Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    Yeah its the equivilant of the ingame Pirates of the Caribbean, with the role of Keira Knightly played by Jaina Proudmore.
    I'm okay with that.

If you are not a fan of jaina or the pirates..... well bfa will suck for you as alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Prifter View Post
    Yeah I try to be positive about it!

At least once we reach max level we will be able to quest in the Horde's zones and vice versa, right?
    From what I understood yes, albeit at this point we'll probably get WQs mostly. I doubt the Alliance gets a retread of the Horde's story/leveling quests or vice versa.

As an outlaw rogue I am stoked. More pirates = more pirate transmogs. YARR!!

Look at it this way would you rather be spending time with a bunch of pirates:

Or an Island of Trolls:

sadly the alliance theme is always boring ,shiny armor, holy goats, there is no mystery or attractive to the future.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Was looking through BfA zones and dungeons and it looks like Alliance side of things is almost entirely pirate stuff (with the remainder being Drust). Two zones dedicated to them + 4 dungeons. Anyone else think this is a bit over much?

You look over Horde side and they have titan stuff, freeing a race from slavery, blood gods, lots of politics, and cultural building for multiple races.
    Go alliance and its: Pirates, the Drust which are admittedly cool, pirates starting a war, pirate prison, pirate strongholds, and some more pirates.
    "Just more pirates" you mean how like only one of the zones has abit of pirates in it?
    you really didnt look at the zones or the storyline
    one of the zones is about witches a dark curse, hexxing, and monsters of dark magic aswell as people having an all our war against these cultists placing towns under stasis with blue and black magic.

also you cant go "horde side all dis" then alliance and instantly compile everything into just pirates when you could do the same "Just trolls and blood" for the horde side.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    There are three zones. Each has it's own enemy - just like in Zandalar (where the zones revolve around the Sethrak, Zul, and Blood Trolls).

Drustvar focuses on the ancient Drust people, who are "death druids" that the early humans killed in Kul Tiras. They are the wicker enemies we've seen. There are entire haunted forests and ghost towns because of this. House Waycrest allies themselves with the Drust for power, culminating in us fighting them and the Drust King in Waycrest Manor - a 5 man dungeon.

Stormsong Valley deals with the Sea Priests. They're very important to Kul Tiras' culture. They bless ships and cleanse people with water. However, production of the ships has been slowed down for some reason. There's a "curse" going around the Sea Priests, which seems to be Old God related. They have Faceless One-like faces, their temple looks like a squid/Faceless One, and the culture has even adapted to this by having those types of motifs inside and outside their very homes and shops. Their temple is also a 5 man dungeon.

The only zone with pirates seems to be Tiragarde Sound, which does have Freehold in it. But, there's also a Naga/Old God plot to that zone, it seems. One of the noble houses joins Azshara and attacks Boralus, which is in Tiragarde Sound. That attack is also a 5 man dungeon, just like Freehold. Pirates are only one part of the story of Kul Tiras. So, don't know where you got the idea that it's "all" about pirates.
    On top of that, there's also the political plot related to the Proudmoore's. Not sure how much time is spent on that other than introduction where Jaina gets thrown in a dungeon (or was it the player?), but it's there and also not pirate-y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Death druid and wooden golems

Pirates

Lovecraft tentacle cult

All of these sound amazing. If I wasn't such a easy lay for troll lore I'd be jealous of the Allaince range and variability of enemy as as opposed to the Hordes

Troll outcast and snakes

Blood trolls

Troll rebels

Not that I'm complaining about the Horde side.
    They aren't "Death Druids" or Druids at all. They're witches. Just witches. So, it's Human Witches, Human Pirates, and Human Cultists, if we're being dismissive.

However, what really matters is implementation. When I looked through Drustvar, I was sorely disappointed despite the fact that I was really looking forward to Drustvar. Nazmir had more variability. Other zones may differ.

10+ Year Old Account
    When did we do Pirates last in WoW? Definitely longer ago than Old Gods and titan constructs

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    Biased much? One could as well say "Damn man, Horde looks boring af in BFA, it's all trolls RIP"
    Yupp, couldn't agree more with this. The grass isn't always greener on the other side...

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Was looking through BfA zones and dungeons and it looks like Alliance side of things is almost entirely pirate stuff (with the remainder being Drust). Two zones dedicated to them + 4 dungeons. Anyone else think this is a bit over much?

You look over Horde side and they have titan stuff, freeing a race from slavery, blood gods, lots of politics, and cultural building for multiple races.
    Go alliance and its: Pirates, the Drust which are admittedly cool, pirates starting a war, pirate prison, pirate strongholds, and some more pirates.
    You could say the same about the Horde story on Zandalar being centered just around trolls. I believe both zones will be equally good. I am sick of all that trolls already.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "Just more pirates" you mean how like only one of the zones has abit of pirates in it?
    you really didnt look at the zones or the storyline
    one of the zones is about witches a dark curse, hexxing, and monsters of dark magic aswell as people having an all our war against these cultists placing towns under stasis with blue and black magic.

also you cant go "horde side all dis" then alliance and instantly compile everything into just pirates when you could do the same "Just trolls and blood" for the horde side.
    Please stop interrupting the autistic screeching with logic and the truth. It will only confuse them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Leave the important business for the important faction
    Oh you mean like the burning Legion on Argus and Antorus where almost no prominent Horde npc was in sight?
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    a 1 dimensional story for a 1 dimensional faction in my opinion. alliance isnt complex at all which is why most people see it as the good guy faction.
    >Alleria Windrunner avatar. Very alliance person.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Oh you mean like the burning Legion on Argus and Antorus where almost no prominent Horde npc was in sight?
    Lady Liadrin was present in Antorus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    >Alleria Windrunner avatar. Very alliance person.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is why I said "almost" .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

7+ Year Old Account
    i mean, what would you except? zandalar with blood trolls and their blood god, and kultiras with pirates and tht druid death magic stuff, i don't see a problem

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    he mean a prominent horde npc 4Head
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-02-20 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    NO... That didn't happen..

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    They aren't "Death Druids" or Druids at all. They're witches. Just witches. So, it's Human Witches, Human Pirates, and Human Cultists, if we're being dismissive.

However, what really matters is implementation. When I looked through Drustvar, I was sorely disappointed despite the fact that I was really looking forward to Drustvar. Nazmir had more variability. Other zones may differ.
    The Drust were referred to as "death druids" several times during the initial announcement. It's not just a random name that fans came up with - devs and fansites reported them (and the witches) as such, and confirmed that the magic they use is a variation of druidism. It was said in interviews that they use a combination of ancient druidic magic with death magic, thus wicker enemies.
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=275506/t...s-and-zandalar
    Kul Tiras has some new characters and the land itself is a very dark land. Witches have been using the ancient druidic magic called death magic. Because its a druidic type of magic, there are large treant wicker type creature that walk the land along with wicker beasts that are made of wood and bone.
    Drustvar epitomizes the druidic and witchy magic that inhabits many corners of Kul Tiras
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...ld-of-Warcraft
    Drustvar
    Lots of creatures that utilize death magic
    Wanted to combine death magic with druidic feel
    Ancient druidic death magic spell effects for witches
    Wanted to incorporate spirit magic in the feel of the creatures in the zone as well.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    The Drust were referred to as "death druids" several times during the initial announcement. It's not just a random name that fans came up with - devs and fansites reported them (and the witches) as such, and confirmed that the magic they use is a variation of druidism. It was said in interviews that they use a combination of ancient druidic magic with death magic, thus wicker enemies.
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=275506/t...s-and-zandalar

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...ld-of-Warcraft
    It's loosely based on Celtic sacrificial practices, so in that way it's "Druidism", but it otherwise bears no resemblance to Warcraft Druidism. Maybe that'll change in the future. The Drust NPC files call them Deathshapers, and they animate dead vegetation and bone in the shape of effigies.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2018-02-20 at 03:43 PM.