Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    There were two concrete characters outside the space station. The man, who was the husband of the main character, and the girl.

The man made sense. The girl, however, did not.

My point is that there has to be some kind of deeper meaning of that girl - probably relating to the previous movies - that I didn't realize.

Because if there isn't, her existence was the biggest bullshit I've seen scripted in quite some time.
    Her existence was to give the guy a reason to go into danger and to phone somebody about other things than "is she back!?", thus experiencing a little of what was happening on Earth chaos-wise.

A second possible existence reason may pertain to a sequel at some point? Fuck, I don't know... It's JJ Abrams. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    It was set in the same story, and the disaster was happening (or some disaster was happening) it just didn't pick up from the first.
    That's the problem I have with this... is this even set on our Earth? This almost seems like a near future-earth of some kind...

The Original Cloverfield is clearly set on present-day Earth.

I really wish they didn't make more out of this franchise other than what the Original Cloverfield was meant to be - and that was a "Hey, here's a Kaiju movie told from an unknowing civilian's perspective!". >_<

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Her existence was to give the guy a reason to go into danger and to phone somebody about other things than "is she back!?", thus experiencing a little of what was happening on Earth chaos-wise.

A second possible existence reason may pertain to a sequel at some point? Fuck, I don't know... It's JJ Abrams. :P
    Well the bunker they were in was the same bunker that was in 10 Cloverfield Lane, right?

I kind of skimmed through that movie a couple of years ago and didn't pay attention to it that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

It was a decent sci-fi movie that's for sure. Kinda lost it's pacing halway thru though which is a shame.

7+ Year Old Account
    My mind went right to thinking the girl (Molly) was from the other dimension. The scene when she is found is curious: Its kind of quiet, there's an electrical explosion, the ominous sounds and shadow of an enormous creature and then..... after a few moments of silence, or relative silence, we here the girl screaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    ,...........and? That doesn't even remotely justify the character to exist in the movie.
    She is there for world building and also to establish the connection with Cloverfield Lane where humanity went into bunkers.

I think I missed where the space station crew exists on the same Earth as Cloverfield. I thought the Earth that was at war was Cloverfield 1 because they specifically mentioned the satellite that went down. In this movie there was no mention of the satelite, the monster woke on its own/some other means, it was already roaming (multiple ones according to the dialogue at the end) before anything fell from the sky. That makes me speculate that the space station crew were either on Goodmans Earth before the invasion (Goodman speaks of secret government projects) or its a third separate timeline/dimension.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2018-02-06 at 01:39 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

my roommate and I are both huge fans of this franchise, so we watched it immediately after we finished the super bowl yesterday. it was awful.

The Original Cloverfield is clearly set on present-day Earth.
    What makes you think the second wasn't? There was a death in the first from a sting/poison from one of the small creatures coming off clover, who not some zombie-esque disease from coming in contant with them/clover as well?

*edit*
    I have not watched it yet so this might be explained.

What makes you think the second wasn't? There was a death in the first from a sting/poison from one of the small creatures coming off clover, who not some zombie-esque disease from coming in contant with them/clover as well?

*edit*
    It's definitely not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Nope, i mean the 1st Cloverfield movie, which happens on May 22nd and concludes with footage of a date which happened on April 27.
    During that date in the background something can be seen falling into the sea in the background; and that something is very likely the main character's escape pod.
    So basically: Cloverfield 3 ends almost a month before the main events from Cloverfield 1.
    There is no way that's true. There's already explosions and a monster stomping around the city midway through Paradox and at the end the husband was wanitng her to stay up there because of "these things" implying more than one. There is no way that could be happening a month before the first movie.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Most of your questions are answered by two things in the separate dimensions trying to occupy the same space at the same time ie getting stuck in a wall with wires coming out your body, objects appearing in ones body, open doors that weren't previously open, etc. You ever play a racing game where you could race ghost? Sometimes those ghost would appear right on top of you but could drive through them because they were in another dimension. Now imagine if for someone reason one of those ghost suddenly become solid while your on top of it, the result would be both cars suddenly melded into one another. Hence a paradox where two objects occupy the same point in space-time.
    I thought that too, but then they said that they had moved in space as well as dimensions, being on the other side of the sun while that universes' station crashed into Earth "two days ago" according to a news report. Admittedly we don't know how long they had been in that dimension by then (and how long for the radiowaves to reach that far away?) it doesn't quite make sense.

