Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    oh Well
    #RevertToMoP

Quote Originally Posted by Original21 View Post
    Zandalari templar im hoping since im 16 and playing BE paladin for 10 years its about time to get troll paladin at the horde EPIC'
    You're going to be disappointed then
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

I really hope I get to slam my hammer into the ground at some point in BFA.

It sucks.. I really love the concept of the Holy Warrior/Crusader

But fk me the gameplay is really gutted. I loved wods version so much , would main it no doubt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about the design tbh. The looting system must change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Zandalari Paladin are my hope.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    If you are "fine" with ret, try not to fall asleep while DPS'ing heroic varimathras.. Our rotation is so bland. I don't get why Blizzard can't implement combos like FF14 does. Where you have to handle multiple different combos and weave in off-GCD abilities. Ret is just Builder builder modifier spender.
    The last thing you want is button bloat like FF14 where your rotation is 1-2-3, 1-4-5, 1-4-6, there are no trinkets or set bonuses and nothing ever changes except for number tweaks so you're doing the exact same rotation for an entire expansion and since very few classes actually have procs you can just schedule your entire rotation to a boss' timed mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    PSA: Thete got his Alpha today, so we'll get his input soon enough. He'll also be streaming it later today.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    PSA: Thete got his Alpha today, so we'll get his input soon enough. He'll also be streaming it later today.
    Here’s to hoping he won’t be an bzzd apologist this time .

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Here’s to hoping he won’t be an bzzd apologist this time .
    When was he a "Blizzard apologist"?
    He's a level headed rationalist, knows what hes talking about, knows whats wrong (mostly) and goes about suggestions in a good, informative and polite way that might actually benefit us.
    @Thete good luck mate!

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    When was he a "Blizzard apologist"?
    He's a level headed rationalist, knows what hes talking about, knows whats wrong (mostly) and goes about suggestions in a good, informative and polite way that might actually benefit us.
    @Thete good luck mate!
    Yesterday. The whole previous week and the week before that.
    Check out his last dozen or so is videos and ask yourself: when was the last time Thete did actually, harshly, seriously, criticize bzzd.
    The answer might provide some amusement.

- - - Updated - - -

Emperor, He demands courage.
    Otherwise, He condemns!

Yesterday. The whole previous week and the week before that.
    Check out his last dozen or so is videos and ask yourself: when was the last time Thete did actually, harshly, seriously, criticize bzzd.
    The answer might provide some amusement.

- - - Updated - - -

Emperor, He demands courage.
    Otherwise, He condemns!
    Critisism does not have to be negative, the way you do it...
    It can come peacefuly, without yelling and throwing a tantrum.

If you have ever watched a Thete video, you would know that he regularly critises Blizzard for many things. He just goes about it maturely.

If you think that being "Harsh" is whats needed here, go ahead... Have fun... See where that gets you.

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    Critisism does not have to be negative, the way you do it...
    It can come peacefuly, without yelling and throwing a tantrum.

If you have ever watched a Thete video, you would know that he regularly critises Blizzard for many things. He just goes about it maturely.

If you think that being "Harsh" is whats needed here, go ahead... Have fun... See where that gets you.
    His last dozen or halfdozen videos.
    Check them out for any traces of any kind of actual criticism.
    Because I did and found none.
    I AM watching his videos, hence my stance towards Thete with his last verbal excercises .

No, of course no.
    Harsh is not the way.
    What’s needed is soft language and incredibly light pokes and prodes here and there.
    What’s needed is groweling.
    What’s needed is never actually providing criticism whatsoever.
    What’s needed is never pressing the issues.
    See where it got us so far.

He was quite clear about most of the things, I mean you really want him to go apeshit about retribution passive for half an hour in every single one of his videos?

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, his last video is a 26m rant about retribution passive and all the classics.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    It sucks.. I really love the concept of the Holy Warrior/Crusader

But fk me the gameplay is really gutted. I loved wods version so much , would main it no doubt.
    Yeah I love Paladin as class fantasy, but I boosted a 110 Pally, and I'm simply struggling with how boring Ret is. And it's cool, I love the class, the order hall, the heroes, the skills, but for the most part builder, spender with little variation and planning. Hell the one leggo that makes the stun an above 75% useable skill is the best addition to the rotation, until they drop to 75%.

I'm just gonna shoot with all my general problems with Ret and people are free to agree with it or criticize anything. No willingness to go in-depth as I make no illusion about being some expert Ret player, just a huge fan of the archetype.

- Lack of Hammer of Wrath as a finisher makes the spec feel too bland to me. If not a finisher, then in some other fashion where it would shine. Maybe something like Fists of Fury with a short cooldown, that's really cool to press, and maybe make it activated by something.

- Lack of Seals. Whether they can be toggled on or off as light but permanent buffs, or have something like a 30 second cooldown that provides a more substantial buff doesn't matter. I just want them back and relevant to Ret's combat.

- Judgment in my opinion was coolest when it worked in tandem with the Seal system. Depending on what Seal you had activated, Judgment did something different. So maybe put it back to simply being another generator with a higher cooldown than CS, but also provide a neat buff depending on the Seal you're using.

- Crusader Strike's animation is not something I find cool. The golfswing is really lame to look at. I would rather have my old human male 2H swing animation back in place of it. BEs get to keep their old race-specific animations, don't like how Humans have to use the generic golfswing shared by several other specs.

- I like the theme of Divine Steed and I don't want it to go away, but it's simply not good enough as it stands. Our mobility is a serious issue in PvP, if not an issue in PvE as well. 2 charges on it at least should be baseline.

- Divine Purpose should probably be baseline, and the Retribution passive should be removed. I think Ret works more smoothly with DI and the Retribution passive does nothing but hamper the spec. I get the fantasy behind the passive but I think it does more damage than good.

- I think Exorcism should come back in the form of a talent that replaces Blade of Justice, exactly like Divine Hammer does - but to serve another purpose obviously. Maybe for cleave fights? BoW is ST, Divine Hammer being AoE. Something like that?

- I'm not a fan of the first talent tier at all. Consecration being a talent feels bad, I've never really liked Execution Sentence in concept, and Final Verdict is just a boring talent that everyone will take because it provides a flat damage boost.

- No idea why Justicar's Vengeance is in the PvE talent trees. Totally feels like a PvP talent and would find much more use in that environment, so I'd rather it be put into the PvP talent tree to make room for another talent. Maybe give it the WoD Final Verdict animation to make it feel special.

- Paladins are in dire need of an aesthetic facelift like a lot of other classes are getting. Warlocks are getting a huge amount of attention thrown at them while Paladins still feel outdated visually. Would love to have new wings for Avenging Wrath, for example.

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay....because MM Hunters are getting an overhaul (that they don't need), and the class is getting old spells back like Serpent Sting for Surv and Steady Shot/Rapid Fire for MM, I'd like to see a small overhaul for Ret with returning spells.

- Bring back Exorcism in its old form. Cast time, made instant with Art of War procs. Make it give 1HP. Would make the rotation feel more interesting rather than just having Judgement, 2 builders and a spender.

- Bring back Hammer of Wrath. Yes. I'm on this bandwagon. Give us back the proper Hammer of Wrath. Execute style gameplay, but make it useable at any boss HP % when we use Wings. If you make it so that Crusade removes this effect, then we finally have a choice. Wings and Hammer of Wrath, or Crusade with the haste? Make them balanced and people will FINALLY have a real talent choice, rather than the usual cookie cutter build we've had for years.

- Unless the Azerite talent system affects them in any way, reverse the CD changes on HoF and Divine Steed. Our mobility is the 2nd worst in the game. We're being nailed to the floor with a 1 minute DS.

- Give us back the old Final Verdict animation, or at least the option of a glyph. I've seen a lot of people not happy with the TV animation in Legion. I quite liked the human male 2H animation, and it's been taken away for a golf swing, as Karzerus rightly described it.

- Fix our first talent row. Final Verdict damage increase is a joke, and since they said they wanted to remove talents like that what....3 years ago? Why is it still in the game? Execution Sentence is horrible. Trying to make it work with HP...no. Either remove it or make it the 1min CD it used to be. Consc shouldn't be a talent. It'll never get picked over Final Verdict.

I know I'm asking too much. And we're going to get bugger all changes because nobody will provide class feedback, and we've got people like Thete going "Yeah this is fine", representing our spec. God help us.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato88 View Post
    - Bring back Hammer of Wrath. Yes. I'm on this bandwagon. Give us back the proper Hammer of Wrath. Execute style gameplay, but make it useable at any boss HP % when we use Wings. If you make it so that Crusade removes this effect, then we finally have a choice. Wings and Hammer of Wrath, or Crusade with the haste? Make them balanced and people will FINALLY have a real talent choice, rather than the usual cookie cutter build we've had for years.
    Genius.

I am literally applauding you right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Genius.

I am literally applauding you right now.
    I can literally feel the sarcasm coming from your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato88 View Post
    I can literally feel the sarcasm coming from your post.
    There was none.

- - - Updated - - -

I sincerely think your idea regarding HOW and Crusade is genius.

- - - Updated - - -

Neat and simple. And actually provides choice and change of play style, if only during wings.