Page 55 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I am arguing that holy is not present in the way that paladins have and I am arguing that for paladins to exist for Zandalari trolls, there must been much more written or created story wise in order for that to happen and not just trash mob reference.
    It's still more than what bloodknights and Sunwalkers had. Belf paladins came out of nowhere to be excuse for Horde to have paladins.
    Space goats shamans are double retcon of the established lore just to give to alliance shaman option.
    Sunwalkers had like one line of mention between two NPCs.

Zandalari paladins have much more backup and setting for that combo.

And it's not just prelate in 4.2. we also had warriors that were using holy spells. And in Vanilla we had freethinker reference.
    And we also have scrolls of lore in Isle of Thunder that gives lots of insight on Zandalari culture.

The foundations are already set.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    All I see are two Zandalari and the rest of left to interpretation, the mind see's what it wants to see, it differs from person to person obviously. When I look at that picture I don't see Zandalari paladins, I see two Zandalari dressed in armour that befits their people and their city.

Obviously if someone wants something enough and believes it should happen you eventually convince yourself there's only one truth and rationality goes out of the window. While Zandalari paladins might be different, if they were to become reality, they'll suffer the same fate as every other paladin has and that's not a fate I want to see them fall into, they're loa worshippers, not light crazed zealots.
    All I see is a pair of troll shamans

Just because there are temples doesn't mean they are paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    All I see is a pair of troll shamans

Just because there are temples doesn't mean they are paladins.
    And here you'd think that city filled with temples would have temple guardians and warrior-priests. Considering that Zandalari still value brute strength.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    And here you'd think that city filled with temples would have temple guardians and warrior-priests. Considering that Zandalari still value brute strength.
    What's wrong with plain old warriors and priests?

7+ Year Old Account
    I admire your patience Ramz. I really do.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Deleted
    All that is needed is just to inject the class.
    Same goes for literally any class/race combination.

Deleted
    I am arguing that holy is not present in the way that paladins have and I am arguing that for paladins to exist for Zandalari trolls, there must been much more written or created story wise in order for that to happen and not just trash mob reference.
    And you're obviously not even capable to make a distinction between the engine class Paladin and the different light wielder classes of certain races in the Lore.

There is also more than trash mobb reference. It was posted constantly in this thread. By your "logic" there wouldn't be any other "Paladins" except human ones. Which is not the case.

You have literally no argument whatsoever compared to the evidence Ramz presented in this thread.

You're just pretending to discuss the topic, meanwhile nothing can change your mind because you simply don't like the thought of Zandalari Prelates. Which is all there is to your so called "arguments". Which means, it is pointless to argue with people like you.

"Other people could be very happy about Zandalari Prelates and have fun with them, but that can't happen, because i'm an egoistic asswhole who doesn't allow / grant them this possibility in the game, although i myself probably would never create a Zandalari Prelate (in the Engine called Paladin) and i wouldn't be resricted or harmed by that." People like you are only one thing, nasty.
    Last edited by mmoc032dd9efb8; 2018-02-22 at 01:57 PM.

Tell you the truth it just doesn't matter to me. Just seems like Paladin isn't being given options on the Horde like Druid isn't being given options on the Alliance. Sadly I think this very intransigent "balance" of the two bigger hybrids will prevent it. Would have been a very cool option.

Deleted

It fits so well I bet you didn't even notice my horrible shop

You can pretend Zandalari paladins to be Thunderking prelates all you want, but they'd still just be ye generic human paladin using classic human paladin spells... and I would have to put up with eyesores like this if Blizz ever pulls another class hall. Please don't destroy paladin identity again, Blizz, holy cows were already bad enough

7+ Year Old Account
    Same goes for literally any class/race combination.
    I mean, as long as it makes sense.
    Sure, an orc could go an start worshipping the Holy Light and become a Priest. (Or the void) but... How many orcs would follow that path? Is it enough to make them playable?

I know this argument lost weight once the 15/17 Void elves became a playable race, but it is still something to consider.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Wow, are people still crying about this? Get over yourselves, Zandalari Paladin ain't happening, you got your hopes up due to a random no-name NPC trash mob from a 5 year old raid.

The alliance received no new combos with the allied races while the horde got the night elf rig with a warlock class, and you still whine like little children? Yikes

What's wrong with plain old warriors and priests?
    Nothing? Why not combining them to give them Holy warrior option? So Horde will finally have some nice option to pick from other than barbie elf and cow?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post

You can pretend Zandalari paladins to be Thunderking prelates all you want, but they'd still just be ye generic human paladin using classic human paladin spells... and I would have to put up with eyesores like this if Blizz ever pulls another class hall. Please don't destroy paladin identity again, Blizz, holy cows were already bad enough
    It's not like we have other mogs or anything to pick from, m'rite?

And really what a really petty thing to be upset over. I saw plenty of non trolls running around with troll gear on for shaman and hunter class. But I don't whine about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Wow, are people still crying about this? Get over yourselves, Zandalari Paladin ain't happening, you got your hopes up due to a random no-name NPC trash mob from a 5 year old raid.

The alliance received no new combos with the allied races while the horde got the night elf rig with a warlock class, and you still whine like little children? Yikes
    I for once want to thank you. It's because of people like you and rosso that this thread is still running. You bump it up and keep it going.

Even if you don't add anything of value and just demand to be quiet because you said so.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2018-02-22 at 02:12 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah. I mean, i'm sure Paladins are the only class plagued by incorrect transmogs that don't fit the race

10+ Year Old Account

It's a a much an eye sore as humans in troll armor.

Deleted

Do you have to be some kind of genius to understand, that there is a difference between the engine paladin class and the different light wielders from the different races in the Lore? Looks like it.

