7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    A what? Is this something new?
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=281839.2...aghar-direwolf

NEW Gorgrond

Ogrimmar Embassy: Horde Battleship - The Windrunner
    Stormwind Embassy: Alliance Battleship - Wind's Redemption

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    I dunno, I'm sick of furry races, give the scalies something. Saurok is an acceptable second but they're even less likely since they're genetically coded to be violent, unless they pull an entire clan of dragonmen out their asses.
    But the problem with that is snake is consider evil or sneaky. And a snake race in the Alliance wouldn't fit at all. If Blizz would ever do made them playable, they'll would be Horde. Unless they pull Worgen, and make them human with curse snake bodies. Which would be the lazy and stupid way to give y'all them.

And this is WoW. Almost every races in this world is furry. But judging from your icon, you're not going to budge on not having scalies.

Quote Originally Posted by The BrewCity Monk View Post
    But the problem with that is snake is consider evil or sneaky. And a snake race in the Alliance wouldn't fit at all. If Blizz would ever do made them playable, they'll would be Horde. Unless they pull Worgen, and make them human with curse snake bodies. Which would be the lazy and stupid way to give y'all them.

And this is WoW. Almost every races in this world is furry. But judging from your icon, you're not going to budge on not having scalies.
    Iunno, really I'd play one regardless of faction. And yep, you have pretty much the right of it, though it's as much just that variety is the spice of life as it is me being what I am.

At the moment, we'll just have to see how their story develops, I'm holding out hope we'll be in a situation like the Nightborne where the initial story doesn't justify them being playable, but story advancement/patches will.

With this idiotic ideas i cant even imagine how would warcraft 4 look like.. Alliance would have barracks for humans, hatchery for sethraks, swiming pools for Jinyu, nests for Arakkoa etc.. You cant just play every race, just because they look cool. They need to make sense being in political faction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    With this idiotic ideas i cant even imagine how would warcraft 4 look like.. Alliance would have barracks for humans, hatchery for sethraks, swiming pools for Jinyu, nests for Arakkoa etc.. You cant just play every race, just because they look cool. They need to make sense being in political faction.
    I hope Warcraft 4 will not consider WoW story at all. Like reboot.

Something like story takes time after The Frozen Throne.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    It's not already outrageous with Human, Dwarf, Night Elf, Gnome, Draenei, Worgen, Pandaren, Lightforged, Void Elves, Dark Iron Dwarves, and Kul'tirans?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    I hope Warcraft 4 will not consider WoW story at all. Like reboot.

Something like story takes time after The Frozen Throne.
    I imagine it will. Just it'll be set like 40 years later after the existing factions have broken down.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    unless they pull an entire clan of dragonmen out their asses.
    At this point, this is exactly what I'm expecting. Mag'har and Dark Iron are ready made variations, but Void Elves and Vulpera are well crafted tweaks of existing assets that are pulled out of nowhere because they market well. I am fully expecting some new "race" with scaled-dragon-skin-on-a-Worgen with 5 seconds of retconned lore to justify their existence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sign me up on the "starting to suspect Arakkoa" train.

At least until we know for sure why there's Alliance content in the Gorgrond scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    If Horde are getting Orcs from Draenor, maybe Alliance can get the Arrakoa they've been asking for.
    I think the idea is Au Dreanor Orcs : Vanilla Green Orcs :: Kul Tiran Human : Vanilla Human

that said if the the idea is to introduce Draenor Orcs and then for the Alliance another WoD race the High Arrakoa is an intriguing choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I think the idea is Au Dreanor Orcs : Vanilla Green Orcs :: Kul Tiran Human : Vanilla Human

that said if the the idea is to introduce Draenor Orcs and then for the Alliance another WoD race the High Arrakoa is an intriguing choice.
    It would likely delay the Kul'tirans. But let's be real, odds are high that if this expansion doesn't end up abandoned that we see at least one more batch later in the expansion. Probably that would be Vulpera for Horde, and either Arakkoa or Kul'tiran for Alliance, whichever one they don't get alongside Mag'har.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It would likely delay the Kul'tirans. But let's be real, odds are high that if this expansion doesn't end up abandoned that we see at least one more batch later in the expansion. Probably that would be Vulpera for Horde, and either Arakkoa or Kul'tiran for Alliance, whichever one they don't get alongside Mag'har.
    I mean logically Kul Tirans should be introduced as an allied race mid way through the expansion as if the Ally's go there and assist them, rep up etc. In that context I hope maybe it is Orcs/Arrakoa instead of Orcs/Kul Tirans because I want to make a Draenor Orc sooner and not have to wait until mid '19. I actually started leveling a new orc and all this datamining has me reconsidering.
    Aesthetically I think the High Arrakoa would be a good fit with the Alliance with a kind of "pretty" or "regal" look to them. They may also be able to go a gender neutral version of the model with the trade off that they can fly mountlessly.
    Looking at images it seems they try to suggest gender on them via clothing/armor rather than 2 different models. Maybe have different plumage colorings as well for gender?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean logically Kul Tirans should be introduced as an allied race mid way through the expansion as if the Ally's go there and assist them, rep up etc. In that context I hope maybe it is Orcs/Arrakoa instead of Orcs/Kul Tirans because I want to make a Draenor Orc sooner and not have to wait until mid '19. I actually started leveling a new orc and all this datamining has me reconsidering.
    Aesthetically I think the High Arrakoa would be a good fit with the Alliance with a kind of "pretty" or "regal" look to them. They may also be able to go a gender neutral version of the model with the trade off that they can fly mountlessly.
    Looking at images it seems they try to suggest gender on them via clothing/armor rather than 2 different models. Maybe have different plumage colorings as well for gender?

https://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2014/july/Arakkoa2.jpg[/IMG]
    https://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2014/july/Arakkoa2Variants.jpg[/img]
    For sure I think the High Arakkoan would work best for Alliance. If only because the hunchback ones have.... difficult animations and don't look like they'd work with armor as well.

Though I think Blizz would create a female model for them. The nice thing about the Arakkoan is their sexual dimorphism is likely low. They could really go in and modifiy the existing model to create male and females.

Though honestly the amount of work that would mean probably means they're coming later. If I had to project here what we'd get it'd be Dark Iron/Dreanor Orc right away, Kul'tiran and Zandalari in 8.1, and then Vulpera and Arakkoa in 8.2 or 8.3.

I thought the Dark Iron and Zandalari were the ones people would have to level through the BfA zones to gain access to. I mean Kul Tiran and Zanda would make more sense in that regard. Maybe you are right DI and Orcs in 8.0 or whatever patch brings the Silithus bg etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the Dark Iron and Zandalari were the ones people would have to level through the BfA zones to gain access to. I mean Kul Tiran and Zanda would make more sense in that regard. Maybe you are right DI and Orcs in 8.0 or whatever patch brings the Silithus bg etc.
    I think I've said it in this thread as well but what I think is gonna happen is DID and Mag'har are going to just be tied to completing the War Campaign. Like how you got an artifact appearance (and later a mount) for your Order Hall Campaign.

Then I think the Kul'tirans and Zandalari are basically a mini-pathfinder for getting Loremaster and Diplomat of your host continent.

Past that we're really just speculating at this point, though Vulpera seem like a pretty obvious and easy add, and Arakkoa purely would balance out the Horde getting an AU race.

Though probably unlikely, I would like to see Vrykul hit Alliance, not only would it give me beyond-Dwarf race to enjoy but their hunger for battle disposition gives them a facet the Alliance needs. Would definitely serve as a catalyst to some skirmishes with the Horde too if Vrykul come in and cast the first stone.

I'm pretty sure I have this figured out: The simple answer is that we're getting 9 allied races this expansion. Each faction will have an even 4 with Mag'har And Kul'tirans rounding out the loyalists. Vulpera will be the game's second neutral race.

On the off chance that I'm wrong, I think we can eliminate Saberons - they're just too stupid and uncivilized. Vulpera are already eating up a ton of development resources with their custom skeletal work, so Seth'Rak are right out. This leaves two quick and easy options in Broken Dranei and Wildhammer Dwarves.

7+ Year Old Account
    with kultirans killing the vrykul dream, we can only hope for the arakkoa now

Since we are going to Draenor, i wish we could get the Gorian ogres and high arakkoa, im gonna be rly pised off if we do not get those 2 races by the end of the allied race feature in BfA, we are waiting then since TBC and vanilla
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-02-24 at 08:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboSiege View Post
    I'm pretty sure I have this figured out: The simple answer is that we're getting 9 allied races this expansion. Each faction will have an even 4 with Mag'har And Kul'tirans rounding out the loyalists. Vulpera will be the game's second neutral race.

On the off chance that I'm wrong, I think we can eliminate Saberons - they're just too stupid and uncivilized. Vulpera are already eating up a ton of development resources with their custom skeletal work, so Seth'Rak are right out. This leaves two quick and easy options in Broken Dranei and Wildhammer Dwarves.
    Neutral in an expansion where the entire selling point is "the entire world is picking sides."

Good one.

Kul’Tirans and Vulpera are far from certainties at this point. I would t even call Mag’har orcs confirmed yet. They could just be playing around with ideas, although this is doubtful.

My point is that there’s zero evidence that Kul’Tirans will be an allied race, and the only thing pointing to Vulpera is a column on a datamined table that Blizzard has specifically said shouldn’t be taken as fact until it’s announced.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    My point is that there’s zero evidence that Kul’Tirans will be an allied race, and the only thing pointing to Vulpera is a column on a datamined table that Blizzard has specifically said shouldn’t be taken as fact until it’s announced.
    there are evidences though