Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Well, it's actually the other way around... any other MOBA are copy paste of Warcraft 3 DOTA scenario isn't it?
    Isin't actually started from SC map called Aeon Of Strife or something?

You're just getting older and are not as impressionable as a little kid. /thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Isin't actually started from SC map called Aeon Of Strife or something?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_of_the_Ancients

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CSINada View Post
    Hi,

i am just wondering if i am alone in this opinion or if anyone else seeing thesame problem as i do. I was a hardcore Blizzard fan, every game they made i would buy it instantly without thinking because i knew this gonna be epic game. I was there at Starcraft, Diablo or Warcraft 2/3 releases as well as Vanilla WoW and Diablo 2 (not to mention all expansions they got) and so on. Now all those titles where legends in their times, something even till this time got a huge fanbase (thus remasters, classic servers etc)

Now keep in mind timeframe the games were released, fe. when WoW was first timer, there was nothing, literally nothing that would even remotly compete with this game, thesame goes for other titles, up in their times they were just a level higher then then other games in thesame genre. Everything in those games and their respective expansions were about content, gameplay, consuming your time in hours that seemed like minutes.

And now look at what we got recently from Blizzard, where is that spark, that WOW holy s**t i need to play this game that is something new and refreshing? Expansion after expansion since WOTLK its been thesame for WoW, some raids, some dungeons, rarely a new class and very rarly some really new content that wasnt there before (Legion had great concept but after all it ended like MMO Hack and Slash farm fest). Now stuff that gets promoted in next expansion isnt a new content, new gameplay, its new cosmetics, new aminations, LETS CHECK THAT /flirt /silly ON NEW ZAN ALLIED RACE! (dont get me wrong its cool if someone like it, but its not something that should be focus of expansion for gods love...)

As for their other recent releases HotS is just a copy paste of any other MOBA, any new patch are just a new hero and some new skins, just boring stuff.

Heartstone is just money mine that was poured with expansions as soon as they can.
    Starcraft 2 was huge fail and still after so many years since release its ages away from Starcraft Broodwar.
    Diablo 3? i think i dont need to write too much about it, we all know the disappointment especially with vanilla, deservly its now a dead game.

Only somehow good new title that comes to mind is Overwatch, i personally dont play shooter but i can see how hypedd this game is so i hope they wont fuck up their last saviour.

TLDR
    The games that Blizzard releases in recent years are far away from the standard epic and great games they used to deliver. Lack of talented people? Too much pressure from shareholders? Developers burnt out? No idea
    Such a simple question? Simple answer:

Activision Blizzard happened, which funnily enough happened before WoTLK ended, at which point they couldn't screw up wotlk cause It was already pre-planned ahead by blizz themselves.

As a giant blizz fan myself since Warcraft 3 I'd play WoW and later on starcraft quite alot.. mostly WoW. And since Cataclysm their expansions have been worse and worse, more and more did I notice things that just waste our time outright and give little to nothing In return, not to mention Cataclysm Introducing the store to buy freakin mounts Instead of... you know, EARNING THEM INGAME like I earned my Paladin Charger mount In Vanilla, now that's how you earn a mount.

So yeah, basically Activision Blizzard happened, which = Shareholders which = more concentration on money rather than a good game.

I mean look at Legion, It's the worst example of an expansion to date, yes worse than WoD In my opinion, It shows you how bloody desparate Blizzard are to waste your time, make you keep spending time doing boring "World quests" that are hilariously easy and meaningless, the lore that has gone to shite quite frankly and makes no damn sense anymore, make you spend that sub money and ontop of that spend money for transfers, race changes, server transfers, name changes, buying freakin level boosts? I mean just the level boost tells you they were like "Oh our leveling is bad since cataclysm... lets monetize on that rather than fixing It now, fix it later, monetize now while we can"

It's really that simple, since joining a giant corporation with shareholders they became corporate sods. When they were just Blizzard It was fine, they had only themselves to satisfie, now It's all about dem shareholders, shareholders. Once they leave Activision and are just Blizzard they'll become greater again.

Just remember, they are not Blizzard since 2008, 10 years, they are now ACTIVISION BLIZZARD. Never forget that.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...mes_played_im/

I think this explain pretty well what's wrong with HOTS. Yes maybe is popular, but is not profitable for Blizz as they wish for. HOTS right now is overshadowed by OW and i wouldn't be suprised, if more players might come to HOTS, when blizz may announce next OW hero.

About SC. Actually i agree here, RTS genre is gone and there is no chances to bringing it back. Yep there will be still some hybrids experimenting to reduce missions time on campaign like it is with World In Conflict, where instead of building bases, you might call for reinforcements.

But generally... I agree with OP. Ok you can burn me now for heresy.
    I think RTS can be salvaged once the MOBA bubble bursts, and I feel that may be coming with the next few years.

