• Yes

44 10.05%
  • Nope

394 89.95%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    there was one in vanilla. at the meeting stones. then they put it on inkeepers too. nobody used it but it was there.
    I honestly don't remember that one, probably because of how useful it was. I thought it was TBC thing.

In that case just make it global and that's it and maybe we will play in patch that does not remove World Defense channel, that could be a thing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I honestly don't remember that one, probably because of how useful it was. I thought it was TBC thing.

In that case just make it global and that's it and maybe we will play in patch that does not remove World Defense channel, that could be a thing too.
    it was. the matchmaking part to it was horribad but there was one in vanilla.

Have a global LFG channel and we are set

it was. the matchmaking part to it was horribad but there was one in vanilla.
    yes, at the later patches around tbc pre patch. Very bad.

See this is exactly what will make vanilla servers so funny. All the QoL improvements of modern wow this wont have and people will wish they had it haha. No QoL just give them that extremely grindy and often unsatisfying vanilla experience.

I, personally, think that a basic dungeon finder tool would be great, especially because I bet some will come up with some 3rd party one anyway like OpenRaid and such or even some Discord groups.

Times changed, it's not 2005 anymore and people will have this up and running in no time anyway.

But only that - dungeon finder tool, without matchmaking/teleports and shit.
    And more importantly without the reduced to shit difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    No. LFR is one of the cancers that has killed this game and its population. You want to raid, raid the right way or dont raid at all.
    it killed the population? interesting and completely incorrect, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by garfeeld View Post
    it killed the population? interesting and completely incorrect, lol.
    lfr and lfd did kill the community for alot of people. and of course cross realm most importantly. if it hadnt been for cross realm it wouldve been almost ok. now its panned by most of the people who watched the community die back then. so no hes not completely correct but hes not far from the truth.

lfr and lfd did kill the community for alot of people. and of course cross realm most importantly. if it hadnt been for cross realm it wouldve been almost ok. now its panned by most of the people who watched the community die back then. so no hes not completely correct but hes not far from the truth.
    It only kills the community if you let it though, and it certainly was not the sole reason like he claimed for millions. Community died or not died based on the people not the systems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Who is they? I'm tikcol, I want LFR because it fits naturally into the classic raid ecosystem.
    lol do you remember the 10th anniversary molten core event? if you didn't do it the first day with mains carrying you had hard time otherwise as everyone who queued just wanted a carry.

Quote Originally Posted by garfeeld View Post
    It only kills the community if you let it though, and it certainly was not the sole reason like he claimed for millions. Community died or not died based on the people not the systems.
    an mmorpgs main job is to put people in a position that they will group up and form the community. it being relegated to a server kept people together and in line. making things cross realm put a dagger into that.

the group finder itself wouldve been sorta fine even though it took out alot of the social aspect of making groups.

lfr would even be sorta fine but like the group finder it takes out the social aspect of making groups. that and the lowering of the difficulty of the raids where a group of cats running across keyboards could do it is a problem.

i get the feeling OP is an idiot

The effort the OP has put into this is rather impressive. Most trolls post and run, but this guy is really keeping up with the thread and everyone just keeps plugging along with it.
    Sealth [Cenarius] Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it doesn't need to be in Classic at first, maybe never but certainly not at the start. After a year or so, that might be a time to discuss it. One thing about it is how many realms will there be and how many people still playing after a year has gone by.

That's really the time to start about discussing how "Classic" might be changed.

Whether this is a troll thread or not, I'm going to ask people to make a serious reply or keep your thoughts to yourself about the nature of the thread. We've closed these in the past and if there's no useful discussion to be had we'll close this one too. Describing the OP as a troll isn't useful and liable to get your account infracted.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    Just do as I did. Report the thread. It is a blantantly obvious attempt and trolling. He's trying to make a row.
    More of a rant at the general "community" not just THIS post. There are legit people asking for the other things, not trolling.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    I'm sure we care more about our profile stats like number of posts than what others might or might not think. If we're stepping on toes then we're doing something right at-least. Reform instead of punish. We've all made mistakes and will continue to do so in order to learn.

As I said later tiers wouldn't work with a fresh 60 in LFR so it'd be more difficult to implement later tiers in it, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to queue for just MC or settle for LFD to help form groups. It's easy to forget how much ingame administrative work went into making raids not just happen but also succeed back then compared to now.
    Yeah I'm gonna just disagree entirely with you. If someone trolls everytime they post then you'd be a fool to believe there sincere right off the bat when all evidence points to the opposite. One has to take time to change their own reputation if they wish to be respected and believed.

Anyways I have to assume you haven't played private realms or raided on them right? Because I think you'll be very surprised to find out that you can literally invite anyone to raids and clear them. You don't even need fire resist gear anymore. Seriously I went in expecting that I'd need a ton of FR as a fury warrior like I did in vanilla for Rag and Vael, but nope just didn't even need it. No one farmed it except tanks.

So yeah as I said maybe Naxx is different but it would be absurd to add LFR to classic WoW for one raid tier. You simply don't need it for the others as you can make a Pug group at the drop of a hat.

Edit: Sorry just saw your post Moanalisa. I won't say anything else on that issue again.

lul... Yeah... no.

I can't say I fondly remember these days when you sat in trade trying to gather the group to some far ass dungeon, then had to go to the end of the world to get there and had your group disband 5 minutes after start because people can't differentiate fucking right from left.

Easily an hour wasted for nothing at times, out of which 50 mins were pretty much half-afk.
    Then don't play Classic. Classic is for the people who want to actually play the game as it was intended. Not the dumbed down version for the generation of ADD gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Then don't play Classic. Classic is for the people who want to actually play the game as it was intended. Not the dumbed down version for the generation of ADD gamers.
    And what about adding minor features that don't impact the gameplay directly such as colorblind mode?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And what about adding minor features that don't impact the gameplay directly such as colorblind mode?
    Nice bait and switch. Like a true politician.

"These purists dont want changes - Ergo, they hate blind people".

As a purist myself, I have no problem with adding colorblind support. I dont think there is one single purist that would be against that.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    Nice bait and switch. Like a true politician.

"These purists dont want changes - Ergo, they hate blind people".

As a purist myself, I have no problem with adding colorblind support. I dont think there is one single purist that would be against that.
    So you get to decide where to draw the line? It doesn't work like that. It's either copy paste or it isn't. If you add anything at all, including LFR is immediately justified.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Why is that the case? You might feel that way but Blizzard as a company is all about profit. They wont build something this massive without thinking about profits. Your nostalgia alone wont bring in the cash.