Page 81 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Pardon me; they get broken.

But it is pretty safe to assume they tried to defend their entity and failed doing so... i mean what kind of a paladin wouldn't?
    They got no power left whatsoever, with those still having some being dealt with suspicion. So i doubt they will be doing anything important any time soon.
    Actually a lot of them just lose their power, but not all.

Talanji is also a priestess of Rezan and the presumption is that she still has her powers.

Plus Shadra has proven that Loa can be restored.

Ok I found some really neat theory:

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsie
    In the dungeon journal, Rezan's description is:
    'Rezan, once a loa to the Zuldazar kings, had his soul torn from his body during a ritual. Now, only a twisted husk remains, bent on devouring anyone who enters his hunting grounds.'

Meaning his spirit was already stolen (presumably by Zul) before we got there. We kill his husk, which means the hero would be aware that Rezan's spirit has, in fact, been stolen. Why would someone want to steal a loa's spirit? Clearly some evil deed. (Edit: If he is the loa to bless kings and bring great strength, it can be assumed this power is pretty measurable, too.)

We probably have to fight whoever this baddie is and regain the spirits of the loa. This could be part of the story to unlock Zandalari trolls, like how Argussian Reach's story required completion of the Cathedral of Light.

Basically, we have only one piece of the story that's available in the journal. There is something far deeper here that involves Rezan, and to an extent, prelates.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...ge=11#post-203

I quite like it, it would fit with my suggestion to review the Loa. It could be that prelates had for a moment downtime, but we don't know if this is where the story ends, it could be that culmination is later where Rezan is freed and they get their powers back.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    PCing and just saw this.

Thank Blizzard on fostering the faction BS. I guarantee you if sides were flipped with Alliance having two extra druid races with new art added and wanting a race that can be literally almost any class people would be up in arms. That's just how it works bud.

As for the second part, is your reading comprehension that shitty? I'm saying the Horde would get access to a COMPLETELY NEW SET OF ANIMATIONS if they got Zandalari paladins while Alliance haven't gotten shit since BC for paladin. I know the base stuff ffs.
    Well it just seems i do not understand what you mean. Why should they get a new set of animations? They would use the same as Tauren, Human, Belf, Dwarf... Paladin animations or do they all have different animations?
    Last edited by mmocb60b32fc9b; 2018-02-27 at 09:23 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by temux View Post
    Well i just seems i do not understand what you mean. Why should they get a new set of animations? They would use the same as Tauren, Human, Belf, Dwarf... Paladin animations or do they all have different animations?
    Zandalari Trolls would use the same Paladin Animations as any other Paladin 'cause the individual attacks and spells got their new Legion Update to be the same across races.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Zandalari Trolls would use the same Paladin Animations as any other Paladin 'cause the individual attacks and spells got their new Legion Update to be the same across races.
    At least they could change Valkyrie-like summonable pet to glowing T-rex. :P
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    Thats what i thought but obviously Mr. Sett has another opinion.

Good. That would make no sense.

Deleted
    Even without Rezan they are now part of the Horde.
    We got sunwalkers and Blood Knights that can learn them to reconnect to the light by other sources.

Blizzard just made it very clear with this questline that Zandalari paladins make totally sense, if not at the start of BfA then in a later patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    What about rasta and hes daughter? They both are part of that holy power.. i can see it happening that they regain power .
    I hope rasta stays alive hes interesting.. finnaly a cool troll character and we are about to lose him it seems..
    You mean a witch doctor and a priestess?
    Hardly paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Plus Shadra has proven that Loa can be restored.
    Yes, with some differences; the spider was never revived as undead.
    After seeing that happen i doubt it will be an easy feat to regain their faith...

I mean; their entity is basically being killed and then revived as a puppet, which is once again put down... and that all while being supposed to be "the embodyment of strength" in their eyes.
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2018-02-27 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Even without Rezan they are now part of the Horde.
    We got sunwalkers and Blood Knights that can learn them to reconnect to the light by other sources.

Blizzard just made it very clear with this questline that Zandalari paladins make totally sense, if not at the start of BfA then in a later patch.
    Yeah but what made them appealing was that they had their own source of power, that was the Loa. I'd hate if they'd borrow it from somebody else. I believe that if anything they should get powers from another Loa.

Zandalari won't be recruit-able at launch. Who know we might unlock it much later, like in a patch. There is still an option that they will recover somehow.

- - - Updated - - -

Hardly paladins.
    He is not a witch doctor, and Talanji is High Priestess of Rezan. If her Loa is gone she essentially losses her powers as well. What matters is that both she and prelates had exact same source of powers, if they lost is she should lose it too, as it was the same Loa that empowered them.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2018-02-27 at 11:08 AM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    He is not a witch doctor, and Talanji is High Priestess of Rezan. If her Loa is gone she essentially losses her powers as well. What matters is that both she and prelates had exact same source of powers, if they lost is she should lose it too, as it was the same Loa that empowered them.
    Indeed... which is why the prelates who kept their power are looked at with suspicion... (perhaps they made a pact with Zul prior to the deed?)

5+ Year Old Account
    Since the power of Rezan is supposedly being used to resurrect the Old King(s?) to control the Zandalari, -somehow-, it may be that Yazma is the one who actually -has- Rezan's power in her direct control, and is doling it out to those whose faith in Rezan turned to her.

But we're gonna kill her. So wherefore doth the power wend?

I'm -hoping- it goes back to "Ghost T-Rex" and he can start offering power to the Prelates, again. Or that his essence/spirit is too far gone and we have to use his power to purify Hakkar's void crystal heart. Either way: Giving the Prelates their Loa-Leader back so they can wield paladinly abilities.

Maybe we've gotta take Rezan's power since his spirit is too far gone and invest it into one of his Children? It's not uncommon for Ancients and Spirits to have kids who are powerful, but not AS powerful, as their parents, and handing "Rizan" the power of "Rezan" would fit fairly well as a direct succession of power among the "King" of the Loa's family line, right?
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Good. That would make no sense.
    What about the existing ones in game? They have existed in lore since at least vanilla wow.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hardly paladins.

Yes, with some differences; the spider was never revived as undead.
    After seeing that happen i doubt it will be an easy feat to regain their faith...

I mean; their entity is basically being killed and then revived as a puppet, which is once again put down... and that all while being supposed to be "the embodyment of strength" in their eyes.
    Man.. please dont try to awnser if you havr no idea.. they are part of rezans power... priest uses the lights power as well.. why i need to keep explaining this?

Now we just have to remove BE, Tauren, Dwarf, and Draenei paladins from the game, and paladins will be back to how they should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Man.. please dont try to awnser if you havr no idea.. they are part of rezans power... priest uses the lights power as well.. why i need to keep explaining this?
    because priest doesn't take their power from Rezan as already been explained in the other thread there are Loa like Shandra that suffice for that.

Rezan seems to be a different Loa, not "light loa #2" but something more "divine loa of zandalar, that gives the str to zandalari holy warriors to smack the fuck out any zandalar enemy"

Since the power of Rezan is supposedly being used to resurrect the Old King(s?) to control the Zandalari, -somehow-, it may be that Yazma is the one who actually -has- Rezan's power in her direct control, and is doling it out to those whose faith in Rezan turned to her.

But we're gonna kill her. So wherefore doth the power wend?

I'm -hoping- it goes back to "Ghost T-Rex" and he can start offering power to the Prelates, again. Or that his essence/spirit is too far gone and we have to use his power to purify Hakkar's void crystal heart. Either way: Giving the Prelates their Loa-Leader back so they can wield paladinly abilities.

Maybe we've gotta take Rezan's power since his spirit is too far gone and invest it into one of his Children? It's not uncommon for Ancients and Spirits to have kids who are powerful, but not AS powerful, as their parents, and handing "Rizan" the power of "Rezan" would fit fairly well as a direct succession of power among the "King" of the Loa's family line, right?
    Well I posted a nice theory I found on official wow forums a page ago and it does sound like a compelling scenario. Let us not lose faith in our great T-Rex Loa.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    because priest doesn't take their power from Rezan as already been explained in the other thread there are Loa like Shandra that suffice for that.

Rezan seems to be a different Loa, not "light loa #2" but something more "divine loa of zandalar, that gives the str to zandalari holy warriors to smack the fuck out any zandalar enemy"
    Not all priests take powers from Rezan, that's right. But Talanji does, she is a high priestess devoted to him, and I am willing to bet that a lot of priests in Zandalar are his followers as well.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Well I posted a nice theory I found on official wow forums a page ago and it does sound like a compelling scenario. Let us not lose faith in our great T-Rex Loa.

- - - Updated - - -

Not all priests take powers from Rezan, that's right. But Talanji does, she is a high priestess devoted to him, and I am willing to bet that a lot of priests in Zandalar are his followers as well.
    That can be because Talanji is the daughter of Rastakhan and maybe their bloodline, if we suppose all the zkings are from the same family, are """blessed""" by Rezan as depositary of the will of Zandalar so any member of their family can invoke Rezan power.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could be how he started out, or it could just be "An Evil Purple Crystal" with no more thought put into it by the Devs than that, at the time, being retconned into Void Control.

Either way, it looks like something has corrupted him, and has since his original appearance in Vanilla. If we were to take Rezan's essence, or power, and put it into the Crystal, the Gurubashi Blood God could become a new Prelate-Worshipped Loa of the Zandalari.
    Well, the crystal certainly has some significance. In the 4.1 official artwork, the crystal has quite a prominent glow coming from it, while the rest of his body is darkened:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    That can be because Talanji is the daughter of Rastakhan and maybe their bloodline, if we suppose all the zkings are from the same family, are """blessed""" by Rezan as depositary of the will of Zandalar so any member of their family can invoke Rezan power.
    And one of them sacrifices themselves to resurrect Rezan's spirit?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    Maybe a King? :tinfoil: