Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    To all say Frost Swords are small, I'd like to inform you that their thickness is literally the size of characters neck and length is the about the torso.

Maybe you haven't lifted any sword in life but that amount of mass is considered to be 2 handed weapon and we are yielding it in one hand.

On top of all, dual wielding has been considered so hard to master that swordsmen at the past were only allowed to dual wield once they mastered 2 handed weapons, even then it took so many years to use it effectively on combat that it was deemed "ineffective"

And we, frost dks, mastered it.

That knowledge makes DW superior over 2-Handed day and night, 24/7.

I am all fine for a glyph that makes our dual wielding weapons look a bit bigger and use animations of 2 handed but aside from that, No.

Quote Originally Posted by nathrizarri View Post
    To all say Frost Swords are small, I'd like to inform you that their thickness is literally the size of characters neck and length is the about the torso.

Maybe you haven't lifted any sword in life but that amount of mass is considered to be 2 handed weapon and we are yielding it in one hand.

On top of all, dual wielding has been considered so hard to master that swordsmen at the past were only allowed to dual wield once they mastered 2 handed weapons, even then it took so many years to use it effectively on combat that it was deemed "ineffective"

But you are comparing a fantasy game to real life. With that logic one could mention that all you and other DK's have mastered is a mouse and keyboard.

Deleted

Your mental gymnastics to try and justify the shitshow that is DW frost is hilarious.

Simple fact is, when most people picture what it is to be a deathknight its a plate clad person with a large runeblade (Arthas), no one wants to be a fast attacking rogue in plate throwing puffs of cold wind around

10+ Year Old Account
    I get what you are saying but wow's general fantasy exist in magical realm, when it comes to physical stuff i'd say its pretty close to real.

Quote Originally Posted by Vesoha View Post
    But you are comparing a fantasy game to real life. With that logic one could mention that all you and other DK's have mastered is a mouse and keyboard.
    - - - Updated - - -

From a fantasy perspective if u take the DW away from Frost there isnt much fantasy left. U are just a frost mage using 2 handers. DW was one of the thing that made frost special within DK specs.

Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    Your mental gymnastics to try and justify the shitshow that is DW frost is hilarious.

Simple fact is, when most people picture what it is to be a deathknight its a plate clad person with a large runeblade (Arthas), no one wants to be a fast attacking rogue in plate throwing puffs of cold wind around
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post

u used fact and noone wanting to be like the live version yet there is a silent majority that disproves you

u used fact and noone wanting to be like the live version yet there is a silent majority that disproves you
    Do you have some statistics or poll data or such to back that up?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellborne87 View Post
    Don't really get why people want 2H Frost back so badly. That means all of the artifact appearances you've unlocked this xpac will be useless to you. It also seems odd because Frost is so fast and spammy. It would look very strange to see a giant 2H sword being flung around like a twig in order to visually match how many abilities we're actually spamming.

I dont care, either way. I like 'em both. Just don't get the seeming-obsession with it.
    Probably because many people started as twohanded frost, they see deathknights as a twohanded class, its never fun to lose an option, R.I.P Blood dps.
    Lok'tar Ogar! Death to the Alliance filth in the name of the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylad View Post
    Do you have some statistics or poll data or such to back that up?
    Even in this thread, gathering point of 2 handed Frost supporters, you face heavy opposition.

I don't think there are considerable amount of players who play Frost despite hating the fact that it is Dual Wield. They probably play Unholy instead, without making such drama.

IF there was an overwhelming majority of players wanted SOLELY 2 handed frost, official forums would be swarmed by them.

Blizzard has data tool that we don't and up untill the Legion, I believe they have done their research well whether to push DW or 2 handed frost.

dual wield unholy to ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dual Wield back in the WOTLK, existed in Frost via talent and Frost was the Trademark DK DW spec.

I believe UH fits Arthas theme more therefor design team made UH 2 handed.

I would say %90 of Arthas was UH and %10 was frost.

How well it lives up to the fantasy, that is questionable

hope we never see 2hand coming back to frost, it was pure shit in the past to balance 2hand and dual, since the removal of 2hand, the spec never been so good to play

you want 2hand, just play the boring unholy spec one

Eh? Wouldn't it be nice to have OPTIONS and not one way or the other? Blizzard seems keen on "Play this way. NO! ONLY this way!"

Quote Originally Posted by swooper View Post
    I miss 2H frost so much! I just don't feel like a Death Knight when I am duel wielding.
    The players; "Why do Death Knights have no Mobility?!"

Blizzard; "Because they are supposed to be these slow, hard hitting juggernauts."

The players; "Fair enough, but why do Frost Death Knights then dual wield small soft hitting swords with high attack speed?"

Blizzard; "Because otherwise it would make sense... and we can't have that can we."

....... Blizzard logic

I definitely feel like I am the only one who redesigned their character all around the Frost dual wield that is in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swooper View Post
    I miss 2H frost so much! I just don't feel like a Death Knight when I am duel wielding.
    Agreed.

If I wanted to be a dual-wielding bitch, I would've rolled a rogue.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    The players; "Why do Death Knights have no Mobility?!"

Blizzard; "Because they are supposed to be these slow, hard hitting juggernauts."

The players; "Fair enough, but why do Frost Death Knights then dual wield small soft hitting swords with high attack speed?"

Blizzard; "Because otherwise it would make sense... and we can't have that can we."

....... Blizzard logic
    I have seen this said so many times that I finally feel as though I should comment on it.

The 'slow' here is referring to movement speed, not attack speed as mentioned in the first line of your post, so has nothing to do with 1/2 Handed weapons.

Also, soft hitting swords? I, and a lot of other Frost DK's, are hitting like trucks.

'Because they are supposed to be these slow, hard hitting juggernauts.' This is exactly what we are right now.

Your logic is as bad as you think Blizzards is. and FWIW, I'm totally open to Frost going 2H.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really get why people want 2H Frost back so badly. That means all of the artifact appearances you've unlocked this xpac will be useless to you. It also seems odd because Frost is so fast and spammy. It would look very strange to see a giant 2H sword being flung around like a twig in order to visually match how many abilities we're actually spamming.

I dont care, either way. I like 'em both. Just don't get the seeming-obsession with it.
    A lot of people don't care about artifact skins.
    Also, "Obliterate" You want to smash someones head in with that and crit for tons of damage, Obliterate with dual-wielding hits look like wet noodles.
    Why run with 2 small weapons like a little bitch when you can wield a massive weapon like Armageddon and literally obliterate someones face with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    A lot of people don't care about artifact skins.
    Also, "Obliterate" You want to smash someones head in with that and crit for tons of damage, Obliterate with dual-wielding hits look like wet noodles.
    Why run with 2 small weapons like a little bitch when you can wield a massive weapon like Armageddon and literally obliterate someones face with it.
    No cosmetic change will make obliterate live up to its name as long as Killing Machine serves as an Obliterate fall-off preventer rather than the core proc of the spec.

Frost Strike hits bigger than Obliterate,

Obliterate just happens to hit less bigger but more often to compensate.

Instead of bringing up topics based on bias and childish salt, try to come up with a solution that will solve:

Frost DK spender(Frost Strike) has no impact,

Frost DK's only way to alternative Runic Power usage is BoS, talent, situational, while there are 2 talents that reforge the rune priority(Frostscythe/Glacial Advance) which I believe should not be touched and talents should be focusing on Runic Power spenders since specs description says "channeling runic power".

No matter how much % damage Obliterate has, Frost Strike will take over in time due to boring and idiotic Mastery of Frost.

If I wanted to improve Frost DK, dw vs 2 hander would be the least of my concern.

How will you solve razorice issue? I don't like the enchant itself, it is limiting and does not offer anything exciting, but It is there and going 2 Hander and being forced into single runeforge is a disadvantage over DW.

Besides, Obliterate's animation is by far superior when performing with DW compared to 2-hander. UH's Apocalypse/Soul Reaper looks funny because that animation itself is designed for DW characters.

--

I'd like to see a Toggle'able Breath of Sindragosa as Baseline for example rahter than 2 min CD talent. Will certainly spice up the basic gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayiicha View Post
    I have seen this said so many times that I finally feel as though I should comment on it.

The 'slow' here is referring to movement speed, not attack speed as mentioned in the first line of your post, so has nothing to do with 1/2 Handed weapons.

Also, soft hitting swords? I, and a lot of other Frost DK's, are hitting like trucks.

'Because they are supposed to be these slow, hard hitting juggernauts.' This is exactly what we are right now.

Your logic is as bad as you think Blizzards is. and FWIW, I'm totally open to Frost going 2H.
    In my opinion a slow jauggernaut should both have slow mobility and slow attack speed. Otherwise it doesn't make sense for me I also think it would fit the fantasy of a frozen, dead knight better to not attack lige a "machinegun"

"Soft hitting swords" were refering to "damage per attack" and compared to e.g. Arms' "damage per attack" our attacks are pretty "soft".

Why do you say I think the logic of Blizzard is bad? I think it's rude of you to demean my logic

Well then just shut up

Excuse me, you little chode? I haven't posted in this thread since the beginning of it. You're going to dig up my mostly neutral post and fling shit at me? I hope you get in a car wreck.

Anyways, while I'm here... To anyone suggesting they go back to giving us the choice between DW and 2H, have you been living under a rock? The subspec issue was the reason they couldn't balance the spec, in the first place.

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Stacie; 2018-02-20 at 10:58 AM. Reason: INFRACTION
    Hellborne - US Illidan
    Armory | Warcraft Logs | Raider.IO