Poll: Are allied races Legion or BfA content

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Are This Allied Races "Legion" or "BfA" Content?

The 4 races we get from the pre-order. Are they considered "Legion" or "BfA" content.

For some reason there is a debate on this topic, which is pretty shocking to me.
    I would like to get this straighten out because i know when BfA launches there will be posts saying:
    "I just bought BfA, why do i have to play Legion content to have access to BfA races?"

And some people will reply with:
    "Allied races are Legion content, dummy"

So once and for all lets get this straight so this wont happen.

Plz dont get off-topic
    We only want to know if the 4 allied races are Legion or BfA content
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-07-13 at 08:30 PM.

Deleted
    So the debate shocks you, but you don't tell us what your take on it is? Why not?

The Allied races we got now, come from and are part of Legion through pre-purchase of the next expansion.

Zandalari and Dark Iron Allied races, are part of BfA along with future Allied races beyond launch.

Simple enough, can't believe anyone's confused.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    The Allied races we got now, come from and are part of Legion through pre-purchase of the next expansion.

Zandalari and Dark Iron Allied races, are part of BfA along with future Allied races beyond launch.

Simple enough, can't believe anyone's confused.
    But how can they be Legion content if i own a copy of Legion and i can't play them?
    It's pretty obvious to me that they are BfA content.

You need to buy BfA
    It's called "Early Access" to BfA content on the site

How can there be a debate on this?

They're in Legion as allied races, so I would assume that makes them Legion content.

As far as the argument that will ensue,

Who is to say they won't be not tied to rep once BfA releases? Maybe it is just a pre-requisite to play them in Legion. Second of all it really isn't a big deal either way. People that are complaining about having to play the game to get something are only in it for the aesthetic reasons and all the cool new abilities would be beyond their grasp because there is no "I Win" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I've sacrificed everything, what have you giv...

Punches the demon hunter in the face.

BfA, but how does it change anything?

It's funny seeing you getting so hung up over this. Aren't you the guy who's super excited for Classic? If so, none of this should really concern you.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

both
    /char/
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    It's funny seeing you getting so hung up over this. Aren't you the guy who's super excited for Classic? If so, none of this should really concern you.
    I'm equally excited for BfA and Classic.
    The problem is people who skip Legion or stop playing mid Legion will come into BfA fresh and...surprise, you need to do Legion content to have access to BfA races.

I'm pretty sure the rep requirements will go away. But in case they are not it would be go to straighten this out.

Here is my take on it:

Allied Races, as a feature, are BfA content. That is why you can't unlock them until you pre-purchase BfA. However, instead of making us wait for BfA for the first allied races, they decided to make some highly requested Legion race allied races. So Allied Races feature is BfA content, but the 4 we have currently are Legion content. I guess I'd call them a sort of hybrid and/or bridge content.

From a lore standpoint, the Allied Races are Battle for Azeroth content. The Ren'dorei's introduction takes place after Sargeras' defeat, and so do the other Allied Races' introduction questlines. Sure, several Allied Races have ties to Legion (such as the Nightborne), but that doesn't make them 'Legion' content from a lore standpoint; not unless you want to consider the Goblin 'Vanilla' content since they've been appearing long before their introduction as playable race in Cataclysm.

From a gameplay standpoint, it is obvious that the base Allied Races are Legion content, as you need to complete Legion content to unlock them. This will be different for the Zandalari and the Dark Iron Dwarves though.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    "Are This Allied Races "Legion" or "BfA" Content?"

Yes.
    The ability to unlock them is a BfA feature, but it was given to players as an early bonus, so some of them are available to be unlocked in Legion.

I can guarantee that the prerequisite stuff for them will disappear after BFA comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I can guarantee that the prerequisite stuff for them will disappear after BFA comes out.
    They specifically said that isn't the plan in the most recent Q&A. Like yes, they can change their mind, but it isn't the plan as of now.

[insert meme picture ''why not both?'']

Quote Originally Posted by PraisCthulhu View Post
    They specifically said that isn't the plan in the most recent Q&A. Like yes, they can change their mind, but it isn't the plan as of now.
    Well I have been playing since Vanilla and I can tell you their track record for nerfing things is astoundingly high so my bet is a good one.

It's content. It's world of Warcraft content.

While the debate will continue no matter what, cuz the Internet's the Internet, I'll go with Battle content.

You need to upgrade to Battle for them to be available, so Battle content.

Blizzard just happened to have a batch of Legion races that worked well as Allied Races and went "Let's make these available from pre-purchase with some Legion content as requirements!"

Still Battle content, which conveniently could be made available early.

Legion content with prepurchase. I mean, if they are playable in legion and unlocked via legion content, its in effect legion content.

It isn't like the DH which was unlocked before legion, but after legion prepatch hit.

I guess I'm confused as to why you bring up a debate, then argue why it shouldn't be a debate. Seems counter intuitive.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If your playing it now it’s legion if you haven’t got the pre purchase and you play it in bfa then it’s not legion content.