Page 67 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    lol @ the mass astroturphing ITT. For the many people here who probably won't read it:

- The Steele dossier formed an essential part of the initial and all three renewal FISA applications against Carter Page.

- Andrew McCabe confirmed that no FISA warrant would have been sought from the FISA Court without the Steele dossier information.

- The political origins of the Steele dossier were known to senior DOJ and FBI officials, but excluded from the FISA applications.

- DOJ official Bruce Ohr met with Steele beginning in the summer of 2016 and relayed to DOJ information about Steele's bias. Steele told Ohr that he, Steele, was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected president and was passionate about him not becoming president.

- Steele released the phony dossier to media outlets, and then media reporting was used as evidence of credibility to justify warrant (including a Yahoo article of all things).

- Said illegitimate FISA warrant was then used to spy on Trump and Trump campaign officials, and even after he won was used to for spying/unmasking purposes in order to continue to undermine an incoming Presidential Administration.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's like weeks of foreplay leading up to blue balls. I feel so...unsatisfied.
    "THIS BOMBSHELL WILL IMPLICATE ALL DEMOCRATS OF EVERY CRIME EVER IN THE BOOKS, INCLUDING ONES THAT NO LONGER EXIST, LIKE DRINKING ALCOHOL!"

*Opens up massive atomic bomb sized "bombshell" and inside is a small firecracker with a note beside it that says "TAKE THAT LIBCUCKS!" The firecracker is lit and... the fuse goes out.*

Yeah, you're not the only one feeling blue balled by this bombshell that turned out to be more shell than bomb.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    lol @ the mass astroturphing ITT. For the many people here who probably won't read it:

- The Steele dossier formed an essential part of the initial and all three renewal FISA applications against Carter Page.

- Andrew McCabe confirmed that no FISA warrant would have been sought from the FISA Court without the Steele dossier information.

- The political origins of the Steele dossier were known to senior DOJ and FBI officials, but excluded from the FISA applications.

- DOJ official Bruce Ohr met with Steele beginning in the summer of 2016 and relayed to DOJ information about Steele's bias. Steele told Ohr that he, Steele, was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected president and was passionate about him not becoming president.

- Steele released the phony dossier to media outlets, and then media reporting was used as evidence of credibility to justify warrant (Yahoo specifically lol).

- Said illegitimate FISA warrant was then used to spy on Trump and Trump campaign officials, and even after he won was used to for spying/unmasking purposes in order to continue to undermine an incoming Presidential Administration.
    You're doing such important work here.

15+ Year Old Account

- Steele released the phony dossier to media outlets, and then media reporting was used as evidence of credibility to justify warrant (Yahoo specifically lol).

That's what this memo says yes.

And the memo is Nunes's opinion. It was all proven to be bullshit as soon as it came out. Mueller and half of the FBI would be being hauled off to jail or in jail as we speak if this was unethical or illegal.

Since that's not happening.... well that either means the memo is false, or it's a massive liberal illuminati george soros globalist antifa communist conspiracy.

Well obviously Trump and Republicans are NEVER wrong, so it's obviously George Soros, his puppet Hillary and the left wing Antifa terrorist government.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Ummm guys, wtf are you doing on MMO Champ right now, The_Donald is a comedy fucking gold mine right now. Like. . . they are pulling diamonds out of gold mines comedy. Next level shit guys. You're all missing out.

- Steele released the phony dossier to media outlets, and then media reporting was used as evidence of credibility to justify warrant (including a Yahoo article of all things).

If any of that were actually true then why is the Trump admin just releasing a whiny memo about it instead of actually doing something?

Oh, right, because it's just bullshit propaganda release by the Trump admin in an attempt to derail the investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Ummm guys, wtf are you doing on MMO Champ right now, The_Donald is a comedy fucking gold mine right now. Like. . . they are pulling diamonds out of gold mines comedy. Next level shit guys. You're all missing out.
    I fear to go to such a place for the sake of my sanity. I imagine such a place to be the equivalent of a half a dozen or more Mos Eisleys all crammed into one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    If any of that were actually true then why is the Trump admin just releasing a whiny memo about it instead of actually doing something?

Oh, right, because it's just bullshit propaganda release by the Trump admin in an attempt to derail the investigation.
    Because unlike an investigation as a result of the FISA they question, a memo does not need any merit.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I almost want to check it out, but I've regretted literally every time I've visited that board -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    So seems the memo is about as big a dud as sane people figured it would be weeks ago.

