Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    im still super FUCKING MAD AS ALL HELL about EA killing off bullfrog in 2001. everything after is just the cum cream on the scat pie that is EA

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Because she is a smart intelligent articulate woman with valuable insights on gaming and pop culture.
    i cant tell is bait or you actually serious?

this women is even hated by a lot of feminists

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    And those people should go to jail?
    Generally speaking, that's what's supposed to happen to people when they break the law.

I thought the prevalent attitude around here was "no sympathy for criminals"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    I'm a passionate fan of film, and that industry is already been infected and semi ruined just look at the ghostbusters remake disaster/ All the white washing crap with ghost in a shell. You will probably just dismiss film because "we're talking about video games hur dur" and act like they are not both forms of art that are similar in many ways

SJW are creeping into art seeking censorship and promoting bullshit and it pisses me off.
    Neither of these films were bad because of that, however. Ghostbusters was bad because it was't funny at all, had terrible pacing and foolishly tried to one-up the originals instead of flowing from them. Ghost in the Shell was bad because it tossed out the intricate source material to be nothing but a CGI fuckfest. Besides, wouldn't putting a white actress as the lead character instead of a more sensible Asian one be the thing SJWs wouldn't do, actually?

There's been plenty of good, successful films with female leads. You can't cite these two examples and act as if they represent the whole industry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Well, seeing the gamergate crowds lose their minds over this is pretty funny, so that's an upside.
    you mean a large quantity of the customers for there future and likely to be last game from bioware ?|

its pretty clear if this came isn't of cod level success bioware is done. mostly because of the pile of shit Andromeda was that landed them here but also because EA are complete twats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Generally speaking, that's what's supposed to happen to people when they break the law.

I thought the prevalent attitude around here was "no sympathy for criminals"
    Hence why I argued they should go to jail...

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Neither of these films were bad because of that, however. Ghostbusters was bad because it was't funny at all, had terrible pacing and foolishly tried to one-up the originals instead of flowing from them. Ghost in the Shell was bad because it tossed out the intricate source material to be nothing but a CGI fuckfest. Besides, wouldn't putting a white actress as the lead character instead of a more sensible Asian one be the thing SJWs wouldn't do, actually?

There's been plenty of good, successful films with female leads. You can't cite these two examples and act as if they represent the whole industry.
    If the ghostbusters script was so bad it begs the question why they went ahead with it anyway? Maybe they were hoping the controversy would put bums in seats and it would make money anyway?

I'm not saying female leads cant be good films. Alien is one of my favourite films of all time. Ex machina more recently was great also with alicia vikander as a robot. Hell even the new star wars has a female lead.

You might have a point the more SJW move would have been to have an Asian actor rather than the more famous scarlett Johannson so you're probably right its a poor example. The point is I fear for the quality of future products as the SJW agenda gets more and more mainstream attention and negative press causes studios to water down their content out of fear of offending people.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Hence why I argued they should go to jail...
    You didn't make an argument that they should go to jail. You asked a question as to whether or not they should go to jail. If your intent was to say they should go to jail...maybe leave out the question mark.

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    You didn't make an argument that they should go to jail. You asked a question as to whether or not they should go to jail. If your intent was to say they should go to jail...maybe leave out the question mark.
    The person I was talking to didn't seem to have trouble understanding what I said.

I apologize that you ignored our several page conversation to cherry pick a single quote and misrepresent it.

If the ghostbusters script was so bad it begs the question why they went ahead with it anyway? Maybe they were hoping the controversy would put bums in seats and it would make money anyway?

I'm not saying female leads cant be good films. Alien is one of my favourite films of all time. Ex machina more recently was great also with alicia vikander as a robot. Hell even the new star wars has a female lead.

