Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    People here keep saying things like already having leveled to max level 30 times.
    And still they want to level a new character to... raid or to do PvP? And cry like pampered babies when it's a little bit tougher than the brainless faceroll that it used to be? They can't just use their 30+ characters already at max level, or close to it?
    I'm getting more and more convinced that those people indeed deserve to feel pissed. They and their attutudes are what's wrong in this game and the player population.
    It's not tougher or harder - it's just more time consuming.
    And what are you doing? Being toxic and whining about other people not agreeing with your standpoint.
    Talk about toxic.

All in all I think the changes are pretty good, except the fake "toughness".
    Maybe change the exp gains in dungeons a bit as well.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2018-02-13 at 10:40 AM.

I love the new leveling system. I think the speed is about spot on for questing. I've *really* enjoyed these last few weeks on wow, I've pushed 3 characters to 110, my fastest being just a smidge under 26 hours.

That being said, I do agree they could add in the extra heirloom slots for those people that want them, a small extra XP boost.

They could also boost the amount of XP gained from finishing a dungeon in LFD. The amount of quitters is pretty high atm thanks to people actually having to do a few simple mechanics. Reward people for sticking with it, not enough to make dungeons outshine questing as the best leveling method again, but enough that they feel more rewarding than they do now.

all in all though 7.3.5 has been a MASSIVE success for me. Best patch since... Early wrath?

What I've seen a lot as an argument against the leveling is "I have done the leveling 10-20 times, I don't want to do it again!"... But, if you have done it that much you probably have every class at max lvl? So you are complaining that it is harder now, to get multiples of the same class to max lvl? Why the fuck do people want 4 hunters? I don't get it. Play the damn 10 classes you have on max lvl, if max lvl is what you are after? For people who haven't leveled that much and don't neccessarily have every class in max lvl, this change is great. I haven't actually quested since before Cata, so all these quests are new for me. So to be able to do the areas I want until I am done with the zone is great. I tried leveling right before the leveling change and it was awful. I went to westfall, did maybe 5 quests and 1 dungeon and everything was green and I had to move on. So I ended up just afk-ing in stormwind, waiting for dungeon queue to pop. And by god the dungeons were awful. It felt like a max lvl was trying to boost me. If you are a caster you can just put follow on someone, you won't get off a single spell before the mobs are done. I like the dungeons now. One thing though, since the dungeons are harder and takes some time they should grant more xp, so that dungeon leveling is a viable option. Right now I am pretty sure questing is quite a bit faster and I totally understand that people want to dungeon lvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    People here keep saying things like already having leveled to max level 30 times.

And still they want to level a new character to... raid or to do PvP? And cry like pampered babies when it's a little bit tougher than the brainless faceroll that it used to be? They can't just use their 30+ characters already at max level, or close to it?

I'm getting more and more convinced that those people indeed deserve to feel pissed. They and their attutudes are what's wrong in this game and the player population.
    Keep rolling in your ignorant view of insults to people that enjoy different aspects of the game. There's plenty of things to enjoy in wow, some enjoy PvP(I think most hate it it seems) PvE(the majority) questing/Lore(also a lot of people) Roleplaying(I'm one of them)

I can enjoy 3 of them and hate the last. I don't enjoy questing, I don't see the point in it, other than to prolong the end game. It was fun the first time when I was a total idiot 5 years ago. Now 5 years later, and having done elwynn forest 11 times I can say this. Fuck that place, and all zones I've seen a dozen times. I just wanna play my class at raiding content and enjoy it.

If I cared about leveling I'd not complain about hierlooms and dungeons being nerfed.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    They could've atleast make it challenging instead of just boosting enemy HP and lowering player damage.
    Like telegraphed attacks, less RNG rotations.
    Now I'm just casting frostbolt 10 times on one tiny mob because RNG didn't favor me.
    I would also like to see that. NPCs with less health, more damage, and more interesting and meaningful attacks would be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    Keep rolling in your ignorant view of insults to people that enjoy different aspects of the game. There's plenty of things to enjoy in wow, some enjoy PvP(I think most hate it it seems) PvE(the majority) questing/Lore(also a lot of people) Roleplaying(I'm one of them)
    snip
    You're supposed to say "Uuuu anyone that doesn't agree with me is the problem in todays society/game/whatever" for maximum edge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aproydtix View Post
    I would also like to see that. NPCs with less health, more damage, and more interesting and meaningful attacks would be ideal.
    They're just target dummies now with flat damage you can't dodge.
    It's better then being oneshot dummies but Blizzard doesn't want to make challenging gameplay seemingly for non-max level.

Friend is leveling and just cruising along as fast as I did the last time I level'd a character. What's slowing her down is that she isn't playing every day, or regularly but she does, yeah, fast as hell, just like it's always been and that's someone new, so ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Yeah, traditionally that is true. But considering how much the game has changed, would it really be an insane idea to shift the genre of the game as well. Or at least open up the possibilites? Let those who wanna quest and level do it, let the pvpers only stay inside arena/bgs and let pveers never have to leave dungeons or raids.

I hardly think this would be the craziest development there is.
    The game hasn't changed drastically. It's still a mmorpg exactly like in 2004.

- - - Updated - - -

I already have every toon at cap, as of writing Im at 18 toons, 1 on each faction, this change doesn't effect me outside of my void elf I'll be leveling when they fix their horrid system, or getting boosted when I'm afk. I fully support the idea of scaling, its great, why would I be against it? It doesn't change anything for me at all, seeing as I'm not the target audience. What I do hate is nerfing dungeons and hierlooms for the sake of nerfing it.
    Erm... Yeah ok. I don't care who you are (2). Your opinion is based on your preferences. Can't get the game to change its core elements according to whether you like stuff or not. That was my point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did 20-110 in 45 hours, used Rapid Mind elixirs there. Without these probably would be 60 hours.

Overall, it was fine, but 60-80 is definitely the weakest link there. 80-90 IMO is perfect - how it should be, 90-100 is way too fast bonus objectives give crazy XP and so is 100+.

That said - I dread thinking about doing this without heirlooms.

Deleted
    The allied races probably made this more of an issue than it would've been for people with lots of characters. I'm sure most people with 20+ alts would also be interested in at least one of the new races, I know I was despite having max levels of everything. We've seen the quests multiple times, now we have to watch them in slow motion. It feels worse to me now than wanding without heirlooms as a priest back in the day, because back then it was fresh to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    People complain that leveling is too fast and inconsequential and that dungeons are too easy to level via

Blizzard changes that

People complain that leveling is too slow and that dungeons aren't a good enough reward of XP

/sigh
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I can enjoy 3 of them and hate the last. I don't enjoy questing, I don't see the point in it, other than to prolong the end game. It was fun the first time when I was a total idiot 5 years ago. Now 5 years later, and having done elwynn forest 11 times I can say this. Fuck that place, and all zones I've seen a dozen times. I just wanna play my class at raiding content and enjoy it.

If I cared about leveling I'd not complain about hierlooms and dungeons being nerfed.
    That's great. We're all incredibly thankful for your input.
    However, considering it all stems out from "I DON'T LIKE IT SO I WANT IT GONE" we are perfectly entitled to dismiss your point.

I wonder how new players will think about the leveling speed, I can guarantee you that a small % will make it to max level and that is NOT what you want when you want to attract new players, that is why there are boosts, it is a admission of failure when it comes to leveling. That by default mean it is also flawed with looms because you want to speed it up, however 40 hours or more is not really fast now is it? And people saying if you can only play 1-2 hours or 3-4 hours per week shouldn't play MMO's, shame on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Missed View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Erm... Yeah ok. I don't care who you are (2). Your opinion is based on your preferences. Can't get the game to change its core elements according to whether you like stuff or not. That was my point.
    You are posting like this, just to piss me off and others, I can voice my opinion and we can discuss/argus it. Saying you don't care who I am, is a way of saying I know he is right. But I refuse to say so. Why should anyone else then care who you are? Look at how many are buying stockades boosts, as its 10x faster than anything. Due to it being nerfed. People that spammed dungeons to level period didn't give a f about questing. And thus its a nerf to everyone that did it (so a bunch of people). We got a deep hard fucking without doing anything wrong. Now dungeons are in such a bad state, THAT NO ONE DOES THEM. Que up at any level that isn't 20-30 and notice the queue timer raises up to over 30+ minutes. Please tell me more about how good these dungeon changes are.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Missed View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, removing leveling would certainly be the biggest change of the game. But still, compare 2004 and 2018 WoW, and it's very different even though the leveling part remain the same.

I just find it frustrating, and this is not directed toward you specifically, that people dismiss the idea of removing leveling instantly. Change is naturally scary to many people, but to be so very, very conservative is not good either.

I fail to see many arguments why we could not change the leveling experience drastically or even remove it, other than "it's always been a leveling game". Clinging on to the past is not a valid point if you ask me.

Another example, take the Zelda games. They have changed drastically over the year, they have a 2D adventure game, a 2D sidescroller, 3D adventure games etc etc, and some games have been very linear and some have not. The latest addition Breath of the Wild is an open world game, that reminds me more of GTA or obviously Skyrim than previous games. Change has proved welcomed here.

Yes, Zelda is a franshise and WoW is a game, BUT since WoW is such a big game, with so much to do, it is more like "many games in one" than just one game. The change from Warcraft 3 to WoW was welcomed. It might be time for a new Warcraft game, but I don't think it's happening, so to chance WoW drastically and to make an inofficial WoW 2 within WoW is not crazy if you ask me.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    The allied races probably made this more of an issue than it would've been for people with lots of characters. I'm sure most people with 20+ alts would also be interested in at least one of the new races, I know I was despite having max levels of everything. We've seen the quests multiple times, now we have to watch them in slow motion. It feels worse to me now than wanding without heirlooms as a priest back in the day, because back then it was fresh to me.
    Well TBH, if it wasn't that they may as well have given heritage sets to everyone who frikkin' makes a void elf character or something.

Then you would see those blasted Void wings everywhere. This way it at least takes some effort to get.

They will keep pumping these allied races and heritage armors and I guess it cuts them time and thinking about acquisition quest they had to do otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Well TBH, if it wasn't that they may as well have given heritage sets to everyone who frikkin' makes a void elf character or something.

Then you would see those blasted Void wings everywhere. This way it at least takes some effort to get.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Any MMO on the market right now takes more time than WoW to hit max level even after the changes.
    Maybe because they have an actually interesting lore throughout the leveling ?

The Legion-BfA leveling is a complete mess and it's nearly impossible for a newbie to understand anything about what's going on. The narrative is completely screwed up by the amount of expacs.

Just level a Forsaken, at level 10 something you'll learn from Sylvanas that "following the defeat of the Lich King" wait what ?

Indeed there are a few MMOs with challenging/long leveling, but these are praised because the leveling is the best experience these games have to offer. In the case of World of Warcraft, the leveling is the tedious part, the game starts to be approximately interesting, depending on your point of view, once hitting 110 (soon 120). So yes, it should be rush-able without really caring about what's happening. If you're interested in the lore, unfortunately, you'll have to read books, comics or whatever, you won't find stuff ingame, except for the ongoing expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Yes, removing leveling would certainly be the biggest change of the game. But still, compare 2004 and 2018 WoW, and it's very different even though the leveling part remain the same.

I just find it frustrating, and this is not directed toward you specifically, that people dismiss the idea of removing leveling instantly. Change is naturally scary to many people, but to be so very, very conservative is not good either.

I fail to see many arguments why we could not change the leveling experience drastically or even remove it, other than "it's always been a leveling game". Clinging on to the past is not a valid point if you ask me.

Another example, take the Zelda games. They have changed drastically over the year, they have a 2D adventure game, a 2D sidescroller, 3D adventure games etc etc, and some games have been very linear and some have not. The latest addition Breath of the Wild is an open world game, that reminds me more of GTA or obviously Skyrim than previous games. Change has proved welcomed here.

Yes, Zelda is a franshise and WoW is a game, BUT since WoW is such a big game, with so much to do, it is more like "many games in one" than just one game. The change from Warcraft 3 to WoW was welcomed. It might be time for a new Warcraft game, but I don't think it's happening, so to chance WoW drastically and to make an inofficial WoW 2 within WoW is not crazy if you ask me.
    The game hasn't changed much at all actually.
    Yes what you're saying isn't crazy. Crazy would be saying stuff like "I eat a parrot on Christmas eve you maggot". It's just very very silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Maybe because they have an actually interesting lore throughout the leveling ?

The Legion-BfA leveling is a complete mess and it's nearly impossible for a newbie to understand anything about what's going on. The narrative is completely screwed up by the amount of expacs.

Just level a Forsaken, at level 10 something you'll learn from Sylvanas that "following the defeat of the Lich King" wait what ?

Indeed there are a few MMOs with challenging/long leveling, but these are praised because the leveling is the best experience these games have to offer. In the case of World of Warcraft, the leveling is the tedious part, the game starts to be approximately interesting, depending on your point of view, once hitting 110 (soon 120). So yes, it should be rush-able without really caring about what's happening. If you're interested in the lore, unfortunately, you'll have to read books, comics or whatever, you won't find stuff ingame, except for the ongoing expansion.
    Two things, first of all any genuinely new player gets free boost included in purchase. Secondly leveling story-wise in WoW is completely fine, many areas have a good story in them and the change makes it so you can't really outlevel story like before.

There certainly are things like when you quest you have some timeline issues, but what would you expect? Game is 13 years old with many expansiona and world changes gone and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Aproydtix View Post
    I've seen many posts complaining about how the new leveling system makes leveling take too long or mobs are too difficult.
    Yeah, sure, I can fully agree that there are a few quirks in the system, some level brackets are quite hard and some are really easy etc.
    That said, leveling doesn't take too long, not at all...

It took me less than 60 hours game time to level from 20 to 110 on my Void Elf Shadow Priest.
    What I had/did:
    - I did nothing but solo questing (except for WoD)
    - I had a full set of heirlooms, including two rings
    - I had all types of flying
    - In WoD I used the Garrison exp pot along with flying to pick up treasures and do the occasional Bonus Objective
    - In Legion I got to do one Invasion before reaching max level

So I basically did no grinding, glitching, or exploiting.
    I'm not saying that it doesn't take longer than it did before the patch, but it still doesn't take TOO long, this is still some of the fastest leveling we've had since the game first launched.
    It also feels like a breath of fresh air to do quests again, rather than spamming dungeon queues non-stop, and being able to stay in a zone until you feel like you're done with it is great, and also reduces travel time a lot.
    Welcome to vocal af people in general, it is the same minority on forums on the internet that also complained about when we had very hard dungeons at cata release before they got nerfed into the ground. They will complain about literally every single thing!

THERE IS NOTHING BLIZZ DO / DOES THAT WILL EVER SATISFY THEM! you cannot shut them up! report their posts instead so eventually they will reach a certain report posts amount that they can no longer ever again for a very long time. Post!