Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Leaving the customs union, which looks as though it is going to be happening, means that everything that goes through UK customs will increase in price. .....
    just an idea: UK leaving customs union would usually also set up customs control between the irelanders. how does that boat sail with the open border approach ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Why is it throughout history that when the notion of "getting rid of the immigrants will solve all the problems" is tossed around it never actually gets around to solving any problems?
    All they have to do is stop believing in their dangerous religions. Then they can come in!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Indeed, it will result in the loss of said freedoms and liberty from external authority.
    Time will tell. But Leave won and even if that is not liked, I don't even think about it any more. What I do think about is adjusting and making plans while others can't accept the Leave majority result. I think they will be the ones hit the hardest in the liberty department if there is anything left of them at all, while I'm enjoying something new & nice while free as a daisy from the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    just an idea: UK leaving customs union would usually also set up customs control between the irelanders. how does that boat sail with the open border approach ?
    It won't, the Ireland issue means that either Brexit by and large can not happen, or who ever goes through with it becomes the prime minister that reignites the troubles. Unionist groups will start trouble if the border is at the irish sea. Nationalists will cause trouble if the border is within Ireland. Ireland will veto anything that puts a border between them and rest of EU.

So the UK will either back down or will be the one that destroys Good Friday. Brexiteers will not accept A, anyone with an ounce of sanity will never accept B

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    All they have to do is stop believing in their dangerous religions. Then they can come in!
    Would that include language and skin colour?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixius View Post
    Time will tell. But Leave won and even if that is not liked, I don't even think about it any more. What I do think about is adjusting and making plans while others can't accept the Leave majority result. I think they will be the ones hit the hardest in the liberty department if there is anything left of them at all, while I'm enjoying something new & nice while free as a daisy from the EU.
    Well, good luck on your way.
    China will be glad to have you.

skin color doesn't matter, it is a result of evolution and environment just like every other skin color or physical difference. I am talking about horrifyingly flawed ideologies that promote violence by their very nature.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It won't, the Ireland issue means that either Brexit by and large can not happen, or who ever goes through with it becomes the prime minister that reignites the troubles. Unionist groups will start trouble if the border is at the irish sea. Nationalists will cause trouble if the border is within Ireland. Ireland will veto anything that puts a border between them and rest of EU.

So the UK will either back down or will be the one that destroys Good Friday. Brexiteers will not accept A, anyone with an ounce of sanity will never accept B
    tsktsk Erwin Schrödinger was a brit by any chance ? or Theresa M. has to have a degree in quantum physics to solve that mess.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Well, good luck on your way.
    China will be glad to have you.
    I will be too busy dodging Remainer shrapnel but thank you I will raise a toast to Brexit, with a wine glass probably made in China.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixius View Post
    I will be too busy dodging Remainer shrapnel but thank you I will raise a toast to Brexit, with a wine glass probably made in China.
    I'd be more worried about shrapnel from the glass if I were you.

- - - Updated - - -

We can all see where you are going from your signature. But your reasoning only works if the host country does the same. Remember that the Queen is the Supreme governor of the episcopal church.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post

- - - Updated - - -

We can all see where you are going from your signature. But your reasoning only works if the host country does the same. Remember that the Queen is the Supreme governor of the episcopal church.
    I understand. I think people are looking for someone to blame or congratulate for Brexit. But it's nothing to do with me at the end of the day as it was not me who caused or even proposed Brexit. Never in my wildest imaginings or plans or predictions did Brexit ever occur in them. It was like a bolt from the blue, metaphorically glass breaking as you say, when Leave won. But I have accepted the result and made plans to adapt.