You might have a point the more SJW move would have been to have an Asian actor rather than the more famous scarlett Johannson so you're probably right its a poor example. The point is I fear for the quality of future products as the SJW agenda gets more and more mainstream attention and negative press causes studios to water down their content out of fear of offending people.
    So basically, one film was maybe bad because of SJWs, and despite the norm of female-led films actually being good, or at least free from overly feminist influences, we should fear for the future?

I dunno, this is way too alarmist for me. Just like Anita visiting Bioware, I get a big fat case of who gives a shit. A new Ghostbuster would only ever have been accepted by fans if it was a really, really good movie, regardless of cast, and the license definitely isn't as strong or popular as the executives thought it was anyway. And it really wasn't a fear of offending people that made that movie bad at all.

So basically, one film was maybe bad because of SJWs, and despite the norm of female-led films actually being good, or at least free from overly feminist influences, we should fear for the future?

I dunno, this is way too alarmist for me. Just like Anita visiting Bioware, I get a big fat case of who gives a shit. A new Ghostbuster would only ever have been accepted by fans if it was a really, really good movie, regardless of cast, and the license definitely isn't as strong or popular as the executives thought it was anyway. And it really wasn't a fear of offending people that made that movie bad at all.
    It might sound alarmist but I'm just calling the patterns how I see it.

Joss Whedon was gonna direct a Batgirl movie but after the Metoo movement and his history of cheating on his wife and being a man directing a female movie might look bad so the studio pilled the pin fearing a backlash. Thats all 100% true and you're welcome to fact check it.

It might sound alarmist but I'm just calling the patterns how I see it.

Joss Whedon was gonna direct a Batgirl movie but after the Metoo movement and his history of cheating on his wife and being a man directing a female movie might look bad so the studio pilled the pin fearing a backlash. Thats all 100% true and you're welcome to fact check it.
    Actually, Whedon pulled out because he didn't have a story.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-movie-1087384

"Batgirl is such an exciting project, and Warners/DC such collaborative and supportive partners, that it took me months to realize I really didn't have a story," Whedon on Thursday told The Hollywood Reporter in a statement. Referring to DC president Geoff Johns and Warner Bros. Picture Group president Toby Emmerich, he added, "I'm grateful to Geoff and Toby and everyone who was so welcoming when I arrived, and so understanding when I…uh, is there a sexier word for 'failed'?"

Quote Originally Posted by Spriggs View Post
    Actually, Whedon pulled out because he didn't have a story.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-movie-1087384

"Batgirl is such an exciting project, and Warners/DC such collaborative and supportive partners, that it took me months to realize I really didn't have a story," Whedon on Thursday told The Hollywood Reporter in a statement. Referring to DC president Geoff Johns and Warner Bros. Picture Group president Toby Emmerich, he added, "I'm grateful to Geoff and Toby and everyone who was so welcoming when I arrived, and so understanding when I…uh, is there a sexier word for 'failed'?"
    "Whedon pulled out because he didn't have a story." is studio talk for letting them walk away so both parties can save face.

Come on, there are great origin stories for batgirl, you really believe that corporate talk

"Whedon pulled out because he didn't have a story." is studio talk for letting them walk away so both parties can save face.

Come on, there are great origin stories for batgirl, you really believe that corporate talk
    So your story is 100% true if we accept your version of the events. Alright then.

Sorry, but it's going to take a lot more than that for me to engage my panic mode.

So your story is 100% true if we accept your version of the events. Alright then.

Sorry, but it's going to take a lot more than that for me to engage my panic mode.
    Well if you do a little more digging beyond a hollywood reporter quote you would find it to be true.

There were lots of contributing factors including a sexist leaked script he wrote for wonder woman. Justice league rewrites/reshoots being awful and the film being a failure. The guy that made buffy and firefly and forced in a black widow back story in age of ultron cant come up with a batgirl story which he just figured out after months of being signed on to do it. Ok then guy keep living in your bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Several pages back I said that I couldn't see what all the fuss was about her, and that I'm only familiar with her due to the amount of people who get massively triggered from the sound of her name. And I disagree with many of her arguments, thing is I can rebut them rationally on their own merits without needing to attack her personal life like some kind of creepy stalker with an obsession.

