Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    If that isn't the point of arguing and debating then..

You've become the monster and are more interested in your ego rather than fixing the problem.

You have the option to ignore specific posters. Start using it since you're more than aware what to expect from your repeat offenders. We all learn as we get older and the world will still survive the days you can't handle responding and reporting every stupid post you see. Moving on can feel good too and you shouldn't dump on yourself or others when simple incompetence can be easily mistaken for maliciousness.

It'd do you nicely to drop the virtue signaling but let the one who is clean cast the first stone

e We all can have a bad day you know? Internet is great for venting your frustrations but it'd be giant help to everyone if people were honest about their issues instead of choosing a hill to die on because they feel screwed and stressed out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Written like an autist projecting his own insecurity
    "Who cares about numbers with the size of my ego, follow me!"
    Which went unnoticed and not infracted, to note.

You can criticize me after you post with some principles and a line you would never cross, and not a moment before that.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

You do realize that people can read the thread themselves, right Pos?

You do realize people can read what I wrote and how it had nothing to do with the victims "deserving" everything they had coming, right?

You do realize people can see me and Ransath interacted zero times in that thread, right?

This is one of the worst parts of being a mod on this board. People who unnecessarily increase the workload of the mod team who volunteer their time over nonsensical, baseless, demonstrably false manufactured drama.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2018-02-22 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post

You do realize people can read what I wrote and how it had nothing to do with the victims "deserving" everything they had coming, right?

You do realize people can see me and Ransath interacted zero times in that thread, right?

This is one of the worst parts of being a mod on this board. People who unnecessarily increase the workload of the mod team who volunteer their time over nonsensical, baseless, demonstrably false manufactured drama.
    No but you do, almost constantly argue with debunked arguments thread after thread, even after you are proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    No but you do, almost constantly argue with debunked arguments thread after thread, even after you are proven wrong.
    I beg to differ.

@PosPosPos, I read through your post, and each moderator has a chance to view post reports independently, there's no weakness in the Report Post function. It's the best way to immediately let moderators know something is wrong. If your desired action is not taken and you wish to talk about it further, contact a blue.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    incoming lock.
    If you have complaints about mods, take it to a Global mod (blue)
    Fuck that noise.

Yes, I fully expect the thread to be closed with that quote, but it is wrong. The problem is real, is affecting the community and needs discussion. PMing a blue is not discussion. It might do for appealing individual bans, but not for moderation policy.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Which went unnoticed and not infracted, to note.

You can criticize me after you post with some principles and a line you would never cross, and not a moment before that.
    I don't like arbitrary lines drawn as it always depends on the situation and discussion at hand. Any expression made reflects your beliefs in regards to what you responded at. Easy to pull something out of context entirely and misrepresent especially when we all have bad days and don't always live up to the best we know we can be.

While it often could've been expressed better I stand by my own words even if you pull out all of my trolling shit-posts. Not proud of them but I believe what I express and that is my principle. I've been infracted before and I know when I'm taking it to far or laying it on unnecessarily hard. I've made a habit out of going over my post after posting and have deleted some when realizing my own hypocrisy. None are perfect or we wouldn't need education and religion.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2018-02-22 at 06:36 AM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Wow this thread was a real magnet for exactly the kind of posters it called out.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Put them on ignore and move on.

You're being just as bad using a thread to call out people and moderation issues.
    It's entirely valid, this forum has an infestation of outright shills, at least a few of whom almost certainly work for a troll farm. This is not your garden variety trolly dipshittery or a few nutty posters.

We absolutely should discuss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Yes, and I didn't claim people couldn't read the thread themselves, so why with this weird statement?

I counted at least 6 posters who had to refute and lambaste you for what you said, of which includes @Endus and @Edge-

Not that either of you had to, when both of you only have to individually celebrate the death of innocents and apologize for the people who made tragedies like that happen.

Explains why an ex-mod and an existing mod have repeatedly called you out for your bad-faith posting across multiple threads. If that is your basis for the "nothingburger" argument, you are obviously doing a poor job of pretending to be innocent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Fuck that noise.

Yes, I fully expect the thread to be closed with that quote, but it is wrong. The problem is real, is affecting the community and needs discussion. PMing a blue is not discussion. It might do for appealing individual bans, but not for moderation policy.
    Exactly my beef with "pming a mod for moderation concerns".

Overarching moderation policy needs to be discussed with the team as a whole, not individuals.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Yes, and I didn't claim people couldn't read the thread themselves, so why with this weird statement?

I counted at least 6 posters who had to refute and lambaste you for what you said, of which includes @Endus and @Edge-

Not that either of you had to, when both of you only have to individually celebrate the death of innocents and apologize for the people who made tragedies like that happen.

Explains why an ex-mod and an existing mod have repeatedly called you out for your bad-faith posting across multiple threads. If that is your basis for the "nothingburger" argument, you are obviously doing a poor job of pretending to be innocent.
    I mean, all you can really do is report posts and if that's unsatisfactory, take it up with a blue. Those are your options. The mod team takes it seriously, they actually review and discuss each individual ban handed out, if it's appealed.

You should contact a blue with these moderation concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Wow this thread was a real magnet for exactly the kind of posters it called out.

It's entirely valid, this forum has an infestation of outright shills, at least a few of whom almost certainly work for a troll farm. This is not your garden variety trolly dipshittery or a few nutty posters.

I can even forgive posters like @Shalcker, because at least they never insinuated that death(of innocents and political opponents) should be a "necessary sacrifice" for the sake of the morally repulsive ideology they peddle.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I beg to differ.

Stacking the deck is a fallacy in which any evidence that supports an opposing argument is simply rejected, omitted, or ignored.

Stacking the deck is a technique that's commonly used in propaganda.

Personally, I would love to see harsher penalties for posters with more infractions than hairs on my cat. Not to mention those that actually personally attack others need more than a one to two week vacation in my opinion.

The WoW forum itself perma's you after enough rule breaking regardless of if you meant to break a rule or not, so this forum really should incorporate that as well just imo.

Well clearly it doesn't exactly help that PosPosPos is a giant raging hypocrite that is guilty of his very own accusations. No shit people wouldn't respond well to him, of all people, making a thread like this lol.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Best you can do is point out the mental gymnastics they're doing to help them, and the people who are listening and copying their arguments, out, thinking it's working. Worst you can do is accuse them of trolling or shilling as you have no way of knowing and might just hurt someone enough to make it all the harder for them to see their errors.
    I do hope mmo is working with authorities to deal with the real thing but that also implies messing with users in a way I can't condone even if they really are paid for the discourse they put out. When it comes to fighting propaganda the best weapon will always be education.

GenOT sure is a darker, less friendly place since Trump got elected and Russia got involved in meddling efforts.

Used to be more cuddly around here, even if people disagreed.

I miss the adversarial but respectful discussions with @Wells. That dude was cool.

I can even forgive posters like @Shalcker, because at least they never insinuated that death(of innocents and political opponents) should be a "necessary sacrifice" for the sake of the morally repulsive ideology they peddle.
    He's a Russian, fella, it's kinda obvious what's happening there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Personally, I would love to see harsher penalties for posters with more infractions than hairs on my cat. Not to mention those that actually personally attack others need more than a one to two week vacation in my opinion.

The WoW forum itself perma's you after enough rule breaking regardless of if you meant to break a rule or not, so this forum really should incorporate that as well just imo.
    Like that certain poster that was not perma, after death threats, and a day after his ban was lifted, proceeded to do said threats, again?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Mmmm, ask him how he feels about Sergei Magnitsky though. Kek.

- - - Updated - - -

GenOT sure is a darker, less friendly place since Trump got elected and Russia got involved in meddling efforts.

Used to be more cuddly around here, even if people disagreed.

I miss the adversarial but respectful discussions with @Wells. That dude was cool.
    Whatever happened to Wells anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Mmmm, ask him how he feels about Sergei Magnitsky though. Kek.
    Assuming that's the case, that would lend more credibility that they are escalating as of late.

Whatever happened to Wells anyway?
    I peeked, and at least he was connected recently (yesterday)
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

coming from OP, this is fucking hilarious.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.