality of referred art aside, that's a pretty poor argument. You can tell when a chef shovels shit on your plate without having to make good food yourself.
    But to claim a chef can't cook and cooking is easy is something you need to prove. Lahis made such a claim and needs to prove it.

Otherwise they are just being a dick.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgibb View Post
    I experienced the 8/16bit era myself, and i have to admit that i'm getting pretty sick of all these retro indies myself.

Skickat från min F8331 via Tapatalk
    Some SNES Games aged gracefully, my favourite example is A Link to the Past, it looks wonderful on my N3DS. Yoshi's Island is another gem, the colours are wonderful, played it just recently on my Wii U, on the gamepad, not the big screen. Super Mario World on the N3DS is good for a short gaming session on the fly.

But that's about it for me. Tried some other SNES Titles, couldn't bring myself to finish them. Tried the classic NES Titles, and regretted buying those instantly . The N64 had a lot more titles I still enjoy on the virtual Console (same with the PS1).

I just don't understand why so many Indies are into the retro pixel look. Nice Handdrawn sprites like in Hollow Knight, Shantae, Cuphead, Abzu, Limbo, Deponia, World of Goo, Machinarium, Ori and the Blind Forest <3, many more - just look so much better for 2d /2.5d games.

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    I just don't understand why so many Indies are into the retro pixel look.
    Like I said, it's cheap and easy to do. Small sprites with limited color and animation frames are leagues easier than anything else you could put in a game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Like I said, it's cheap and easy to do. Small sprites with limited color and animation frames are leagues easier than anything else you could put in a game.
    To be honest, i don't know anything about animation or design for games, but that makes a lot of sense. Maybe the small indie teams (3-5 guys) just don't have the funds to get good designers on board for handdrawn visuals like in Hollow Knight.

There are just too many of those retro pixel games, they are flooding the markets - be it steam, Playstation Store, or on the Nintendo eShop. The bulk of indies are just meh.

Hand Drawn anything is expensive as fuck and time consuming to make. The Cuphead devs would have never been able to pull off what they did without MSs financial assistance, and even past that they still talked about having to take out loans and mortgages to finish the development.

You can't realistically expect anything like Cuphead from the average run of the mill indy dev.

There is a reason devs like ASW and SNK have started to move away from hand drawn sprites into 3D models and those are AA devs even.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-02-02 at 07:50 PM.

There is a very rough gem that is going to be on the Switch soon (it's already on PC), for very hardcore Nintendo fans.

Tiny Metal, which is more than a clone of Advance Wars. It's a reboot, and one that is unfortunately inferior to the original product (no C.O, no super powers, no multiplayer. no ranked solo skirmishes, no unlocks...it's a pretty bare bone game. But it's the first Advance Wars in 10 years)

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    There is a very rough gem that is going to be on the Switch soon (it's already on PC), for very hardcore Nintendo fans.

Tiny Metal, which is more than a clone of Advance Wars. It's a reboot, and one that is unfortunately inferior to the original product (no C.O, no super powers, no multiplayer. no ranked solo skirmishes, no unlocks...it's a pretty bare bone game. But it's the first Advance Wars in 10 years)
    Uhh ain't this the game that the creator scammed kickstarter backers from a different game to fund with no word/updates on the game they did fund?

Yea, hard pass on this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Uhh ain't this the game that the creator scammed kickstarter backers from a different game to fund with no word/updates on the game they did fund?

Yea, hard pass on this shit.
    Yes, it's this game. There is some very gnarly issues about this game funding, who ATM is criminally empty. But it's Advance Wars.

Yes, it's this game. There is some very gnarly issues about this game funding, who ATM is criminally empty. But it's Advance Wars.
    It's probably a shit version of Advance Wars from a scumbag developer.

Don't reward scumbag developers with game purchases.

If people hate EA this guy makes them look squeeky clean, literally tried to fund this game and failed. So made some too good to be true JRPG in kickstarter in Project Phoenix, got $1 mil and then turned around and used that money to make this game that initially failed it's kickstarter.

The fact platform holders are even letting this scum publish games on their platforms is sad. It's developers like him that make crowdfunding a fucking joke and give it a bad name for the few actual good developers using it properly.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-02-03 at 04:28 AM.

It's probably a shit version of Advance Wars from a scumbag developer.

Don't reward scumbag developers with game purchases.

If people hate EA this guy makes them look squeeky clean, literally tried to fund this game and failed. So made some too good to be true JRPG in kickstarter in Project Phoenix, got $1 mil and then turned around and used that money to make this game that initially failed it's kickstarter.

The fact platform holders are even letting this scum publish games on their platforms is sad. It's developers like him that make crowdfunding a fucking joke and give it a bad name for the few actual good developers using it properly.
    As I said quite honestly, it's a very barebone version of Advance Wars....Post 15852. I loved Advance Wars, and it's better than nothing.

As I said quite honestly, it's a very barebone version of Advance Wars....Post 15852. I loved Advance Wars, and it's better than nothing.
    Or if you cared that much you could just play advanced wars?

If it's a shit version of an old game why not just play the old game? Sounds like crazy talk to me.

Or if you cared that much you could just play advanced wars?

If it's a shit version of an old game why not just play the old game? Sounds like crazy talk to me.
    Welll, first I do play it from time to time, second I don't see myself praising this game....I said it was a barebone inferior clone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just stick to emulating advance wars on my phone.

Welll, first I do play it from time to time, second I don't see myself praising this game....I said it was a barebone inferior clone.
    You said it was a "rough gem" for "hardcore Nintendo fans". When in reality it's a scam targeted at people not willing to do any research.

You said it was a "rough gem" for "hardcore Nintendo fans". When in reality it's a scam targeted at people not willing to do any research.
    Rough gem is not exactly praising. I'm not sure how it's a scam-it's pretty much spells it out it's Advance Wars and it's appeal to advance wars fans. I do admit that there was some shady dealings with the KS and that the game lacks lots of stuff.

Mmmm kickstarter scams. My recent favorite is the roller coaster tycoon one with atari
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Rough gem is not exactly praising. I'm not sure how it's a scam-it's pretty much spells it out it's Advance Wars and it's appeal to advance wars fans. I do admit that there was some shady dealings with the KS and that the game lacks lots of stuff.
    A "rough gem" would be something like the original Nier with jank as fuck gameplay and many things wrong with the game but also many redeeming things about it leading to a cult fan base.

You can't use the word "gem" to describe something that is literally a scam.