Poll: Are you ready for Warcraft 4

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wc3 with new graphics and new functions for the MapEditor.

Bonus:
    -WoW lore in the Wc3 Campaign Style(with new models etc.),

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    WoW is getting expansions until 2024 minimum as Blizzard has said, and honestly with all that has happened in WoW a WC4 would be too futuristic.
    I really hope there will be some reset, some disaster, dark age or something..where all these space ships, robots, portals etc. will be just relics of the past. Long forgotten and new nations will have to arise again.

No, don't ever really want another Warcraft again. RTS is a dead and gone genre(for the most part).

Honestly I'd rather they just make wc3 remastered. I don't want to see these forums when they inevitably release four and somehow the people here go into reeeeeeeeeee mode because it doesn't make them coffee in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    I really hope there will be some reset, some disaster, dark age or something..where all these space ships, robots, portals etc. will be just relics of the past. Long forgotten and new nations will have to arise again.
    A lot of people are right though, the RTS genre has stagnated for too long, not enough interest exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft 4 would potentially have the pull to single handedly revive the rts genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    A lot of people are right though, the RTS genre has stagnated for too long, not enough interest exists.
    it will cycle back in some form. Maybe it wont be typical RTS like we know today, but something suitable for Warcraft 4 will be popular again.

Deleted
    Its going to be a remaster of warcraft 1, 2 and 3.

WC3 remaster seems a lot more likely, which I'd probably prefer aswell. The idea of getting WC4 sounds nice but the problem is that the original team is no longer around who made the first 3 games so great. If a WC4 would get the same writers from WoW, it would turn into yet another boring cliché and suffer from Hollywood-ification (yes I know thats not a real word) like they did with SC2. If there's one thing Blizzard hasn't done well in the past 10 years, its most definately the writing. Balance is another issue, but unlike the Starcraft games they focussed more on the singleplayer campaigns wihle keeping multiplayer as an extra addition. In this day and age it will probably not be the case anymore. Then I haven't even mentioned about all the microtransaction bullshit thats going around these days.

I don't buy into the idea that WC4 cannot exist as long as WoW is going. They can easily choose to pick up the events where WC3 left off with stories that weren't done or seen in WoW, like how the night elves joined the Alliance and the Forsaken joined the Horde. Or they do a 1000 year time skip where the game takes place in a whole new world, which is somethign I'd love to see as long as they keep the medieval theme and not to many sci-fi stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Not happening. SC is the RTS brand of Blizzard - however desolate it may be. It wouldn't make sense to launch another brand to compete with your own.

EDIT: Current.
    This argument is very, very weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    Absolutely, but it ain't happening. WoW makes far more money than an RTS ever could, so if they were to make an RTS, it would be telling stories alongside WoW, which would be pretty weird.

SC2 released in 2010. It was very, very good, and at this point it's pretty darn near perfect. We are due another RTS soon in my opinion, but I just can't see it be Warcraft 4.
    why would it be weird? we have books, comics, animations, audio dramas etc etc that are all canon and tell stories alongside or inbetween expansions and patches.

theres no reason they cant make a game as well
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I edited my post to indicate that it's currently so. To expand on this:

1. RTS genre is as good as dead.
    ppl said mostly the same about mmo before WoW was released, MMO genre used to be a extremely small market with low amounts of players, what happened? blizzard launched WoW and made it a really popular genre, never say a genre is dead if blizzard is involved

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No, it AINT gonna be a WC4 but a WC3 for mobil.
    I dont see any playerbase for this. Like at all

Not really, honestly I like the Starcraft games more than the Warcraft RTS games. WC 4 I feel would be too limited unless WoW actually ends. And even then WoW has expanded so much that I don't feel them having to go back to a smaller scope unit wise may be a disapointment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by azkhane View Post
    ppl said mostly the same about mmo before WoW was released, MMO genre used to be a extremely small market with low amounts of players, what happened? blizzard launched WoW and made it a really popular genre, never say a genre is dead if blizzard is involved
    People love to make broad sweeping statements - the people who do that think like this:

"I personally dont play wc3 right now => Noone in the world plays rts anymore and noone is interested in a new AAA rts game."

IN my experience they are most often wrong not only on that one subject but in general since their statements buld on feelings and not facts

Mah Body is ready either way.

Just give it to me.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

I strongly doubt WC4 is happening, RTS is not a genre that makes bank and Blizzard wants to focus Warcraft on WoW. A WC3 Remaster is far more likely.

Deleted
    I could get behind WC4, but if i want an RTS game i want a new C&C

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azkhane View Post
    Too bad the Blizzard from 10 years ago and the Blizzard today is ALOT different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I strongly doubt WC4 is happening, RTS is not a genre that makes bank and Blizzard wants to focus Warcraft on WoW. A WC3 Remaster is far more likely.
    Pretty sure Stellaris, EU4 and quite a few other games would disagree with that