Page 22 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    snip
    Except unlike the Sun Cows there are Zandalari Warriors who wield the light like Paladins...there has been lore around them since Vanilla.

Guys, what is right and holy isn't a fixed universal value, smashing in orc faces is a righteous act for some (as long as the means justify the end in their eyes)
    yep and this is the reason because we use the word zealot. your candy vision of this w3 hypotetical paladin isnt nothing more that zealot for undead and orcs. in the same way zandalari for human are nothing more than zealot, but protector of weak and innocent for zandalari society.
    the right thing of warcraft about paladin is that blizz rejected the d&d archetype "they are good because reason" and go for the zealotry way: fighter that embrace in themselves their religion (more complicated for initial belf but whatever)

paladin has to remain special
    hit & run posting lol

They can become priests but not pallys omegalul
    (Same with undead)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Deleted
    I hope they end up changing their minds and gives zandalari paladins or DKs at the very least.

Just because a lore atrocity happened before doesn't mean it has to happen again
    You do know every race paladin has different forms of light right? Humans are more religious, Draenai use the naruu, Blood elves use the sunwell (a form of arcane magic blessed by the naruu). Your lore is the biggest loop whole of them all.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You do know every race paladin has different forms of light right? Humans are more religious, Draenai use the naruu, Blood elves use the sunwell (a form of arcane magic blessed by the naruu). Your lore is the biggest loop whole of them all.
    No they do not have different forms, just sources. Draenei and humans call upon the Light directly... Naaru are simply companions and guides to the draenei who introduced them to it, they aren't the source of their Light. Blood elf paladins do indeed get it from the Sunwell (which consists of arcane and Light energy). The Zandalari have no direct or indirect access to the Holy Light. It would be nice if you yourself knew what you were talking about before you start slinging ironic mud at people

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    yep and this is the reason because we use the word zealot. your candy vision of this w3 hypotetical paladin isnt nothing more that zealot for undead and orcs. in the same way zandalari for human are nothing more than zealot, but protector of weak and innocent for zandalari society.
    the right thing of warcraft about paladin is that blizz rejected the d&d archetype "they are good because reason" and go for the zealotry way: fighter that embrace in themselves their religion (more complicated for initial belf but whatever)
    Give me an example of a Zandalari fighting for the weak and innocent. Because with that logic every playable class is someone who fights to protect those who can't do it themselves, even though a lot of people fight for personal glory or their nation's.

Aaaand again... the trolls do not use the Light. No Light no paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Except unlike the Sun Cows there are Zandalari Warriors who wield the light like Paladins...there has been lore around them since Vanilla.
    Where?

Look, guys, if Zandalari WERE Light-wielders, Blizz would have given them the paladin option
    Last edited by mmoc5d54ba8d79; 2018-02-11 at 09:23 PM.

if you actually read the lore yourself especially the Chronicle vol 1 and listened to what had been said at Blizzcon you would know and remember two key words - noble but savage. They are definitely NOT totally different as you said. yes, they are different, learned and cultured, but definitely not noble in the same way your goody Uther-like humans are.

Rogues are the same important part of any military even in it's nascent state as warriors and hunters. Again,this class fantasy fits in with Zandalari and troll overall fantasy much better than paladin.

Warlocks are present among the other tribes that evolved from Zandalari not vice versa. So what would be the reason for zandalari to abandon the hex ways they learned and found powerful?

I don't say that paladins are completely not fitting zandalari race fantasy. I am reminding you that they are first of all trolls and only then zandalari.
    Datamined broadcast text from Zuldazar zone:

I never be settin' foot on Zandalar before. Zuldazar be more grand than anythin' I be believin' before today. Watchya back, mon. The Zandalari may be lookin' prim' n' proper, but they still be trolls. Troll society be unforgivin' to those that be seen as weak.

