Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Nah, I'm good.

As long as people are RPing (role-playing) within WoW, I think it is still safe to say it has elements of an RPG (role-playing game). And officially, Blizzard classifies the game as an MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game).

So it is I, sir, that don't care about your points. Nice try, though!
    \o/ You cared enough to jump on your horse again though.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Title.

How are we supposed to get rep from argus factions when they all come from world quests? Argus is the worst zone of all that Blizzard has ever done, not only can't you fly there, the zone is also packed so it seems like you can't take 2 steps before agroing 20 mobs that won't let you mount up unless you kill them all .

0 logic behind it, at least give us the ability to grind rep by kiiling those said mobs
    This is very dirty move. Even more dirty, than gating flying behind 8 months of time and all this rep grinds. Logic is very simple: all, who hate current content, but plan to return in BFA to use it's major feature, i.e. Allied Races, have to pre-order and resub now, i.e. pay extra sub fees for obsoleted content, that actually was a reason of their unsub - i.e. for nothing. Game should be in disastrous state, if Blizzard start to use such F2Pish moves, as charging players for early access, gated behind obsoleted content.

As I've already said, if Allied Races are gated behind Legion content - then Blizzard shouldn't require pre-order to unlock them, as I have to pay sub fee for current content to unlock them. If this content is released now and requires current content to be unlocked - then, guess what? It's part of current content, not next xpack! How can they sell them twice? Otherwise they should remove rep requirements.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2018-02-07 at 09:08 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Title.

How are we supposed to get rep from argus factions when they all come from world quests? Argus is the worst zone of all that Blizzard has ever done, not only can't you fly there, the zone is also packed so it seems like you can't take 2 steps before agroing 20 mobs that won't let you mount up unless you kill them all .

0 logic behind it, at least give us the ability to grind rep by kiiling those said mobs
    The logic is that the game has a sub and so they don't want you to just get things immediately, they want you to spend time "earning" it. Because while you are "earning" it, you are paying a sub.

It's very blatant. Now, giving things immediately has its own drawbacks, but the thing is: normally you'd expect to be playing the game because you enjoy the activity and this just isn't the case with WoW by and large and likely hasn't been the case for the majority of players for the past several years.

WoW is no longer a game that you log in to because you like *playing* it. It's a game that you log in to because you want some reward. Yes, that's bad and that's a manifestation of the ineptness and the creative impotence of the devs and results in the game declining as a consequence.

PS: If the game didn't have a sub, the grind attached to the allied races likely wouldn't be there. Instead, these races would have been in a shop.
    Last edited by rda; 2018-02-07 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    The logic is that the game has a sub and so they don't want you to just get things immediately, they want you to spend time "earning" it. Because while you are "earning" it, you are paying a sub.

It's very blatant. Now, giving things immediately has its own drawbacks, but the thing is: normally you'd expect to be playing the game because you enjoy the activity and this just isn't the case with WoW by and large and likely hasn't been the case for the majority of players for the past several years.

WoW is no longer a game that you log in to because you like *playing* it. It's a game that you log in to because you want some reward. Yes, that's bad and that's a manifestation of the ineptness and the creative impotence of the devs and results in the game declining as a consequence.

PS: If the game didn't have a sub, the grind attached to the allied races likely wouldn't be there. Instead, these races would have been in a shop.
    But this is very greedy move, as they want to kill two hares via one shot - they want to do both: 1) Gate allied races behind current content, that is already bought by you and you pay current sub fee for it 2) To sell it as next xpack feature, i.e. require pre-order for it. But... If this content is already completed, released and gated behind current content, then... Isn't it actually current Legion's content, you pay current sub fee for? How can they require BFA to play it?

This is actually first time in Wow's history, when content is released during current xpack, requires current content, but...sold as next xpack feature. If we won't stop Blizzard now - they will continue this nonsense in a future. If content is released during current xpack and requires current content - it's current xpack feature. Period.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2018-02-07 at 09:31 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    Frank. It was Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    But this is very greedy move, as they want to kill two hares via one shot - they want to do both: 1) Gate allied races behind current content, that is already bought by you and you pay current sub fee for it 2) To sell it as next xpack feature, i.e. require pre-order for it. But... If this content is already completed, released and gated behind current content, then... Isn't it actually current Legion's content, you pay current sub fee for? How can they require BFA to play it?
    If you think the allied races are bad, wait for BFA. The entire expansion is an excercise in "let's do nearly nothing, but charge current huge prices while keeping straight faces".

