The biggest Sombra buff is Opportunist proccing at enemies below 100% health, it gives her a ton of vision and very easy shotcalling for positioning etc.

+5 seconds on the Translocator is really good too for flanking purposes, she's very likely to be really meta if this all goes live but it's still PTR.

I don't get the Tracer comment because if your MMR is below like ..Masters you probably haven't ran into a competent enough Tracer yet for that to matter, but most people aren't going to accept that anyways and will pretend their games are like the ones they see on Twitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of those matches where the game's played as it's meant to be, everyone gets through 3-4 heroes countering and repicking around each other's team keeping decent compositions, goes to four rounds, and nail a win in OT with a headshot on Mercy (albeit as Zen) while she's making a clutch res on Rein which could turn it. That's why I play this game.

I'll be honest, I did carry a couple of games against that guy, but he'd given me a hell of a time on Junkertown as Reaper so I was actually glad to get to play with him.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finally on my last 2 games to Diamond, curbstomped team with 5 minutes vs. their 0 minutes. All we need is one tick on first point. 1 minute in: Lost connection to game server. Internet stable, tried again and again and again. Kept getting lost connection to game server. End result, lets me on 10 minutes later with a 10 minute ban and 50+ SR lost to drop down to 2909.

Fuck this dumb ass system. It should know when their systems trigger a force out and should not penalize you for it.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Finally on my last 2 games to Diamond, curbstomped team with 5 minutes vs. their 0 minutes. All we need is one tick on first point. 1 minute in: Lost connection to game server. Internet stable, tried again and again and again. Kept getting lost connection to game server. End result, lets me on 10 minutes later with a 10 minute ban and 50+ SR lost to drop down to 2909.

Fuck this dumb ass system. It should know when their systems trigger a force out and should not penalize you for it.
    That royally sucks. Then again, I had my keyboard die the *MINUTE* a match of Comp started. So that was a nice way to
    start games that day.

And consider yourself fortunate. I've been TRAPPED between 2000 & 2100 this entire fucking season. The game utterly refuses
    to let me pass those numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post

Your hidden MMR isn’t adjusted with the penalty, so next win will probably make it all back up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Tonight better than last night. Strangest Hanamura ever, won round 1 pretty fast, so the premade decided to make a poor comp and over extend at the start of defence, we lost round 2 even faster.
    I always worry when I get those premades who are super excited, talking a ton in voice chat etc. they always seem to lose because they get cocky and don't pay attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I always worry when I get those premades who are super excited, talking a ton in voice chat etc. they always seem to lose because they get cocky and don't pay attention.
    Had the ultimate not-paying-attention 3 stack just now on Gibraltar while playing Mercy. On defence they let the Payload just go under the bridge while fighting from the high ground above it, then continued with a nightmarish lack of awareness when Moira, ulting, so not hard to miss, ran past 3 of them to chase me down. Not one shot at her, they all continued tunnelling whoever they were tunnelling, even on her way back from being so over-extended. Then on attack, they all split off in different directions leaving me to push the payload; then of course complained about the lack of healing... Urgh.

On the plus side did have 2-3 good games, somehow winning Dorado with a Valkyrie push the last 5 yards with an ulting Reaper while the rest of the team arrived in support followed by a stomp on Lijiang as Pharah.

Anyhow, couple of highlights last night. Those 'quick picks' people seem to want from Widow, the Junkertown one defence wasn't outstanding (I was accused of throwing and being tilted) but it turned out to be enough since our attack was absolutely on point; commencing from this: https://plays.tv/video/5a85fcc3b1dd8...rowing-tilted- which actually started with killing Zen with a headshot out the door. Twice. But okay.

This was from the awesome game I talked about last night: https://plays.tv/video/5a85fcfab9a40...int-widowmaker was an easy take from there.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2018-02-15 at 09:45 PM.

I'm so psyched for the Sombra buffs.

I am going to play nothing else.

@Jessicka

If you can play like that consistently you could climb at least high diamond.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2018-02-15 at 11:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your hidden MMR isn’t adjusted with the penalty, so next win will probably make it all back up for you.
    Well in a shocking turn of events, the very next game I played with seemed to fall into the typical reddit theory of their algorithm and it placed me against a stack of cheaters and with a team of tards. Lost without a chance and lost another 28 SR. Then the very next game it booted me to lost connection again and I went from 2958 to 2812 in 3 games, 2 of which I didn't even get to play b/c of Blizzard.

I complained on their twitter and within 5 minutes I was silenced in game. This is on my other account which I purposefully do nothing on to stay out of their 'troublemaker' placement. Seems like they weren't kidding about their bullshit Communist China Censorship program.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I see Overwatch is acting like I forgot its anniversary or something, because the constant
    grouping of fuckwits and shitty teammates sure seems deliberate and premeditated.

4 straight losses in a row, most of my teammates being insanely below Gold level in
    terms of skill, teamwork, and overall mental development.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2018-02-16 at 04:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    I'm so psyched for the Sombra buffs.

I am going to play nothing else.

