Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Leveling is a worst part of the game. Get rid of it.
    Nothing but greed is stopping Blizzard from adding button for a choise for instant 110 lvl on character creation screens for everyone at this time.
    Last edited by TOM_RUS; 2018-02-05 at 04:12 PM.

Deleted
    I think we should have to level way longer, if you dont enjoy rpgs dont play mmorpgs.

I dont fucking understand blizz, an older game like RO understood people hate leveling wich is way we got gramps and ti, why the hell cant blizz understand that? <.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Its the best part of the game. People like you are to lousy to ever reach a max level without blizzard making it extremely fast and easy. You dont deserve your 110 is what im saying

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I believe the definition is "lol loser than thinks anything other than mythic raiding is part of the game" in this context
    For real though, can we stop the mythic raider meme?

I've raided heroic (mythic) since WoTLK and most people I raid with couldn't care less about lesser difficulties existing, even normal or LFR so long as the pyramid of difficulty and reward remains a thing. I don't think i've actually met another mythic raider that begrudges other players for doing what they like, be it leveling, gold making, PvE, PvP or RP (except gankers. We all hate gankers).

10+ Year Old Account
    I must be a "hardcore casual" because I'm really enjoying leveling up the new races. I have all classes 100+ but seemed like a good time to experience some of the other faction lore and work toward lore master. Leveling now is still faster then in TBC which took me 6 months or something crazy to go 1-70.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    I dont fucking understand blizz, an older game like RO understood people hate leveling wich is way we got gramps and ti, why the hell cant blizz understand that? <.<
    and look at RO now, hardly anyone playing. a shadow of a shadow of itself... yea. NEWSFLASH PEOPLE LOVE LEVELING, YOU DONT. Its the reason why leveling is in almost any game in some form nowdays.

My druid is level 48 and has 23H 47M /played. I do not mess around, I quest as fast as I can. I have head, shoulder, chest, cloak and legs heirlooms for xp.

I would say getting to 110 is going to take me a much longer time than 48H. I also let the rested xp work it's way up before going for it. A new heirloom trinket with 500% xp boost up until current content would be sweet.
    be aware, be awake, and you won't be fake

Quote Originally Posted by IronCorvus View Post
    Its the best part of the game. People like you are to lousy to ever reach a max level without blizzard making it extremely fast and easy. You dont deserve your 110 is what im saying
    Go fuck yourself in the corner you fucking moron.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I kinda see where he's coming from, but at the same time, what?
    Leveling takes longer, yes, and while I'm not a huge fan of it, it's also okay.
    Should I choose, I can level, take my time, play some zones I've skipped over the years, maybe revisit some good ones.
    It's not all about breakneck speeds and getting 50 toons to 970+ilvl.
    Want the fast pass? Buy a 110 boost.
    If 42 hours (or 28, depending on your pace/route) is too much to ask, shell out $60.
    That's about $1.50-$2.00 per hour to save you that time.
    My time is worth more than $2.00/hr to me, so if I feel compelled to have a toon right now, I'll buy a boost.
    Otherwise, it's filthy casual leveling for me.

Also, hardcore casual, huh.
    I guess this means "person who doesn't spend 500 wipes on a mythic boss".
    So, count me in with that lot, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's actually still faster than I expected, considering all the whining.

Deleted
    Go fuck yourself in the corner you fucking moron.
    Truth aint easy to swallow huh? Leveling best ever, i can level all day, do quests, kill monsters! have adventures! Its fantastic, and the longer the more rewarding the acomplishment of reachin the top level. Jelly?
    Last edited by mmoc539e82d918; 2018-02-05 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Don't resort to absolutes.
    Please elaborate with examples of where I used any form of an absolute.

NOTHING in this game is even remotely hard. What my argument boils down to
    Nothing in the game is even remotely hard ANYMORE. Which is what my argument boils down to, and it's people like you who've ruined it by complaining about how your time is so valuable that you don't have enough of it to dedicate to the mechanics of an MMO, yet want to play said MMO.

Raiding is the real meat of this game, not leveling. If leveling was always as tedious as it is right now, nobody would have complained. No one likes it when things that were previously quick and easy suddenly become tedious.
    Raiding is the meat of the game NOW. Leveling used to be the meat, and raiding was just the end-game for people who wanted more. Again, it's people like you who ruined that experience and turned leveling in every recent expansion from a months-long, story-driven process into a race to see who can ding at max level within 12 hours first.