Obviously Blizzard didn't saw the names of engine abilities of the paladin class as a problem, when they introduced Blood Knights and Sunwalkers by opening up the option to create a Blood Elf and Tauren paladin.

But of course when it comes to Zandalari, this is a whole other thing. You really are a moron.

Deleted
    1 Trash Mob

2 Some Vanilla Quest

3 Some MoP Item Flavor Text

Basically NOTHING because

1. A mobs doesn't make a class otherwise Rogue Tauren or Draenei Warlock etc etc

2. Lore can be retconned and dump wasted, and Chronicles is basically our best proof because some of the Vanilla Lore got totally re-written or adjusted or even dumped.

Those are not evidence but just wishful thinking from troll fanbois.

I would gladly welcome Zandalari Prelate as the "Zandalari Paladin" but not a Troll with Paladin template.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xendral View Post
    Obviously Blizzard didn't saw the names of engine abilities of the paladin class as a problem, when they introduced Blood Knights
    And you are pretty ignorant because Blood Knight in TBC had signature spell like Draenei Paladin had one completly different, like Seal of Blood and Seal of Vengance, that was to introduce a sort of "flavor" like Heroism/Bloodlust.

But that was a GAMEPLAY change and in the end there was a gap in dps/performance between BELF and DR Paladin, then Blizzard decide to flat and give all the same spell with no signature.

If people could at least know things about the game instead of chattering would be better.

- - - Updated - - -

In wrath(?) we had also Seal of Vengance and Seal of Corruption, one for Alliance and one for Horde.

The spell was the same, same dmg same formula etc etc but with Name and Flavor different to be more suitable to the faction/race combo.

Making something like that again for SOME, not all, classes will be a nice QoL because will make Zandalari Prelate a more concrete reality.
    Last edited by mmoc98623435d5; 2018-02-22 at 02:51 PM.

Deleted
    If they ever get paladin class, this will be my transmog all the time. 10/10 can't stand being fabulous

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    1 Trash Mob

2 Some Vanilla Quest

3 Some MoP Item Flavor Text
    Followed by:
    Those are not evidence but just wishful thinking from troll fanbois.
    So... something stated in game is not evidence of something in game class existing?
    Guys, Vol'jin and Varian never died! There's no evidence!

Also:
    I would gladly welcome Zandalari Prelate as the "Zandalari Paladin" but not a Troll with Paladin template.
    What's wrong with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    It's a a much an eye sore as humans in troll armor.
    It's as much an eyesore as that Paladin armor on a human. That is hardly my favorite Paladin set on anyone. And here's the thing. Tier Sets always end up with someone wearing something culturally inappropriate for their race. Troll Priests end up wearing shit made for humans. Draenei Shaman end up wearing shit made for Orcs. Druids end up wearing Night Elf bullshit.

I am talking rather in a sense, you would have 2 troll races and only one can be paladin. You think people wouldn't cry out for others to be paladin as well? I would say that's another reason why none are. So far, they did not consider paladins to fit the troll race.
    Why would someone want a Darkspear Paladin? Darkspear are jungle savages. A knightly order of warrior-priests doesn't suit them at all. There are many races with variants where a class suits one but not the other. Why don't Blood Elves and Night Elves all have the same classes? Does anyone demand that they be given the same classes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    What's wrong with you?
    I'm not willing into discussion regarding this topic with somebody with a troll avatar because of the bias and wishful thinking, since you skipped the lore part/retcon on purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

A more in depth analysis for TBC Seal and "customization" of Paladins

The launch of Burning Crusade brought about one of the more interesting footnotes in the history of Seals, Faction-specific seals. Prior to Burning Crusade, only Alliance players could be Paladins, but with the addition of Blood Elves to the Horde, the Paladin class became available to both sides. In what seemed to be an attempt to maintain some sense of factional disparity, two faction-specific seals were added to the game. Alliance Paladins received Seal of Vengeance, while Horde Paladins got Seal of Blood. Oddly enough, the two seals had completely different game mechanics.

- Seal of Vengeance ALLIANCE
    o Vengeance was the predecessor of today’s Seal of Truth. It caused the Paladins melee attacks to apply a stacking DoT debuff to the target, which caused Holy Damage, and increased the damage of Judgement against the target.
    o The judgement, naturally, caused more Holy Damage, increased by the stacks of the DoT.

- Seal of Blood HORDE aka BLOOD ELVES
    o This seal functioned like a more reliable Seal of Command. It caused the Paladin’s weapon attacks to deal additional Holy Damage equal to a percentage of their weapon damage. Since it scaled off weapon damage, and provided consistent damage (as opposed to the wildly inconsistent Seal of Command), it was widely considered to be the best Retribution DPS Seal. Interestingly enough, the seal had a “backlash” damage mechanic, where the Paladin took damage equal to 10% of the damage the seal dealt as well. Thus, its use could occasionally be dangerous to the player.
    o Judging Blood simply dealt more Holy Damage, and inflicted more damage back to the caster.

At some point, I think the duration of the seal buff increased from 30-seconds to 1 or 2 minutes, but I don’t precisely remember when.

It’s fair to say that the reaction to the faction-specific seals was…tepid, at best. Alliance Ret Paladins wept great tears of sad while the Horde upstarts cut themselves to win with Seal of Blood; meanwhile Horde Protection Paladins felt like second-class citizens without Seal of Vengeance. Something had to change, though surprisingly, the system managed to last all the way through Burning Crusade.
    They tried once back in TBC to give a "customization" for paladins but it was a bad idea because was a GAMEPLAY change not a "LOREPLAY"

So my idea is that Blizzard can do this again, without gameplay change but just skin/animation/text change.
    Last edited by mmoc98623435d5; 2018-02-22 at 03:02 PM.