Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Yea no, having 3 children isn't "replacement birthrate" its an increase. We have plenty of humans as it is and there really is no need to have more of them running around. Its still Janet's choice, and her responsibility to make her life work.
    If you like market capitalism then an increase is absolutely necessary. Sucks to suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Its still Janet's choice, and her responsibility to make her life work.
    Janet, responsibly, convinced society to be specially interested in her kids.
    Janet is just very smart business-wise.

git gud, men

Yea no, having 3 children isn't "replacement birthrate" its an increase. We have plenty of humans as it is and there really is no need to have more of them running around. Its still Janet's choice, and her responsibility to make her life work.
    We need to start killing the elderly then at around 60 years old in order for that statement to be viable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    ITV is just one step above the daily mail, but not that far.

Stop using bad news websites.
    It's a story addressed in multiple news sources

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    If you like market capitalism then an increase is absolutely necessary. Sucks to suck.
    That is a big if, and no im not a fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a big if, and no im not a fan.
    Go figure.

The problem with overpopulation is not one of available resources, it's that our systems have not been able to ensure the existing population lives at an acceptable standard. Yet.

We don't actually know what humanity's carrying capacity is, if it even has one at this point.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    We need to start killing the elderly then at around 60 years old in order for that statement to be viable.
    /clap this must be the dumbest thing ive read today..

/clap this must be the dumbest thing ive read today..
    You need young people participating in the economy, paying taxes etc. in order to be able to pay for the elderly getting their medicare, retirement benefits etc.

Without them the system won't be balanced and will be losing money.

Deleted
    Go figure.

The problem with overpopulation is not one of available resources, it's that our systems have not been able to ensure the existing population lives at an acceptable standard. Yet.

We don't actually know what humanity's carrying capacity is, if it even has one at this point.
    The problems of overpopulation is one of available resources, there is just not enough room to sustain our current population with our current technology. We could feed everyone today if we wanted to, but that would mean that we have to make that our goal instead of making money, and im not seeing that one happening. But our current rate of doing things is unsustainable.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problems of overpopulation is one of available resources, there is just not enough room to sustain our current population with our current technology. We could feed everyone today if we wanted to, but that would mean that we have to make that our goal instead of making money, and im not seeing that one happening. But our current rate of doing things is unsustainable.
    You're contradicting yourself here. I'll wait.

If you knowingly take a job as a pregnant woman and don't tell the person hiring that you are pregnant you have a shitty moral compass and would be seen as abusing the system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    You need young people participating in the economy, paying taxes etc. in order to be able to pay for the elderly getting their medicare, retirement benefits etc.

Without them the system won't be balanced and will be losing money.
    Or we could automate, like we have been doing for centuries?! Everything from transport to warehouses and even doctors are being automated fast, we are able to do much more work with less people then ever, this will continue too.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Hiring someone based on sex or race alone and by doing so excluding another race/sex is sexist and racist is what he is saying.
    It's also against the law in this country.

Deleted
    You're contradicting yourself here. I'll wait.
    Yea no, not a "gotcha" moment, if you cared to read then you'd see that it says
    but that would mean that we have to make that our goal instead of making money
    So no, not sustainable at this time.

I remember when my wife was pregnant with our first and her office joked about how she's a tough girl and only needed 2 weeks of maternity leave after the baby. When she said she was planning on taking 8 (unpaid), she started getting written up left and right for shit she never did. Like leave the back of the dental office unlocked after hours, even though she was off at 3 that day and they closed at 630. They ended up firing her, but it was all good. It's easier to have her stay at home until our kids are in school anyways.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea no, not a "gotcha" moment, if you cared to read then you'd see that it says

So no, not sustainable at this time.
    You stated that we don't have the technology or resources to support everyone, and then claimed that we -could- support everyone with our current technology. Which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    If you knowingly take a job as a pregnant woman and don't tell the person hiring that you are pregnant you have a shitty moral compass and would be seen as abusing the system.
    As opposed to telling them you are pregnant, and being denied the job because "They have decided to go with another candidate who was a better fit."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    I remember when my wife was pregnant with our first and her office joked about how she's a tough girl and only needed 2 weeks of maternity leave after the baby. When she said she was planning on taking 8 (unpaid), she started getting written up left and right for shit she never did. Like leave the back of the dental office unlocked after hours, even though she was off at 3 that day and they closed at 630. They ended up firing her, but it was all good. It's easier to have her stay at home until our kids are in school anyways.
    Sounds like you should have sued for wrongful termination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    As opposed to telling them you are pregnant, and being denied the job because "They have decided to go with another candidate who was a better fit."
    Because Women totally don't have the ability to plan their lives out properly and prepare to have a child in a responsible manner like an intelligent human? No Women are all dumb right?

Deleted
    You stated that we don't have the technology or resources to support everyone, and then claimed that we -could- support everyone with our current technology. Which is it?
    We can not at this time the way we do it now, I've told you this 3 times now. my excuses to the rest of the forum but apparently didactic needs it like this WE COULD ONLY CURRENTLY DO IT IF WE MADE IT OUR SOLE PRIORITY TO FEED EVERYONE..

And this is not our current system, so no, we can not do it at this time. See, its not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Because Women totally don't have the ability to plan their lives out properly and prepare to have a child in a responsible manner like an intelligent human? No Women are all dumb right?
    Clearly there is no possibility of birth control failing but you actually want to have a child, right?

Obviously there is zero possibility that such an event might happen while you are seeking new employment, right?

- - - Updated - - -

We can not at this time the way we do it now, I've told you this 3 times now. my excuses to the rest of the forum but apparently didactic needs it like this WE COULD ONLY CURRENTLY DO IT IF WE MADE IT OUR SOLE PRIORITY TO FEED EVERYONE..

And this is not our current system, so no, we can not do it at this time. See, its not that hard.
    I mean, he's arguing semantics, but you are flat wrong.

We CAN feed the entire world given current technology. We CHOOSE not to due to profit motives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.