Also leveling, for a long, long, long, long time was even more tedious than it is right now. By far. Remember that heirlooms were only introduced in Wrath, were extremely limited and even then it took a lot to get a full set for even one alt let alone enough outfit all alts. It wasn't until later expansions that they became easier to acquire, and it wasn't until Cataclysm that leveling in general became the breeze that it is today.

So, judging from your responses, I really don't think you've been playing WoW that long. Which means you really should stop shoving your feet into your mouth when you clearly don't completely understand what you're talking about.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Nothing but greed is stopping Blizzard from adding button for a choise for instant 110 lvl on character creation screens for everyone at this time.
    You had to level, without heirlooms, before boosts were a thing. Leveling is an important barrier that, now more than ever, makes you learn your class and sink some time in to the game. Max level BGs and raids are end game content. End game, you have to get there to do them. Effort = reward is a critical element of game play, especially an MMO.

If someone genuinely hates leveling so much, then this might not be the game for them. The game doesn't have to change to accommodate people that don't like it. People should only play the game if they like the game.

I don't play shooters because im garbage at them. I don't think they should change those games to suit me.

Raiding is the real meat of this game, not leveling.
    I'll remember this next time I see a post complaining that they're wiping in LFR because only one or two players are able to do more than 400k dps on a boss. Literally everyone who plays this game will spend time leveling. You can't say the same thing about raiding.

You can also spend 42 hours working towards doing something better with your time instead of playing video games or watching TV.

Personally I think 42 hours is still too fast. I will casually level in retail and wait for Classic where it will take 60+ hours to get to 60.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    A "hardcore casual" (whatever that means) would have had leveled all classes to max years ago.
    If you're still leveling alts to be raid-ready, you have no business putting the word "hardcore" anywhere near you.
    I once met a guy who had a goal for expansion to level ALL RACE-CLASS combos to max level. That would be like...60 characters?

He appearently started doing that 2 expansion earlier.

So... yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I'll remember this next time I see a post complaining that they're wiping in LFR because only one or two players are able to do more than 400k dps on a boss. Literally everyone who plays this game will spend time leveling. You can't say the same thing about raiding.
    Hes saying he doesnt mind grinding the gear threadmill but climbing level ladder!? PREPOSTEROUS!! ahhh funny people XD

If the forums are to be believed, leveling from 1-110 takes up to 42 hours of /played in 7.3.5. My anecdotal evidence suggest that it takes 28 hours, but that's using optimal leveling paths and popping XP potions all the way from 1-85.

In 42 hours you can also do one or more of the following:
    • Participate in 14 standard raid nights (enough to clear heroic and be anywhere from halfway to 2/3 into clearing mythic)
    • Bring a freshly dinged level 110 character from 800 ilvl to 930 and beyond
    • Achieve 2k+ rating in PvP
    • Complete all meta raid achievements
    • Push a M+ key enough to appear on the leaderboards
    • Watch 20 movies or finish 2 AAA games

As of 7.3.5, leveling is by far the MOST obnoxious grind in this game. You get to slog through 6 expansions' worth of outdated content at a snail's pace just to reach endgame. Getting your new alt raid-ready is a joke in comparison. People seem to misunderstand why leveling was so fast prior to 7.3.5. When you have an endgame-centered MMO, you can't force people to play through ALL of the outdated content. That's just too big of an investment to unlock the endgame.

Making zones scale was a step in the right direction, nuking heirlooms and other XP-enhancing items was 10 steps back. I'm not someone who gets discouraged easily; I wiped 500+ times on mythic Kil'Jaeden before killing him. Slogging through outdated content broke me. Listening to hardcore casuals who have the time to level 24/7 but can't play endgame for x reason is BAD. Making leveling 1-110 take 2x or even 3x longer was a dumb decision.
    Leveling has never been better than it is now. There is a level boost for the lazy guys. You get one for free with purchase of the expansion.

We're done here boys, can we close this?

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    It's actually a pretty good way to describe these people. People who are ardent defenders of the early game and apparently pour hours upon hours into it instead of the end game. Essentily people who advocated for classic. Well I hate to say it, but people asked for this for like 6 years. You all say they never listen to the community. I think this patch is a clear example of the problems within that topic.
    Listening to the community is stupid, because most of the community has no idea what it actually wants. More tedious leveling is a clear case in point.

Blizzard needs to stop listening the the community, and start paying attention to what the community does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Leveling has never been better than it is now. There is a level boost for the lazy guys. You get one for free with purchase of the expansion.

We're done here boys, can we close this?
    Alright, give me $75 Canadian if your money is worth so much less than your time.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation