Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantais View Post
    So most of the players here seems to have only positive words to say about the expansion, they can barely point out any problems, and they are praising legion to the skies to a point where it starts to become a bit delusional.

I have a somewhat different opinion about legion, so im going to go through the good, the bad and the ugly and why I didn't like the expansion.

The Good The storyline was decent. Blizzard makes some epic cinematics, and legion was no exception.

The Bad Leveling was an awful experience. Some of the quests were horribly bugged, would often guide you to a completely wrong location and gave an absolute abysmal amount of experience. The questing areas were poorly designed and the terrian was awful to navigate through, so you would often have to make a detour just to get to the desired location.

Gearing up was a pain in the ass mid way through the expansion. As a solo player, you would have to go through a lot of time waste just to get good enough gear for LFR. The quest rewards were terrible and people were complaining that they were constantly hitting a wall trying to gear up for raids, so blizzard "adressed" the problem by letting you buy the gear with nethershards, which is a lazy solution.

Blizzard later added veiled argunites, which is the same trivial grinding process you have to go through to buy your gear. Same goes for grinding artifact power, you just do the same mindless and repetitive grinding again and again to get whatever currency blizzard wants you to get, which sums up the absurd and boring grindfest that was legion.

The Ugly LFR is a joke. I realize that its supposed to be for beginners, but seriously. LFR in legion is so mind-numbingly boring and easy that you could literally go out in the kitchen, make a cup of coffe, come back and then pick up your loot. The bosses in LFR are masochists; they don't fight you back, they are just waiting for you to come kill them and grab their treasures.

PvP is problably the worst of any expansion.

Argus is some of the most boring, bland and uninspiring content ever produced in world of warcraft.

Legendaries are a joke. They drop randomly from raids and are completely based on RNG so we don't have to do anything to earn them, its disgraceful the way they designed that system.

What's the point of playing if you are just going to shower us with the best items in the game?

Summary
    Well, that's my 2 cents. I haven't had a worse time playing wow for a seriously long time, and honestly while I was playing legion, I had several occassions where I thought that blizzard was wasting my time on purpose, just so my subscription would run out and they would make some more money from subscribing again.

While some of the players here can barely get their hands down from excitement over legion, I have to say that legion was problably one of the worst expansions ever made in the franchise.
    I'm too tired to go completely into this thread so I'm just gonna quick fire my opinions. I didn't think leveling was that bad tbh, it was fast, it was unique, however my only issue is that the stories didn't mesh, which will happen when they let you just do them in any order you want. Gearing up was only made difficult after they gutted M+ rewards, prior to that you could find carry groups that would just boost your key for literally nothing other than them getting AP and maybe a chance at upgrades, generally however they passed the loot to the person that needed it. LFR has been a joke since it was put in, they've had harder LFRs and easier LFRs, the bottom line is, it needs to be removed, it does nothing for the community anymore because bad players will continue to AFK LFR and LFR will continue to burn players after 3 wipes on LFR Argus. PvP was finally skill based and not gear based, best change of the expansion imho, they needed to work more with it though with more active nerfs and buffs for specs that are overpreforming and underpreforming. Argus is literally the same as any post launch zone, Argus is way better than Tanaan though. Legendaries started as something more in their heads and they fucked up something along the development cycle. The original intent was that there would be ways to target legendaries and that never came to be, and no buying argunite or crystal gear is not targeting them because it was "ok I'm gonna go for fire mage bracers, buy the token and get them." It was more "I'm gonna buy bracers, not get the legendary, then get the blink chest a couple hours later from an emissary box".

Then don't play. We won't miss you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    From the tone of your comments on leveling and questing, this just sounds like more butthurt "should have had flying from day 1" crap.
    Flying zones are okay, as long as the developers actually takes some time to properly design and test the terrain, which wasn't the case with legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I wouldn't say Legion is the worst. That title belongs to WoD and will be hard to take.
    But yes, despite not being worse, I saw it losing more people than WoD - among my friends, even the die-hard players who never left the game, have mostly moved past WoW. That's the first time in 13 years I've seen that.
    As far as i know, they stopped releasing numbers some time ago. But i did notice that some of the servers have dropped in population, going from a high population to a medium or low population, and very few servers remains with a high population. I haven't played for some time though but it was like that last time I played.

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    I only played the beginning of the expansion but I agree. Grinding for the sake of grinding, terrible pvp, boring raids, piss easy LFR fights where you just ignore mechanics and still win while AFK, and terrible design for legendaries.
    Same experience for me really. I'm not sure why anyone would disagree with that, because thats a perfect description of legion.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Legions been fun to me, I really feel bad that OP hasn't experienced at least a LITTLE fun this xpac
    I think my main problem with legion is that it doesn't feel like an MMO, its way too boring and repetitive with the same mindless grinding that you do just for the sake of grinding. It's so far from the original MMO and it just wasn't enjoyable.

BfA will release in some months anyway, so this garbage expansion will come to an end. I just hope that legion hasn't dropped the subscriptions too low when the BfA comes out.
    Last edited by mmoc7197edf7e7; 2018-02-20 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    They also said it's their opinion.
    The thread title also has the word (badly spelled) "probably".

So calm down and if your English isn't so good, maybe get some fucking lessons.

It could help avoid certain situations in the future.

Would seriously love to see some of you address a selection criteria for a job.
    It's actually fine I believe, gonna report you however for that f word, I believe people can talk more respectfully

And a lesson to you in life, it doesn't matter if he said probably and that it's their opinion, it's obvious that the whole idea of the post is complaining and trying to draw as much attention as possible, that's why people exaggerate in life so much - otherwise others won't listen and won't care to reply at all, be it good or bad feedback.
    Most people's nature is exaggeration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    It's actually fine I believe, gonna report you however for that f word, I believe people can talk more respectfully
    Report away, Chief.

And a lesson to you in life, it doesn't matter if he said probably and that it's their opinion, it's obvious that the whole idea of the post is complaining and trying to draw as much attention as possible, that's why people exaggerate in life so much - otherwise others won't listen and won't care to reply at all, be it good or bad feedback.
    The lesson should be to you not me.
    Since what i quoted you on implies that you didn't read the thread title, didn't understand it, and didn't read the OP very clearly, and didn't understand.

As i said in my reply to you, if you quote someone at least attempt to exhude some sense of ability to grasp the language a thread creator used and address it accordingly.

Hence also my interest in seeing Folks such as yourself address anything at all when posting, even more so a selection criteria for a job for example.

If you can't address a post by a thread creator properly, then i would imagine it's due to a few reasons.

Have a great day or night and thanks for the report.

Good luck with English and reporting when called out for being wrong.

Opinions and Probably.

2 English words.

grasp them Friendo.

I won't see your reply btw since i'm sure it will contain nothing of great importance.
    Last edited by Heeresman; 2018-02-20 at 10:15 AM.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Flying zones are okay, as long as the developers actually takes some time to properly design and test the terrain, which wasn't the case with legion.

As far as i know, they stopped releasing numbers some time ago. But i did notice that some of the servers have dropped in population, going from a high population to a medium or low population, and very few servers remains with a high population. I haven't played for some time though but it was like that last time I played.

Same experience for me really. I'm not sure why anyone would disagree with that, because thats a perfect description of legion.

I think my main problem with legion is that it doesn't feel like an MMO, its way too boring and repetitive with the same mindless grinding that you do just for the sake of grinding. It's so far from the original MMO and it just wasn't enjoyable.

BfA will release in some months anyway, so this garbage expansion will come to an end. I just hope that legion hasn't dropped the subscriptions too low when the BfA comes out.
    Only going to answer on the population part. Am writing this with my phone, so it's hard to edit.

You see low-/medium-pop servers cuz Blizz did increase the server capacities either right before Legion or shortly after its release. And don't try to negate this, cuz it's a fact. They stated it themselves in a blue post, also it's by no means a coincidence when ALL servers went from high/full to medium over night.

Also, total time /played rose over the course of Legion. It's in the quarterly earnings calls. Which basically means, there can't be too many people gone, as those who would have stayed, would need to play even more (basically 2.5 times more, if we'd be as low as 2 million players now) which is unrealistic, as most of the playerbase now is 25-45 and, you know, people with that age most likely do have full-time jobs and/or family.
    Last edited by ceall; 2018-02-20 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Also, total time /played rose over the course of Legion. It's in the quarterly earnings calls. Which basically means, there can't be too many people gone, as those who would have stayed, would need to play even more (basically 2.5 times more, if we'd be as low as 2 million players now) which is unrealistic, as most of the playerbase now is 25-45 and, you know, people with that age most likely do have full-time jobs and/or family.
    The complete in-game experience feels like it's designed around this shiny new metric "time played" like D3 was designed around the RMAH. For example the WoW Legion Companion App for mobile devices which adds to the time played without even logged into WoW.

I really like grinds if they have a nice package, but they aren't even trying to wrap anything nice around the grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I honestly don't know what you are talking about - I am working full time, studying AND raid mythic, I am a magician, I guess.
    I'm sorry to inform you of this, but you and your guild are nowhere near bleeding edge competitive. I refuse to invest the amount of time you and the other average raider in your position invests just to spend months to clear a Mythic raid. That being said, the fact that a Mythic raid takes months to clear isn't bad per se (in fact, I think the final boss of a Mythic raid SHOULD take months, but it's only a well tuned raid when the first kill takes that long) . It's bad when the top guilds are capable of shortening that time period to a week or two almost 100% due to split raiding and in general other OUTSIDE OF RAID TIME grinding that has almost ZERO to do with raiding/playing skill. Time is FAR too valuable in the paradigm that is the Mythic raiding scene in Legion which Blizzard is 100% responsible for creating.

Now, let's circle back here to make sure everyone understands something. I'm actually saying that Gaidax and his guild are likely better players than the amount of time it's taking them to clear these Mythic raids would indicate. They are at a disadvantage in the competition that is almost solely due to lack of free time to grind. I refuse to accept this disadvantage and will not participate in the environment (and thus, unsub'd long ago). The fact that Gaidax and other people accept is certainly ok and I don't fault them, but you can't convince me that the way Mythic raiding is set up is worth my time. I want to participate in a competitive scene where the primary determining factor of success is skill.
    Last edited by IceMan1763; 2018-02-21 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    2005 WoW was complete and utter shit compared to what the game is now. Maybe you aren't old enough to remember or you forgot. The legendaries and artifact weapons system kind of has sucked, but all in all, WoW is a better game now than ever. For example, M+ is the best thing that has ever happened to WoW.
    not really, u liking trash games

15+ Year Old Account
    Legion was one of the better expansions if not the best!

So most of the players here seems to be praising legion, they can barely point out any problems, and they are praising legion to a point where some of it starts to become a little bit delusional.

I have a somewhat different opinion about legion, so im going to go through the good, the bad and the ugly about this expansion.

The Good The storyline was okay. Blizzard makes some epic cinematics, and legion was no exception.

The Bad Questing was an awful experience. Some of the quests were horribly bugged, would often guide you to a completely wrong location and gave an absolute abysmal amount of experience. The questing areas were poorly designed and the terrain was awful to navigate through, so you would often have to make a detour just to get to the right location. Legion felt like an unpolished expansion.

Gearing up was a pain in the ass for fresh characters and you had to go through an absurd amount of time waste just to get good enough gear for LFR. World quests were a joke and would often give you worse gear than you already had.

Blizzard would then us buy our gear with nethershards, which is a lazy solution. They later added veiled argunites, which is the same trivial grinding process as nethershards. Same goes for grinding artifact power for your weapons, you just do the same mindless and repetitive grinding to get whatever currency blizzard wants you to get, which sums up the absurd and boring RNG grindfest that was legion.

The Ugly LFR is a joke. I realize that its supposed to be for beginners, but seriously. LFR in legion is so mind-numbingly boring and easy that you could literally go out in the kitchen, make a cup of coffe, come back and then pick up your loot. The bosses in LFR are masochists; they don't fight you back, they are just waiting for you to come kill them and grab their treasures.

Argus is some of the most boring, bland and uninspiring content ever produced in world of warcraft.

Legendaries are a joke. They drop randomly from raids and are completely based on RNG so we don't have to do anything to earn them, its disgraceful the way they designed that system.

What's the point of playing if you are just going to randomly give us the best items in the game?

Summary
    Well, that's my 2 cents. I haven't had a worse time playing wow for a seriously long time, and on several occasions I honestly felt like blizzard was wasting my time on purpose so my subscription would run out and they would make some more money from me subscribing again.

While some of the players on this forum can barely get their hands down from excitement over legion, I have to say that legion was problably one of the worst expansions ever made in the franchise.
    Lying on forums cool meme dude. LFR is for shit players that's the point it's dumbed down for children and people that don't have time to learn mechanics. I've had like 1 quest glitch. PVP is ok it just doesn't matter. Argus is fine just don't go there if you hate it. Legendaries are earned what is with people thinking they are not earned, you literally can grind like a player that actually wants something and be almost guaranteed to get one faster than players who do 1 heroic and 1 lfr wing a week, just stop begging for everything on a silver platter with no work required. Legion was very polished compared to some expansions and why should zones be super easy to zavigate, you might have to take a detour in Suramar to avoid pulling 20 enemies you'll die to, you might have to run around the mount or fly around the Hunter Peak just do it. Gearing has literally never been easier what do you mean, my Priest i've had for 2 weeks is 945 with 5 legendaries (Argus Ring, 2 bought, 2 earned), I've geared up too many alts this xpac. Yeah cause grinding in an MMORPG is unheard of why would we have to play the game to earn more power amiright. Also Argunite is literally only for gearing alts to 910 and getting people that want old trinkets, those trinkets at 910 (Casters Arcano, Fury Warrior COF).

Quit the forums?

7+ Year Old Account
    Say you wanna know what's the worst expansion ever? Warlords of Draenor.

Atleast with Legion it was Great Expansion unlike the Ugly Excuse of doing nothing like WoD.

So most of the players here seems to be praising legion, they can barely point out any problems, and they are praising legion to a point where some of it starts to become a little bit delusional.

I have a somewhat different opinion about legion, so im going to go through the good, the bad and the ugly about this expansion.

The Good The storyline was okay. Blizzard makes some epic cinematics, and legion was no exception.

The Bad Questing was an awful experience. Some of the quests were horribly bugged, would often guide you to a completely wrong location and gave an absolute abysmal amount of experience. The questing areas were poorly designed and the terrain was awful to navigate through, so you would often have to make a detour just to get to the right location. Legion felt like an unpolished expansion.

Gearing up was a pain in the ass for fresh characters and you had to go through an absurd amount of time waste just to get good enough gear for LFR. World quests were a joke and would often give you worse gear than you already had.

Blizzard would then us buy our gear with nethershards, which is a lazy solution. They later added veiled argunites, which is the same trivial grinding process as nethershards. Same goes for grinding artifact power for your weapons, you just do the same mindless and repetitive grinding to get whatever currency blizzard wants you to get, which sums up the absurd and boring RNG grindfest that was legion.

What's the point of playing if you are just going to randomly give us the best items in the game?

Summary
    Well, that's my 2 cents. I haven't had a worse time playing wow for a seriously long time, and on several occasions I honestly felt like blizzard was wasting my time on purpose so my subscription would run out and they would make some more money from me subscribing again.

While some of the players on this forum can barely get their hands down from excitement over legion, I have to say that legion was problably one of the worst expansions ever made in the franchise.
    Your problem is that you are burned out on wow and are looking for any reason to explain why you feel this way but the reality is your dopamine receptors are blunted to the dopamine wow creates so you are over it. Move along, nothing to see here. Just another guy with no clue why he thinks the way he does.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

People are -still- crying about LFR on this forum?

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    People are -still- crying about LFR on this forum?

LOL
    It's like requests to play freebird, all the mullets gotta shout it even if nothing happens or it just don't feel right.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Legion was great.

...did you play during WoD?

Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    Atleast with Legion it was Great Expansion unlike the Ugly Excuse of doing nothing like WoD.
    Doing nothing is better than doing bad content with little variation all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

The Bad Questing was an awful experience. Some of the quests were horribly bugged, would often guide you to a completely wrong location and gave an absolute abysmal amount of experience. The questing areas were poorly designed and the terrain was awful to navigate through, so you would often have to make a detour just to get to the right location.
    I... what? I leveled on launch day, and all the quests pointed to the right locations. The XP wasn't bad, either -- I got to 110 by doing the main storyline and most of the bonus objectives in each zone. Now, with heirlooms, I barely even have to complete two zones before I'm 110.

Legion was better than WoD, but that bar was set pretty damn low.

Legion is still far worse than any other expansion other than WoD.

I never got tired of time gates for everything in MoP or Cataclysm. I never got bored with the content in WotLK or TBC. Legion is better than WoD...that's it.