10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    No reasonable person agrees with you. Among the reasonable people who disagree, the US Department of Justice, aka the big boy court. We don't yet know the full scope of all things Russian, such as who had Russian salad dressing, or who may have once dated a Russian model, but as it relates to THIS INDICTMENT, we know it had no impact. That is straight from the mouth of the horse you are praying will indict Trump (even though that would be illegal).
    Yes, people who you consider reasonable, are the sort that talk about salad dressing and Russian models. I have no problem with that...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    And at this point TJ has once again regressed into playground behavior rather than have an honest discussion. Why do people still interact with him?
    I don't like to put people on ignore because you lose context, and I am not great at not taking the bait in political discussions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Can't speak for anyone else but for me it's mostly for my own benefit. Having to explain my position in detail or layman's terms helps me spot gaps in my reasoning or validates my interpretation. Plus the peanut gallery aspect, not sure how many people still lurk without posting but prior to the politics/gen-ot schism, it was a fair few, although in a thread this size, there's probably not many.
    Well here's one lurker that's followed mostly the whole thread - no way I couldn't with how interesting and important this is.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    And at this point TJ has once again regressed into playground behavior rather than have an honest discussion. Why do people still interact with him?
    It benefits more than just Tijuana.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You are still ignoring that Russia was not the only ones competing with DNC in the presidential elections. You are ignoring the money RNC and Trump spent, where this contribution tipped the scales. Not only financially, but with their ability to tell lies, without any accountability. It’s how you get away with saying Russia spread misinformation, instead of Trump’s campaign.
    He's also ignoring the estimated $2B in free advertising Trump got from mainstream news outlets basically giving him no stop coverage of his lies. slander, and defamation which reinforced the Russian attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    So you giggle at low hanging fruit and don't address all of the evidence posted in this thread about Russia messing with the election far more than you think?

Kewl story bro.
    Why you try to argue with a russian, about the russian meddling in the US? it's obvious that he sides with their current gov, on that.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Can't speak for anyone else but for me it's mostly for my own benefit. Having to explain my position in detail or layman's terms helps me spot gaps in my reasoning or validates my interpretation. Plus the peanut gallery aspect, not sure how many people still lurk without posting but prior to the politics/gen-ot schism, it was a fair few, although in a thread this size, there's probably not many.
    Here's another lurker popping in as well. I'd tell you guys to go easy on the TJ's and Ransath's around here, but if they're still coming back at this point they must be gluttons for punishment.

That Time Magazine article is rather interesting:

http://time.com/5165805/russian-trol...r-indictments/

The factory had video and photo departments, Mindiyarov said. The trolls received their wages in cash and operated in teams as they tried to foment public interest with fake discussions, he said.

“We worked in a group of three where one played the part of a scoundrel, the other one was a hero, and the third one kept a neutral position,” he said. “For instance, one could write that Putin was bad, the other one would say it was not so, and the third would confirm the position of the second while inserting some picture.”

After only a couple of months, Mindiyarov quit. He said he hated the work.

“The world in those comments was divided into black and white: America was bad, Putin was good,” he said. “They praised whatever had to do with Putin and criticized anything related to America, ‘gay’ Europe, and so on. That was the principle of the work.”
    It's so unreal how that resembles the Putinistas on here. Speaking of whom, where the fuck are they? They have been eerily absent lately...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    That Time Magazine article is rather interesting:

http://time.com/5165805/russian-trol...r-indictments/

It's so unreal how that resembles the Putinistas on here. Speaking of whom, where the fuck are they? They have been eerily absent lately...
    It's no surprising that the troll factory is like that.

As for the posters you mentioned they post in other areas. The gun threads were just swarmed with them.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

7+ Year Old Account
    Relevant. Paul Eiding (Colonel Campbell in Metal Gear) reads the Mueller indictment in Campbell's voice. It's epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    We continue to see the GOP making shit up. Take the National Review:

Some of the Russians’ Keystone Cops efforts to disrupt the election favored Donald Trump (as well as Bernie Sanders). Yet Mueller’s team made it clear that the Russians neither colluded with any U.S. citizens nor had any material effect on the election’s outcome.
    As we've all discussed to the point even Trump's rabid fanbase agreed, the last set of indictments did not say anything of the kind.
    1) The indictments did not say the investigation was over, and that nobody colluded. In fact, they arrested someone who did collude. And he plead guilty.
    2) The FBI have never said squat about what effect it had on the election. That's not their job.

