We were here too

short coop game with puzzles to solve in a spooby setting. Graphics are very good. Some of the puzzles were more straight forward than others and one or two of them we had to google. The game has an ingame walkie talkie mechanic but honestly we just skyped up which is defo cheating.

Would recommend if you're playing with a friend and wanna change it up a bit for an hour or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
    The game has an ingame walkie talkie mechanic but honestly we just skyped up which is defo cheating.
    Skype isn't cheating - at least, communicating with Skype isn't. MAYBE sharing screen, but even still... (I've played the first game, haven't played the second yet.)

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Skype isn't cheating - at least, communicating with Skype isn't. MAYBE sharing screen, but even still... (I've played the first game, haven't played the second yet.)
    Well cheating as in bypassing the limitation of only being able to talk to your partner in specific spots. If we were to use the walkie talkie I imagine we could have only spoken to each other 40% of the time compared to skyping. Sharing screens was defo a no no though.

Walking dead : A new frontier 8.5/10

More of the same which is great. alot of tough decision and nice to follow Clem on the sideline instead of a center role. looking forward to season 4

Slay the Spire 8.5/10

Awesome additing game.. need more classes and bosses but definatly a game i will pump many hours into

Star Wars the old republic 8/10

Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Solid 8/10. Would be higher but there were constant crashes to desktop. Save points were so amazing that i was never more than minute of gameplay from the point where crash occurs.

Game is great representation of internet witch hunt.

Nier Automata 9.5/10

I went in only knowing about the amusement park level, the music, and that the camera changes to different game styles.

I played through path A thinking, yeah the game was ok, I liked the ending, it was kind of short. Then got the message saying there's more, but I only expected a new game + where I can play it again with the same inventory. I started my file again wanting to get the side quests I missed, and it was different... I had no idea I was going to play different characters or that the story even continued after that.

Had a blast playing through it almost 100%. I wish I could play it for the first time again.

The .5 is just for minor gripes that the internet would get mad at me for lol

Owlboy

7/10 Pretty decent little platformer fun mechanics...kinda short and a little easy but beautiful story

Vermintide 2 beta, got to lvl 9 on Wood Elf last night and i love it, 9/10 gonna be the coop game for a while. Best part it's going to have full mod support this time, so it's gonna live for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divinity Original Sin 2.

Like the first one, 10/10, great game, made even greater by a developer that allows it to be modded.

I miss the days when most PC games had mod tools, especially on the AAA shooters like Battlefield (unfortunately mods were killed off after 2/2142, franchise just hasn't been that good since)... Wish we still had that.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Been a while since I posted here. Not been able to play much retro recently which I kind of enjoy posting about in here. But I've started up again since I've booked a week of work (stress getting to me eheheh and I was owed a week) but anyway....

Final Fantasy 6 (SNES) 8/10

After having a proper play of it again recently I can understand why some consider it the best of the FF series. Personally for me that will always be 5 but my god for a SNES game this really pushes the boundaries. In terms of Gameplay, what the console can do, the story and the music.

The graphics are actually very nice for a SNES game. Similar layout to how 4 and 5 was done but with better quality. Although while the Mine Cart part is really fun it does look a bit off even for a 16 bit game. The best graphics in my opinion are the Alexander Summon and Bahamut Summon. Absolutely gorgeous.

Music is just all around amazing. Nobuo Uematsu literally went all out on this game and you can tell. Dancing Mad is arguably one of the best songs in the series as well as the character themes. Specifically Relms theme. Another good piece of music is the Warring Triad battle theme.

Gameplay itself is traditional series FF style. ATB, Magic and Summons. I do like how they still tried to keep each individual character as it's own job. Celes being a Rune Knight, Edgar being the Machinist, Sabin being the monk and so on. However my favorite character has to be Setzer. Love the gambler playstyle and his character in general is quite cool.

Overall while I don't believe it's the best FF game in the series or not in my top 3 I still think it's a game worthy of recognition and one that every FF fan should try. Or people new to the RPG series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Battle Chasers: Nightwar. I've put it all in a spoiler because I'm basically giving a run down and review of it, so you don't have to look at it if you don't want to.

It's a turn based RPG (The turn system is identical to Final Fantasy X - you have a bar on the side with the character/enemy portraits showing whose turn is when, and you can change the order through Haste buffs and static turn boost abilities (either positive or negative)).
    The combat is fun and challenging at points. You have 6 characters to level, and the battle party consists of 3 members - but it's pretty easy to boost characters that fall behind by slotting them with 2 higher levels. The XP yield seems to favor the lower level character more by giving them a bigger cut - meanwhile, if you have 2 low lvls and a high lvl, the 2 low lvls seem to lvl much slower.

Each character has an ultimate weapon which is crafted, but you gather the parts through bosses and hunts (yes, kinda like FFXII hunts, but there are only, like, 6 or 7 of them).

The art style is very nice to look at. Battle Chasers itself is a comic series created by the guy who was creative director for Darksiders. So thats the kind of art style the game has. Comic/cartoony 3D.

And the Dungeons are randomly generated. I know, I hate randomly generated dungeons with a passion. I was drawn away from Diablo 3 because of it. But Nightwar's RG Dungeons didn't really bother me. IDK why. You can select the dungeon difficulty before entering, and in return you get a loot chest for completing it, which gives incentive to re-run dungeons (every dungeon is repeatable for loot and XP).

And lastly, the world map is... So, think of it like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (I haven't played the original Tactics, so IDK if it's like Advance). You have the world map as like a cartographic representation of the world. And you have these spaces dotted around which are connected via roads which your party runs along. Enemies do the same. and you can run into them on the map which causes and encounter. Some are empty, some have loot on the side, and some spaces are for buildings/dungeons/gates.

I score it a 9/10.
    It's a beautiful and fun game. If you liked Darksiders, you'll enjoy this game. It's gorgeous to look at, the designs are nice. Combat is challenging (especially some certain bandits in airships that appear at points) in places. The level cap isn't bad (lvl 30, and you get your Ult weapon at 27 or 28 iirc.)
    Each character has a cool niche (eg: you've got a healer who heals through direct healing, and also damaging, and a tank who has light armor, but uses evasion boosts on her abilities, etc.).

My only gripe (and what stopped me from giving it a 10/10) is the loading times for battles. It's really frustrating at times.
    You encounter an enemy. The screen shatters (kinda like FFX encounters), and this skull motif appears from the shattered part, with a loading bar underneath. The speed depends on how many enemies it has to generate, I think. Because multi-wave battles can take ages to load.
    Last edited by Auxis; 2018-02-26 at 12:51 PM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Just replayed the entire Mass Effect Series (1-3) and Andromeda - I rate it a 8/10.

I just love the series so much, the characters, the setting...everything.

The only reason I can't rate it 10/10 is because 1.) I can't stand the combat in ME1. and 2.) The facial animations in Andromeda initially were really off putting, and I'm one of the few people (it seems) who absolutely loved Andromeda. The characters were a little bland (compared to the original trilogies companions) and the story could have been longer, but the combat was amazing and the game looked beautiful.

7+ Year Old Account
    Darkest dungeon 10 out of 10.

Great game and great mods with many more classes to play which alter the playstile (in a good way).

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warframe: Plains of Eidolon

9/10 style
    9/10 graphics (Unreal Engine 3, so lots of pretty lighting effects)
    7/10 sound
    13/10 berzerk-speed wall jumping, speed sliding, air gliding, visceral fps shooty combat
    6/10 melee combat (even though melee is the endgame meta due to melee scaling better with endgame mods)
    -1/10 Ordis' sense of humor (hes your ship AI)
    3/10 ingame store currency (though everything technically can be earned ingame, the grind is real so most go to the store.)
    10/10 for steeeeeep learning curve. Gearing/crafting in this game is far deeper than your average mmo, let alone any FPS ive ever seen.
    10/10 for player population. (According to Steam's stats page, the game routinely has 35-40 thousand concurrent players at peak and 20-25k on off-peak hours.)

Started playing Warframe again now that they have had the massive game systems overhaul and the Plains addon. The game is F2P. It is also still technically in beta, so things are still evolving, but it is a polished, very fast paced, very fun shooter with a surprisingly deep gearing system that revolves around player crafted gear. If you choose not to use the player store to get the ingame currencies for upgrades and gear blueprints you are in for a substantial grind, but you still have access to everything via player trading. And to be honest, the game is still going to be a grind even for those who do use the store. But the combat is genuinely fun so its not that big of a deal.

