Page 27 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Missed View Post
    Try reading up about them before casting a judgement?
    I have, I still don't see it. And prelates and freethinkers were just a few in ToT. Maybe blizz can make up some lore for you guys later down the road. But for now they agree with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    I have, I still don't see it. And prelates and freethinkers were just a few in ToT. Maybe blizz can make up some lore for you guys later down the road. But for now they agree with me.
    Freethinker lore has been around since Vanilla...but if you want to talk about numbers I don't remember seeing hundreds of Sunwalkers running around, yet Blizzard pulled the Sun Cows out of their ass.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I've said it, before, I'll say it again:.

you must understand at this point almost everyone will just ignore and say it don't make sense because for then paladin is = human/alliance, and anything beyond that is a "lore abomination/aberration" and would break their headcanon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I've said it, before, I'll say it again:

Paladins have existed within WoW Lore for thousands upon thousands of years before the Silver Hand came along. The Draenei had Vindicators over 25,000 years ago on Argus. The "Noble Paladin riding a Horse in Plate Armor" is entirely a human/elf/dwarf thing.

Ages ago, they used massive Crystalline weapons. Their armor bore giant pink crystals. So all Paladins must wear pink!

See? The logic doesn't take.

So instead we must confront the fact that different cultures have their own way to express the same spells and martial talents. Meaning that any racial interpretation presented by the Developers, including Freethinkers and Prelates, is 100% VALID.

Regardless of what some Western Fantasy based on the Crusades implies.
    Draenei paladins are literally the same as human paladins... Noble Paladin riding an Elekk in Plate Armour. They share the same values, wear plate, use 2H weapons, use the Holy Light directly and ride an animal mount. They're just a bit more purple and crystal-y

Zandalari trolls have different values, are half naked and don't use the Holy Light. Your logic doesn't take

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Leonid Barthalomew and Sir Zeliek would like to say hello...

Undead Paladins...

There are even some Nelf Paladins...they don't look at the Light the way Humans do but they're around.

How more obvious is it that than with Sun Cows that Paladins aren't just about the Humans interpretation of the Light? Blood Knights got their power originally from siphoning a Naaru for fucks sake.
    So you're saying because ONE undead uses the Light (whilst being forced by the Lich King mind you...) means it is wide-spread amongst the Forsaken? Sound logic. Bartholemew isn't actually a paladin, just an undead who isn't evil.

There is one night elf paladin, who literally only came into existence in the last few months of the battle against the Legion. Again, with such insanely low occurences, you might as well let all races on all factions and be all classes...

Yeah and originally Blood elf paladins had abilities that set them apart from human/dwarf paladins with emphasis on bending the Light to their will and causing suffering with it. Zandalari paladins would have the exact same abilities as a human/draenei/dwarf pally.

Tauren paladins aren't actual paladins, they are sunwalkers. Blizz wasn't going to create that class, so they just made them pallies cus they were lazy. It is awful, doesn't do either faction justice and we shouldn't repeat it with the Zandalari

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Wow! Three ambiguous abilities on one mob that is part of non-playable Zandalari! Such irrefutable evidence
    Last edited by mmoc5d54ba8d79; 2018-02-12 at 07:49 PM.

No you didn't otherwise you would have noticed how a society thats strictly hierarchical, composed of a strong warrior caste and priesthood ruling over the simpleton is the PERFECT recipient for a warriorpriest class. Way better than cows and belvs by miles. Please read up about it next time before engaging.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Freethinker lore has been around since Vanilla...but if you want to talk about numbers I don't remember seeing hundreds of Sunwalkers running around, yet Blizzard pulled the Sun Cows out of their ass.
    Literally out of their ass

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    Draenei paladins are literally the same as human paladins... Noble Paladin riding an Elekk in Plate Armour. They share the same values, wear plate, use 2H weapons, use the Holy Light directly and ride an animal mount. They're just a bit more purple and crystal-y

Zandalari trolls have different values, are half naked and don't use the Holy Light. Your logic doesn't take

So you're saying because ONE undead uses the Light (whilst being forced by the Lich King mind you...) means it is wide-spread amongst the Forsaken? Sound logic. Bartholemew isn't actually a paladin, just an undead who isn't evil.

There is one night elf paladin, who literally only came into existence in the last few months of the battle against the Legion. Again, with such insanely low occurences, you might as well let all races on all factions and be all classes...

Yeah and originally Blood elf paladins had abilities that set them apart from human/dwarf paladins with emphasis on bending the Light to their will and causing suffering with it. Zandalari paladins would have the exact same abilities as a human/draenei/dwarf pally.

Tauren paladins aren't actual paladins, they are sunwalkers. Blizz wasn't going to create that class, so they just made them pallies cus they were lazy. It is awful, doesn't do either faction justice and we shouldn't repeat it with the Zandalari
    It's not a fashion show. The golden regal vibe of their nobility feels perfect for a selfrighteous warriorpriest class.
    You want warriorpriests to be humans only. It's a joke. It's like claiming I want troll rogues to have a specific set of skills that no one else shares.