There's a lot of people out there in the wishful thinking stages, reading charges brought against Russians attacking the election, and saying "See? Because he didn't specifically spell out the investigation was ongoing it must be over and nothing was wrong! Also, Mueller didn't say the sky was blue, so I guess it's green now!"

- - - Updated - - -

More charges filed!

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...tus-Report.pdf

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus. 32 counts, mostly bank fraud and conspiracy, and failing to file taxes on money earned from bank fraud.

- - - Updated - - -

The charges:

A grand jury in Virginia filed 32 charges against the two men, including failing to report income including subscribing to false U.S. individual income tax returns and assisting in the preparation of false U.S. individual income, according to court documents.

Other charges include failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts and bank fraud.

The charges are related to Manafort and Gates’ work as political consultants and lobbyists for the Ukrainian government and politicians.

“From approximately 2006 through the present, Manafort and Gates engaged in a scheme to hide income from United States authorities, while enjoying the use of the money,” the indictment reads.
    "Through the present". And, yep, it involves the money they got working for Russia.

- - - Updated - - -

More info coming in: Gates fired his lawyer.

"You already posted that."

Nope. The previous two quit. And now we have a better idea why: Gates lost now his third lawyer, because they were all pushing for a guilty plea. That's why we heard so much information about a guilty plea -- because his lawyers were trying to get him one.

Total number of charges against Manafort and Gates up to 32 counts.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2018-02-22 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Relevant. Paul Eiding (Colonel Campbell in Metal Gear) reads the Mueller indictment in Campbell's voice. It's epic.

[video=youtube;hzGox2kV-h0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzGox2kV-h0[video]
    Holy. Epic. Shit!

That was awesome! Thanks! ^_^

We continue to see the GOP making shit up. Take the National Review:

As we've all discussed to the point even Trump's rabid fanbase agreed, the last set of indictments did not say anything of the kind.
    1) The indictments did not say the investigation was over, and that nobody colluded. In fact, they arrested someone who did collude. And he plead guilty.
    2) The FBI have never said squat about what effect it had on the election. That's not their job.

There's a lot of people out there in the wishful thinking stages, reading charges brought against Russians attacking the election, and saying "See? Because he didn't specifically spell out the investigation was ongoing it must be over and nothing was wrong! Also, Mueller didn't say the sky was blue, so I guess it's green now!"

- - - Updated - - -

More charges filed!

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus. 32 counts, mostly bank fraud and conspiracy, and failing to file taxes on money earned from bank fraud.

- - - Updated - - -

The charges:

"Through the present". And, yep, it involves the money they got working for Russia.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. The previous two quit. And now we have a better idea why: Gates lost now his third lawyer, because they were all pushing for a guilty plea. That's why we heard so much information about a guilty plea -- because his lawyers were trying to get him one.

If they don't flip they'll both probably die in jail...

10+ Year Old Account
    More charges filed!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

The charges:

- - - Updated - - -

Welp, there goes the "these are just procedural not-real crimes" talking points the Trump sycophants have been parroting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, and in case you weren't sure what that sound was, it's the sound of Mueller getting information about tax returns.

Read into that whatever context you choose.

Oh, and in case you weren't sure what that sound was, it's the sound of Mueller getting information about tax returns.

Read into that whatever context you choose.
    wait what? Bob mueller is looking for Donnie boy tax returns?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    wait what? Bob mueller is looking for Donnie boy tax returns?
    Eh, I didn't see anything about trump's tax returns in the article, so while I would assume he's looking at them, I don't know if anyone knows for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    If they don't flip they'll both probably die in jail...
    They'll go to those rich people jails where they have espresso and the guards are armed to the teeth with tasers and not much else.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Welp, there goes the "these are just procedural not-real crimes" talking points the Trump sycophants have been parroting.
    And the "It doesn't extend to Trump" line;

Mr. Manafort’s friends have said that Mr. Mueller’s indictment is an effort to pressure him into providing information about Mr. Trump and his campaign
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/22/u...?smid=tw-share

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Eh, I didn't see anything about trump's tax returns in the article, so while I would assume he's looking at them, I don't know if anyone knows for sure.
    I'm sure Mueller has Trump's tax returns. It's not like he's going to go around advertising that he has them.