Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    But you're wrong, that is just PR fluff again thrown out by Sony.

The FFXIV director let the cat out of the bag on why Sony will not support any crossplay that involves Xbox period. The reason is MS requires the option to only play with XBL users, aka they want the best of both worlds.

Sony has been doing crossplay since the PS2 days, they're just not going to do them on MSs terms and MS has no leverage to try and make demands on how it happens.

Meanwhile MS is spending all this PR money to fly around Phil Spencer to blow smoke up peoples asses, while Sony is spending money... actually... making... games.

Which one is better for gamers? I'll take games over the guy who talks about putting an emphasis on games with nothing to show for it.
    I dont really follow FFXIV, so i missed the directors comment, but at the same time it doesn't explain why they don't have games like Rocket League as crossplay with the switch? The Switch plays with Xbox and Steam users, but not PS4. Sony is not without fault here. Again, i am pro Sony, but considering all the other platforms are making moves, and they are the ones not, it is starting to look like they are holding it back while pointing fingers at others.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    I dont really follow FFXIV, so i missed the directors comment, but at the same time it doesn't explain why they don't have games like Rocket League as crossplay with the switch? The Switch plays with Xbox and Steam users, but not PS4. Sony is not without fault here. Again, i am pro Sony, but considering all the other platforms are making moves, and they are the ones not, it is starting to look like they are holding it back while pointing fingers at others.
    What are you talking about? Everyone else is making moves and not them? They where the first platform to have Rocket League besides PC, had cross play from the start. Have supported crossplay in both FF MMOs, have had crossplay in f2p titles since the PS3 days, have cross play AND allowed a PC port of a game they fully funded in SFV to expand the player base and competitive nature of the game.

Speaking of Nintendo in particular they have cross play with the DQ MMOs with Nintendo platforms.

Please save me with the claim Sony isn't making moves into crossplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    They wont crossplay:
    With Switch for Rocketleague
    With anyone for Ark
    Fortnite Devs say crossplay incident was shutdown by Sony.

Those are the ones i can think of off the top of my head. Sony has a 2 to 1 market share, so they have no real reason to blanket support crossplay, but it that reason why they are slowing progress of it now. They are trying to control the market. In the 360/PS3 era, the positions were reversed, Microsoft blocking it, but they were also market leaders. Sony is making themselves look like they are leading the charge, but they are also cherry picking where it is allowed. There is no reason why games like MHW should not be Xplatform. Destiny 2 makes sense somewhat with the idiotic console exclusive content, so in PVP a PS4 player doesn't have somethign that an Xbox player literally has not chance of getting (but Destiny 2 is not a good game for many other reasons). Yes, crossplay will help Xbox more than Sony, but ultimately, it helps the players the most.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

XBox was always a bit of a second banana to the Playstation, anyways. It was only really a matter of time before it petered out.

MHW wouldn't be cross play no matter what Sony allowed are you really trying to claim otherwise?

The ONLY capcom title with crossplay is a game that was fully funded by Sony, who Sony told them to put crossplay in.

/facepalm

AAA studios don't give a rats ass about crossplay. Don't kid yourself. If they did all it would take is Activision, Take Two and EA literally saying "cross play on our terms or no games" and everyone would conform to their terms. Why? Because those companies actually have leverage, unlike MS.

You keep acting like Sony won't crossplay with the Switch, when they literally already are. Just not with Rocket League and Minecraft. Wonder why? It shouldn't be hard to figure out.

DQX is crossplay across PS3, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS4, PC and 3DS. Doesn't get anymore crossplay then that guy.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-02-19 at 08:47 PM.

If microsoft made some games they would probably get more coverage. But the lack of games, lack of exclusives and cross PC play there isn't much reason for the xbox to exist really. It might have it's fan base but that will only get so far. Hell nintendo would have been in deep shit if it wasn't for their control on the handheld market.

I still remember last years E3 where microsoft said "the games are coming", still waiting microsoft...
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    MHW wouldn't be cross play no matter what Sony allowed are you really trying to claim otherwise?

The ONLY capcom title with crossplay is a game that was fully funded by Sony, who Sony told them to put crossplay in.

/facepalm
    That is what you took from that. Good to know you are just looking to argue. I am just using MHW as an example as that is what is relevant right now. I never said i expected it to be crossplay, or that it was Sony fault. Although, I do feel that if both sides were already making initiatives to do xplay, then maybe it would be standard in most games. Crossplay realistically should be the rule, not the exception, that would be healthier for the players all around.

Back to the topic at hand, the Xbox definitely is not on Life-support yet, but it feels a lot like the Wii U, like a forgotten device. The XBX should of launched with a huge First Party title like Halo, if they expected it to gain major market share. Go to retailers, you can see that the console is just sitting on shelves, not moving, and if you look closely, Xbox's shelf space is shrinking a lot right now.

That is what you took from that. Good to know you are just looking to argue.
    More like state facts. Sorry it doesn't line up with the narrative you believed to be reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I still remember last years E3 where microsoft said "the games are coming", still waiting microsoft...
    The games are coming!

Sea of Thieves, Crackdown and Forza Horizon 4 bruh!

Oh, you don't want forced MP games with microtransactions? Well we already have a product for that, the Xbox 360(who could forget this famous quote?).

Im not really talking about the Minecraft example, im talking about 3rd party crossplay. Sony has made it clear they want to avoid it because they "can't control the play enviroment, and make sure it is safe for others" or something along those lines.
    And you would be wrong seeing how Playstation has cross-played with...

Rocket League(Ps4/PC)
    Final Fantasy XIV(PS3/PS4/PC)
    Final Fantasy XI(Ps2/PC/360)
    DCUO (PS3/PS4/PC)
    Street Fighter (PS4/PC)

and many other titles.

I just think the lack of crossplay this generation is miserable all across the board.
    There is no lack of it on the Sony side, Like I said don't listen to the Phil Specer PR bullshit. Sony has been doing Cross-Play since the PS2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I think consoles in general are seeing a downturn as PC gaming becomes a more popular alternative.
    And you would be wrong and the numbers show it. Consoles are doing better this gen in sells than last gen already.

- - - Updated - - -

Back to the topic at hand, the Xbox definitely is not on Life-support yet, but it feels a lot like the Wii U, like a forgotten device. The XBX should of launched with a huge First Party title like Halo, if they expected it to gain major market share. Go to retailers, you can see that the console is just sitting on shelves, not moving, and if you look closely, Xbox's shelf space is shrinking a lot right now.
    Wouldn't have mattered if it launched with Halo or Gears or well both. Nether series (and I'm a big fan of gears) sells as well as the ones before it. Both series have blown there load and both Halo 5 and Gears 4 was seen as average games at best. When it comes to the launch state of the XboxOne its fate was sealed the moment they tried to push DRM.

Microsoft needs more than the Bro Shooter games in there pocket. I am impressed they are making Sea of Thieves but that is going to be a extremely niche title and likely just streamer bait.

If Crackdown 3 comes out to be a better than average game ill be impressed seeing how it gets delayed non-stop.

- - - Updated - - -

Well we already have a product for that, the Xbox 360(who could forget this famous quote?).
    That quote killed me, Such a nice way to shoot your brand new $500 console right in the face.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    But you're wrong, that is just PR fluff again thrown out by Sony.

The FFXIV director let the cat out of the bag on why Sony will not support any crossplay that involves Xbox period. The reason is MS requires the option to only play with XBL users, aka they want the best of both worlds.
    I'd like to see that source because I'm fairly sure you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    I'd like to see that source because I'm fairly sure you are wrong.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/...60-or-xbox-one

The game director of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn has explained the title won't be coming to Microsoft consoles as Xbox Live policies don't support cross-play with other platforms.
    "The policy has not changed on Microsoft's side," he revealed. "The main reason from our side is that I don't want the community to be divided; to be split into two or more. For example, one player might be on the PC version, another might be on the PS4 version, and I'm playing the Xbox version - but we're not able to join the same game servers. That is just... I just don't like the idea. I disagree with it."
    Why do you think DCUO isn't Cross-Platform with PC? Unless Microsoft controls it they won't cross-platform, It has to be on their terms and its always been that way.

Fun Fact: Final Fantasy XI was Cross-Platform with 360/PC/PS2 but the 360 version was the most expensive version to play because Xbox Gold was required.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-02-19 at 10:08 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Gaming pc and ps4 is a better combo.
    Yep. A Nintendo Switch is also a great investment too - it keeps me sane on 4-6 hour train journeys whenever I go and visit family. With all three, I'm pretty much covered so there's no need for me to snag an XBOX as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If Crackdown 3 comes out to be a better than average game ill be impressed seeing how it gets delayed non-stop.
    If it even comes out. "Spring 2018" is the current release date...that's not far away and they still don't have a date set, and on top of that the only gameplay they've ever shown is from E3. The gameplay that was shown also didn't look very good. It looks like Amazon Spain leaked a June 29th release date. I think I'm more interested in how good/bad this game will be and it's reception at release than actually playing.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I think I'm more interested in how good/bad this game will be and it's reception at release than actually playing.
    I'm the same way and for me its a game ill get when its $30 or less. June mite be the only time this year it can come out and it not get killed due to other game releases.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    If it even comes out. "Spring 2018" is the current release date...that's not far away and they still don't have a date set, and on top of that the only gameplay they've ever shown is from E3. The gameplay that was shown also didn't look very good. It looks like Amazon Spain leaked a June 29th release date. I think I'm more interested in how good/bad this game will be and it's reception at release than actually playing.
    The first two crackdowns weren't even that good anyways....so I wouldn't be surprised if Crackdown 3 was mediocre as well. As someone who typically favors Xbox, I am pretty much writing the console off as dead, and I paid $500 for a UHD player/4k streaming box that can also plays games if I want to play them.....

They need to do what Sony did during the PS3/360 era and start making new IPs with their current studios and not buying timed exclusive rights to established IPs like they did with rise of the tomb raider.

I'm the same way and for me its a game ill get when its $30 or less. June mite be the only time this year it can come out and it not get killed due to other game releases.
    I think Spiderman might come out around June(it's Q2, so before July). If so, Sony will be laughing to the bank with the "competition" of Crackdown 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    The first two crackdowns weren't even that good anyways....so I wouldn't be surprised if Crackdown 3 was mediocre as well. As someone who typically favors Xbox, I am pretty much writing the console off as dead, and I paid $500 for a UHD player/4k streaming box that can also plays games if I want to play them.....
    The first crackdown was a decent game. 2nd one was pretty bad. I initially had hopes for 3, but that was like 4 years ago. After being in dev hell for so long and with forced GAAS shit its hard to imagine it will be worth a shit.

Well we already have a product for that, the Xbox 360(who could forget this famous quote?).
    I fucking forgot

oh my god I remember face palming

Don is also out of a job now, probably took an early retirement

edit: apparently hes just been gloating about creating the sims for EA lol
    Last edited by zito; 2018-02-20 at 01:04 AM.

I think Spiderman might come out around June(it's Q2, so before July). If so, Sony will be laughing to the bank with the "competition" of Crackdown 3.
    Hell even if they push Spiderman to holiday'/s and release Day's Gone in the summer that will still kill it. Crackdown 3 can not release next to any other IP's or its DOA.

The hype for it right now is so low it isn't even funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    apparently hes just been gloating about creating the sims for EA lol
    Such an achievement lol.

Hell even if they push Spiderman to holiday'/s and release Day's Gone in the summer that will still kill it. Crackdown 3 can not release next to any other IP's or its DOA.

The hype for it right now is so low it isn't even funny.
    I think it will sell well because.... well.... look at the switch. 1 2 switch sold quite well for a piece of trash that it is but there wasn't any other games besides zelda and bomberman. Same logic applies here.

Besides it's coming to PC too isn't it? I still believe microsoft should cut the xbox and develop pre built gaming PCs since that's essentially what the 1X is

For people who have a gaming PC there is 0 reason to own an Xbox.