... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    @Virothe:

You claim a visitor; you visited per my personal statement tracking
    - N1: either Lora or Listo, dunno who.
    - N2: Blood Fox
    - N3: Syriane
    - N4: ???

You also claim to have been burglarized on N4.
    This reminds me of Cruelle claiming something similar on D2, #323.

I first thought you were the one visiting Cruelle when you claimed Visitor
    N4 I went to visit robo, not sure I was burgled but my house was broken into and I think rets right it was prbly just him and no I'm just a visitor nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    Why has Loki only started silencing recently?
    Maybe he tried silencing me before?

- - - Updated - - -

Good pick-up on the Loki silence. It hasn't been the only silencer in MMO-Mafia but definitely the most prominent.
    Sure.

And, for the record, this isn't "hey, guys, I was looking through some old games and Loki could totally be the cause of this weirdness". It's "hey, guys, my QT actually has a dream sequence post in it that name-drops Loki, Thor, Tandy and Tyrone, so it's totes Loki".

Just in case there was any uncertainty on that front.

Deleted
    I got nothing in my qt Ret when you hid behind me, only small thing I got was from Strikereds visit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reticence View Post
    Night 1 & Night 2? You have been playing a good game but trying to silence you twice in a row seems a bit overkill

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Sure.

And, for the record, this isn't "hey, guys, I was looking through some old games and Loki could totally be the cause of this weirdness". It's "hey, guys, my QT actually has a dream sequence post in it that name-drops Loki, Thor, Tandy and Tyrone, so it's totes Loki".

Just in case there was any uncertainty on that front.
    I was uncertain on that front XD thanks for clarifying

Forgot a note: I actually think it's Razamith, but I'm not concerned about him being third-party and have no desire to policy lynch him because he's been playing for the town the entire game.

If he is third-party, I'd almost rather he admitted it so we can put that question behind us and focus on wiping out the grey mafia.
    I cannot admit such because its not true. I am old fashioned town. Like my faction analysis earlier I continue to try and work out the actual factions and determine if there's a 3p left. I implore people to continue to consider 3p, although it doesn't appear to be kill related or anything visually bad happening so may not be one left or may be benign.

- - - Updated - - -

If you change "robo" to "virothe" above the silences targeted in order N1 person that died (no silence), N2 person that died (no silence), N3 syrianne (who was silenced), N4 "robo" -> virothe (silenced self [cred] with reti hiding behind). It is a bit harder to think there's a visitor with no powers around in this game -- the best comparison to that was lelly or maybe a danga but even they can turn SK. I mean i think virothes logic has at least some merit too -- the way he revealed seems more townish, attitude seems confident, and gameplay/contribution seems questionable. All my opinions. I wanna make sure i'm not following a coincidence or setup either.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marack View Post
    Voting me off will get rid of a town doc. I know my play hasnt been that great (pretty lackluster this game).
    What is your character name and if you know which game are you from?

- - - Updated - - -

Also who have you doctored each night?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelle View Post
    I got nothing in my qt Ret when you hid behind me, only small thing I got was from Strikereds visit.
    Not entirely surprising. It's only a 50% chance.

Night 1 & Night 2? You have been playing a good game but trying to silence you twice in a row seems a bit overkill
    Maybe I annoyed them!

But in all seriousness, it's an option, although they probably could have targeted one of the dead folks, too. Or maybe they were blocked. Hard to say, at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryllian View Post
    What is your character name and if you know which game are you from?

- - - Updated - - -

Also who have you doctored each night?
    Someone else not paying attention...

Already claimed Lysah in a role similar to the designer mafia (i think).

Lysah Role
    Quote Originally Posted by Marack View Post
    The linked Lysah role has similarities to mine in the conditions that must be met for me to use abilities.

However, it is different in that fact that I'm town, not 3rd party. Another JoAT of sorts.
    Odd nights - Doc
    Even nights - JK (chance to fail)
    1 time investigation when all conditions met. Provided my phone was playing nice the other day and I posted the sheep pic, I would have those met for an investigation tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    I cannot admit such because its not true. I am old fashioned town.
    Damn. If you admitted third party I could assume Loki was mafia, but like you said we'll have to consider third party implications.

If Lelly's "five factions" clue can be answered with "town, two mafias, third party, and serial killer", then it may not be a big deal regardless. My main concern, though, is the possibility that we have a third-party Loki and a grey Godfather with enough power to match Aizen. 3 anti-town out of 10 still isn't too bad, but with night actions being as prevalent as they are we can't take anything for granted.

If you change "robo" to "virothe" above the silences targeted in order N1 person that died (no silence), N2 person that died (no silence), N3 syrianne (who was silenced), N4 "robo" -> virothe (silenced self [cred] with reti hiding behind). It is a bit harder to think there's a visitor with no powers around in this game -- the best comparison to that was lelly or maybe a danga but even they can turn SK. I mean i think virothes logic has at least some merit too -- the way he revealed seems more townish, attitude seems confident, and gameplay/contribution seems questionable. All my opinions. I wanna make sure i'm not following a coincidence or setup either.
    Just to make sure I'm following you, you're suggesting that Virothe was able to silence himself, or that he attempted to silence Robo and was redirected back to himself?

The former would certainly be a solid credibility play -- I guess I assumed that he couldn't do that, but maybe that's a bad assumption to make; it would certainly line up with his targets. The latter is concerning for entirely different reasons, but with unknown scum power roles in play it's hard to rule it out.

I'm suggesting the scenario where virothe has said himself he targeted dead n1/n2 and syriane n3, and today he claims target robo but if he really targeted himself for credibility ("look i'm not the silencer!") to which you were hiding behind him, then it lines up perfectly with the silences. Also a post to consider: #508

I'm suggesting the scenario where virothe has said himself he targeted dead n1/n2 and syriane n3, and today he claims target robo but if he really targeted himself for credibility ("look i'm not the silencer!") to which you were hiding behind him, then it lines up perfectly with the silences. Also a post to consider: #508
    I mean that would require that I could use the ability on myself, and I was at risk of being lynched today since quite a few people are suspicious of me.

Indeed. As certain as I was in my opener, that alignment of actions is difficult to ignore. I was also character-reading Virothe as town earlier, but it's probably more accurate to say that I was reading him as not-mafia. He could very well be third party. All in all, consider me uncertain.

I'm still a bit iffy on Celtic, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    I mean that would require that I could use the ability on myself, and I was at risk of being lynched today since quite a few people are suspicious of me.
    The former is up to the mod per ability and a clever play. The latter town would never rush a first half day lynch with missing people that were probable to return, and you'd look like a target of the mafia/3p. I'm not saying i'm 100% sold on it yet but it is a scenario which everything lines up and is quite plausible. And if i do buy it do i put you on grey who keeps unluckily hitting red/sk targets or 3p benign troller looking for their own wincon.

I'm suggesting the scenar
    Also also, why would I claim to visit people who died if I had an ability that was super easily trackable? all it would do is call attention to the fact that I had an ability and that I should be tracked and then if I were responsible for the ???

At that point all I'm asking for is to be caught.

Deleted
    Also also, why would I claim to visit people who died if I had an ability that was super easily trackable? all it would do is call attention to the fact that I had an ability and that I should be tracked and then if I were responsible for the ???

Goes back to my earlier question: why visit people at all?

Goes back to my earlier question: why visit people at all?
    Cause I have an ability, why would I not use it?

Generally speaking there is a point to it, and the point here seems to be there are multiple trackers and watchers and not all of you are going to wind up being town so I was most likely in place to soak a kill or trip a bomb.

The points in your favor are indeed for the hard reveals and if i try to place you on grey your vote against marack (prior to today). The best counters i can think of are your reveal of n1/n2 targeting dead happened on D3 when not being successful yet may not have known it would be so mod vocal with ???? in dawn or fear someone tracked/watched or similar, and the marack could have been a quick bus. But both of those are weaker and considering context, thus not wholey sold yet.

D2:
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikered View Post
    My abilities all have an element of chance involved it appears, with some consequences depending on the type of ability i choose, but the consequences affect only me not town.
    now my research shows this role wasn't town in the D&D game but it appears Large has altered it considerably
    D5 (today):
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikered View Post
    my 2 remaining abilities are that of an unusual nature and i intend to do use one tonight (if alive)
    the nature of those abilities may explain what has been happening but im not sure i want to reveal what they do but im sure if we have more than one Joat with similar abilities or even mirror'd somehow then its quite likely that is to blame
    @Strikered what were your elements of chance/consequences, if your actions have lead you to win already? As per your offer earlier i'd like to hear the wincon specifics if you'll indulge us. Also was your planned ability usage for the reason you provided earlier of "continuing to help town"? Is your role town faction with a bonus wincon or a 3p role with 2 available wincons?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    - Celtic is all but modconfirmed as a tracker. I don't know his allegiance, and I think he's doing a lot of very dubious moves this game - but not Loki, unless that Loki role is heavily modified.
    @Celtic209 Do you validate danner's statement here, claiming a fulltime / basic tracker?

- - - Updated - - -

We done with today? I'd like my questions answered eventually but they haven't been up long and isn't critical for today. I think its marack 5, celtic 2, reti 1

7+ Year Old Account
    So if my vote count is right we stand at the below with just under 2 hours to g

5. Marack - Kryllian(785), Robozerim(787), Virothe(788), Cruelle(798), Strikered(816)
    1. Reticence - Celtic(771)
    1. Celtic - Marack (819)

No votes - Danner, Razamith, Reticence

This means Marack is at L-1.

Could my investigation be wrong?

I've been worried about that ever since I saw the red team had a framer role that last two nights. If I assume the grey team has the same ability that means on N3 there were potentially 2 frames going out that would skew my N4 results. There would have been another one N4 (assuming it had priority over my investigation) which means up to 3 false guilty results.

There were 12 players going into last night. Scum wouldn't target me. If anything they would have tried to kill me. if I assume all 3 fake results are actually town, and that there are 2 scum left with one inv immune, then my chances were I would get 4 of 11 investigations would return a guilty result with only 1 being accurate. Those aren't the best odds but who knows maybe I really have picked the right people to investigate, I got Satsu N1 (albeit by mistake as I hoped him to be town.)

Assuming he's the lynch target for today as there hasn't been any other real momentum, if he flips town that means my investigations are going south quickly. If we have one death tonight that means we open the day tomorrow with 8 people, 2 of which could be framed, meaning any investigation would show guilty 3 of 9 times but again only being 33% accurate.

Outside of any investigation results the Danner/Cruelle mutual admiration has me a bit nervous. I can't help but wonder if they aren't the last two scum since they both seem pretty willing to accept each others roles without much question. I feel like that many potential VT/SK's in this game might have been a disaster. If they all decided to go SK N1 that would have meant up to 7 kills. This game could have been over by D3 worst case scenario. Fun but.....

I'm also not a big fan of the Visitor claimed role. That seems to be anti-town. As was noted, why use it to confuse results for town?

Anyways I'm off. A big 50 hour round the clock trivia competition starts in 30 minutes so I won't have much time to check the thread over the weekend except for the top of the hour breaks. Assuming I'm still alive in the morning I'll see you all on the other side.

We done with today? I'd like my questions answered eventually but they haven't been up long and isn't critical for today. I think its marack 5, celtic 2, reti 1
    I was also hoping you'd get some answers while I was working, but since we only have an hour left we can probably just end the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryllian View Post
    So if my vote count is right we stand at the below with just under 2 hours to g

5. Marack - Kryllian(785), Robozerim(787), Virothe(788), Cruelle(798), Strikered(816)
    1. Reticence - Celtic(771)
    1. Celtic - Marack (819)

No votes - Danner, Razamith, Reticence
    I'm on Celtic, currently.

I find it interesting that Marack voted Celtic. It could be self-preservation, which could give some credit to Celtic if Marack turns up scum, but it could very easily be a play, too.

I'm around and ready to vote Marack. Just finished my weekly anime showings.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, nothing much seems to be happening. Anyone objecting to me hammering?
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]