Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[BFA] What Spells Moonkins Are Still Missing imo

What's still missing / should be changed back:

Cata / MOP: Starsurge on procc+Mushrooms+Starfall, Hurricane, Nature's Grasp, Mark of the Wild

Legion Rotation is really boring, way better than WOD though. Cata/MOP was the best time for moonkins design wise imo

Despite being potentially boring, I do like the reliability of damage output in Legion. I personally didn't like most of the moonkin package in Cata/MoP, but that's really a personal opinion. My least favorite class designs are ones that solely rely upon procs in order to work well, and anyone with OI can see how the RNG associated with the procs vastly changes your DPS output pull to pull. I also dislike class designs that are unnecessarily complicated just because they can be. I think the next place for moonkin would be more interesting interactions with the current toolkit.

I wouldn't really lump this into spells that are missing, but I feel like Lunar Strike is missing its spell potential right now. The only reason we really use Lunar Strike consistently is because it gets empowered by Starsurge (crazy haste levels notwithstanding), and we tend to spam Wrath for AoE because more Starfalls tends to outweigh casting Lunar Strike. If anything, I'd like Lunar Strike to have a more interesting interaction rather than the bastard brother of Solar Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Despite being potentially boring, I do like the reliability of damage output in Legion. I personally didn't like most of the moonkin package in Cata/MoP, but that's really a personal opinion. My least favorite class designs are ones that solely rely upon procs in order to work well, and anyone with OI can see how the RNG associated with the procs vastly changes your DPS output pull to pull. I also dislike class designs that are unnecessarily complicated just because they can be. I think the next place for moonkin would be more interesting interactions with the current toolkit.

I wouldn't really lump this into spells that are missing, but I feel like Lunar Strike is missing its spell potential right now. The only reason we really use Lunar Strike consistently is because it gets empowered by Starsurge (crazy haste levels notwithstanding), and we tend to spam Wrath for AoE because more Starfalls tends to outweigh casting Lunar Strike. If anything, I'd like Lunar Strike to have a more interesting interaction rather than the bastard brother of Solar Wrath.
    I always advocated removing wrath off empowerments and making it a system where each point of astral power spent reduces the cast time of lunar strike by a % and increases its damage.

Shooting stars proc would give you a free full proc of it. So essentially you have a lunar strike bank for mobility and extra oomph of burst while starsurge still remains our big hit spell as we bake the damage of empowerments we discarded back into it.

Alternatively give each wrath cast a stacking empowerment for lunar strike as I mentioned above. Increase the cleave damage of lunar strike. Shooting star proc is still made baseline and grants full stacks of empowerment to make lunar strike instant and hit harder.

This would massively help balance druid's mobility heavy fight damage output and give an extra source of snap burst.

I really liked in early legion beta when starsurge hit like a truck and we were one of the best classes for priority target burst damage.

I really don't like this primarily meaningless are starfall padding while being beyond horrendous on priority and single targets.

IMO im gonna my little flying wolf going towards mobs while casting and im gonna miss full moons!! The current legion rotation isnt super fun ill admit but im gonna miss the extra effects that made it cool to me =/

I'm quite anxious going into BFA on my druid - is full moon definitely gone? If it is I don't see how we'll get our astral power up high enough and I don't want to go back to 4 button pony

Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post
    I'm quite anxious going into BFA on my druid - is full moon definitely gone? If it is I don't see how we'll get our astral power up high enough and I don't want to go back to 4 button pony
    Right now its not in alpha. I cant see it going live without it. The spec is incredibly boring and slow without it.

without full Moon i Think Im gonna go back to SP. Even though they look shit aswell ������

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Right now its not in alpha. I cant see it going live without it. The spec is incredibly boring and slow without it.
    Weird, I could have sworn I saw it becoming baseline in the leaked spell changes a couple weeks ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Weird, I could have sworn I saw it becoming baseline in the leaked spell changes a couple weeks ago.
    We had next to no mechanical changes. I think replacing Displacer Beast with Tiger Dash is the only actual change that isn't simply a damage tweak.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Think this might be the first time since classic that I won't level my druid first then. Either that or roll feral :/

Its week1 of alpha calm down. They don't work on all specs at the same time, Boomkin looks like one of the specs they haven't even though about yet.

i loved cata monks because they didn't exist

Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient One View Post
    i loved cata monks because they didn't exist
    I think you got the wrong thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Its week1 of alpha calm down. They don't work on all specs at the same time, Boomkin looks like one of the specs they haven't even though about yet.
    Typically in the past, we were all calm and thought significant changes would come towards the end. To find they didn't come at all. It really does seem the squeaky wheel gets the grease these days.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Honestly going to miss full moon. It actually forced you to pay attention to the moons and your astral power.

Would also be nice if Fury of Elune is viable. Really liked the playstyle, even though it's clumsy for sure. Felt like skill aka energy management mattered. sad the spell was completly abondoned.

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Typically in the past, we were all calm and thought significant changes would come towards the end. To find they didn't come at all. It really does seem the squeaky wheel gets the grease these days.
    Yes, I understand that mentality but they have done literally 0 changes to Balance outside of removing Displacer Beast and the Artifact. Wait till they actually give you something to give feedback on, of course astral power is going to feel like shit when you lose 20 passives and Full Moon and don't get any changes to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Yes, I understand that mentality but they have done literally 0 changes to Balance outside of removing Displacer Beast and the Artifact. Wait till they actually give you something to give feedback on, of course astral power is going to feel like shit when you lose 20 passives and Full Moon and don't get any changes to compensate.
    Well, it does have the advantage that we can just unequip our artifact on live to simulate the BfA playstyle.

Balance is gonna feel so shit without MoonMoon giving us something to look after and some reasonable pace for AsP generation :/

Not just moonmoon.

Visually as well.

They're such fucking idiots. Same with shadow priest.

Losing all our visuals, from the moon spells to the flying goldrinn off starsurge.

Shadow priests got theit void torrent turned into a fucking talent, lost the tentacles proc from artifact and sphere of insanity as well.

This feels like a repeat of the warlock pruning, now taking away our artifact procs, spells, and visuals, and turning them into competing talents because they're such lazy shits that can't design new talents and give us our artifact effects baseline.

Always the path of least resistance with them.