I still enjoyed the movie though.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    My mind went right to thinking the girl (Molly) was from the other dimension. The scene when she is found is curious: Its kind of quiet, there's an electrical explosion, the ominous sounds and shadow of an enormous creature and then..... after a few moments of silence, or relative silence, we here the girl screaming.
    I thought this too. At that moment I thought both the Alternate Engineer and Girl were both named Molly. Would have been actually interesting

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaboostme View Post
    I thought this too. At that moment I thought both the Alternate Engineer and Girl were both named Molly. Would have been actually interesting
    I initially wondered the same thing.

*edit*
    Alot of reasons to suggest it's not present day earth. The entire beginning was talking about how there's some sort of constant series of power outages happening due to the entire planet running out of energy. Also, apparently, the world is nearly at the brink of a world war apparently over this situation. The world really didn't seem like a happy place where teenagers were partying and one is about to transfer to a job in Japan...

Alot of reasons to suggest it's not present day earth. The entire beginning was talking about how there's some sort of constant series of power outages happening due to the entire planet running out of energy. Also, apparently, the world is nearly at the brink of a world war apparently over this situation. The world really didn't seem like a happy place where teenagers were partying and one is about to transfer to a job in Japan...
    Hmm maybe I'm just mis-remembering then

Shitty astronauts movie

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Spolier alert!

Why was the metal attacking the engineer? I did not understand that?
    Because 'spooky' I guess, which is dumb. The ship had transitioned and stabilised by that point. They could have just had the metal get pulled through and impale him.

Deleted
    Utter shite. Chris O'Dowd did his best make it bareable. Infact the best character was Chris O'Dowd's severed arm.
    Last edited by mmoc6b1f2f8dff; 2018-02-06 at 06:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoyed this movie. I thought they could have had even more scenes with the parallel universe merging, those were by far the best. They were kinda on the nose with this one that it is a cloverfield movie. Compared to 10 Cloverfield lane. It was mainly at the end it hintet at it while this one was "yeah we're part of it"
    But as you all know franchises are the big thing these days. Because what this movie showed us, they are free to make whatever they want. They dont need to follow "one" earth. I even believe that each 3 of the cloverfield movies, takes place in different universes.

If the first was Cloverfield and the second was 10 Cloverfield, shouldn't this be 11 Cloverfield and the next 100 Cloverfield?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Spolier alert!

Why was the metal attacking the engineer? I did not understand that?
    Yeah, what was that about?

More SPOILERS:

Who was "talking" to the russian guy when he was looking at the mirror? Clearly, he had voices in his head, what was that about? Did the worms(why did they even have worms there, they weren't biologists) made his eye(s) move? Who gave him the code(s) for overriding the machine and making a gun?

And the entire thing with the sapient hand... Apart from moving and thinking on its own, how did the hand knew that the "GPS cube" was inside the russian?

Who let the german guy go, in order to find the crawling hand?

Quote Originally Posted by Skr View Post
    Yeah, what was that about?

More SPOILERS:

Who was "talking" to the russian guy when he was looking at the mirror? Clearly, he had voices in his head, what was that about? Did the worms(why did they even have worms there, they weren't biologists) made his eye(s) move? Who gave him the code(s) for overriding the machine and making a gun?

And the entire thing with the sapient hand... Apart from moving and thinking on its own, how did the hand knew that the "GPS cube" was inside the russian?

Who let the german guy go, in order to find the crawling hand?

To be honest I chalked all of that up to creepy sci-fi horror shit and didn't think to much about it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD