Does WW benefit from Nightborne racial?

The 1% seems ideal for casters obviously, but how are the racials impacting WW?

Reckon Highmountain has much better racials on Horde Side... superior tanking, obviously... with 1% Versatility and damage reduction off stamina. And the Bullrush Charge compliments monk's roll abilities.

Nightborne really offers zero benefits to a melee.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2018-02-02 at 03:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Reckon Highmountain has much better racials on Horde Side... superior tanking, obviously... with 1% Versatility and damage reduction off stamina. And the Bullrush Charge compliments monk's roll abilities.

Pretty much this. Nightborne appearing to be a caster only race if you care about racials. Too bad they can't be Paladins, that AoE snare racial would be pretty nice for Pallies.

HM is looking like it'll have the best racials for tanking and for M+ (AoE stun racial which will be much rarer in BfA).
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Pretty much this. Nightborne appearing to be a caster only race if you care about racials. Too bad they can't be Paladins, that AoE snare racial would be pretty nice for Pallies.

HM is looking like it'll have the best racials for tanking and for M+ (AoE stun racial which will be much rarer in BfA).
    I think Nightborne would do OK as rogue. The racial should apply to poison damage on assa, and shadow damage on sub. Obviously not better than the other races but better than 0. NB racials are probably the most disappointing, but they're also the easiest race to unlock atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    I think Nightborne would do OK as rogue. The racial should apply to poison damage on assa, and shadow damage on sub. Obviously not better than the other races but better than 0. NB racials are probably the most disappointing, but they're also the easiest race to unlock atm.
    Both Horde and Alliance have a allied races with good and shit racials. Alliance has VELFs with good racials and LF Draenei with shit racials. Horde has HM Tauren with good racials and NB I wouldn't say has shit racials, they're still very good for casters, but for melee they are definitely sub par.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Has anyone actually gone HM for their Monk? I'm tempted to do it. I'm Orc at the moment but fancy a change. WAs going go attempt HM or NB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Has anyone actually gone HM for their Monk? I'm tempted to do it. I'm Orc at the moment but fancy a change. WAs going go attempt HM or NB.
    I have. It definitely gets some getting used to size-wise. I had to change my mount to a low-riding mount so I can be low enough to get into doorways in Dalaran without having to dismount or get stuck on them.

The Bull Rush racial is awesome though. Used it on several raid fights for that short distance speed boost. Used it a few times on M+, but that distance you tavel makes it tricky to use correctly as a tank, but I can still see it being great for kiting mobs (can rush through the pack, knocking them all down and then just keep running through to kite).

The damage reduction racial is 100% worthless. As a tank with 965 ilvl, I only block 3k damage with it....3k... Literally nothing when you account for hits doing millions of damage.

The 1% vers is pretty good though.

I have. It definitely gets some getting used to size-wise. I had to change my mount to a low-riding mount so I can be low enough to get into doorways in Dalaran without having to dismount or get stuck on them.

The Bull Rush racial is awesome though. Used it on several raid fights for that short distance speed boost. Used it a few times on M+, but that distance you tavel makes it tricky to use correctly as a tank, but I can still see it being great for kiting mobs (can rush through the pack, knocking them all down and then just keep running through to kite).

The damage reduction racial is 100% worthless. As a tank with 965 ilvl, I only block 3k damage with it....3k... Literally nothing when you account for hits doing millions of damage.

The 1% vers is pretty good though.
    appreciate the response thanks! an dyeah the racial damage wise are terrible.. my NB hunter does what.. 180k with the aoe, it's pretty pathetic in comparison to the troll berserking or orc blood fury

I considered changing my tauren monk into HM tauren.
    But I like my thunderstomp, and 2% increase to critical damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

I went Nightborne Male for aesthetic purposes, the racials are terrible (the aoe is like 170k damage, it's pathetic). I'd go HM but I don't fancy being a massive Tauren having to dismount to get thorugh doors all the time lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went Nightborne Male for aesthetic purposes
    So wrinkly old soyboys are the aesthetics you go for?

I call them Betty Spaghettis. Nightborne males are disgraceful. Totally hideous, unlike their youthful and more fleshy female counterparts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    I call them Betty Spaghettis. Nightborne males are disgraceful. Totally hideous, unlike their youthful and more fleshy female counterparts.
    Yeah, if I were ever to roll one, I'd def go female. The males all look like they're the female's granpappy.

Actually looks pretty cool in his mog. I do have the female on my hunter though and really like that. though I guess a blood elf would've been a better choice or a Troll, since im survival.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amusingly, all the nerfs to AoE stuns with BFA is kind of a War Stomp stealth buff.

- - - Updated - - -

Did it on Warrior, zero regrets. Can't bring myself to change the Monk. Panda forever.

I am leveling a HM Monk for the heritage armor, and can confirm HM Monks look fantastic.

I find it really weird that Nightborne is the only race in the game that offers no benefit at all for melee. they could easily change the racial to "your abilities deal X amount of extra damage as arcane" or something like that.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I think the only reason, one would play a Nightborne Monk, would be to RP a pissy vitner (BM obviously), who'd run around and smash people with kegs of arcwine, all while yelling at them about how useless they are at making wine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    I find it really weird that Nightborne is the only race in the game that offers no benefit at all for melee. they could easily change the racial to "your abilities deal X amount of extra damage as arcane" or something like that.
    Blizzard adressed this a few weeks ago and said "Yeah sure, we'll look into it" and then nothing.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I've got a HM monk I'm currently leveling, really loving it so far. But this is coming from someone who already has a 110 tauren, orc and pandaren monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post

It's not +1% to spells, it's +1% to magic damage, so any nature damage dealt by monks are affected for example.

racials are negligible at most but its better for casters so maybe heal spec but not much for WW spec maybe for chi burst/wave and jade lightening