@Jessicka

If you can play like that consistently you could climb at least high diamond.
    If only people wouldn't prefer to lose than have Widow on their team at this level. I managed fine with her last couple of seasons pretty consistently all the way up to about 2400, but around there you start to see 2700+ players in premades a lot carrying their "friends" (literally they'll offer to boost you too, for money) and things get significantly harder because of that. I know I'm not a Diamond player, which is fine, I just wish that, with Widow or Sombra in particular, I didn't have to put up with all the extra asshattery from my own side that I just don't see (unless someone else picks them or Hanzo) when I pick more "popular" heroes I enjoy.

Also wish people wouldn't ask me to play Lucio or Moira when I'm healing, I've only really played them enough to figure out I don't enjoy them. Definitely not enough to take them to comp. I think Mercy, Zen and Ana are enough variety and I have pretty good win rates with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    I see Overwatch is acting like I forgot its anniversary or something, because the constant
    grouping of fuckwits and shitty teammates sure seems deliberate and premeditated.

4 straight losses in a row, most of my teammates being insanely below Gold level in
    terms of skill, teamwork, and overall mental development.
    Thats Overwatch RNG for most players. Ironically the game is designed to encouraged players to play as a team but on the other side of the coin we have the algorithm of the matchmaking system which it seems to put 1 or 2 capable players with the other 4 players being terrible players.

No matter what changes they make to the matchmaking system at the end of the day is just an algorithm which don't and can't include human behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kon01 View Post
    Thats Overwatch RNG for most players. Ironically the game is designed to encouraged players to play as a team but on the other side of the coin we have the algorithm of the matchmaking system which it seems to put 1 or 2 capable players with the other 4 players being terrible players.

No matter what changes they make to the matchmaking system at the end of the day is just an algorithm which don't and can't include human behavior.
    It tends to inflate the SR for the premade to account for their supposed improved teamwork. Obviously, this inflation is rather more than they usually deserve, this has a few effects:

- Less SR when playing as a premade.
    - 'Stay as a group' teams being pitched on a par with genuine premades, and typically getting absolutely destroyed as a result.
    - The side with the bigger premade (anecdotally) usually losing to a smaller premade.

We know, and they know the group MMR systems are horrendous and they even adjusted the differential limits at higher levels to try to account for it and reduce the mess they create. They want people to play together, but the driving factor in keeping players from doing so is this terrible group MMR, yet they seem reluctant to fix it for most players.

Comp has taken a backseat now. Lot less frustrating just going into random heroes and messing around.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Comp has taken a backseat now. Lot less frustrating just going into random heroes and messing around.
    I switched over to playing pretty much only Mystery Heroes a few seasons back because getting screwed in that mode is annoying but nowhere near as bad as comp.
    I only play my placement games each season then i stop until the next. Has caused my SR to plummet even tho I usually get good results in those placements (8-2 this time and i lost like 300SR) but i really dont care these days

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got to diamond, won first two games, now on a losing streak. Gonna go back to plat. Oh joy.
    BAD WOLF

If only people wouldn't prefer to lose than have Widow on their team at this level. I managed fine with her last couple of seasons pretty consistently all the way up to about 2400, but around there you start to see 2700+ players in premades a lot carrying their "friends" (literally they'll offer to boost you too, for money) and things get significantly harder because of that. I know I'm not a Diamond player, which is fine, I just wish that, with Widow or Sombra in particular, I didn't have to put up with all the extra asshattery from my own side that I just don't see (unless someone else picks them or Hanzo) when I pick more "popular" heroes I enjoy.

Also wish people wouldn't ask me to play Lucio or Moira when I'm healing, I've only really played them enough to figure out I don't enjoy them. Definitely not enough to take them to comp. I think Mercy, Zen and Ana are enough variety and I have pretty good win rates with them.
    Imo just refuse to swap off DPS always, get good at something that counters Widow counters and swap between the two. It is the best way to climb, whenever I compromise and fill I start losing SR.

Yes I meant that if you could do what you did in your PotG reliably you could climb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kon01 View Post
    Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure doesn't feel that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Imo just refuse to swap off DPS always, get good at something that counters Widow counters and swap between the two. It is the best way to climb, whenever I compromise and fill I start losing SR.

Yes I meant that if you could do what you did in your PotG reliably you could climb.
    Hard to call it comprise when I actually enjoy spreading my play around. If I could Tank a little less I’m not sure I would Widowmaker much more, I’d like to get more Zarya and Tracer play in and I don’t Ana, Pharah, Sombra or Zen enough as it is.

I keep a pretty close eye on my SR awards, and the SR gains/losses aren’t vastly variable between these heroes for me, I can comfortably gain 30+ from DVa, Widow, Orisa, and Mercy. The biggest variances are down to impact I have which is more determined by leavers, throwers or Smurfs which actively make the game harder. That’s why I get so infuriated with them.

Widowmaker(andHanzo, same thing) has the primarly problem that she doesnt take any skill to play at an "Ok" level - you stand stand in behind and snipe, that is a super lame strategy and works everytime vs. a non fully organized team. Imho just patch out these ass classes, they dont take anything to play properly and just deny other people's fun.
    Last edited by iddqd; 2018-02-17 at 02:54 PM.