Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Iam 38 and i really am starting to feel it and look it with my grey hair and beard.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporebat View Post
    Iam 38 and i really am starting to feel it and look it with my grey hair and beard.
    Well, keep in mind a lot of things are relative. If you make it to 78, you will look back and think about how great it felt to be only 38.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Every single moment now. When does mid-life crisis hit for a man? I think about death constantly.
    I'm feeling the November of time personally, the March of time was a long way back.

For a male, your 50s is when the shit hits the fan - until then you are on your way up.

My mid life crisis never happened - I just got really ill and destitute instead.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    41 and just had to start using reading glasses. That was a pretty big WTF moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Not to be a party pooper on your streak - but I did want to point out you can only use the past-tense of the word "Stay" if you died while still married to her. I say this simply as a reminder as sooooo many people think they're "in the clear" after 10, 20, even 40 years of marriage. I knew a couple who got divorced after 50 years of marriage! :P

Not to say that will happen to you - just saying "never ever take it for granted! Always keep working at renewing that relationship!". ^_^
    I hear you

My Grand Father gave me two pieces of advice before he left.

Always continue to work at your marriage. It was one of his greatest mistakes
    Always wear sun screen. We are mostly a fair skinned family and he had several complications with skin cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Lol? You may be inspiring for others. Don't live just for yourself.
    Sure, I personally enjoy living for others. I wouldn't be doing nonprofit work if I didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it hit me as soon as I hit 25. I'm 26 now and I'm inching closer to being 30. To me that's like a wake up call. I'm still in my 20s so I still feel like a kid but 30 is when most people have their their shit together. By then they have their lifelong job, probably married with kids and everything. Here I am still living with my parents because my full time job doesn't pay me enough to live on my own, and still working in the same shitty dead end job I've been working at since I started back in high school (currently looking into another job at the moment, I'm hoping I get it).

It's all going way too fast. I'll be 27 in June and that'll make it only 3 more years until I hit big 30. That scares me. This is why I'm starting to hate birthdays.

Deleted
    I've been thinking about death since I was 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Not to mention that you have no kids, no spouse and you're getting older. A life of loneliness is not fun to look forward to but there's still time.
    I'm not too worried about that tbh, I was with someone for 7 years, engaged...wasn't a huge fan. I'm ok with just having friends and a couple of friends with benefits. I think I'm too selfish to have kids but like you said, there's still time. My dad is in his 60's and he married a younger woman and had 2 kids with her, so at least my pipes will still be working by then lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reek View Post
    I'm not too worried about that tbh, I was with someone for 7 years, engaged...wasn't a huge fan. I'm ok with just having friends and a couple of friends with benefits. I think I'm too selfish to have kids but like you said, there's still time. My dad is in his 60's and he married a younger woman and had 2 kids with her, so at least my pipes will still be working by then lol
    Oh yeah. When you're in your 50s and 60s how's that gonna work out. Think it's gonna be easy to have friends with benefits?

Every single moment now. When does mid-life crisis hit for a man? I think about death constantly.
    No. I felt time move agonizingly slow when I was young. After many years, it moves far too fast. I don't even think I noticed 2014-2017 go past and I doubt I'll notice 2018.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I'm 23 and do that, I wouldn't worry.

I wish I could live my life in a dull way, posting selfies for likes and sharing Facebook sob stories, but all I can think of at night is if we're alone in the universe and if there will be anything else after I croak... or if the technology to prolong our lives or put my brain in a Jar/PC will be achieved in my lifetime.

And if not, how being born in the wrong generation means I die and vanish while others born a few hundred years from now could enjoy immortality.

Then I also think of how lucky I am compared to people from 100, 200, 300 and so on ago that were born and died soon after of famine/disease/war.

Or that baby deer that got killed by a lion minutes after being born. This world's full of misery and there HAS to be some sort of payoff for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get really fit and find a bunch of attractive people to hang around. It'll come sooner than you expect.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    We have a lot of older men on here who are single. I worry about them.
    20% of men has 80% women and all that. There is a lot of single men and the numbers will only increase, sexual revolution maybe wasn't such a good idea afterall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Sure, I personally enjoy living for others. I wouldn't be doing nonprofit work if I didn't.
    Good. I am glad to hear you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    No, I just see cycling/repeating themes over and over. I don't really feel "old" I still "feel" like I am in my teens, the world is still awe-inspiring, I still feel the wonder of walking in the woods, and enjoy the wind on my skin, the singing of the birds, etc...
    Great. I still feel the same way now. And I am much older than you are. Hope you continue to have such a positive outlook on life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the secret of not getting jaded on life, is to be grateful for what you have because a lot of people have worse. And I am thankful to my parents, people around me, etc, (and of course my own actions that I try to choose carefully) that I have the life I do. ALong with that don't hold resentment, and forgive people, because no one is perfect.

Having lived in Russia and seeing how bad it can actually be, and having traveled the world a bit, kind of opens your eyes to that sort of stuff.
    It does help to appreciate life more if your background was hard and rough. I had that growing up before I joined the Army and left all that behind. I never dreamed back then, I would have what I do now. I am very blessed. My son has traveled around the world too ( is being assigned to the US Emissary in Paris this summer ) and he served 4 tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan. He says no place he rather be than the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, besides joking about moving to Canada, I like the US, and the West in generel.
    Well, Trump is not always going to be President. lol!

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    knocked on my nephew's door a few minutes ago...now he is out in the street yelling at clouds. all I said was "we need to talk this weekend". I don't appreciate thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    i'd like a pause button please.
    Rewind button would be nice too!!!