Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    They went to shit in Nighthold. As a new spec with limited community presence and theory crafting. Blizzard just kinda did what ever with them. Not understanding their own game play mechanics to the degree of the community they made a tier set that was completely useless, only siming about 40k dps higher than the previous tier. The spec was abandoned soon after.
    When I went up the stair, I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today. I wish I wish he'd go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    Whale Shark is the devourer of the slow moving and inattentive. This includes plankton, whales, and AFK players.

Whale Shark swims where and how it pleases. Whale Shark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    Pvp is a thing man. If you pick the talent axes, they do decent dmg when kiting.
    For leveling, throwing axes nearly 1 shot mobs 30+. Great talent for that, can't speak on much else... But flanking strike 1 shots and throwing axes almost do, so you can mow down mobs quite fast.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    So ... by your logic ... warlocks / mages need a melee specc, too ?
    Would be awesome if they had one

Quote Originally Posted by aikanaro View Post
    Wasn't even a year I don't think. You actually ended up going more points into sv than mm (for the extra agility) once you got full t2 or better. Only one hunter needed to have trueshot aura.
    Vanilla surv offered nothing more than some PvP skills to work around the old deadzone. BC offered a real raid spec (for at least a year) with huge raid utility and damage. TSA was a flat 100 ap which became garbage early T2 and dead by T3, BM for Ferocious Inspiration became the preferred choice (assuming you had 1 surv hunter geared for agi).

BM and MM buffs were only party wide and MM had mana problems without a shaman in the group. 3% damage > 100 ap and BM had no issues with mana.

Surv was fully mana efficient and benefited all physical attacks in the raid and could slot into any party.

This is the Surv I miss the most. Closely followed by Wrath and MoP as Explosive Shot was new and fun.

I still dream of a day where Survival spec would be changed to a tanking spec with pets.... that would be so awesome! (and first mail gear tank )

All I’ve ever wanted was to fight along side my pet in battle. I know people will say “go play UH DK, then.” I’ve loved and played Hunter since BC, and have always wanted to play to a style similar to WC3 Rexxar. I prefer current SV and completely disagree with the upcoming BfA changes. The MoP-WoD SC Hunters irritate me because they praise this decision without understanding that the playstyle isn’t going to be what they want. I understand that they miss their spec, but removing SV’s current incarnation won’t bring it back.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolly View Post
    All I’ve ever wanted was to fight along side my pet in battle.
    There's nothing stopping you doing that as BM spec right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    There's nothing stopping you doing that as BM spec right now.
    BM is ranged. I’m talking melee. I like the way current SV works. I’m imagining basically comboing an enemy with flanking strike. Axe to the front, fangs to the back.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodyaxe2018 View Post
    Vanilla surv offered nothing more than some PvP skills to work around the old deadzone. BC offered a real raid spec (for at least a year) with huge raid utility and damage. TSA was a flat 100 ap which became garbage early T2 and dead by T3, BM for Ferocious Inspiration became the preferred choice (assuming you had 1 surv hunter geared for agi).

BM and MM buffs were only party wide and MM had mana problems without a shaman in the group. 3% damage > 100 ap and BM had no issues with mana.

Surv was fully mana efficient and benefited all physical attacks in the raid and could slot into any party.

This is the Surv I miss the most. Closely followed by Wrath and MoP as Explosive Shot was new and fun.
    Once you got t2, survival was more damage because you changed a few points into lightning reflexes for the extra 15% agility

- - - Updated - - -

Mm being mana inefficient really didn't matter because you could fd and drink lol..
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by eNjoirobbin View Post
    No Cathy Newman, that is not at all what he said.
    Yes he did. he said he wouldn't play them unless there was a melee spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Once you got t2, survival was more damage because you changed a few points into lightning reflexes for the extra 15% agility

- - - Updated - - -

Mm being mana inefficient really didn't matter because you could fd and drink lol..
    You needed to be late T2 with epic gems to have enough agi to be even close to worth it. BM beat out both until T3.

Stopping to drink which was patched out before Sunwell and AotV were dps drops which further proves MM faults back then.

why do you keep arguing 2 different expansions.. you keep saying t2 and t3 then talk about stuff form burning crusade...
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

why do you keep arguing 2 different expansions.. you keep saying t2 and t3 then talk about stuff form burning crusade...
    lol T5 and T6.

- - - Updated - - -

I retire all my arguments after a flub like that.

Deleted
    You only got enough Agility at like t6.

The MoP-WoD SC Hunters irritate me because they praise this decision without understanding that the playstyle isn’t going to be what they want. I understand that they miss their spec, but removing SV’s current incarnation won’t bring it back.
    I know the playstyle won't be what I want, but the fact that they are making such a concession to ranged players is a sign of progress for me.

Removing SV's current incarnation is absolutely a necessary step in getting my spec back.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    I know the playstyle won't be what I want, but the fact that they are making such a concession to ranged players is a sign of progress for me.

Removing SV's current incarnation is absolutely a necessary step in getting my spec back.
    No spec is ever the same after such a drastic overhaul, and I’m not inclined to believe that Blizzard is about to change their patterns. Asking for its current removal is basically asking that people who like current Survival suffer the same as those that liked old Survival. It’s not a step in the direction you desire, and I’m uncertain if that is understood by your side of the fence.

Asking for its current removal is basically asking that people who like current Survival suffer the same as those that liked old Survival..
    Nobody likes current survival though. Only around 2% of hunters play it. Perfect time to remove it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebyrd View Post
    The hate for sv comes from taking the most popular spec in the game and making it melee in a class that self-selected to be people who primarily like being ranged because that's all the class was for almost twelve years. Add in the fact that it's an overcomplicated mess with it being impossible to have enough GCDs to do everything that needs to be done and of course it has been a complete and total failure. There was no way it was going to not be a failure, especially with another melee spec with a much better feel added at the same time, but the mess of the spec didn't help. It could have been made playable if some things had been cut out from the dot, two traps, and Way of the Mok'nathal all needing to be maintained, but I don't think it would have improved its popularity.
    Citation needed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    So ... by your logic ... warlocks / mages need a melee specc, too ?
    Fuck yeah they do, Battlemages needed to be a thing like yesterday.

i use to main a hunter but since WOD the changes are stupid. hunters just need to be reworked. The hunter class in general animation is stupid, you are stuck between firing his weapon, shouting his pets (get em boy), whistling his pet (to summon more pets). its stupid that i am shooting and whistling at the same time. as MM you just need to watch for your procs, wait for procs (FUCK YOUR PROCS), i wanna smash my buttons and kill something not wait for 3 proc to do dmg. Survival is a good idea just need to be fixed, now some of the fixes are good but some a crappy. Raptor strike and whistle (the fuck). AXE THROW and whistle (kill command) imo kill command should be a passive like your Raptor strike has a chance to get your pet to kill something.

No spec is ever the same after such a drastic overhaul, and I’m not inclined to believe that Blizzard is about to change their patterns. Asking for its current removal is basically asking that people who like current Survival suffer the same as those that liked old Survival. It’s not a step in the direction you desire, and I’m uncertain if that is understood by your side of the fence.
    Of fucking course it won't be the same, but it is far, far easier to work towards a better ranged Survival when you have ranged Survival in the first place. It sounds like you are trying to take the "reasonable high ground" in this debate by posting obvious shit like this.

And yeah, the people who like current Survival will end up going through the same process we did. Sucks, but if that's what it takes to get ranged Survival back then so be it. More people liked ranged Survival anyway and they were there first. Blizzard should have thought of this when they made Survival melee. There's no easy way out of it.