If you think the allied races are bad, wait for BFA. The entire expansion is an excercise in "let's do nearly nothing, but charge current huge prices while keeping straight faces".
    I just imagine, what will happen, if Blizzard will start adding literally every NPC race as Allied Race. They will require all old reps to unlock them? They had simple rule in the past - no content should be sold twice. That's why things, like Timewalking dungeons - are never treated as xpack feature and never sold - they're free for all, who pay sub fee. And now looks like they're going to violate this rule. If we won't stop them now - they will start selling all old obsoleted content as "new" one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    I don't want to have to play the game for races I'm paying money for already. This argument is asinine and utterly and completely falls apart when you take into account the next 10 months will have you sitting on Arugs doing nothing but farming content on the next 5 alts and the fact Allied races are locked behind a premium preorder status.

If their only unlock requirement were as stated in game, you'd have a point. It falls apart when it's "pre buy free pre access" bullshit anti-consumer schalarky.

- - - Updated - - -

I only criticize the dopamine addicts that seem to only put the reward centers of their brain before any other need or want. It's disgusting to watch people be addicted to pixels like that.

Yes I might be an asshole, but this forum needs an asshole sometimes, otherwise you kids start to think that World of Warcrafts story is good.
    I really don't understand how you're not banned yet. You've been calling everyone addicted junkies for weeks now and acting like a total asshat to EVERYONE and ANYONE that disagrees with your opinion.

Really don't understand moderation here sometimes.

Title.

problably someone noticed that nobody do argus shit-dailies anymore so they thought up a way to force people to do them again .

lets be honest 910 gear is utter shit atm so nobody was farming it .

they found a way lets force people to farm rep for weeks this way we can pretend for managmenet that zone is alive and people are happy with no new content for months.

its just a huge fraud from blizzard nothing else - people should sue them for false advertisment.

I just imagine, what will happen, if Blizzard will start adding literally every NPC race as Allied Race. They will require all old reps to unlock them? They had simple rule in the past - no content should be sold twice. That's why things, like Timewalking dungeons - are never treated as xpack feature and never sold - they're free for all, who pay sub fee. And now looks like they're going to violate this rule. If we won't stop them now - they will start selling all old obsoleted content as "new" one.
    yup - after all legion proven them they can do f.ck all , just put 30 difficulty sliders on the same dungeons since launch and people are perfeckly happy.

BfA will be such a lackluster shitshow that people cant even imagine yet - tied to crazy amount of rng everywhere around and milions of grind gates .

WoW went completly to the drain in past few years. game is not worth of playing anymore when you have so much better games to choose from.

I just imagine, what will happen, if Blizzard will start adding literally every NPC race as Allied Race. They will require all old reps to unlock them? They had simple rule in the past - no content should be sold twice. That's why things, like Timewalking dungeons - are never treated as xpack feature and never sold - they're free for all. And now looks like they're going to violate this rule. If we won't stop them now - they will start selling all old obsoleted content as "new" one.
    Here is what I think will happen with the allied races:

They won't really be very popular and so Blizzard will perhaps add a couple more, but in general the experiment will more or less end with BFA. Or maybe they will decide to bulk them up more to try and incentivize people into using them more, in which case they will keep adding one-two new allied races made out of existing models every now and then - maybe once or twice per expansion.

As to the general point - we cannot stop Blizzard from doing anything regarding WoW now. WoW's ship has sailed when they stopped betting on it and started reducing effort spent on it in favor of moving that effort to other projects. This happened during the development of WoD, I think. Yeah, if there will be a big ruckus on the forum about, say, these requirements for the allied races, they might relax that particular thing in some way, but the direction is not going to change and they will keep doing that shit in other places. They aren't really developing the game anymore. They are barely keeping it afloat for as long as possible with as small effort as possible, trying to get all money they can out of its former glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    How are there still people who aren't exalted? It's been months.
    because - i know it will be hard to imagine - people dont like doin usless stuff - like farming usless shit zone like Argus that doesnt offer you literaly anything past first initial week of farming 910 gear.

now if blizzard put lets say 950 itlv gear costing 2k shards each - then people would farm this shit for months without whining . but its been dead zone for past 2 months and its desperate try from blizz to repopulate it (with only allience players )

its a dick move trying to justify complete fail of zone and waste of resources that argus zones are

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LiPiNo View Post
    I came back to wow in November, started fresh char end of November - i have flying and i done all zones (have the loremaster). I am exalted with nightborne, nearly exalted with highmountein, but im just about to get revered with argus. It really is just time gated, because most wqs gives 75 rep only, even if you try to grind it every day and 2/3 of argus zone have more army of light wqs. So i can see it being easy if you played whole legion, you would get it with emmisaries, however its nowhere comparable with other reputations (just the argus i mean). Also you only get the good order hall missions later as you develop, while nightfallen gives you good amounts simply by doing the campaign.

- - - Updated - - -

+1
    New playes will go play MOBA and/or PUBG.
    Again 2k rep/ week for 30 min effort + 2k rep from missions on avg + the occassional 1.8k from the emissary quest. This is probably one of the least time consuming rep grinds on the history of wow.

Here is what I think will happen with the allied races:

They won't really be very popular and so Blizzard will perhaps add a couple more, but in general the experiment will more or less end with BFA. Or maybe they will decide to bulk them up more to try and incentivize people into using them more, in which case they will keep adding one-two new allied races made out of existing models every now and then - maybe once or twice per expansion.

As to the general point - we cannot stop Blizzard from doing anything regarding WoW now. WoW's ship has sailed when they stopped betting on it and started reducing effort spent on it in favor of moving that effort to other projects. This happened during the development of WoD, I think. Yeah, if there will be a big ruckus on the forum about, say, these requirements for the allied races, they might relax that particular thing in some way, but the direction is not going to change and they will keep doing that shit in other places. They aren't really developing the game anymore. They are barely keeping it afloat for as long as possible with as small effort as possible, trying to get all money they can out of its former glory.
    I don't think so. I think Allied Races are going to be something on a par with Transmogs. Yeah, currently they're optional, but this may change, if Blizzard will start implementing new race-class combos. For example Grimtotem Rogues. It's not that hard, as Grimtotems have already joined us in our war against Legion. Blizzard won't miss opportunity to make all past, current and future reps really meaningful. For example despite of denying this fact, Vulperas are 100% going to be playable race. May be not in BFA, but in next xpack. Adding them to playable race list isn't just about making their customization easier - it's about making it possible to turn them into playable race via just a flip of a switch.

Yeah, Legion reps are still actual, but imagine Draenor Orcs for example. Imagine, that new player will be required to have at least level 100 Horde character to unlock them + another level cap character to level Draenor Orc (as race change is paid service, yeah). And all this stuff requires paying sub fee. Paying it for obsoleted content. And on a top of that Blizzard will charge another 50$ for some sort of 9.0 xpack to "unlock" them and calling them "current xpack's content", while making Allied Race doesn't require any effort, when you have pre-existing skeletons, animations and even textures, players have already paid for. I.e. despite of Blizzard, trying to overestimate their value and telling us, that it has taken "thousands of hours" to make them - they're simply about 10 minutes of photoshoping their texture and may be a hour to make some hairstyles and other customizations for them.

I don't think, that this is good business.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2018-02-07 at 10:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flancaek View Post
    you get 2000 charity rep with each of the two factions for free every week. And then probably 3000+ from each per week from Order Hall missions. It takes no time at all, especially given the huge buff to rep gain.
    You realize that's only 5k a week of easily attainable rep, then it's down to the pitifully low-yield world quests. Argussian takes several weeks and it's all world quest farming. Dreadfully boring and a ridiculous requirement for a new race that is entirely unrelated to a reputation of draenei on Argus

Quote Originally Posted by Lethalmd View Post
    Again 2k rep/ week for 30 min effort + 2k rep from missions on avg + the occassional 1.8k from the emissary quest. This is probably one of the least time consuming rep grinds on the history of wow.
    Im ok with it in general, just the timing for me sucks, i could be playing the new races when i came back , now i have to grind the rep And i ve done some of other grind reps back in BC/WoTLK - what im pointing out is that the horde races are much easier to unlock from somebody who comes back now to see the new races.
    I assume they will scrap it once BfA comes out anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethalmd View Post
    Sure, but it's still going to take nearly a month. A ridiculous time gate, especially since Nightfallen can be done in literally a day. You will be exalted by the end of Insurrection. Meanwhile they make you farm every world quest you can get your hands on for a month to get Void Elves. It's really silly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    Sure, but it's still going to take nearly a month. A ridiculous time gate, especially since Nightfallen can be done in literally a day. You will be exalted by the end of Insurrection. Meanwhile they make you farm every world quest you can get your hands on for a month to get Void Elves. It's really silly.
    So blizzard asks you to play current content for 1 month during the 7 month period it has been out? MADNESS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    You shouldn't be playing an MMO if all you care about are raids.
    I disagree. Raids are the only compelling reason to play an mmo.

YOU people just dont see it right? This exalted requirements wont be as hard as now when the new expansion come out (aprox late september). Blizzard is doing that right now just to keep everyone busy, cause they ran out of Legion content, as it happens with every expansion in its ending period.

When bfa comes out, they will nerf to the ground the requirements, or make them waaaay more easy for us to grind it. Isnt that obvious?