Each "Warframe" suit only has 4 skills, but you use modifier cards to dramatically tune how those skills perform. Guns and melee weapons are also modifiable via the mod system.

Be warned though that the combat is fast paced, twitch-oriented, and pretty unforgiving for those with poor reaction times or slow ping. Those with slow connections will see some very nasty desync in group squads. Especially if the player hosting the instance happens to be located on the other side of the globe irl. Squad matchmaking is painless, easy to do and largely automatic. Most maps can be done solo with no problem, though certain map types will be more difficult solo due to the objectives being spread out over large areas.

This is not a pvp game. There are a couple of pvp modes, but they are almost completely ignored by the masses.

Edit:

For those of you who are Metacritic zombies, note that the reviews for this game are dating back to 2014 when the game was in a much earlier version of beta and far less polished than it is now.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2018-02-27 at 02:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Darkest dungeon 10 out of 10.

Great game and great mods with many more classes to play which alter the playstile (in a good way).
    This was something I was so hyped over but the controls on ps4 were horrible. I might have to try pc at some point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    This was something I was so hyped over but the controls on ps4 were horrible. I might have to try pc at some point.
    Yeah on PC it´s really easy to play you can move with the keyboard or the mouse so you can vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Warframe: Plains of Eidolon

9/10 style
    9/10 graphics (Unreal Engine 3, so lots of pretty lighting effects)
    7/10 sound
    13/10 berzerk-speed wall jumping, speed sliding, air gliding, visceral fps shooty combat
    6/10 melee combat (even though melee is the endgame meta due to melee scaling better with endgame mods)
    -1/10 Ordis' sense of humor (hes your ship AI)
    3/10 ingame store currency (though everything technically can be earned ingame, the grind is real so most go to the store.)
    10/10 for steeeeeep learning curve. Gearing/crafting in this game is far deeper than your average mmo, let alone any FPS ive ever seen.
    10/10 for player population. (According to Steam's stats page, the game routinely has 35-40 thousand concurrent players at peak and 20-25k on off-peak hours.)

Started playing Warframe again now that they have had the massive game systems overhaul and the Plains addon. The game is F2P. It is also still technically in beta, so things are still evolving, but it is a polished, very fast paced, very fun shooter with a surprisingly deep gearing system that revolves around player crafted gear. If you choose not to use the player store to get the ingame currencies for upgrades and gear blueprints you are in for a substantial grind, but you still have access to everything via player trading. And to be honest, the game is still going to be a grind even for those who do use the store. But the combat is genuinely fun so its not that big of a deal.

Each "Warframe" suit only has 4 skills, but you use modifier cards to dramatically tune how those skills perform. Guns and melee weapons are also modifiable via the mod system.

Be warned though that the combat is fast paced, twitch-oriented, and pretty unforgiving for those with poor reaction times or slow ping. Those with slow connections will see some very nasty desync in group squads. Especially if the player hosting the instance happens to be located on the other side of the globe irl. Squad matchmaking is painless, easy to do and largely automatic. Most maps can be done solo with no problem, though certain map types will be more difficult solo due to the objectives being spread out over large areas.

This is not a pvp game. There are a couple of pvp modes, but they are almost completely ignored by the masses.

Edit:

For those of you who are Metacritic zombies, note that the reviews for this game are dating back to 2014 when the game was in a much earlier version of beta and far less polished than it is now.
    Warframe is fun. It has a good community too. I had some higher level people help me out a lot. I need to return to it sometime. I miss my beloved rhino prime frame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got around to Horizon Zero Dawn

Yeah no way in hell was this a game of the year contender in my opinion, even compared to BOTW which also really was over hyped

easily a 3.5/4 out of 5. Quests coulda been more engaging, combat coulda been better, progression coulda been better, etc, etc. Horizon Zero Dawn 2 can be great though.

Kirby Star Allies. 6/10

It's a good platformer and would be pretty good in co-op mode, but as a solo player, the levels are just too generic. The AI system seems to be pretty damn decent though, all of your CPU characters are pretty proactive about protecting Kirby. Main reason for the 6/10 score is that I'd be happy to have bought it for $30-40, but it's just not worth the full price.

I'll be returning it later this week, have some friends with kids who might enjoy it for a few days.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.