So where would Zandy trolls get their abilities from? What deity of loa? Because so far there is none we know of.

- - - Updated - - -

Sunwalkers were in lore before blood elf paladin's. And prelate and freethinkers are really just generic terms for those npcs.

So where would Zandy trolls get their abilities from? What deity of loa? Because so far there is none we know of.

- - - Updated - - -

Sunwalkers were in lore before blood elf paladin's. And prelate and freethinkers are really just generic terms for those npcs.
    The same source that bestows their extremely powerful priests with their powers and have done so for the past few thousands of years?

Deleted
    There isn't one, Blizzard would have to make it up, hence why Zandalari cannot be paladins.

There isn't one, Blizzard would have to make it up, hence why Zandalari cannot be paladins.
    So where do their priest get their power from? You know we know fuck all about loa right?

Quote Originally Posted by Missed View Post
    The same source that bestows their extremely powerful priests with their powers and have done so for the past few thousands of years?
    I thought we were talking paladin's not priests. Priests deal with shadow also, so how do you justify that, if these trolls are not dark and mysterious?

You're so far the one that is ignoring the most crucial arguments. That Paladins are not by default noble. Turalyon was abusing light to inflict suffering on orcs because he believed that they deserved it and that they should be fought by principle.
    You also didn't address Scarlet Crusade at all.

Why? Because that doesn't add up to already established narrative that paladins are meant to be noble, just and totally flawless.

In game you're not using Light magic, but Holy Magic. Light of Loa is also Holy Magic, all troll priests that are being given powers from their deities are holy as well.
    So Zandalari prelates having their own order that has it's own rules totally fit. They have strict order and hierarchy , their city is made of various temples dedicated for their gods. To not have holy warrior type of class for them is just weird.

Well we also have Space goats that are using voodoo totems, dwarves that can HEX, all of alliance classes can call for spirit wolves when wolves are strictly associated with orcs.
    But hey, they can change - to raptor. Which is associated with trolls only, as it's the trolls that keep strong connection with those creatures.

How about Archangel spell? Or overall priest order hall - that should work just fine when there are various religions in wow. But let's homogenize them all.

So I believe that is the smallest issue here, as there is a big chance that spells eventually will be altered to fit racial lore. They already did a lot to make troll shaman combo great due to lots of glyph options to fit them.

And they already did change the cooldown on shamans so same spell has different icon and name on horde and alliance side.

except that it would fit much more Zandalari than Tauren, because Zandalari has their holy warrior caste that is much closer to what paladin originally was than sun druid. (which is nice idea but had very poor implementation), on top of that Zandalari already have access to various troll themed armors. They don't have to wear human-inspired gear.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Would be fine with it if they adjusted all the Paladin class gear to look more Trolly on Trolls. Do the same with Tauren paladins too. A Tauren in judgment is the dumbest shit ever. Give them some wood and feathers.

you were already given answer. But apparently you didn't like it. Asking the same question over and over in hopes of getting different answer will not work.

There are various Loa gods that can boost their champions. When it comes to holy school then the two examples I gave you work just fine.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

7+ Year Old Account
    i already said many times, you don't need to take the powers from anywhere, you just need faith in something and willpower to do so

if you have faith in a stone, you can summon the light, and said that stone is the holy saint stone of thousand names and third gods
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-02-12 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    you were already given answer. But apparently you didn't like it. Asking the same question over and over in hopes of getting different answer will not work.

There are various Loa gods that can boost their champions. When it comes to holy school then the two examples I gave you work just fine.
    So a spider god and a trex god, got it. Now try to convince blizz, just seems silly to me. But who cares what I think right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i already said many times, you don't need to take the powers from anywhere, you just need faith in something and willpower to do so

if you have faith in a stone, you can summon the light, and said that stone is the holy saint stone of thousand names and third gods
    blizz hasn't stated that. It is about holiness and light. If that was the case any race could be a Paladin.

I thought we were talking paladin's not priests. Priests deal with shadow also, so how do you justify that, if these trolls are not dark and mysterious?
    Whatever powers priests powers paladins.

Anyways gotta go real life stuff. Peace out everyone.

So a spider god and a trex god, got it. Now try to convince blizz, just seems silly to me. But who cares what I think right?

- - - Updated - - -

blizz hasn't stated that. It is about holiness and light. If that was the case any race could be a Paladin.
    No. Not any class. Any class that has powerful priesthood and a militaristic society. Basically put, any religious society that has some form of aristocracy.

7+ Year Old Account

blizz hasn't stated that.
    Without spoiling too much, we can tell you that wielding the Light is a matter of having willpower or faith in one's own ability to do it.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ask_CDev

It is about holiness and light.
    rofl

That's why there are evil paladins (for example, the Scarlet Crusade and Arthas before he took up Frostmourne)
    If that was the case any race could be a Paladin.
    not the same

These were just two examples to show you that Loa gods can give holy powers. I bet that Shirvallah (Loa of warriors) and Bethekk can do the same.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria