10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yes and IMO are better, They play thought the full main story as well (across 4 games).
    Nice, now I cant wait to pick it up. Thanks, you're a real G.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe, I'm not gonna rule it out. I just wouldn't be surprised is all. The price may be appealing since its low and depends how they handle the VC's with it.
    Im guessing they are going to make the service better, but charge more now.

Guessing it has VC discounts. Have to pay to access apps like Netflix. Cloud storage. on system voice/party chat. 50 dollars a year, 19.99 for 3 months, or 7.99 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Have to pay to access apps like Netflix.
    Nintendo would literally get torn to shreds if they tried to pull that.

MS used to do it, and got rid of that requirement due to backlash when Sony's paid service wasn't required for them.

Nice, now I cant wait to pick it up. Thanks, you're a real G.

- - - Updated - - -

Im guessing they are going to make the service better, but charge more now.

Guessing it has VC discounts. Have to pay to access apps like Netflix. Cloud storage. on system voice/party chat. 50 dollars a year, 19.99 for 3 months, or 7.99 a month.
    Top: No problem.

Bottom: No way in hell Nintendo will make you pay there service to use Netflix, If they did there would be massive backlash for it. Like Tech pointed out Microsoft did it as well and people was pissed. Its one reason why Cross-Play between them and Sony/Square Enix got sour. Back in the day you had to pay for XBL (gold at the time) to play Final Fantasy XI online and that already cost $15 a month.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Nintendo would literally get torn to shreds if they tried to pull that.

MS used to do it, and got rid of that requirement due to backlash when Sony's paid service wasn't required for them.
    yeah, online only apps and games like netflix and mmos tend to be excluded.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

That moment when my Import of Bayonetta 2 comes early but I'm not here to accept it. So now I got to have the post office redeliver it or I go pick it up.

The one time they deliver at 10:30am and not the normal time for 4PM...

Feelsbadman.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Top: No problem.

Bottom: No way in hell Nintendo will make you pay there service to use Netflix, If they did there would be massive backlash for it. Like Tech pointed out Microsoft did it as well and people was pissed. Its one reason why Cross-Play between them and Sony/Square Enix got sour. Back in the day you had to pay for XBL (gold at the time) to play Final Fantasy XI online and that already cost $15 a month.
    I was not aware that they ever removed that requirement in the first place. My bad.

What would they have to do to make you pay 50-60 dollars a year and not feel cheated?

What would they have to do to make you pay 50-60 dollars a year and not feel cheated?
    Give away 5 free games a month ranging from small digital only titles to full fledged AAA ones? That's what Sony/MS gives you.

Nintendo can't get away with charging the same price unless they're willing to offer parity with benefits.

I was not aware that they ever removed that requirement in the first place. My bad.

Nothing.

I will feel cheated regardless of what they do. Even the 20 is bullshit.

Don't remember seeing it mentioned but since I know we have JRPG fans and in particular Tales fans in this thread... Shining Resonance Refrain is getting a Switch version when it finally comes west this summer. It was a PS3 game that was previously never localized. The Resonance series in general is a very Tales like(basically tales, without being tales) series made by Sega and the game by all accounts was good(it was plagued by some shitty monetization practices on PS3 but they're removed in the remaster).

Last edited by Tech614; 2018-02-25 at 07:46 AM.

Give 3-5 games a month and deals just like PSN/XBL. I have no problem with paying for the Online if the value is there, We shall see if its there for Nintendo.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't remember seeing it mentioned but since I know we have JRPG fans and in particular Tales fans in this thread... Shining Resonance Refrain is getting a Switch version when it finally comes west this summer. It was a PS3 game that was previously never localized. The Resonance series in general is a very Tales like(basically tales, without being tales) series made by Sega and the game by all accounts was good(it was plagued by some shitty monetization practices on PS3 but they're removed in the remaster).
    Seems interesting ill have to give it a look when it comes out, Thx for the info.

Give away 5 free games a month ranging from small digital only titles to full fledged AAA ones? That's what Sony/MS gives you.

Nintendo can't get away with charging the same price unless they're willing to offer parity with benefits.
    Hate to break it to you, but Nintendo isn't Microsoft/Sony and just because they are doing something in a certain way doesn't mean everyone has to do it.

Skickat från min F8331 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mrgibb View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but Nintendo isn't Microsoft/Sony and just because they are doing something in a certain way doesn't mean everyone has to do it.
    On some things you are correct but on this you are not. Nintendo must provide some value to the cost or people won't pay it. Hell XBL was a monthly sub longer than PSN and even MS had to change there setup to match Sony's.

Like it or not MS/Sony is competition with Nintendo and they must provide value

10+ Year Old Account
    So what third party games do you guys think will come this fall?

Is call of duty 100% off the table?

So what third party games do you guys think will come this fall?

Call of duty is 100% on the table and coming to Switch. There has been way too many rumors about it being in development for Switch for it not to happen.

Honestly it being on Switch may be the only way I buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Third Party games I want announced at E3 for switch.

Kingdom hearts 1.5.+2.5
    Kingdom hears 2.8
    Kingdom hearts 3
    Mass Effect Trilogy
    Diablo 3
    Dragonquest details
    Final Fantasy 12 Remaster
    Crash remaster
    Spyro Remaster

All I can think of off the top of my head.

Kingdom hearts 1.5.+2.5
    Kingdom hears 2.8
    Kingdom hearts 3
    Mass Effect Trilogy
    Diablo 3
    Dragonquest details
    Crash remaster
    Spyro Remaster

I can promise you the Kingdom Hearts games won't be announced. Maybe down the road and well after the PS4/XB1 release of KH3 but there is a 99.9% chance they don't get announced for Switch anytime soon.

Square Enix's focus with KH is getting KH3 out for PS4/XB1, Having to port it to Switch as well will just take up time. Also seeing how the KH1.5/2.5 and 2.8 games didn't even come to XB1 I don't see them coming to Switch ether.

Personally I wouldn't want to see KH3 (and 2.8) on the Switch because it would have to be scaled back greatly to run on it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-02-25 at 05:10 PM.

Yes. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Yes. /10char
    No its 100% on the tablet and coming to Switch, way too many rumors about its development for it not to happen.

Kingdom hearts 1.5.+2.5
    Kingdom hears 2.8
    Kingdom hearts 3
    Mass Effect Trilogy
    Diablo 3
    Dragonquest details
    Crash remaster
    Spyro Remaster

You want a bunch of random late ports that probably won't happen? I'll pass on all that shit, the switch needs original or day and date content. It already has ass loads of late ports already out and still coming out, doesn't need more.

Also what do you mean by "dragonquest details"? XI albeit not the switch version has been out in Japan for awhile now. If you want to know about the game you can pretty much know everything about it you want to know. The game is basically identical outside of massive graphical differences between 3DS and PS4 versions so they same will be true of the Switch version...
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-02-25 at 08:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I meant I wanted to see what it looked like. All of those ports would sell incredibly well.