Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Quilboar seem to have the highest chance right now (but I don't think they're happening). They have both male and female models, they have separate eyeball models
    ...seriously? That is like damning evidence for me.

I don't think them being antagonists is a huge deal, as the Sethrak are also antagonists but there is a sect that we help. The main antagonists of the region are Ashvanes and sea priests.
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2018-02-23 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    ...seriously? That is like damning evidence for me.

I don't think them being antagonists is a huge deal, as the Sethrak are also antagonists but there is a sect that we help. The main antagonists of the region are Ashvanes and sea priests.
    Yep they do. And they have expressive, animated faces, check their emotes. They are currently using many tauren animations, including the dance.

EDIT: If you wanna check their model on mmo c modelviewer: http://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/131243-quilboar-brute
    EDIT 2: Woah, check their "EmoteTalkQuestion" animation, it's incredibly detailed. The kissing animation too. The spell animations all have facial animations.
    I'm getting super convinced now...
    Last edited by Hugnomo; 2018-02-23 at 04:23 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I'm getting super convinced now...

You're getting super convinced because they use nearly all Tauren animations? Okay... I guess thats fine.. but tell me, do they have different Hairstyles? Different Faces? Other Customizable options? No?... well seems like boarmen dreams are shattered... for now.

Quote Originally Posted by OpieOP View Post
    You're getting super convinced because they use nearly all Tauren animations? Okay... I guess thats fine.. but tell me, do they have different Hairstyles? Different Faces? Other Customizable options? No?... well seems like boarmen dreams are shattered... for now.
    No, they have newly developed facial rigging and animation for every single animation they have. Those are not borrowed from the tauren. Sethrak and tortollan don't have none of that for example. Not even Vulpera have finished facial animations.
    Seems like my opinions are my own and will be either shattered or corroborated in due time.

Until recently vulpera didn't even have separate eyeballs. These guys do (which is one of the reasons they can have expressive facial animations)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Issue is we got there in a flash because Illidan had opened that portal in space between the two worlds. Which then closed, we think for good, after Antorus.

Blizz could always just say the Vindicar can warp to Argus any time it wants, but that opens a plot hole of why we needed Illidan's portal anyway.
    It could be explained, just say that it couldn't do it until the power up we gave it in Antorus (The combination of the fragments of light, void and arcane that made it a bling bling space cruise -golden-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Actually, that makes sense. With the exception of Void Elves and maybe the Nightborne which are no longer connected to the races they are similar to.
    The Nightborne story seem to be taking place together with the Blood Elf story (and it makes sense), but yes when it comes to the Void Elves, but i think that's mainly cause they wanna give Alleria a big impact in the Alliance, so they will be there with her.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Saberon would be a cool fucking choice. I just don't think Blizz remembers them.

I think they work for many different reasons such as you said, they can use the Worgen skeleton which would offer both a male and female thing (though they'd have to create a new female model I guess)

They are furry so they appeal to those nutcases.

They are also badass instead of cutesy so they would kinda be the exception to those that dislike animal races. This wouldn't be a panda/vulpera situation. This would be more of a Tauren/Worgen thing.

Different fur colors, different stripes/spots, armor would fit them well. It'd be interesting to see them with hair or at least manes.
    Well i'm not against Saberons. Who remember Golden Axe 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    I am thinking night elf worgen as the potential 4th. Think this would come with the new worgen models as well, while also making the ne models different, maybe with a similar concept as that one person's with antlers added and runic tattoos to keep them from going full feral.

Otherwise, they maybe add broken, from outland as a playable race, since we cannot actually get back to argus (illidans portal is closed), but I have my doubts on a second draenai race.

Night Elf Worgen would be Naga

Quote Originally Posted by OpieOP View Post
    Agreed, but, the Vulpera only recently got lively faces and customization options. Beforehand they looked like throwaway NPCs: now they look like player characters.

There is still months to add customization for them, and they still need a lot of work on the larger Kul Tirans so it may be a while before we see anything for them.

I thought they added Thin Human as a race

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    or au draenor draenei hooray you get 3rd eredar races
    So you rather have a 3rd draenei race instead of a completely new cat race?

Quote Originally Posted by Naxalia View Post
    they hate the kul tirans with a passion.
    Also, every single one of them is dead aside from their leader. And the Alliance will kill him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The BrewCity Monk View Post
    So you rather have a 3rd draenei race instead of a completely new cat race?
    No way bro. We talking about Alliance. We only have choice between 3rd human race or 3rd draenei race. Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    No way bro. We talking about Alliance. We only have choice between 3rd human race or 3rd draenei race. Sad but true.
    Would be cool to have gnolls as an allied race. In Traveler they're introduced more as a misunderstood warrior culture and it would be cool if Anduin could challenge the various clan chieftains to fights and unite them into one vassal clan in Westfall. Gnolls have actually grown on me throughout the years, they're like redneck Dothraki hyenas.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Would be cool to have gnolls as an allied race. In Traveler they're introduced more as a misunderstood warrior culture and it would be cool if Anduin could challenge the various clan chieftains to fights and unite them into one vassal clan in Westfall. Gnolls have actually grown on me throughout the years, they're like redneck Dothraki hyenas.
    I don't think Gnoll will join Alliance. Especially Stormwind (Gnolls Wars).

If we pick from two most famous lesser races like gnoll and kobold i would pick kobold any day. In Legion Blizzard made interesting hints between them and old gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    I don't think Gnoll will join Alliance. Especially Stormwind (Gnolls Wars).
    I doubt the gnolls would have bad blood with the Stormwindians due to the Gnoll Wars. They're a culture predicated on conquest and the stronger dominating against the weaker. The humans however could be very skeptical and somewhat untrusting of them, but Anduin may have the charisma to rally them altogether.

If we pick from two most famous lesser races like gnoll and kobold i would pick kobold any day. In Legion Blizzard made interesting hints between them and old gods.
    I actually think there are a group of kobolds in the Horde. They're listed as a (minor) race under the Horde on Wowpedia at least.

Don't we know that they are using a single skeleton now instead of specific skeletons for specific races?

I don't get the quillboar love tbh. I feel like a race has to be somewhat more advanced to be even remotely considered a serious contender for implementation. They carve out huts in bramble patches.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    I don't get the quillboar love tbh. I feel like a race has to be somewhat more advanced to be even remotely considered a serious contender for implementation. They carve out huts in bramble patches.
    It's kind of funny seeing some people insist sethrak wouldn't fit in with the Alliance, but then turn around and suggest things like quilboar, saberon, or saurok instead.

I think they're just building more detailed NPCs across the board. If any of them ever developed a significant following, it wouldn't be that much work to turn some of them into allied races later.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    I bet my money on Kul'tiran humans.

Which will be the third disappointing race added to Alliance in a row. Counting all but Velf. Velf was so shittily pulled out of nowhere, i was expecting nothing, so i could not be disappointed. I actually like to see the model in my groups from time to time and they give WoW one race that is able to cope with the post-Legion motive of Shadow Priests.

If Blizzard is set on not giving Alliance any allied races with interesting, established lore that have not already been part of the Alliance forever....i actually would prefer them to go ahead with the Velf-style: Just pull a new race out of nowhere that makes absolutely no fucking sense in any way but at least looks good.
    It does sort of match the whole theme of orks vs humans if two of the new allied races are an ork race and a new human race.

Curious... would they add a race without two genders? Possible?

^I mean, there's nothing set in stone saying that they absolutely couldn't, but I kinda doubt that they would.