If other British citizens do that... they might make it. If they cannot accept that Brexit is going to happen. It will hit them the hardest and I feel sorry for them. I hope they survive like I have planned to. The rest is for history to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes you have to be a hypocrite, everyone has been at some point. No one is altruistic, neither is any movement. There is always something gained and something lost but when humanity as a whole benefits and an anti humanist group loses it gives others hope.

skin color doesn't matter, it is a result of evolution and environment just like every other skin color or physical difference. I am talking about horrifyingly flawed ideologies that promote violence by their very nature.
    Are you sure that it is not part of that "dangerous religion" they all supposedly have?
    The thing you can tell just by looking at them? Otherwise how would you know if it's just inside their heads?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Financially they will be worse off, immigration wise they will be better off.

Sometimes you have to be a hypocrite, everyone has been at some point. No one is altruistic, neither is any movement. There is always something gained and something lost but when humanity as a whole benefits and an anti humanist group loses it gives others hope.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

-Christopher Hitchens, 13 April 1949 – 15 December 2011
    Scary how your signature is a fitting retort to your baseless assertions.
    Just so you know, I think what you wrote in that post would be a "dangerous ideology" if only there was more to it.
    It is self-destructive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    Financially they will be worse off, immigration wise they will be better off.
    How so?
    Or do you define "better off" as "NHS will save money because there is no staff to pay anymore"?

Scary how your signature is a fitting retort to your baseless assertions.
    Just so you know, I think what you wrote in that post would be a "dangerous ideology" if only there was more to it.
    It is self-destructive.

- - - Updated - - -

How so?
    Or do you define "better off" as "NHS will save money because there is no staff to pay anymore"?
    The real question is why are you defending religion when the intelligent world know it is all bullshit?

The real question is why are you defending religion when the intelligent world know it is all bullshit?
    Am I defending religion?
    Which one? Please be specific and cite passages from my posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like those filthy alkie catholic Irish, right?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Brexit will be a complete mess because our political class is morally bankrupt, and our civil service is full of useless workshy dullards.

I still think in 20 years we will be better off out than in. I CBA to write an essay on the subject but it boils down to:

I believe that the more local that democracy is, the better it can serve it's constituents, and certainly your representatives should be held to account through elections. The European council is none of these things. After Brexit (theoretically) we should have a better democracy for local needs, without being under the thumb of Brussels. I wont hold my breath for this with the equally awful Labour and Tory parties at the helm, but we can hope.

the currency union being unworkable. The idea that countries like Greece should share a currency with the likes of Germany and France is ridiculous. Localised currency means that countries become more competitive in exports and tourism if their currencies fall, and a natural balance is mostly achieved. The Euro benefits only Germany that I can see. Also Britain, France and Germany pour money into the EU, with very little comparative benefit.

We are a net importer, we should be able to trade successfully around the globe. It is only protectionism that prevents this.

I think the Immigration issue has probably been discussed enough, so I wont really comment. I'm sure to some I will seem a be a big old racist for saying this, but to me open borders and largely unchecked migration is crazy, and the stresses on all public services are pretty obvious, even if the politically correct media will never acknowledge it. Also the idea that people will not come here anymore for work is false, UK will remain an attractive place to work and live, and I don't think having to go through an application process is too much to ask.

You mean like the far right?

You want to boot the Christians out of the UK too? Might be a bit rough, you'd probably need to start with the Queen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Well, the argument that they voted Brexit to keep Polish workers out of the UK is pretty racist. And it's also one of the oldest arguments of racists (they steal our jobs!). Apart from that, I think the general sentiment is that Brexiteers are shortsighted or misled, rather than racist bigots.
    the painting of the majority of the UK with that same brush shows the flaws in your argument. I voted leave, I am only half English, I'm married to an immigrant, my daughter is an immigrant..

your mistake is you do not understand the following. not everyone who voted brexit is racist. but all racists did vote brexit. that does not mean you can tar everyone as that. in the same way, It would be wrong for me to assume every remainer was a sjw sissy raised by a single mother. generalisations do nothing but cause more mudslinging and misinformation to spread.

how is it short sighted when Leave are the ones fully understanding that short term this will hurt us. whereas the remainers are the ones up in arms about it... I was ready and prepared for that consequence.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy