Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To add insult to injury they're allowing Warriors and Priests as playable classes.

You're so close, Blizzard!
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    To add insult to injury they're allowing Warriors and Priests as playable classes.

You're so close, Blizzard!
    So in other words, The Zandalari and the Night Elfs hold one thing in common. 10,000 years of stagnation under bullshit leaders not allowing their orders to expand in any meaningful merit.

How wonderful.

Maybe that's the point. Maybe they have like a whole allied race class release schedule. I don't know I'm just really fucking concerned their focus on 'comikbook gaem' has gone a little too fucking far to the point where even doing something cool and interesting has to be served in marginal bite sized chunks.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    There's also been a blood elf druid ingame since BC yet blood elves can't be druids. Blood elf druids built the stones that protect Eversong.

- - - Updated - - -

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Aponi_Brightmane

Look under the quotes section. They explained tauren paladins and priests quite well. They're a resurrection of an old order the tauren used to have that died out, just like druids were.

- - - Updated - - -

I highly doubt that. Look on this very page and you'll see people whining about how they "shoehorned in" tauren paladins, and that was almost a decade ago now. If there's one thing I've learned is that people will never be satisfied with anything.

Pretty sure that it is explained that they are mages in lore. That's why Dark'han or whatever his name in Ghostlands, a mage, betrayed his people by giving Arthas the secret to destroying the barrier stones.

As for the historical argument for paladins, based on the quotes you linked, it looks like Tahu is theorizing a new approach to druidism, not reviving an old way.

So yes, sunwalkers are very much new lore and Blizzard didn't justify like you're saying.

Also, I don't see how its whining when it is the truth. Tauren were always more of a shamanistic race and it is generally agreed upon that paladins were an ass-pull by Blizzard to give Horde more paladin options. Hell, Forsaken made more sense as paladins at the time i.e. Sir Zeilek/Leonid Bartholomew.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Before I even argue the Zandalari point I'm going to argue for Dark Iron. They should be able to be Shamans for a simple reason. They've been tied to Ragnaros and fire for a very long time. They are the ones who summoned him into Azeroth and caused the creation of the Searing Gorge, Burning Steppes, and Blackrock Mountain itself just by summoning him. They worshipped him. Dark Iron dwarves would have their own way of tapping into elemental magics.

Zandalari worship many different loas. They value strength, wisdom, and prophecies above all else. I find it difficult to believe that a society like this would allow their members to openly act like criminals and demon worshipers. Prelates and freethinkers would be on top as worshipers of the light, which seems to be the cosmic force that trumps all others.. There's no reason they shouldn't be able to be paladins.

Another shaman for Alliance and another Paladin for horde. Even then Zandalari can be shaman and Dark Iron can be Paladins anyway(I think? Conflicting information). That makes it even and makes it so nobody can bitch. I'm disappointed that Blizzard is ignoring their own lore for... reasons?
    The whole making it even went out the window when Horde gets two additional Druid races while Alliance gets none.

If we really want to get into the Paladin/Shaman balance talk, currently 5 Horde races can be Shaman while only 3 Alliance races can be Paladin. With the Dark Irons and Zandalari added, it will be 6 Horde Shaman class-race combo options versus 4 Alliance Paladin ones.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    So in other words, The Zandalari and the Night Elfs hold one thing in common. 10,000 years of stagnation under bullshit leaders not allowing their orders to expand in any meaningful merit.

How wonderful.

Maybe that's the point. Maybe they have like a whole allied race class release schedule. I don't know I'm just really fucking concerned their focus on 'comikbook gaem' has gone a little too fucking far to the point where even doing something cool and interesting has to be served in marginal bite sized chunks.
    Lol you act like its a lore reason, bro, its all gameplay, did you even listen to the interview with Ion? They wanted to invoke the vanilla shit again, shamans for horde, and paladins for alliance, thats why things are how they are with this batch of allied races.

Deleted
    Why they take a Zandalari warlock what we never seen before in lore or ingame over the Zandalari prelate (paladin) is making me wonder what they consider with making class/race combos.

No Dino-Druids or Freethinker Prelates. My hopes and dreams dashed quite expertly, bravo Blizzard. Bravo...
    *sadface.

i am surprised no one has tweeted watcher
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    If Dark Iron's get Shaman I'm going to riot. I was super stoked for a Zandalari paladin and their lore, but apparently Blizzard thinks Rogues are better fit, even when Zandalari culture looks down on it.
    What lore? One trash mob?

95% of you people would race change back to Blood Elf after one month anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    i am surprised no one has twitted watcher
    I did.
    "@WarcraftDevs @Warcraft @WatcherDev @Alex_Afrasiabi Please reconsider Zandalari paladins. They have more support in lore and ingame representation than warlocks. it would be a huge waste, especially if there is a high demand for this combo."
    But tweets are too short to write entire feedback :/
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

They already have Druids and Shamans and Horde already has the only race that can be all three classes. Not to mention the fact that Horde also has the most races that can be Shamans and Druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I did.

But tweets are too short to write entire feedback :/
    thank you ramz.
    we must keep up the fight
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    thank you ramz.
    I'm still trying to get an answer about their height
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    What lore? One trash mob?

95% of you people would race change back to Blood Elf after one month anyway.
    Go look up Zandalari Freethinkers.

From Vanilla Pally questchain (excuse the contradictory Vanilla crap writing):

Your beliefs are alien to us, heathen. Ancient Zandalar were once branded as heretics. This was when the Gurubashi Empire was strong. Heathens dared to challenge the priest of Hakkar. Heathens then were hunted and killed as vermin. Those heathens never wavered in their fight against the Blood God. We honor the price they paid. They are the freethinkers.
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=8054/pa...ethinkers-belt
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=19721/primal-hakkari-shawl

Note he rewards you with a Freethinkers Belt that is Pally-specific. Some other items for the classes eligible for the ZG chain are:

Druid: Haruspex's Belt
    Hunter: Predator's Belt
    Mage: Illusionist's Mantle
    Priest: Confessor's Mantle
    Rogue: Madcap's Tunic
    Shaman: Augur's Belt
    Warlock: Demoniac's Mantle
    Warrior: Vindicator's Armguards

http://www.wowhead.com/item=19839/za...haruspexs-belt
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=19832/za...-belt#comments
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=19845/za...antle#comments
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=19841/za...fessors-mantle
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=19834/za...-madcaps-tunic
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=19829/za...-belt#comments
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=19849/za...moniacs-mantle
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=19824/za...tors-armguards

Also, from Rokrekk on the official forums:

For those saying that it dose not make sense for Zandalari can be pallys I recommend you look up your lore and facts.

Loa is just the troll word for God and there are 3 types of Loa.

The Rada Loa, known collectively as the World-Smiths, are generally older and more benevolent spirits.

The Petro Loa are more fiery, occasionally aggressive and warlike. They represent particular aspects of life.

The Ghede are the spirits of troll ancestors.

So what if the freethinkers worship a Na’ru who knows maybe they do.

Na’ru would fall under Rada Loa.

Also what are Freethinkers?

Heathens also have a place in the Zandalar tribe, and are known as freethinkers among the Zandalari.
    Freethinkers do not fear oppression and die for what they believe in. Battle gear gives one power in the tribe. The freethinkers are honored in this way. They are zealots and imbue their breastplates with powerful mojo. If their beliefs falter in the face of the enemy, their breastplate will not.

They are also in game not just in lore or just books go check throne thunder and see for yourself.

There is good chance that Zandalari Troll pallys can be a playable but that up to blizzard to decide.
    Last edited by Castrum; 2018-02-07 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    They already have Druids and Shamans and Horde already has the only race that can be all three classes. Not to mention the fact that Horde also has the most races that can be Shamans and Druids.
    Lol...I'm sorry - but Cows with Antlers and Trolls that use an upright skeleton are not "different" enough to say Horde has 4 Druid races...honestly, boo hoo you all don't get your Zandalari Paladins...people have wanted Belf Druids for YEARS and then they just give us reskins of what we already have on Horde - RUBBISH!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Or remove Rogue, one of the more common classes. Or remove both.

Death magic is beneath the Zandalari but hey it's ok if it's cavorting with demons.
    I kinda want a Zandalari Rogue :'( but I would have no problem trading Warlock for Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

I highly doubt that. Look on this very page and you'll see people whining about how they "shoehorned in" tauren paladins, and that was almost a decade ago now. If there's one thing I've learned is that people will never be satisfied with anything.
    The whining is about them shoehorning in Tauren paladins but not adding in a legitimate Race/Class Combination with actual substance and past examples in game.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    I'm seriously sick of only two options, and realistically only one for Horde side. It's fucking sad. We need more options on Horde side. I love my Blood Elf but it would be nice to have a CHOICE at least.

- - - Updated - - -

WHAT? It makes perfect sense. Seriously stupidest reply of the year so far.
    >realistically only one

>says they have a belf pally

So.... obviously there's two since you have the shit one

Deleted
    thank you ramz.

I'm all up for requesting to add Pally as class but not sacrificing other classes, specially after they've been announced. I've been wanting Zanda Warlocks for a long time and I'd be extremely disappointed too if they'd go and actually change it after letting out that list of classes. I just think it's unfair as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does this surprise anyone? It was never going to happen no matter how much you wished.
    Aye mate