Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    That's...an amazing animation.

I'm not sure what the issue is.

I get it's based off TBC cinematic, but just whipping out a book in the middle of combat seems... stupid, especially with enemies potentially wailing on you.

It would have been cool as a Blessing animation, but not a main heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    I get it's based off TBC cinematic, but just whipping out a book in the middle of combat seems... stupid, especially with enemies potentially wailing on you.

Can you imagine how silly it will look with Infusion of Light ? The book will appear for half a second and then it will pop out of existence again (i literally imagine that popping sound TFS used for Goku's Instant Transmission with it).
    For the Glory of Mankind

HAHAHA i so into that animation that i would be down for a caster that used books as a main weapon and needed to go through it's pages everytime he started to cast a spell.
    I think that would look sick!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I LOVE it!

It really incorporates that Paladin plus libram fantasy I've personally always wanted. Channeling positive energy from the pages of holy scripture.

I like this animation but I don't think we should have it for a spammable ability. Maybe for a buff or a spell with some cooldown (even a short one).

Deleted
    Looks good. Unfortunely, it will make holy's stick out like sore thumbs in BG's. It's harsh to be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by lordrevangr View Post
    Infusion of Light mate. Can you imagine how moronic this animation will look like for a half second Holy Light ? xD It will be worse that disjointed.
    That's a valid concern I suppose. We'll have to see how it pans out. It's only alpha so I'm sure they're going to test how it frames when it's cast very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    HAHAHA i so into that animation that i would be down for a caster that used books as a main weapon and needed to go through it's pages everytime he started to cast a spell.
    I think that would look sick!!!
    Right, on a caster it would look fine, but not on a Paladin.

Right, on a caster it would look fine, but not on a Paladin.
    Yea, it's not like it's a Paladin thing since WC3 to carry books with them that contain power and are used to cast blessings and whatnot, right?

To be honest.its about time wow update its casters animations and melee too. You play a game like ff14 or black desert and everything has crazy good looking elemental effects, wings, claws, combo looking melee moves. Wow is just glowing hands and colored balls moving lol.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uh that looks awesome.

DUDE...

I've wanted that since the TBC cinematic withe Draenei Paladin with his libram.

I'm down.

Part of the paladin theme is reading spells from holy books. Op is retarded.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's excessive for a spell that you spam like crazy, usually very fast as well. I actually like the animation but I dunno, it's just a bit much for a basic spammy spell. Holy Priests have some ridiculous animations too but their basic heal is still just a basic cast. Maybe there just isn't a fancier spell in the paladin toolkit to use it on I guess.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    It's excessive for a spell that you spam like crazy, usually very fast as well. I actually like the animation but I dunno, it's just a bit much for a basic spammy spell. Holy Priests have some ridiculous animations too but their basic heal is still just a basic cast. Maybe there just isn't a fancier spell in the paladin toolkit to use it on I guess.
    You are spamming Holy Light? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    I like it. The fact that you're mad at it makes it even better.
    That replay .... is priceless xD

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    2 handers and books, it's what paladins are since warcraft 3's version that isn't just a horsebacked knight.

Even in the TBC intro, the Draenei Vindicator is reading a book, and casts a spell, before walking away with his 2 handed hammer.

I am happy about this change, set us apart more from holy priests.

While the idea likely originated from the TBC cinematic, a similar animation has been in use for Uther in Heroes of the Storm as his mounting and hearthstone animations

https://youtu.be/09mz-T9xVRw?t=42

I think its great.

OMFG.

That looks disgusting.