I almost want to check it out, but I've regretted literally every time I've visited that board -_-
    Same. Usually the twitter suspects like cernovich, posobiec and Paul Joseph Watson are more entertaining because they a/b test the really crazy stuff. The fact that T_D is pushing the "Fruit of the Poisonous Tree" line so hard and have prepared talking points with legal citations to discredit the Mueller investigation is pretty funny though. I'm sure all the "Poison tree" stuff that was brought up earlier was just a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Same. Usually the twitter suspects like cernovich, posobiec and Paul Joseph Watson are more entertaining because they a/b test the really crazy stuff. The fact that T_D is pushing the "Fruit of the Poisonous Tree" line so hard and have prepared talking points with legal citations to discredit the Mueller investigation is pretty funny though. I'm sure all the "Poison tree" stuff that was brought up earlier was just a coincidence.
    I was wondering where that was coming from earlier today. Man, they're really not very good at this, are they : /

I'm pretty sure there's a high risk of early onset dementia when you access that site.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Haha, oh man. How appropriate and unsurprising it is that @Tijuana was getting his marching orders from that place. It's always fun to watch people who have limited understanding of the facts and concepts they choose to play with, yet attempt to lecture others on them.

So. Perfect.

Parts of the dossier which had been corroborate already were submitted to the FISC, which is why they were able to get a warrant.

Go back under your bridge.

It's like weeks of foreplay leading up to blue balls. I feel so...unsatisfied.
    That did happen to me once with an ex gf... not recomended

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    I fear to go to such a place for the sake of my sanity. I imagine such a place to be the equivalent of a half a dozen or more Mos Eisleys all crammed into one.
    The_donald is the manifestation of the void on this universe. Xal'atath was right in that regard
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

http://nationalreview.com/article/45...rk-times-story

Well, if the newly released Nunes memo is correct, House Republicans and the Trump administration just confirmed the Times’scoop. In the process, they blew up their core argument against the investigation. The investigation isn’t the fruit of the poisonous dossier (though the dossier did play a role); it existed before the dossier.
    National Review dogpiling on how fucking stupid this memo is as well. It's not good when even conservative media are having a difficult time finding anything to support in this disaster.

10+ Year Old Account

Which is irrelevant, because it was not the only part of the evidence used to secure those warrants, and there's nothing wrong with the dossier itself to begin with.

Because they aren't relevant. They would only BE relevant if there was any evidence that Steele had manufactured or edited the information within the dossier to pursue a partisan goal, a claim for which there's never been any evidence. The dossier wasn't what he was providing to the Democrats. It was his own collation of the evidence he'd uncovered in his investigation.

This is like arguing that you can't use the evidence a private eye found in clearing someone's name of a murder charge, because they were hired by the accused. No courts work that way. They work off the evidence, not the baseless aspersions you want to cast on someone's character, based solely on the fact that they're not working for you, specifically.

It does not say that. It repeats what Steele said to Ohr, which does not demonstrate bias. The accusation of bias is completely unwarranted and without any basis whatsoever.

You're perpetrating the same lie as the memo, here.

No evidence said dossier was "phony".
    Also, you're making the same error as Nunes here, and effectively blaming the FBI for not having perfect oracular future-seeing skills. Sorry the FBI isn't literally magically omniscient.

No evidence said warrant was "illegitimate", and warrants aren't retroactively delegitimized in the way you're hoping in the first place. No evidence it was used to "spy" on anyone, outside what the warrant was issued to do. No evidence of any "undermining" other than presenting evidence of actual malfeasance.

You're really doubling down on the amount of bullshit you're going to back in, aren't you?

http://nationalreview.com/article/45...rk-times-story

National Review dogpiling on how fucking stupid this memo is as well. It's not good when even conservative media are having a difficult time finding anything to support in this disaster.
    David French has very @Skroe-esque leanings, but point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    What is the conspiracy in his obstruction of justice investigation?
    So far it looks like wishful thinking to me because all other possible paths already look like failure, and obstruction still shows some promise to those clinging to hope Trump will somehow suffer.

Most likely false hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    David French has very @Skroe-esque leanings, but point taken.
    Red State was similarly throwing cold-water on the memo due to a very obviously, publicly verifiable factual inaccuracy in it as well - https://www.redstate.com/patterico/2...lity-question/

It's bad when even media who have been towing the conservative line and promoting their conspiracies are turning on this memo.