I'm sorry but I just don't find your argument compelling. It honestly reads like you have a hate boner for this person and so you make mountains out of molehills.
    You're playing the ignorance card really hard, despite all the evidence that's been given. She claims she's a gamer, she's claimed to own all these games, yet she has admitted to not playing games and hating any game that has violence, shooting, gore or sexy females.
    I'm sorry but I just don't find your argument compelling. It honestly reads like you have a hate boner for this person and so you make mountains out of molehills.
    There in lies your problem, you can go back through all my posts in this thread and not once do I make any hateful remark about her or any remark that states how I feel towards her. In your playful ignorance to white knight hard, you failed to see that I'm calling YOU out for being defending anything about her just for the sake of it.
    I in fact agree with Anita on some things, like women are overly objectified and killing/violence is too glorified, but I wont ignore that she's not what she claims that she is and that's a gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    You're playing the ignorance card really hard, despite all the evidence that's been given. She claims she's a gamer, she's claimed to own all these games, yet she has admitted to not playing games and hating any game that has violence, shooting, gore or sexy females.

There in lies your problem, you can go back through all my posts in this thread and not once do I make any hateful remark about her or any remark that states how I feel towards her. In your playful ignorance to white knight hard, you failed to see that I'm calling YOU out for being defending anything about her just for the sake of it.
    I in fact agree with Anita on some things, like women are overly objectified and killing/violence is too glorified, but I wont ignore that she's not what she claims that she is and that's a gamer.
    But you're so obsessed with her that rather than addressing her arguments instead you're cyberstalking her posts looking for some evidence she's not a "real" gamer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    But you're so obsessed with her that rather than addressing her arguments instead you're cyberstalking her posts looking for some evidence she's not a "real" gamer.
    Quite the contrary, I come into this thread and my first post is just pointing out how wrong you are.

If providing evidence and proof(that takes 2 seconds of googling) is your definition of "obsessed" or "cyberstalking" then by all means live in that delusion.

And again
    addressing her arguments
    why would I address them? I haven't said I had a problem with them, I'm just pointing out to you how wrong you are in white knighting her

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Quite the contrary, I come into this thread and my first post is just pointing out how wrong you are.

If providing evidence and proof(that takes 2 seconds of googling) is your definition of "obsessed" or "cyberstalking" then by all means live in that delusion.

And again

why would I address them? I haven't said I had a problem with them, I'm just pointing out to you how wrong you are in white knighting her
    I've said several times now that I don't agree with a lot of her arguments, apparently me being unconvinced by lame ad hominem attacks is "white knighting".

So you see why you give the impression you have an obsessive hatred of this person?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

As I read through this thread I notice a lot of comments asking why gamers care about Sakeesian and why don't we just ignore her.

Ignoring her won't mean she will go away. She is being fed oxygen from feminists and progressive SJW's. She will stay around regardless of whether gamers comment about her or not. To suggest she will fade away if we pretend she doesn't exist is to admit you don't fully understand what she is and what she represents. Who do you think pays for her lectures or gives her donations? I assure you it's not gamers, she is being propped up by clueless game companies and feminist progressives.

So people who are passionate about their hobby should speak out against charlatans like Anita who's only agenda is to profit from misandrists that want to close down the gaming industry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laozi View Post
    im still super FUCKING MAD AS ALL HELL about EA killing off bullfrog in 2001. everything after is just the cum cream on the scat pie that is EA
    - - - Updated - - -
    i cant tell is bait or you actually serious?

this women is even hated by a lot of feminists
    Yeah, I don't do that, and I don't form my opinions of others based on whether others I like agree with them or not. I find her insights valuable, she does articulate herself in a intelligent, smart and even sometimes funny way.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis