Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    did it occur to you that if the game wasnt complete shit people wouldnt complain ?

you dont see people complaining about horde races since a) nightborne is so much eaiser to get , b ) nobody give any shit about taurens.

it was done on purpose to scam people due to how dead zone argus was already .

shit content is shit. and people are rightfully pissed- people should just mass cancel their preorders to show blizzard that its not ok to scam people

it worked with EA it will work with blizzard.
    Then go fucking cancel your preorder and unsubscribe.

Most people very well understood what they would have to do to play an allied race, and it frankly doesn't take that much time.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really have to laugh at those complaining they have to play a game to get stuff from it.. It is just a sad and pathetic indictment of how society is going when you have some whinging like two year olds because everything is not given to them on a platter..

This lazy LFR Raiders complaining about doing a fu"ck"ing 20m Questline ...

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    itt: I can't believe Blizzard is making me go through current content to unlock even more current content

A handful of these complaints are valid in BfA, not today.
    So you say when BfA launches, it won't be acceptable to have this sort of gating? I really doubt they will remove the requirements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    It gets defended because IT IS good design and makes these allied races prestigious as Ion himself said on the last Q&A.
    Not really.

If we could at least grind for it would be better but they do not even let us do that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wixxkrippl View Post
    This lazy LFR Raiders complaining about doing a fu"ck"ing 20m Questline ...
    I doubt ANYONE would complain about just the questline and i have seen very few say remove rep gate completely.

Most say either make it easier to grind or make it revered not remove all requirements

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    So you say when BfA launches, it won't be acceptable to have this sort of gating? I really doubt they will remove the requirements.
    Yes, that is what I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Not really.

If we could at least grind for it would be better but they do not even let us do that

I doubt ANYONE would complain about just the questline and i have seen very few say remove rep gate completely.

Most say either make it easier to grind or make it revered not remove all requirements
    It is already easy. Just do the WQs, they pop frequently enough. Also class hall missions with those tokens really help speed it up.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    It is already easy. Just do the WQs, they pop frequently enough. Also class hall missions with those tokens really help speed it up.
    Heh i know all this i am a bit over halfway through revered already(mostly due to the blessed mix of weekly rep bonus and darkmoon fair) i also got lucky in regards to stuff like missions.

But without these two buffs i doubt i would be half as far.

I also do not mind grinding..actually i find the lack of ot vexing.

Thing js i would like to be able to actually farm it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b3zzie View Post
    Where did my post go? guess i won't find logic here either. shame.

I live in canada where we have 5x the price so the collectors edition was legit $100.

It sucks when blizzard forces you to play the game their way and they throw gated crap at you that's 100x harder with 5x the rep gains, do you see the logic now?
    How is 100 canadian dollars "5x" (i know not literally) the price, it's a little higher than the others that's true, it's not THAT MUCH higher, 100 canadian are like 80 USD or 65 EUR. If I'm not mistaken the collectors costs 70?! USD and 60? EUR, so it's not really a mind blowing difference.

When you go live in a poor country where the cost of the collectors there is 20% of the countries minimum wage, come back to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Son, if you are playing at the level where picking your race for gameplay matters (Mythic raiding, high-end rated PVP) you should already be exalted.
    I'm talking about new players not me.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

15+ Year Old Account
    Well it is what it is, im just not happy with it. You might agree or not I really don't care. Just came to say my point of view as a hyped-up returning player. Goodluck and see you in Argus...

There was a post in here the other day that got barely any attention, but some guy said you can just spam purchase the argus follower npcs(for your order hall) to "grind" rep with Argus factions. Its like 150 OR for the first npc each week, then 900 each after that so its very costly but might be an option for some of your returning after a long time if you had thousands upon thousands of OR before you left....

You can also turn in blood of sargeras for OR in Dalaran, most of you prob have a few 100 bloods so thats thousands of OR to funnel into more npc purchases for rep.

Disclaimer: I don't know if this works, it could have been total BS by that poster. If it does work, I don't know which of the 3 npcs you are suppose to buy or which one gives rep or how much(if any)

Babies with entitlement issues gon' whine.

9 months or so until BfA releases, and people spend the time whinging for things to be nerfed rather than simply putting their head down and working towards the reward.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you dont see people complaining about horde races since a) nightborne is so much eaiser to get , b ) nobody give any shit about taurens.
    No, no one is complaining about the horde races because, unlike the void elves and the Lightforged, the horde allied aren't complete ASS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    It does says.

Message is quite clear. It says EVERYTHING ELSE but not "PLAY AS YOU PURCHASE EXPANSION". Your fault for not reading it well.

I think that if the whole point was "pre-purchase and play new allied races" it would have been written/said like that but it isn't like that anywhere. They don't have to tell players what is really involved, it says everything in the advertisement. You want it? You play for it. Thing is, none of the players are thinking "Well if they released without limitation, everyone would instantly re-roll". I am glad you can't instantly re-roll because it would make game feel and look retarded.
    tl;dr

Keep up. Completing a quest =/= exalted reputation. They are separate requirements.

I don't have some personal stake in this argument. I was exalted with all reputations when this was announced. No skin off my back. Thanks for the freeby Blizzard!

As stated in what you quoted:
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    You have to be a really close minded jerk to not see how someone who has not been playing, or following updates, might get an e-mail about these sub races and race to preorder, only to find oops... it isn't quite what you expected.

The question is, does Blizzard really want to be THAT company that nails you with the fine print? You get that from your bank, your lawyer, your sleezy used car salesman. It becomes a question of are you TRYING to bamboozle people out of their money? Or can you admit that perhaps it wasn't as clear as it could have been and attempt to make amends. "Read the fine print." or "Do your research." is really poor customer service, and they stand to lose more than they'll gain. Being contrite doesn't cost them anything.
    That wasn't directed at anyone in particular. But it definitely fits your shitty attitude. Quite frankly... its bad for the community. The game only stands to benefit from an influx of new and/or returning players. Your indignant and self righteous attitude is very self serving and only seeks to drive people away. I'm not saying the requirements have to change... but if you can't see how someone might have missed that, or misunderstood it, then you're just being a stubborn mule. Either way I'm not invested enough in the issue to continue a conversation with the likes of you...
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2018-02-07 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    9 months or so until BfA releases, and people spend the time whinging for things to be nerfed rather than simply putting their head down and working towards the reward.
    And what a great reward it is! I love spending money on unlocking the ability to spend weeks of my time to eventually start playing the game. This is the thing the Southpark episode made fun of, after all that grinding and toiling the boys did they end the episode with:

- What do we do now?
    - Well now we can start playing the game.

People try to compare this with us asking for gear to be sent to our in-game mailboxes because we want all of the content we paid for immediately accessible. The fallacy with that comparison is that raiding to get better gear IS the feature of gear progression, so sending gear in the mail would literally destroy that feature. However, that doesn't mean that the feature was without faults. You used to be forced to raid to get PvP gear, however, they slowly improved that to the point of only needing to PvP to acquire competent gear. You could call the PvPers lazy, but if you fail to see the extreme challenging of both raiding and PvPing at a high level then I'm sorry to tell you that you are most likely spending way too much time on this game.

I don't think a single person has much of an issue with requiring you to complete a quest-line to unlock the various allied races, after all that is part of playing the game. But you aren't 'playing' the game so much when all you do is to do literally the same thing over and over again for weeks to unlock said reward, cause if that is playing then I guess the words 'play' and 'chore' are synonymous. I also don't think many people mind that the races are behind a level requirement, but with the free boosts that makes it more or less a moot point.

When it comes the criticism of people feeling fooled by the announcements and wanting refunds, calling them "incapable of doing research" or "blind for not reading the fine print", I think can be analogous to entering a supermarket and buying a packet of chips and then after purchase having the item withheld because the customer has to first complete a set of tasks. You kind of expect you get the item immediately, but apparently there's a new store policy that states that the purchase of any item allows you to earn the rights to use the items you paid for. You feel a bit outraged when learning of this but are quickly shown the signs prior to entering the store that hints to this. Mind you these signs aren't in your face, but that is on you for not doing your research prior to entering the store! Nevertheless, your task is to complete 10 jumping jacks for the items you paid for, unless you have already completed the task beforehand with proof. You set off but are quickly stopped after 2 jumps, "Alright, you have reached your daily limit. Come back tomorrow to do another 2", wait what? Well either let me complete the 10 jumping jacks now or give me my money back.

There's a level of trust a lot of us put in Blizzard that they aren't trying to scam us out of our time and money, but rather that they provide a game that attempts to deliver an enjoyable experience. Sadly that is not always the case and Blizzard can try to learn from that to improve those aspects in the future. I have spent more than 15000 hours in this game since Vanilla, and I have done so much grinding in this game but solely because I wanted to do so myself and the grind would lead to a meaningless reward like a tabard or toy that I wanted to show off or 'enjoy'. But this has happened before and it started in Mists of Pandaria when they thought that they should make reputation grinds more meaningful by locking necessary things behind them, and not only that, but they also removed the ability to earn said reputations through either grinding an area or wearing a champion's tabard. It wasn't a meaningless, and fun in a weird way, grind anymore, it was now expected to do if you wanted to engage in other activities in the game. I grinded out the Deadwood Furbolgs to exalted in Vanilla for crying out loud! It's not like I want stuff to be handed to me, I just don't want to be forced into a position where I have to do something like that when the 'reward' at the end is required to engage in another activity. I can only imagine if pet battles existed in Vanilla and being exalted with Deadwood was the requirement to enjoy that aspect. That would kill any interest in getting to exalted as the time investment asked from you would have been absolutely monumental. Actually worse than that, if pet battles was advertised as a feature of Burning Crusade but locked behind exalted Netherwing (let's pretend it was released at launch).

The people who think they should be rewarded for spending egregious amounts of time in this game are sad, and the fact that you guys think that being passively rewarding for enjoying Legion by getting instant unlocks (except the short quest-line involved) is a fair reward for being loyal is mind blowing. What about the people who spent a whole lot more time before you playing the game then but was never rewarded for it? Is that fair? No. Should they be rewarded? No! The kind of elitism some of you guys are showing off thinking that you are somehow more worthy than others just because you participated RIGHT NOW in THIS EXPANSION is mind-blowing. Similar elitist in other aspects of the world where people think that certain things makes them way more worthy than others is what cause conflict and war.

I feel sad for the people who still have friends yet to explore the wonderful world of Warcraft, but have to wait a month for a complete newbie to use their boost and then grind reputation for a month before they can finally start levelling together. Why even bother at that point? Any new player would surely feel the game is trying to communicate to them that it doesn't want them here.

I've spent way too much time on this rant, and I know it is all for nothing cause it will fall on deaf ears. And the few who might respond with counter-arguments are sure to either avoid arguing against what I've said or not even attempt to understand what I've said.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Babies with entitlement issues gon' whine.

Everytime I'm waiting for new wq I come to the forums... I'm here often.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    And this is a bad thing why?

WoW is, and always has been, a game in which it takes time to progress your character. The point of the game is to play over a long term basis.

Those returning players left because there wasn't enough to do, but now you're complaining that they have to spend upwards of 2 weeks, for like what, an hour a day, in order to unlock certain rewards. No offense but it seems to me like you're playing the wrong game.

Wrong. Blizzard has absolutely no interest in making us "be online as much as possible" and nothing in the game design even suggests this. What they do want is to for us to keep subscribing for as long as possible. Which means having fun/engaging stuff to do that takes more than just a week of binge playing.

So the game is great for people who enjoy developing a character over a long period of time, and the game accomodates both players who want to sink a lot of time into it on a daily basis, as well as the player who only wants to spend a few hours a week.

It's absolutely not a game designed for people who want to play for a week and then disappear for six months. It has never been that game. If you want to play it that way, and I am not saying you can't, but you really shouldn't be surprised when the game doesn't seem to be designed with you in mind.
    Did you delete that part of my post on purpose or are you just illiterate? Probably both.

You say how Wow is about developing character, over a long period of time.
    Well, reddit, what do allied races have to do with that? Basically what was in my post you quoted, but deleted that specific part?

You "develop your character over a long period of time" to what... roll a new one? But what of your character you've been developing over so long? You pay up to change race? Good goy.

And just so you know, their last quarterly report (or the one before that, can't remember) indeed suggested that they are now after "keeping people in the game as much as possible", which would explain all this dripfeeding of the content.

Also love how pretty much all people here who defend this crap have thousands of forum posts, suggesting wasting their time, or perhaps having too much free time on their hands, is something at their disposal and therefore they are not to be taken seriously.
    Last edited by Louz; 2018-02-07 at 05:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    If you have been playing the game you'd already have a toon at 55 and all it does it is require u to level a toon to 55 than swap over that's different and you know it.
    It takes more work to level to for a death knight during Wotlk then it does to grind out AR rep. It isn't different and you know it. They have locked these types of things in similar ways before.

And the biggest lol in your post is that if you have already been playing the game you would have exalted reps fro the Allied races. The only reason why people don't have exalted rep is because they haven't been playing the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    I'm talking about new players not me.
    New players didn't have a level 55 for death knights which you said everyone already had. So no you weren't talking about new players.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It takes more work to level to for a death knight during Wotlk then it does to grind out AR rep. It isn't different and you know it. They have locked these types of things in similar ways before.

And the biggest lol in your post is that if you have already been playing the game you would have exalted reps fro the Allied races. The only reason why people don't have exalted rep is because they haven't been playing the game.

- - - Updated - - -

New players didn't have a level 55 for death knights which you said everyone already had. So no you weren't talking about new players.
    By lock you mean play the game get to 55 and than swap over to a death knight. With the current system you need a level a character to max than level the new races and also have to do it on two faction that's way different...
    Violence Jack Respects Women!