Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Japan has a lot of good/somewhat faithful live action adaptions for anime since its a big industry over there and the expectations are such. I really liked the Japanese Death Note movies (not the western-focused one that came out recently)

Its a rabbit hole that you might want to go down

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Japan has a lot of good/somewhat faithful live action adaptions for anime since its a big industry over there and the expectations are such. I really liked the Japanese Death Note movies (not the western-focused one that came out recently)

Its a rabbit hole that you might want to go down
    The Death Note ones (original 2) was good just annoying how they changed the ending
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

So far the Real Action reboot of Anime TV series pretty much sucked for most of them. Dragonball comes to mind. I don't see how this one will be any different.
    Lately, Ghost in the Shell was not great, but not bad... but it was a copy/paste of one of the movie, so nothing new and the original is still way better.
    I didnt even bothered with the Death Note Reboot serie (or Attack on Titans movie) for the reasons stated above. But its a "good way" to promote great series so that people can see the Anime for themselves.

I've been laughing at the fact Japan keeps taking anime with majority white characters and making then Japanese, meanwhile we do the opposite. We just need to team up and help each other.

Now we wait with bated breath for the Cowbow Beebop live adaptation.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by xlanonym0uslx View Post
    Hollywood's done anime adaptations other than Death Note? that's new to me, and probably everyone else
    The most recent one except Death Note is Ghost in the shell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    Now we wait with bated breath for the Cowbow Beebop live adaptation.
    Next one is Bleach and it already has a trailer.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That will very per person, I personally have seen that happen. I disagree with the atmosphere being the same. But it all really comes down to opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Right and that's why its just called A Netflix Flim and not Netflix Original Flim.

Once again learn the difference.
    Thats like calling a movie you get from blockbuster A BLOCKBUSTER FILM.

Deleted
    A shame... the gintama movie wasn't any good either.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Thats like calling a movie you get from blockbuster A BLOCKBUSTER FILM.
    Ya not arguing about this anymore, Your just wanting to bitch and moan at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Looks like bad cosplay . . .
    Yes it does lol.

5) No English audio at all, the only choice for English is like watching a book being read to you..
    Seriously? You're severely missing out on amazing movies if you refuse to watch foreign language movies due to having to read subtitles.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    The anime itself is the most overrated series ever. I've crawled through some 10 episodes and I was annoyed by childish humour on one hand and stale plot on the other, and even if I hadn't doubted general audience's judgment before, I sure as hell started after seeing it was ranked 1 of all time on MAL. It had decent moments, like that episode with that girl's mutation (which seems to be the title picture for the trailer), but it was buried under all the goofyness.
    FMAB is definitely a story that takes time to ramp up. I'm also not a fan of the spazzy humor either, but that becomes less common as the story gets more serious and starts to get deeper into the lore and stuff. It isn't my favorite story of all time, but it is definitely a story that is worth watching all the way through. Though, I can understand if someone wouldn't want to have to go through ~15 episodes until the story actually starts to pick-up.

Wait .. You are trying to tell me a series that is over 20 hours long, comes across rushed when it is shortened down to 2? Absolutely shocking, nobody saw that coming.

Lust and Envy look fairly believable but Ed and Winry as adults, bad, just bad.

Wait. Did they try to do the entire thing in one movie?

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Seriously? You're severely missing out on amazing movies if you refuse to watch foreign language movies due to having to read subtitles.
    I don't mind reading subtitles it just depends the movie.

This annoyed the shit out me that the only English in it was literally a audio book reading...

The Death Note ones (original 2) was good just annoying how they changed the ending
    If they weren't going to properly do the near/mello story arc I acrually liked the way they wrapped up the second movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Lust and Envy look fairly believable but Ed and Winry as adults, bad, just bad.
    Ya Lust and Envy may have been the only part's that was done somewhat correctly...but barely.

10+ Year Old Account
    fma - yay
    live action - boo
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm baffled they'd attempt to squeeze such an amazing story into just a single moving picture. Might be great for the non-fans but it's bound to be an affront on any fan this might be targeted at... Can't do it justice in just 90-120 mins but I'll believe it when I see it.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.