Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    before you all conclude that preach said this, because some random guy on a forum said he did.
    you should watch the whole video and hear exactly what he says, and why he says it.

I've seen this feedback from multiple testers. Too many artifact perks/abilities are missing or converted to talents when they should be baseline.
    <inactive>

Quote Originally Posted by egeszsegere View Post
    before you all conclude that preach said this, because some random guy on a forum said he did.
    you should watch the whole video and hear exactly what he says, and why he says it.
    I saw the video and he seemed to be actually quite into what he said. He maybe wrong at times but he seemed right in that classes are not done and in their current position they're just not fun. He even pointed out that it is Alpha. Most of the people replying here are likely fans of other youtubers or just hate youtubers in general. Hell many seem to attribute to him stuff you'd hear from Heels vs babyface or Asmongold with their constant bitching. Preach has been mostly positive about wow in Legion in his videos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I love grinding... for something worthwhile. Filling grains of sand in an hourglass? lol... Lazy development.
    So you're just someone that likes shinies like a magpie and doesn't care about gameplay. Fair enough but gameplay should come first and shinies should not be a relevent thing. Fun is fun no matter what's at the end.

I cant find anything wrong with what he said...
    "alot of classes lost alot of abilities and havent gained anything to replace them." - true
    "We are in green level gear and have minimal stats." - true
    "We do not have azurite armor and cannot reach level cap." -true.
    "This is very early and there just isnt alot to preview just yet." -true.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

So you're just someone that likes shinies like a magpie and doesn't care about gameplay. Fair enough but gameplay should come first and shinies should not be a relevent thing. Fun is fun no matter what's at the end.

I agree. And fully believe Classic/TBC/Wrath is far superior in gameplay than the last few expansions. And yes I love shinies. Especially those shinies that I earn through skill, preparation, and dedication. Not a legendary from a chest or a lucky Titanforged item. That is completely gross to me and why I no longer play WoW on Live.

I always find it weird how much fan forums and reddit hate on Youtubers and Twitch streamers. This isn't specific to WoW, either. Sure, I myself am not a fan of all of them, but someone making content you don't like doesn't make them an idiot. Chill out.

Deleted
    It's just odd to force a "boring" phase again in between expansion and before azerite gear just to eventually make the new stuff feel exciting. It looks like we are losing so much and gaining so little when we start leveling and playing the new expansion. I can't remember feeling less excited about a class i was going to play like this before. Yes we've lost stuff and been pruned before but every time for me at least the class i've played has changed enough to feel new.

i feel like only a few people watched the video....this thread has become a meme

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLove View Post
    It's just odd to force a "boring" phase again in between expansion and before azerite gear just to eventually make the new stuff feel exciting. It looks like we are losing so much and gaining so little when we start leveling and playing the new expansion. I can't remember feeling less excited about a class i was going to play like this before. Yes we've lost stuff and been pruned before but every time for me at least the class i've played has changed enough to feel new.
    like he said in the vid...its unfinished its really early alpha

i think people should be bitching about the people making CLASS PREVIEWS already

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    If every spec is terrible,

no spec is terrible.
    blizzard should hire this guy.

Off course they are dull, as dull as playing level 40 survival hunter, until you get all tools for your class it's going to be dull, because of design shift that happened LONG time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post

like he said in the vid...its unfinished its really early alpha

i think people should be bitching about the people making CLASS PREVIEWS already
    I watched the video. Ion also said that the threshold of keeping anything from the artifacts is very high. On top of that they themselves said that there are very few spec overhauls coming this expansion themselves.

Its fairly safe to say that without legendaries and artifact weapons no class is going to be more complex than with while on the pre patch and leveling. That lull phase is what i am talking about and it just feels odd.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Off course they are dull, as dull as playing level 40 survival hunter, until you get all tools for your class it's going to be dull, because of design shift that happened LONG time ago
    Except that the level 40 survival hunter is missing those tools, a lvl 110 isn't. Nothing new is coming after 110.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Oh no some irrelevant person said classes are not fun right now in an alpha. That must mean that everyone everywhere thinks the same as him!

listened to the vid, and it seems quite reasonable:

- Ion says 'we're not changing much', but lose the Artifact weapon and everything that came with it and the changes at the gameplay level are very significant, obviously for some specs more than others

- We're sure many things will be reintroduced (actually hoping is more correct), but that will not happen instantly, and the transition period could be rough. As it stands you might not like the gameplay feel at the beginning of the expansion

- Keep in mind that we might not have the full picture yet so negative reviews from testers should be taking in this context

Did I miss anything?

Has literally everyone skipped over the part where he mentions that all testing is currently being done in probably the worst gear possible and that is also going to be a large part of the problem?

Don't think i've seen anyone mention this once in between everyone insulting the guy.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    listened to the vid, and it seems quite reasonable:

- Ion says 'we're not changing much', but lose the Artifact weapon and everything that came with it and the changes at the gameplay level are very significant, obviously for some specs more than others

- We're sure many things will be reintroduced (actually hoping is more correct), but that will not happen instantly, and the transition period could be rough. As it stands you might not like the gameplay feel at the beginning of the expansion

- Keep in mind that we might not have the full picture yet so negative reviews from testers should be taking in this context

Did I miss anything?
    True, however feedback at every stage IS important and as a customer I want Blizzard to hear opinions such as 'the spec feels dull without the artefact spells as early as possible so they have some time to make changes.

If it turns out that the game play at the start of the expac is as lacklustre as it appears on the videos, I doubt I will continue to play. I don't fancy spending months accumulating tokens so I can enjoy the game again. I also want Blizzard to hear this, I've always avoided Beta testing but am tempted if I get the chance this time around.

this is probably the best video that sums up the situation

Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

It's just alpha... things will change
    It's just beta... things will change
    It's just the first week / month... wait for the tuning patch
    Never mind, things will be better in the next expansion

I swear people on this forum have the memory of a goldfish

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Except it didn't matter for Legion obviously, as they gave so very little Artifact power before 110, you didn't get a feel for the full class/spec at all.
    which is a bad design.

Leveling content, and leveling dungeons were tuned with it in mind, certainly no min-maxing like M+.
    How many times do I need to explain this is about feel, not performance before people stop saying this crap?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    He’s got a point. I play a WW monk and losing our artefact ability is gonna be fecking shit. I know we get a new talent option that offers a 3 chi generator but it’s not the same.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    How many times do I need to explain this is about feel, not performance before people stop saying this crap?
    Feel also includes stuff like golden traits. Which you certainly don't all get at 109 or below.