Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    How American of them, I'm sure it will turn out well.

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    https://www.thelocal.dk/20180226/dan...ivileged-areas

Vandalism, theft and threatening behaviour will be punished more severely in areas defined as 'special punishment zones', according to a new plan to be set out by the Danish government.
    Double punishments for certain types of offence committed in underprivileged areas defined as 'ghettos' will form part of a programme of measures aimed at the marginalised zones, Justice Minister Søren Pape Poulsen told newspaper Berlingske.

They exact types of crime to be subjected to the harsher punishments is yet to be confirmed, but will be defined as part of the parliamentary process to establish the new measures, according to the report.

The government will not decide which areas are to be subject to 'double punishment' for the crimes in question.

This will be left under the jurisdiction of police chiefs locally, Berlingske reports.

But Poulsen told the newspaper that forms of criminality that contributed to 'parallel societies' would be targeted by the measure.

"Vandalism, theft or threats could be the reason [for stricter punishments]. That means the hammer will fall extra hard in those areas," he said.

Parliamentary ally the Danish People's Party said it would not comment on the report before seeing the proposal in its entirety.

But opposition Social Democrat spokesperson Trine Bramsen told Berlingske that her party considered the measure of targeting specified areas with harsher punishments "sensible".

A concerted effort to reduce crime and social inequality in Denmark's underprivileged areas was announced by Prime Minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen in his traditional New Year's speech.

But the measure could represent a gamble with rule of law in the Scandinavian country, said Birgitte Arent Eiriksson, legal advisor with thinktank Justitia.

"Where there is rule of law, it is very, very important that everyone is equal before the law. But I find it difficult to see how that could be the case with this proposal," she said.

Additional sources: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-ghettos.html
    http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel...rtikel=6894478
    https://www.svt.se/nyheter/utrikes/d...traff-i-getton

- - - Updated - - -

Would this be effective to crackdown on crime in those areas or do you think it's not going to solve anything?
    As an American, its sometimes refreshing to know that Europe can also be completely backwards and stupid.

Sounds dumb. If they want to punish criminals more, they should just make more severe punishments for ALL criminals, instead of segregating them. Also, I hope that this concerns only serious crimes. People should not go to jail for 3 to 5 for having a joint in a pocket.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    well, if you make the punishments harsher where they need to be harsher, it isn't fair, but if you keep relatively sane punishments for the crazy areas, then the criminals just won't give a shit and do it anyways.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    ...they should all receive the same punishment.
    No. The punishment is determined also by the criminal's background and origin.

Seems pretty racist to me.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So a rich kid from a well off neighborhood could have a softer punishment then a poor kid doing the same crime.
    Isnt this the shit that people make fun of America for.
    Same punishment for first time offenders please

How about that. It's finally begun to happen. Mostly hard Left Europe has become tired of what they once welcomed in the name of "diversity."

I knew it would happen. I just wondered how much it would take to wake Europe up. There is a certain sort of people ( whom I will not name because a certain red-skinned comic book character blindly defends them) who are demonstrably the enemies of Western Civilization. Who have been the enemies thereof for centuries. The fight back goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    No. The punishment is determined also by the criminal's background and origin.
    Which is a load of bullshit. You see criminals get off because a shitty childhood but people are never punished more harshly because they grew up in a rich environment.

Might be a deterrent, but also ignores any kind of constitutional legality. I'm rather fond of the later tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Yeah, it complicates the matter, when the prisons are "better" than the "free" living you have in your own country...
    I guess you don't know that much of it, for it isn't. The complication is when the prisons are better than the lifestyle of many countries.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Sounds like a bad idea (i.e. it will make things worse) and a perversion of the justice system (where you live shouldn't matter).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Seems pretty racist to me.
    Can't really be racist, this law is to affect danish people in the same zone too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Sounds like a bad idea (i.e. it will make things worse) and a perversion of the justice system (where you live shouldn't matter).
    The thing is, it is extended for conflicted housing areas, 'ghetto' area. The majority of them has unexplainable hostile and criminal activities.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupimus View Post
    Shoot every marauder on the streets.

Keep doing it until they realize that Malmö isn't in the middle of the Sahara, or some other low resource shithole full of low resource shitholes committed to living a life of violence, robbery and extortion.

Then you keep doing it for the next fifteen years and decide you need to burn the fucking stains off. Because they won't come off any other way.
    Hey @Crissi how come I'm banned within seconds for petty shit or supposition of intent yet it's ok to make racists comments + call to murder ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Up next, affluent areas get reduction in crime sentencing, oh wait, that happens it's just not on the books.
    Not known to happen yet. And if so, it could always be taken further.

What a joke, a crime is a crime. It doesn't matter who commits it they should all receive the same punishment. If they want harsher laws then make them harsher for everyone not just poor people.
    It isn't due to poor people, heck, if you are on benefits here, you aren't poor, you're just without job. It is set for the zones of selection due to the already increased crime rating there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    The thing is, it is extended for conflicted housing areas, 'ghetto' area. The majority of them has unexplainable hostile and criminal activities.
    But it would mean that people living in these areas are not equal before the law, like everyone else in the country, right?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

See how great it works in the US. Giving poor people 5-10 years for crack (while letting the rich off the hook for cocaine) has really cleaned up the streets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It isn't due to poor people, heck, if you are on benefits here, you aren't poor, you're just without job. It is set for the zones of selection due to the already increased crime rating there.
    Poverty and low-level crime goes hand in hand. They're not gonna find a lot of gang-related crimes with residents of a wealthy area. Unless they're targeting insider trading and tax fraud, they're giving the middle finger to the poor, which again means going harder on the immigrants. This will only contribute to make integration even harder, and nurture racist ideas on both sides.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    But it would mean that people living in these areas are not equal before the law, like everyone else in the country, right?
    Yes, and no. It is to be on the paper on having a method of trying to counter the exceedingly higher crime rates. You have to remember, we're talking about zones where medical and rescue personnel have rather take a day of, than to go and help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Poverty and low-level crime goes hand in hand. They're not gonna find a lot of gang-related crimes with residents of a wealthy area. Unless they're targeting insider trading and tax fraud, they're giving the middle finger to the poor, which again means going harder on the immigrants. This will only contribute to make integration even harder, and nurture racist ideas on both sides.
    Too much money as well feeds crime rating, you have people commonly from these areas too, abusing the benefit system. As well, areas like these are easier to push people into things due to the lack of attention by families there, comes from all classes there. There are working classes and benefit people there, both immigrants, asylum seekers and danes alike - heck, integration in these zones are at a low too because they don't see that they should have to.

I know it is harsh but we're talking about areas where the government's last plan of addressing it is to desolve it and forcefully spread the citizens among new buildings to be built there, or other cities.

- - - Updated - - -

See how great it works in the US. Giving poor people 5-10 years for crack (while letting the rich off the hook for cocaine) has really cleaned up the streets.
    Everyone gets the same hammer on that topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I can see it making things worse... some idiot kid breaking into a home for money, or out of desperation, and going to jail/prison which hardens them and creates a "better" criminal.

Of course that may be a biased opinion based on US prisons, which are better than third world prisons, but worse than the scandinavian ones...so....

I think a better alternative would be to hire more officers/police and put them on the streets... including the "no go zones" that keep coming up in discussion.
    Trying to victimize criminals, that's a liberal if I've ever seen one. How are you gonna justify vandalism? Assault on Medical personel and the police?, Muggings? Stabbings? MURDERS?
    Last edited by Blackrunner01; 2018-02-27 at 07:53 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah cause crack and cocaine are the same thing? wtf? not even close (high wise). like comparing meth to molly. people that dont understand drugs at all are absurd to me. all you have to do is go to your local homeless shelter and talk to the people there... if you going to comment at least know wtf you talking about.

but yeah if USA came out and said this, this forum would be in a frenzy of shit posts.
    Last edited by oxymoronic; 2018-02-27 at 08:17 AM.