Can you say the same about the races who can play paladin? humans, dwarves, tauren, blood elves? no, you don't. none of them stayed as close to their primal, ruthless, survivalist roots of origin than trolls and especially Zandalari.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    An'she was not made up just to get Tauren Paladin's.

http://www.wowhead.com/object=177207/mists-of-dawn

They worship the Sun but because of their relationship with Night Elves, they moved more to worshiping the moon solely. The Paladins and Priests came into being because they felt the Tauren lost balanced in their faith, and focus worship on An'she.

This scroll been in the game for a while now and predates Cataclysm.

---

The Zandalari we fight are the offshoot not the ones we recruit. It is likely the Paladin aspect is just part of that unplayable faction.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

No they do not have different forms, just sources. Draenei and humans call upon the Light directly... Naaru are simply companions and guides to the draenei who introduced them to it, they aren't the source of their Light. Blood elf paladins do indeed get it from the Sunwell (which consists of arcane and Light energy). The Zandalari have no direct or indirect access to the Holy Light. It would be nice if you yourself knew what you were talking about before you start slinging ironic mud at people

Give me an example of a Zandalari fighting for the weak and innocent. Because with that logic every playable class is someone who fights to protect those who can't do it themselves, even though a lot of people fight for personal glory or their nation's.

Aaaand again... the trolls do not use the Light. No Light no paladin

Where?

Look, guys, if Zandalari WERE Light-wielders, Blizz would have given them the paladin option
    you think that all zandalari are fighters? like human, civilian zandalari are weak and the fighter caste(?) fight for them.
    and anyway the discriminant for being paladin isnt being a mary sue but an enbodiment for his light aligned religion
    and
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=139223/judgment-of-the-loa
    is exatly this.
    they have clearly a connection with light thanks some loa

Quote Originally Posted by Atalai View Post
    i
    Can you say the same about the races who can play paladin? humans, dwarves, tauren, blood elves? no, you don't. none of them stayed as close to their primal, ruthless, survivalist roots of origin than trolls and especially Zandalari.
    Who said that Paladin can't be ruthless? Scarlet crusade certainly aren't goodie two shoe, and neither were blood knights.
    As for survivalist trope, I guess it fits Darkspears more as it was them that were forced to adapt in order to survive. Zandalari empire is still doing quite fine, in a meaning that it's still standing.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

I don't want Zandalari pallies unless a toggle is implemented that changes spell icons and names for them. I mean, this is the reason I can't bring myself to play Sunwalker.

Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    I don't want Zandalari pallies unless a toggle is implemented that changes spell icons and names for them. I mean, this is the reason I can't bring myself to play Sunwalker.
    I'd love to have individual skills named for each different race.

This isn't half as disappointing as Zandalari druids being made to transform into bears and cats, to be honest.

I actually think blizzard doesnt care about Zandalari lore if it suites paladins. All they see are troll who can be paladins. To them, they think it's weird.

In an expansion that will focus heavily on faction identity, Blizzard is doubling down on "Paladins are for Alliance, Shamans for Horde." Maybe next expansion they will ease up and give these classes to more races.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

To the people saying the Zandalari don't have access to the light: where is the outrage over them being priests? Ironically, our ONLY examples of the Zandalari in game use the Light and Shamanism, but never the Void or Fel magic (not saying the lore doesn't exist for it, just that we haven't ever seen it in game).

To me, based on what a paladin is, it doesn't make a ton of sense for races that have access to both priest and warrior to not be able to be paladins. But even if you put that aside, Zandalari paladins have been suggested since vanilla.

Blizz gone did fuck up.

Why are the horde so upset at not having Zandalari Paladins? Stop taking away the Alliance's iconic class. Bad enough There's Blood Elves and Tauren running around.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    Why are the horde so upset at not having Zandalari Paladins? Stop taking away the Alliance's iconic class. Bad enough There's Blood Elves and Tauren running around.
    we will stop when the alliance stop taking way the horde iconic class too, stop being hypocrite

also, of course we are upset, since the lore support and would help to dismiss the number of blood elves in this game

Yeah I was so excited to see trolls running around in Gold plate armor and with the Ashbringer... and this totally fits their artstyle and all, because umm, muh Loa

/s