https://www.khinsider.com/news/Famit...and-More-11333

Famitsu details more info about KH3. KH Insider translated it and has the link to Famitsu's original article.

• As previously revealed, development of the worlds are split up into three different sections. The first round of worlds are around 90% complete, the middle round of worlds are around 60-70% complete.
    • Toy Story and Monsters Inc. are in the first round of worlds, alongside Olympus. Tangled is in the middle round of worlds.
    • There are roughly 10 worlds over the 3 parts, but it is unclear if that is just Disney worlds or all of the worlds in the game.
    • The Rare Heartless will be a giant-sized Japanese pudding themed Heartless. Co-director Tai Yasue says that there will be different fruit accessories that they wear.
    • The Giantland (Mickey and Jack and the Bean Stalk) segment will be implemented like an old LSI game. This is something that Nomura really wanted to put into Kingdom Hearts 3.
    • You will be able to customize the Gummi Ship with accessories. It is not like Kingdom Hearts 1 level of customisation, but more in tune with how you could accessorize Aqua in Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep.

Note: The symbols (I'm not fluent enough in Japanese to know whether they are hirigana or kanji) which were translated to roughly 10 is actually vague way of saying somewhere between 10 and 19, hence the roughly 10.

- - - Updated - - -

Renders and picture:

Riku and his new Keyblade:

King Mickey:

Sulley:

Mike:

Monster Sora with Monster's Inc. themed Keyblade:

Monster Donald:

Monster Goofy:

Giantland:

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Yet!... hopefully.
    It's osaka team. Don't hold your breath, babe.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    You're missing Birth By Sleep. It is literally unskippable if you want to understand the story. KH1, 2, BBS, and DDD are required to fully grasp the story. The others just fill in some of the blanks and are skippable. It also helps that these 4 are the best in the series, although nothing has topped KH2.
    BBS is probably the only KH game with a clear and intelligible story making it the best story by default.

DDD has better gameplay then KH2 by far, and the best in the series.

KH2 is overrated, I think people just have nostalgia glasses for it coming off the shit gameplay that was KH1. KH1 gameplay was so bad, that if not for the square and disney charm this series would have been RIP right then and there, so KH2 was instantly a massive upgrade in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

KH2 is overrated, I think people just have nostalgia glasses for it coming off the shit gameplay that was KH1. KH1 gameplay was so bad, that if not for the square and disney charm this series would have been RIP right then and there, so KH2 was instantly a massive upgrade in that department.
    Don't agree. Kingdoms hearts combat system was a big part of its success. It went into more a real action time while still being slightly*editted out* like the final fantasy series. You will find a lot of final fantasy fans in kingdom hearts and not just because the characters are in the game for a few scenes
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-02-12 at 11:26 PM. Reason: taking out keywords from triggering man children

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    Don't agree. Kingdoms hearts combat system was a big part of its success. It went into more a real action time while still being slightly turn based like the final fantasy series. You will find a lot of final fantasy fans in kingdom hearts and not just because the characters are in the game for a few scenes
    There is nothing turn based about KH1.

It's one of the jankiest action combat systems of all time. To the point where the action part doesn't even matter because hit boxes and hurt boxes where non existent so you cheese shit with block instead of actually using "action skill" to evade and do damage.

There is nothing turn based about KH1.

It's one of the jankiest action combat systems of all time. To the point where the action part doesn't even matter because hit boxes and hurt boxes where non existent so you cheese shit with block instead of actually using "action skill" to evade and do damage.
    I knew you would hyperbole my point to try prove yours. Nah theres no similarities to kingdom hearts and final fantasy combat at all /eyeroll

I knew you would hyperbole my point to try prove yours. Nah theres no similarities to kingdom hearts and final fantasy combat at all /eyeroll
    He's right though. There literally is no hyperbole.

KH1 was hack and slash with open environments.

FF1-X at the time all had turn based combat. Most of them the environments were generated depending on the area you were in.

How is turn based in any way similar to hack and slash?

Only 15 really has any similarities to the KH combat system. And the FF7 remake.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-02-12 at 11:01 PM.

You're right, KH1 combat is similar to FFXV and FFVIIR. ROFL.

15+ Year Old Account
    BBS is probably the only KH game with a clear and intelligible story making it the best story by default.

DDD has better gameplay then KH2 by far, and the best in the series.

Sorry, but osaka doesnt understand hit stun and revenge values like 2 which makes that game shine. Also 2fm has the most and best bosses

Gee I wonder where they got the idea for the combat menu

Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-02-12 at 11:04 PM.

No shit the combat menu/game has FF elements when it's a joint project by Square and Disney. What were they gonna let Disney design the UI?

But thanks for the laugh. Claiming the game has turn based elements because it uses a UI that is similar to games in the franchise. It has elements of a UI from a turn based game. Not turn based combat concepts.

Hack and Slash is not the same as Turn Based. Nor is it anywhere similar. You really are reaching at straws now.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-02-12 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Sorry, but osaka doesnt understand hit stun and revenge values like 2 which makes that game shine. Also 2fm has the most and best bosses
    The end game bosses in KH2 are just a snore fest, after that point of grinding the game literally plays itself. Similar to KH1 only with far less jank.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    No shit the combat menu/game has FF elements when it's a joint project by Square and Disney. What were they gonna let Disney design the UI?

Hack and Slash is not the same as Turn Based. Nor is it anywhere similar. You really are reaching at straws now.
    Thats why I said "It went into more a real action time while still being slightly turn based like the final fantasy series" maybe I shouldnt have included the words turn based, but it was clearly carrying over the final fantasy model. Should have known people would zone in one segment and fill in the blanks like they always do

Thats why I said "It went into more a real action time while still being slightly turn based like the final fantasy series" maybe I shouldnt have included the words turn based, but it was clearly carrying over the final fantasy model. Should have known people would zone in one segment and fill in the blanks like they always do
    The UI has similarities from games that are turn based. How is that in any small way turn based combat? I'll give you a hint. It isn't.

The game is hack and slash combat through and through with quick time events incorporated into some battles.

slightly turn based like the final fantasy series.
    This is what you claimed.

UI is similar makes something that is NOT turn based, "slighty" turn based? LOL.

There are no "turns" in KH. There is no "slight" "full" or whatever word you want to use to describe turn based in the game period.

This is what you claimed.

UI is similar makes something that is NOT turn based, "slighty" turn based? LOL.

There are no "turns" in KH. There is no "slight" "full" or whatever word you want to use to describe turn based in the game period.
    Notice how I said slightly?? I didnt say it was fully turn based. I dont know how to best describe the final fantasy menu, not my fault you get your knickers in a twist over tiny details

Ok and? Kingdom Hearts 1 was still a action based combat and Final Fantasy 1-X was turn based. Your argument makes zero sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Notice how I said slightly?? I didnt say it was fully turn based. I dont know how to best describe the final fantasy menu, not my fault you get your knickers in a twist over tiny details
    It wasn't slightly ether, Kingdom Hearts was full on action combat and final fantasy 1-X was turn base. It having a slightly same UI menu doesn't change this.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

But it's not even slightly.

Your statement is incorrect.

And to describe it would be command menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ok and? Kingdom Hearts 1 was still a action based combat and Final Fantasy 1-X was turn based. Your argument makes zero sense.

- - - Updated - - -

It wasn't slightly ether, Kingdom Hearts was full on action combat and final fantasy 1-X was turn base. It having a slightly same UI menu doesn't change this.
    No fucking shit its not turned based.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-02-12 at 11:31 PM.

No fucking shit its not turned based. Fuck people are annoying sometimes
    You are the one who said it slightly was. Not us.

Don't blame us because you described a game's combat system incorrectly.