Page 31 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwiez View Post
    I remember when Jin'rokh the Breaker was on Yojamba Isle, and provided the ZG set gear for warriors and paladins.

"I am Jin'rokh the Breaker, envoy of Mugamba: Fist of Rastakhan!

My dealings are with warriors and heathens."
    Well a "heathen" is "a person who does not belong to a widely held religion"

Meaning that the Zandalar do have some kind of religion they buy into. Honestly the trolls make more sense as paladins than Tauren ever did.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    You're not wrong, but I don't know how much you know about the history of Europe in late antiquity, so here goes.

Charlemagne (whose name, awesomely, means Charles the Great) was decreed Holy Roman Emperor in 800 (on Christmas day, no less - what a way to ruin ol' Jesus cakeday) by Pope Leo III. Therefore, the twelve peers of Charlemagne's court would be the greatest richest warriors in the Frankish kingdom - and by close association with Charlemagne, would be holy warriors.

Illo dicto, you can see where the modern gaming definition of Paladin (first used by D&D and later adapted by other systems) has its roots in historical precedent, which I find absolutely fascinating.

Anyway, players can receive the Prelate title in-game, which comes from Exalted with the Alliance-only faction Council of Exarchs in WoD. While what exactly Exarchs really do has never been filled in very much, there's nothing which suggests anything specifically Priest-y nor Paladin-y, as Naielle is both a Rangari and also on the council. Therefore, the Exarchs seem to just be the leadership of the Draenei. It seems as though Blizzard's world-building team has used the title of Prelate (whether on players or Zandalari) because it has a definite church/holy connotation, but seem to have ignored anything except the word "leadership" in the definition.

Therefore, it would not surprise me if we see more prelates in Zandalar, and crucially I believe we will see that not all of them will be Paladins.
    And I'm sure each of Charlemagne's 12 Paladins could cast magical spells and fling spinning hammers through the air around their bodies.

Like, I get the idea that the term is meant to be connected, hence it's use in D&D, but it's pretty much irrelevant. According to Buffy the Vampire Slayer, this is a Scythe:

Here's Krull's idea of a Glaive which lead to WoW's idea of them for the Wardens:

The reason I posted the dictionary definition was to point out that the dictionary definition of Prelate is just as irrelevant when it's up to the writer/designer to decide what the title/name/class is within the world.
    Last edited by Steampunkette; 2018-02-18 at 05:31 PM.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I like your (absolute-fucking-lack of) relevant argumentation.

This thread isn't trying to guess if Paladins will happen or not - it's a discussion about it and the possible lack of Zandalari Paladins. I understand that you don't know much about the subject bu please, spamming "IT WILL NOT HAPPEN!" isn't helpful.
    All I'm saying is you either play a troll or a paladin. You can't have both.
    It's like asking for pickled herring on your ice cream and then cover it all in ketchup.
    It's just disgusting and wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a shame that they are not currently playable. They have been represented in game since classic haven't they?

We don't know yet which classes Zandalari and Dark Iron will have, the list we have from the datamine isn't complete or accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Check their ingame spells of prelates.
    What ever nay sayers think or say.. they resemble paladins.
    Prelates existing is more due to breaking up the monotony of mobs which is why they aren't wearing full plate armor. Go thru the list of all the mobs in wow and you will see a bunch that have interesting named abilities. If they really wanted Zandalari to have paladins they would have seeded them in more places than just a single section of a floor in a dungeon.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasaru View Post
    It's like asking for pickled herring on your ice cream and then cover it all in ketchup.
    Doing drugs is wrong because it's illegal!
    It's illegal because it's wrong!

You are unable to grasp the actual point of this thread.

Deleted
    What makes less sense is if they can be warlocks.

If you notice the /silly jokes they have claim they do not like dark magic AT ALL, if they have skulls its for decoration purposes. Also their culture does not approve of rogues yet they can be rogues also.

In my opinion NO CONFIRMED release by Blizzard was announced just yet. I mean for Christ sake if we go by everything found in the files Dark Iron Dwarfs can be Death Knights also yet we know for a fact they don't be able to be death knights.

In my opinion they are just using all the races trolls can be at the moment AS A PLACE HOLDER. I honestly think they will be able to be paladins. They clearly want to push the fact how they don't like dark magic at all.

In my honest opinion they are much more likely to be paladins than rogues or warlocks. It is clearly impossible for them to be warlocks or for their society to ever accept warlocks into it. Don't trust any of the game files.

Not even mad, as long as the shaman to paladin ratio for horde to alliance is even who really cares.

In vanilla you had no choice what faction you rolled if you wanted to play shaman or paladin, now that it's similar in that Horde have few paladin options and Alli have few shaman options people are all up in a tiff.

Boo hoo, my new mongoloid race can't be a shiny defender of hope. Consider it a gift that people will continue to mostly roll Belf Paladins as Horde since they're one of the only good lookin Horde races. Belfs are hard carrying the Horde with their OP racial and suave hair. Be more grateful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    We don't know yet which classes Zandalari and Dark Iron will have, the list we have from the datamine isn't complete or accurate.
    "I FOUND A STRING OF LETTERS FROM AN INCOMPLETE GAME SO I COULD MAKE EXTREMELY VAGUE ASSUMPTIONS ON A FORUM AND POST THEM AS FACT. BLIZZARD IS RUINING THEIR GAME BY NOT LETTING THIS THING I WANT TO HAPPEN EXIST AND I CAN PROVE IT USING BROKEN INFORMATION."

-Every mmoc post regarding datamined information ever

Quote Originally Posted by Vasaru View Post
    No, your thinking of either Tauren paladins, or Night Elves getting pallys before Worgen
    getting troll paladins would be like getting Cotton Candy ice cream then putting whipped cream on top
    Stop pretending that your sole opinion dictates what should or shouldn't be put in the game, your just another Asshole on a forum, who thinks he runs the game

Quote Originally Posted by Trey303 View Post
    No argument has been made against them that hasn't been sufficiently rebuted. The fantasy, environment, culture, and theme are all there. I have no idea why they would not exist in the game, and I truly hope Blizzard reconsiders this. For those of you that haven't been already, I would highly encourage you to continue this discussion on the WoW forums to hopefully get the attention of Blizzard.
    Just because you feel that a completely shamanistic race would also include worship of the light does not make it so. There is no arguement or rebuttal that "sufficiently rebutted" that fact. Except in the minds of the fan base that want this change. Which are thankfully an minority. Horde got Holy Cows and evil life sucking elf paladins much to the chagrin of the real paladin population. Enough is enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    No, your thinking of either Tauren paladins, or Night Elves getting pallys before Worgen
    getting troll paladins would be like getting Cotton Candy ice cream then putting whipped cream on top
    Stop pretending that your sole opinion dictates what should or shouldn't be put in the game, your just another Asshole on a forum, who thinks he runs the game
    It isn't his sole opinion. And thankfully to this point it is not Blizzard's opinion that this makes sense either.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Just because you feel that a completely shamanistic race would also include worship of the light does not make it so. There is no arguement or rebuttal that "sufficiently rebutted" that fact. Except in the minds of the fan base that want this change. Which are thankfully an minority. Horde got Holy Cows and evil life sucking elf paladins much to the chagrin of the real paladin population. Enough is enough.

- - - Updated - - -

It isn't his sole opinion. And thankfully to this point it is not Blizzard's opinion that this makes sense either.
    Mate, prelates already exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Zandalari have been shown to receive light-like powers from the Loas specifically in the BFA alpha footage. They can use the light, whether from that source, or their own, as priests. That much is confirmed. The only argument left is whether they can manifest that power in a warrior like form, as a paladin. Which makes sense, being a warrior-themed religious society.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey303 View Post
    Zandalari have been shown to receive light-like powers from the Loas specifically in the BFA alpha footage. They can use the light, whether from that source, or their own, as priests. That much is confirmed. The only argument left is whether they can manifest that power in a warrior like form, as a paladin. Which makes sense, being a warrior-themed religious society.
    Being a Paladin is much more than being a warrior with a certain spell set. Much more. And being some slimey little god king worshipping toady doesn't fit that bill.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

- - - Updated - - -

I meant as in he sounded like he was like "I think this is right so that is how Blizz should make it"

Being a Paladin is much more than being a warrior with a certain spell set. Much more. And being some slimey little god king worshipping toady doesn't fit that bill.
    So sayeth the human paladin. :^)

5+ Year Old Account
    Dark Iron Dwarves made deals with Ragnaros.

They summon elementals to battle for them.

The central anvil of their big city has got a Fire Elemental guarding it.

They work with the Twilight's Hammer summoning, binding, and corrupting elementals.

Can't be Shaman.

Zandalari worship the Loa.

Their priests wield the light.

Their culture fixates on Gold much like Paladin Armors.

Their Prelates wear Armor and wield Shields and Swords.

They use renamed Paladin spells.

They have Paladins in the game's Lore.

Can't be Paladins.

All 'cause of some "Let's make this more like Vanilla WoW!" imperative.

Screw that! Gimme Dark Iron Shammies and Zandadins.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Dark Iron Dwarves made deals with Ragnaros.

They summon elementals to battle for them.

The central anvil of their big city has got a Fire Elemental guarding it.

They work with the Twilight's Hammer summoning, binding, and corrupting elementals.

Can't be Shaman.

Zandalari worship the Loa.

Their priests wield the light.

Their culture fixates on Gold much like Paladin Armors.

Their Prelates wear Armor and wield Shields and Swords.

They use renamed Paladin spells.

They have Paladins in the game's Lore.

Can't be Paladins.

All 'cause of some "Let's make this more like Vanilla WoW!" imperative.

Screw that! Gimme Dark Iron Shammies and Zandadins.
    in reality dark iron used mages to summon fire elementals, exactly like regular frost mages summon water ones

Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    What makes less sense is if they can be warlocks.

If you notice the /silly jokes they have claim they do not like dark magic AT ALL, if they have skulls its for decoration purposes. Also their culture does not approve of rogues yet they can be rogues also.
    You do realize that its a /Silly because its a joke right??

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Mate, prelates already exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Prelates existing is more due to breaking up the monotony of mobs which is why they aren't wearing full plate armor. Go thru the list of all the mobs in wow and you will see a bunch that have interesting named abilities. If they really wanted Zandalari to have paladins they would have seeded them in more places than just a single section of a floor in a dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    You're*

and I don't think I run the game. I'm just having an opinion like everyone else.