But nah, you're welcome to your opinion, not going to burn you at the stake lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still find excitement in Wow. Other games not as much because they just aren't my cup of tea. Most of the other blizzard games I buy and just play through once or pick up every now and again. Wow I play every day and have since launch. Is it entirely possible its more the player not finding the spark in the games than the games lacking spark? I personally get bouts of burnout but it goes away pretty quickly after playing other sub par games. Right now I raid on wow weekly log in daily to do something random, Play Warframe a couple days a week and PUBG with friends once or twice a week.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...kywall/rotomon
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and people's stupidity - though I am not entirely sure about the universe". -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    sound like you should see someone for that problem

BULLSHIT
    Everquest says hi.

And again BULLSHIT for example C&C says hi!

Sound like the problem is YOU who doent like rpgs! go and play something else?

then you are surely glad no one is forcing you to play it, eh?

So you claim to be a "hardcore" blizzard fan but as soon as these damn fools make some money they are EVUL right?

fixed your sentence there as you left out the most important part!

that sentence doesnt make any sense. btw you complained about wow being hack&slash and claimed to love d2 and you hate d3?....

no its just overfed guys who want everything good be toped by something better without realizing that this is not possible.

td;lr: its a YOU problem and not a BLIZZARD one.
    I really was hesistant to read your post after the start, while again failed attempt to insult (i see its popular on this forum) with i should see someone else for that problem, but i managed. First of all my friend i never wrote i hate any of these games, i never even wrote those were bad games, all i wrote they were not up to Blizzard standard in my opinion, secondly yes i actually except everything good to be topped with even something better, thats exacly point of this topic thats how it works in the world and thirdly if you compare Everquest to WoW, well sure you can have your opinion but im pretty sure you might be very lonley in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I think RTS can be salvaged once the MOBA bubble bursts, and I feel that may be coming with the next few years.

But nah, you're welcome to your opinion, not going to burn you at the stake lol.
    Problem with RTS is that its just much harder to play at competetive level, of course there is single player ascept but in RTS its mostly about matching yourself against others online. Now if you are new to gamming would you prefer to micro/macro sometimes even hunders of units / buildings at thesame time or would you prefer to control one character like in MOBA?

I think the level gap for RTS is just too high especially set by Koreans for new generations to be interested in, i really doubt its gonna bounce back

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Well, it's actually the other way around... any other MOBA are copy paste of Warcraft 3 DOTA scenario isn't it?
    True, but DOTA scenario wasnt made by Blizzard, so its still somehow a rip off, dont u agree?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    You're just getting older and are not as impressionable as a little kid. /thread.
    Might be true, but then i wouldnt enjoy so much other games and i have actually played a lot of those recently

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Are you mad? Legion is by far the worst crap Blizzard has ever created.
    Warlords of dreanor.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

All blizzard games that i know and have played still have the company's usual polish, i don't think you can dispute that really.

What changed imo were design options meant to keep up with times and everchanging playerbases, though i see it as a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Are you mad? Legion is by far the worst crap Blizzard has ever created.
    I don't even know where to start with this opinion. My mind is reeling that anyone could consider Legion to be the lowest quality thing that Blizzard has created.

In my opinion WoW is in it's prime, I have some small quirks like feeling that 7.3.5 was rushed a bit in favour of bringing out the Allied Races at that time, but that's a minor problem for me.

I don't care what others think ^^

Yes, what happened to Blizzard, that company that much such successful games right.

Oh right, Hearthstone.
    Oh right, Overwatch.
    Starcraft 2 was hardly on the same level of success. But still the biggest RTS.
    Diablo 3, not as successful. But I think they still beat their only rival PoE during d3's high point.
    HotS, don't think it beat LoL or Dota.

Seems like Blizzard is doing just fine.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Ever visited in-game WoW? Everyone i talk to, feels the same way that WoW is not as great as it used to be.
    Apperently only on this forum, WoW is still the biggest #1 MMORPG with only happy players.

Sorry but there are so many unhappy players around nowadays, it's rare to still find 1 actually proud to play WoW player.

I do 100% agree on the OP, Blizzard changed. For the worse.
    Back in the days they made games for the players, now they make games for the money.
    What a load of bull shit

I am in a server with a booming community, tons of active guilds that play to have fun. The fact that you can't seem to be a part of it speaks wonders about you and others like you.

I guess the game isn't the problem

Move on with your life. It's getting sad. (This is targeted at you and every other fansite goer that quit)

Quote Originally Posted by CSINada View Post
    Hi,

i am just wondering if i am alone in this opinion or if anyone else seeing thesame problem as i do. I was a hardcore Blizzard fan, every game they made i would buy it instantly without thinking because i knew this gonna be epic game. I was there at Starcraft, Diablo or Warcraft 2/3 releases as well as Vanilla WoW and Diablo 2 (not to mention all expansions they got) and so on. Now all those titles where legends in their times, something even till this time got a huge fanbase (thus remasters, classic servers etc)

Now keep in mind timeframe the games were released, fe. when WoW was first timer, there was nothing, literally nothing that would even remotly compete with this game, thesame goes for other titles, up in their times they were just a level higher then then other games in thesame genre. Everything in those games and their respective expansions were about content, gameplay, consuming your time in hours that seemed like minutes.

And now look at what we got recently from Blizzard, where is that spark, that WOW holy s**t i need to play this game that is something new and refreshing? Expansion after expansion since WOTLK its been thesame for WoW, some raids, some dungeons, rarely a new class and very rarly some really new content that wasnt there before (Legion had great concept but after all it ended like MMO Hack and Slash farm fest). Now stuff that gets promoted in next expansion isnt a new content, new gameplay, its new cosmetics, new aminations, LETS CHECK THAT /flirt /silly ON NEW ZAN ALLIED RACE! (dont get me wrong its cool if someone like it, but its not something that should be focus of expansion for gods love...)

As for their other recent releases HotS is just a copy paste of any other MOBA, any new patch are just a new hero and some new skins, just boring stuff.

Heartstone is just money mine that was poured with expansions as soon as they can.
    Starcraft 2 was huge fail and still after so many years since release its ages away from Starcraft Broodwar.
    Diablo 3? i think i dont need to write too much about it, we all know the disappointment especially with vanilla, deservly its now a dead game.

Only somehow good new title that comes to mind is Overwatch, i personally dont play shooter but i can see how hypedd this game is so i hope they wont fuck up their last saviour.

TLDR
    The games that Blizzard releases in recent years are far away from the standard epic and great games they used to deliver. Lack of talented people? Too much pressure from shareholders? Developers burnt out? No idea
    When Blizzard went from " Games by gamers for Gamers" to Games by corporate suits and lawyers for shareholders.
    They started losing their talent , and the replacements have been really Meh. Blizzard is a shell of what it once was. Same with Bungie, EA and others. Seems like the best games being produced now are by the small independent developers.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Deleted
    Why is this in the WoW General Discussion forum? Should be under ''general whining''

Ever visited in-game WoW? Everyone i talk to, feels the same way that WoW is not as great as it used to be.
    Apperently only on this forum, WoW is still the biggest #1 MMORPG with only happy players.

Sorry but there are so many unhappy players around nowadays, it's rare to still find 1 actually proud to play WoW player.

Back in the days they made games for the players, now they make games for the money.

There are still a lot of addicts on WOW, but its easy to see that its a shit Show now. Many of the fanbois and white knights on here just like to be contrarian and argue for arguments sake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    Why is this in the WoW General Discussion forum? Should be under ''general whining''
    I could not hear the Op whine over your whining

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    stock symbol ATVI, look it up and read analyst/quarterly news/reports, look at stock chart they are doing fine.

COD WWII, Destiny, Candy Crush

many of todays and now softened veteran players can not handle a classic WOW. many are pre-emptively whining for changes. i want my druid to tank, i want my ret OP, i want bottomless mana, spamlance, rejuvs etc. if blizzard concedes...it won't be classic WOW
    COD WW2 and Candy Crush. Not Destiny 2. That game was a steaming pile of shit from launch and has lost almost all its player base. Overwatch and HS are the Blizzard big money makers . WOW doesnt even get a mention in these reports anymore. This is why I think they have the game on maintenance mode and are only spending as minimal amount of resources as possible on the game. Besides what Young talent will want to work on a 14 year old game that cant show off their talents. WOW is where careers go to die now.

Yes, I play World of Warcraft. Everyone you talk to? On your dead, EU realm? C'mon, man. Do you know how this works? I don't think you do. You can't talk to twenty people and get a picture of how WoW is. You would need to talk to tens of thousands, if not a hundred thousand players to even get a relative amount of data to make this assertion. WoW is still the #1 MMORPG in NA. Do you know of another MMO that is bringing in more money that World of Warcraft in the Western world? Please, do tell.

You're one guy that probably talked to 5-6 people and they said they're bored with Legion, and you came here to pretend that information is on a large enough scale for you to say: "WoW is dying guysss!!"

Newsflash: You don't know jack about the state of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    On this forum full of people that do nothing but praise Blizzard even for their mistakes, I'm sure he actually is alone. you guys are delusional, it's sad, i hope you all get better eventually.
    You should fix your signature. It'll be the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    How old were you when you played the games you thought were clearly outstanding and epic? How old are you now?

Go around and ask other people what they did at those ages and how it compares for them. You have your answer.

Your chances to find someone who says what s/he did at 35 felt more epic or even as epic than what s/he did at 16 (for the same kind of activity) are very, very slim.
    Not true. I still feel the same excitement Building models and painting them now as I did 40 years ago. Same with reading , Fishing and Hunting. Age does not diminish that feeling. A bad product does

Deleted
    Blizzard is still an epic studio. Player base and genres changed. They adopted to that perfectly (Hearthstone, Overwatch).

WoW is like the old lady that is refusing to stop running Ofc its not refreshing after 13 years. It's still fun if you want.

It kinda feels like it would be about time for another MMO from Blizzard. But I think they realised that major money in future business models is not in classic MMOs. At some point they will suprise us again, I'm sure.